test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    zwalk said:

Odds for the Orcus Wand with this change will be like trying to win the lottery daily.

It will be a lockbox item in mod 15.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    zwalk said:

Odds for the Orcus Wand with this change will be like trying to win the lottery daily.

I got the shard when if first came out.. sold it for like 200-700k or something like that.. ran CN numerous times since then with 6 different toons... haven't ever gotten another shard.

Not like the odds will change for me, LOL.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • juandavid777juandavid777 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    sm0ld3r said:

weaver936 said:

to the people trying to justify this nonesense please just stop your not helping with this silver lining KITTEN, i can tell you from experince as the person who has probably run PoM more than any other the drop rates are a joke silver usually nets you nothing and gold usually a +1/2 so i try my luck with the chest and maybe out of every 10 runs i see a +3/4 once or twice if im lucky and the only reason i can continue to hope that i may get the +5 ring i want is the fact i can see what is there and decide not to take it yes i just wasted 12 minutes for nothing but at least i get another try at it.

the problem here is time vs reward before mod 10 i didnt mind so much about getting the +1/2 ring as its salvage was 4000 on a really good run i could make 12k from the slavage, now im lucky to have 2k and you want to reduce the only reason to play some of the content (no-one likes PoM or MC) to make this change work you would have to MASSIVLEY increase drop rates of the desired rewards which would KITTEN off a lot of players who had to work to earn what they have.

please listen to the players who have been with neverwinter for many years now (myself included) alot of whom are offering much more viable and lucrative options and not the KITTEN kissers who are brown nosing, dont make the same mistakes you done before which have cost you a portion of your player base each time (MOD 6, coalgate, gateway) as you devolope a bad reputation which will make it harder to to gain more customers

(on a side note please change the filter back to kitten i could care less about hamsters)

The above post summarized: There are people that don't agree with my ignorant perspective... they must be brown-nosers... I've leeched off a simplistic easy system to feel like i did something to be proud of (for years). I'm mad because I might have to earn what I get instead of rolling the dice and getting a lucky drop or exploiting whatever bugs I can find to make the game EVEN EASIER.

(My own personal perspective.. I'm SICK of coming to the forums to find some intelligent discussion on recent developments to instead be greeted with shallow thinking ragers.)
    I have no idea what you are talking about since your post doesn't make much sense. Even the current system where you can decline the chest is extremely unrewarding due to the poor rewards and low drop rates. How do you draw the conclusion that the new system makes you earn your rewards?

The only one leeching off the simplistic easy system is Cryptic since they are too lazy to do a proper design and offer a rewarding drop mechanism.

I would never buy and use keys after they change it, not unless they dramatically change the drop rates in the extra chest. The original DD system was far better than any of this. At that time I actually did feel rewarded when completing a dungeon. Now it feels like reaching into a bag filled with pennies hoping I might find the one nickel hidden in there.

I don't understand him either he sounds like asch's conformity (totally brainwashed like a Pentecostal glossolalia speaker) you must think outside the box bla bla. Been here for 4 years most ppls I played with have left. I wonder why he doesn't respond on lancer's calculation about the AD loss?

in case from those 10 keys you win 10 rings +1/+2 it will be a return of 25.000 AD a net loss of 225,000 AD
    incase you use the invoking system in that case you can get 37.500 ad and the net loss will be of 212.500

in case of winnin +3 or +4 rings aswell in mixt of +1 / +2 rings i belive the return can hit up to 60.000 AD and the net loss of 190.000 by using the Invoking system .

in every case of tryin to maximize the potential return you will loose .

Thats why the only way to fix what they are implementing is to make 1 key = 10 zen and also half the time it takes to make 1 key from the campaign, or even make a pack of 25x keys worth 250 zen.

this way players will buy zen keys/ or make campaign keys in a liniar way and use them nevertheless of the minimal loss or minimal gain.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Doing professions with 50 toon slots really is an exploit.

Devs decide what is or is not an exploit. They've been pretty clear on that issue (with leadership armies).

The problems are actually pretty similar to the dungeon key "exploit". It's easily reproducible and involves using parts of the game that clearly aren't bugged. That's what's so BS about them saying that the dungeon key issue was the result of a bug and using it was an exploit. It should've been handled like leadership armies and they should've just said that they're changing it because they need to update dungeon chest rewards.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • groglastgroglast Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Calling it a bug is an intentional lie.

Even if they decide to roll back this change, don't forget that they first tried to get away with this by intentionally lying.

As far as I'm concerned, this company isn't worth doing business with now or ever again in the future, because even if they decide to roll back this change, they still lied.

My recommendation to everyone is to quit the game or at least quit giving them money.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    urabask said:

Devs decide what is or is not an exploit. They've been pretty clear on that issue (with leadership armies).

The problems are actually pretty similar to the dungeon key "exploit". It's easily reproducible and involves using parts of the game that clearly aren't bugged. That's what's so BS about them saying that the dungeon key issue was the result of a bug and using it was an exploit. It should've been handled like leadership armies and they should've just said that they're changing it because they need to update dungeon chest rewards.
    And then.. instead of playing the dungeons.. people would save their keys for in preparation for the new Chest Rewards... smh.

They don't tell everything about their plans because they know people will do their damnedest to take advantage of anything they can.

“Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

urabask said:

And then.. instead of playing the dungeons.. people would save their keys for in preparation for the new Chest Rewards... smh.

They don't tell everything about their plans because they know people will do their damnedest to take advantage of anything they can.

They should've just accepted that as a consequence. The fallout from lying like this is going to be far worse than having people save keys.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The lack of feed from anyone with a Cryptic forum tag so far, shows exactly how much they care. Granted any response is just going to be flame bait, but someone needs to step up and take the hit.

@mimicking#6533
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Welcome to Neverwinter: Fishing, Heroic Encounters, and Gambling for items that need to be restored with more Heroic Encounters. Have fun.

I really wouldn't mind this change if there weren't so many other issues going on. Also, notice my avatar.... my fellow FBI mates will understand the humor in it.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    desisti said:

Afterall you will need him and Andy to help voice the player's concerns over this change to the developers at Cryptic. ;)

Erm... don't get me wrong but, when exactly advocating in behalf of players helped. Name one, just one big decision which was overturned because andy (or acro before him) advocated in behalf of players... that is correct, not once.
    @desisti Actually that is completely incorrect. :)

The problem is the decisions which get overturned or at least have compromises made are not remembered as vividly as the times changes went through even if you don't like them.

One easy example is the lostmauth set change. It was not overturned because it needed to happen. As controversial as it was it was a highly requested change for a long time. Andy fought long and hard to try to make that change easier for players who were being negatively impacted and without his voice the changes would have been made without any consideration other than how soon to "nerf" the sets.

That being said, nobody likes having their toys taken away even if it is for the better. The changes likely most keenly remembered are likely times that players got their toys taken away for good reason and the CM's were explaining the reasons the changes were made. I.E. Chest loot being change to BoP. People still complain about it today and I still tell people it was one of the better changes that ever happened whether they realize or accept it or not.

This decision is unpopular and right now they did not provide any evidence to show any positive effect from this change or any rational for why it should change. We'll see what Andyy says when he gets back but there are dozens of changes and QoL improvements players owe to Andy and Xelty. A lot of it happens behind the scenes or is unnoticed but I promise you changes would be a lot more heavy handed if Andy and Xelty express how badly certain changes either are or appear to be to the players.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    wtf, i use my key on elol. etos, ecc, egwd + on esot, kr the chest asks for me to choose which one of the 2 options i want, does any of dev even play this game to see the bugs? im just a player not a bug game chaser working for free for this company, get ur sh*t together and test it yourselfs, it already is tough to play the game with such a huge grinding level now we have to do ur job and look for bugs lol, also using keys like that to get +1/+2 rings on edemo/ndemo no ty, etos,ecc & egwd(is a 2k) and chest give epic rings, why not get epic rings on ndemo(2kil)/edemo(2.5kil) and +5 ring drop seems bugeed or broken because it hasnt dropped any for me since underdark was launched, and etc,

ps: lots of drop rate problems in this game
  • bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    urabask said:

Rofl. They're seriously trying to imply that an interface with an accept and decline option was a bug. At least be honest about it.

diogene0 said:

Thiis is what I would do if I wanted to upset all the players of my game at once. So good job on that, you're going to unite the entire playerbase against you.

To be fair, this change is incredibly upsetting, to the point I'm not seriously reconsidering my commitment to this game. This would be a huge breach of trust if this ever goes live. How can i trust the company not to screw me once again if such an horror gets validated and pushed to live?

Do not call a feature a bug. I do not normally do this, but I am doing it this time. I am not buying this explanation at all. We are being directly lied to. I am calling it out loud and directly accusing. To whoever ordered this lie be told: show me evidence to prove otherwise.

I suggest editing the original post to say that the feature is being removed. I would respect that far more, since I understand how a company exists to make money and would want to sell more keys.

Everything will have double or triple gating, everything will be reviewed in terms of cash shop and where or how they can get more money.

This is the end of this game.. that is clear, once a game is only about the cash shop and not about actual quality of game, there is zero reason to play it anymore.

Run , run from this game, you cannot in good honesty stay after this announcement.

I was all but done anyways, getting salavage for double weekened, maybe stay for christmas, this is super easy and frees me from even thinking about it, all they have done is dumped in tons of grind we cant do, now gate it for more zen purchase HAMSTER.

The game has jumped its shark moment, when you incessantly bash your customers over the head with advance with cash shop only items only, its over.

This is a bad joke, right? Not even Cryptic is THAT stupid.

loexwell said:

This is a bad joke, right? Not even Cryptic is THAT stupid.

No they think WE are that stupid.
    zran#0953 said:

If you do this Arc I am done. I and likely many others will never spend a cent more on your game. If you value the feedback of your users at all this thread should make you see that this change to fix a "bug" is not a good idea.

It is truly sad that game developers have become so money hungry, what happened to the days where games were made to be played not paid?

This thread is such a breach of trust that I just made my first and possibly last forum post. Take heed of your players we do not want this blatant cash grab.

Where is the blog annoucing a thorough review of the mind boggling QOL issue we have.

You are light years behind other mmos now.

Where is the player advocates, there seems to be alot of cash grabbing money advocates for your team right now, where is the THIS doesnt seem fun reviews?

You are all crazy.

EVEN if you removed this disastrous decision. YOUR game isnt WORTHY of being played atm.

lirithiel said:

Hey on the bright side, at the least bots aren't getting the blame this time.

They overused anti bot.. now its anti bug!

IT all usually boils down to .. ACTUALLY anti real players.

ravenkkin said:

this is so... we should all... hell cant be bothered any more.. last nail

putzboy78 said:

All I see is them basically trying to wipe away the old guard here....take away everything we can't manage to get right and take the heat now....then, once all the old time players with millions of AD are gone, we will just have the new players who don't know any better. YAY.

I still contend they are trying to lower game population/profitability on the game to a point where they get relieved from their IP contract requirements. So they can sell to another developer who has the skills and maturity to manage this franchise.
    lirithiel said:

putzboy78 said:

All I see is them basically trying to wipe away the old guard here....take away everything we can't manage to get right and take the heat now....then, once all the old time players with millions of AD are gone, we will just have the new players who don't know any better. YAY.

I still contend they are trying to lower game population/profitability on the game to a point where they get relieved from their IP contract requirements. So they can sell to another developer who has the skills and maturity to manage this franchise.
    This. It's the only thing that makes any sense.
    QFFT!!!

Quoted for F***ing Truth!!!

Post edited by bigredbrent on
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016

kreatyve said:

And Xeltey is the EU Community Manager - filling in for Andy while he's on vacation.

I live in the EU and this is the first time I have ever heard of @xeltey. As far as I knew, @strumslinger was the only community manager.
    @acathlasjm
    We often refer to the EU Community Teams as "international" because they are dedicated for the non-english communities. If you go to the French, German...etc... news pages and forums you will see Xelty a lot but Andy...well never because I don't believe he knows any of the languages. I can only recall Xelty joining Andy on stream once over VOIP even though we definitely thought it would be a good idea to do more often. The timing makes it hard since it is an 8 or nine hour difference at least.

Xelty has been the CM for EU for...ever? While we are all one team behind the scenes we generally don't mix much. :(
  • vonbek#3799 vonbek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    To any Cryptic dev or employee who actually has a brain, eyes and some business sense I hand you this in the vein of the old Tank saying of "Get out the red, the DPS of a Corpse is zero"...

"The revenue stream of an inactive player is Zero."

Quit lying, quite trying to sell us horsepuckey excuses like "we dropped the Gateway due to botting" and "The decline button is a bug" as truths, get back to actually sorting major and minor actual bugs and generating new content etc.

You've had about $40 out of me so far, due to various screwups and lies you've told in the last three months you've pretty much driven off a player that's sunk thousands into WoW over the years and would have been happy to do the same here for something worthwhile... as it stands me and my wallet are now likely to go somewhere else if there aren't major changes in a LOT of areas.

Post edited by ironzerg79 on
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    they did this sytem in the past, for a week or so and it gave items that tos, gwd & cc (all are 3player dungeons) were given at the epic version of these, made players frustraded and lose so many key to shi*ty rewards, warned players, yes, but didnt fixed right away we had to wait for the next week maintenace for them to put it back to what it was, now we are getting the same things, at least make sure the rewards are given right this time.
  • kevinwinterkevinwinter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    sameriker said:

This really makes you want to buy the VIP for the chest keys. I skimmed over a lot of this because I have serious work in the morning. From the looks of it there is a lot of rage quitting and players threatening to quit should the update continue. I assume, when I get home from work and run the update, I will be hearing crickets chirp in PE?

I doubt it. In fact, I imagine most of you will be online tomorrow, because I see this every time. Tomorrow will come and go and the same people will be here ranting about this same stuff tomorrow. You are not ranting at the developers or the company but each other. The poor moderators are only players like you. You can rant at me, if you must, I am a database engineer but have nothing to do with Cryptic Studios. As far as I know, or care to know, Andy (who is on vacation) is some unpaid college intern.

Don't get me wrong, changes like this upset all of us. The real way to get their attention, is to contact the correct people. Cryptic Studios and PWE want you to come here, vent, cool off, and return to the game. Why not take the time and some cell phone minutes to look up the HQ information and call someone. Moderators are not the bad guys, they are punching bags for Cryptic Studios. There is nothing illegal about contacting a company you have issues with and making yourself known and heard. Just be polite.

Also if you don't wish to call or have the means to call, you can write to;
    Mr. Stephen D'angelo
    Chief Executive Officer
    980 University Avenue
    Building D
    Los Gatos, CA 95032-7620

I imagine no one with paper and pen will bother to write a letter and send it. No calls will be made. Just more venting and in less than a month I will see many of these same players at the upcoming Masquerade of Liars.

See you in the game tomorrow.

Well said!

I've seen, in all of the MMOs I've played, players get upset over proposed changes/class balances and then run to the forums to claim it will ruin the game, and/or threaten to quit. Then, once those changes go live, they continue to log in and adapt to the changes, realizing they aren't so bad.

If this change has you (the general you, not you sameriker) considering quitting the game, do so. You either need a break or you were already considering quitting.
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    And meanwhile < we still don't allow vulgar language on the forum >
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
    edited October 2016
    sameriker said:

This really makes you want to buy the VIP for the chest keys. I skimmed over a lot of this because I have serious work in the morning. From the looks of it there is a lot of rage quitting and players threatening to quit should the update continue. I assume, when I get home from work and run the update, I will be hearing crickets chirp in PE?

You missed what the real problem is. If it is about Epic dungeon key (that you get 3 keys per day with VIP), half of the posts (if not 90% of the post) in this thread would not be written.

It is more about Legendary Dragon Key which you can only buy from Zen store regardless you have VIP or not.
    What I gathered is, in the next mod, there will be 3 chests and they all needed to be opened by Legendary Dragon Key (or may be one of those you can only craft a character bound key one per day key).

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited October 2016

jwriams said:

I love this part:

"We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not..."

Let me get this straight....

You ADMIT that a SMALL number of people DIDN'T know about declining.
    Did it EVER occur to you to TELL THEM?

Make an announcement. Boom.... now, everyone knows.

Instead, you DESTROY the economics of the game to address a SMALL number of uninformed people and you call their ignorance an inequality????

Sounds like have a place in government if you need a second career.

+1

This reminds me of how the US spent millions of dollars to develop a pen that wrote in zero gravity, and the russians used a pencil.

The easy solution is right in front of you.

Just in case you don't know, it is a myth and Russian (Soviet) actually used the same pen NASA used.

http://www.snopes.com/business/genius/spacepen.asp
  • meerchaummeerchaum Member Posts: 27 Arc User

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderation member to please make sure that when you light your torches, grab your pitchforks and apply the tar and feathers, that you do your best to keep it within the bounds of the forum code of conduct. Thanks.

I now return you to your regularly schedule rage

With that being said...

wow now they mock us
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User

zwalk said:

There isn't going to be a mod 15, this game will be dead long before they get that high!
  • beadinbeadin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Since we won't be able to decline to use the key purchased with Zen to obtain crappy loot, I suppose we can just decline to buy any more Zen instead. Let us know how that works out for your bottom line, Cryptic.
    zactor said:

zwalk said:

There isn't going to be a mod 15, this game will be dead long before they get that high!
    Sadly, it probably will. Comparing with mod 6 outcry, this episode is not even close. People back then said there wouldn't be mod 8 and could not pass 3 years.
    edited October 2016
    meerchaum said:

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderation member to please make sure that when you light your torches, grab your pitchforks and apply the tar and feathers, that you do your best to keep it within the bounds of the forum code of conduct. Thanks.

With that being said...

wow now they mock us
    @meerchaum
    You didn't read far enough:

Reminder Community Moderators are not staff members. They are players who assist with certain aspects of the forum.
    The Doctor GIF is Ironzerg's opinion of the change as a player.

He was trying to be lighthearted in a request to keep the understandable frustration somewhat reigned in. No mocking intended at all.

Nobody mocked anybody. You are reading the post without knowing the correct context. :)

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    meerchaum said:

With that being said...

wow now they mock us
    He's not mocking us FFS. @ironzerg79 is a player like us who happens to want to be Cryptic's little helper for some bizarre reason.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • redrocketx2redrocketx2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sadly just dropped $100 in game for stronghold chest of power.... I've seen so many good players leave from the amount of dumb decisions made by devs. I don't know if these devs realize this, but the rate of grind to the rate of reward is not even being close to worth it. The cost of items in the zen store aren't worth the items they sell it as. They destroyed the AD exchange with the removal of gateway. (LOOK AT THE ZEN BACKLOG!) They seem to really be pushing the PTW platform, and I mean at this point its not even PTW its Pay to play. Its like your eggging me to say HAMSTER it and go to third party sites. I'm not gonna lie, I have gone to third party sites multiple times. And hell you've given me bans multiple times... I guess this is just the last nail in the coffin...

If i'm gonna be making any purchases in the near future it sure as hell wont be from you guys.

HEY CHINA! YOU GOT SOME MONEY COMING YOUR WAY!

• b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    No one will buy the keys to open the second chest. The droprate of a wanted +5 ring is so unbelievable small that the total amount of runs needed still $%&/(§. No one wants to pay with his wallet for this RNG. Similar to the lockboxes, except that a lockbox pays for itself a lot. So in the end the droprate of rings is halfed. Not good. I did around 200 edemo runs to get the +5 brutality ring and maybe I need 500 more. Now I will have to do 1000 runs. Why? Game becomes more an more unrewarding and greedy.

FBI is so useless/bad/wrong and in addition I loose a key each time to receive a purple mod6 item? Not funny. Depression.

Droprates which require grinding and grinding is gated behind keys and keys are "1/day then pay". Oh man, this game went from 1 key per day (beta) to the actual system od epic dungeon chest keys and then the next generation of keys came and became... the same... but there is no free key per day. We have to grind for the key. There are no VIP keys. And in terms of AD the key is MUCH more expensive. Key 3.0 hamster edition...

Farming CN for a rank 8 enchantment (no sh$% runestone or junk) will be gone. Chance for Orcus halfed. Sleep well.

A shame.

//Bellsitor
  • connormb1#1915 connormb1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Destroyed the game loop here, we only chase the high level gear and boons for dungeons, there is no other game content that needs it.
    Not worth running dungeons= not worth advancing your toon past 70 and not worth advancing guild for boons.
    Every change is to stop players making AD to force real money zen purchases, binding everything etc...
    People are frustrated because it had all the makings of a game that could run and run.
    As it was before mod 10 and this once you knew the game you could run without buying zen but getting to that stage i spent double the cost of a new ps4 game.
    Everybody would pretty much do the same and be satisfied with doing so, even then i'd still be making occasional purchases plus VIP subs.
    It's a cash cow even being fair to players, if you guys were clever you would develop the guild side of things with proper wars and competition to get us needing to advance toons further rather than killing the game with your blinkered greed.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

meerchaum said:

With that being said...

wow now they mock us
    He's not mocking us FFS. @ironzerg79 is a player like us who happens to want to be Cryptic's little helper for some bizarre reason.
    @lirithiel Actually, technically I'm volunteering for PWE. I was asked by Strum, who's employed by PWE, not Cryptic, to volunteer to help moderate the discussion of Neverwinter on PWE's message boards.

If I actually had the chance to help Cryptic, I'd start by helping them NOT release statements like this to their playerbase. :smiley:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
This discussion has been closed.