test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

So, one suggestion... run alts.. -.-. They don't have to be BiS... get the keys from doing weeklies on your alts.. (and get the rad too)....

You guys really need to stop thinking about everything on the surface level. There really is NO reason to have to ever buy the Zen keys except early in a new dungeon's (campaign's) life.

I have 6 toons.. all can do FBI... all have keys stacking up... I don't have that much time to run them all through FBi everyday.. lol. I also have 3 other toons that are able to do edemo/CN...

The changes they are making with the keys will actually make edemo useful again.. aside from the rings... you can make the Greater Demonic Keys with the currency you get from edemo.

Also, with the chest jey change.. guess what... there's a reason to blow through MC, VT, KR, eLoL again.

Sure it's not a 6 million AD reward like the Shard of Orcus's Wand... but who actually ever loots that thing anyways.. lol.

Beyond that... Beyond the obvious.. pretty much every decision that the Dev's have made since Mod 7 (strongholds) has been good for the game, the game economy, normal players, and guilds )those that aren't just basically a pug with SH Boons). Initially, the community.. and even I have raged against the changes.. but as time goes on.. guess what.. I figured out the good in the changes.. took actions to capitialize on them.. and I sitting pretty,,, more or less.

The amount of positive changes that are coming to the game in Mod 10.5 wouldn't be at all possible if the changes in Mod 10 weren't made.

In Mod 10.5 the average player will be able to make serious ad. (ONLY BECAUSE the end gamers don't want to grind out the mats for Relic)/Vivi) This is good for guilds overall.. because 1. the players will continue to feel like they are progressing in game.. 2.. they will attain decent IL faster... and 3. they will be able to contribute to SH Coffers more readily and thereby the guild (and everyone of it members) will have access to Guild Boons that leads to faster content completion.

Just think... if they left the game as it has been... get your gear... get your boons.. farm the best loot dungeon a billion times.. omg.. that would be moronic.... at least in Mod 10.5 there are a myriad of ways to progress.

They only thing that's really being nerfed is the Dungeon/Gear Up autopiloting that has made this game so damn anti-social and simplistic.

Great Plan if you have no life, I shudder when I see my hours spent in game what you suggest would mean me spending every waking hour in game. Not going to happen realistically is it?
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    This is sad and sorta dumb.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    mahburg said:

weaver936 said:

So, one suggestion... run alts.. -.-. They don't have to be BiS... get the keys from doing weeklies on your alts.. (and get the rad too)....

You guys really need to stop thinking about everything on the surface level. There really is NO reason to have to ever buy the Zen keys except early in a new dungeon's (campaign's) life.

I have 6 toons.. all can do FBI... all have keys stacking up... I don't have that much time to run them all through FBi everyday.. lol. I also have 3 other toons that are able to do edemo/CN...

The changes they are making with the keys will actually make edemo useful again.. aside from the rings... you can make the Greater Demonic Keys with the currency you get from edemo.

Also, with the chest jey change.. guess what... there's a reason to blow through MC, VT, KR, eLoL again.

Sure it's not a 6 million AD reward like the Shard of Orcus's Wand... but who actually ever loots that thing anyways.. lol.

Beyond that... Beyond the obvious.. pretty much every decision that the Dev's have made since Mod 7 (strongholds) has been good for the game, the game economy, normal players, and guilds )those that aren't just basically a pug with SH Boons). Initially, the community.. and even I have raged against the changes.. but as time goes on.. guess what.. I figured out the good in the changes.. took actions to capitialize on them.. and I sitting pretty,,, more or less.

The amount of positive changes that are coming to the game in Mod 10.5 wouldn't be at all possible if the changes in Mod 10 weren't made.

In Mod 10.5 the average player will be able to make serious ad. (ONLY BECAUSE the end gamers don't want to grind out the mats for Relic)/Vivi) This is good for guilds overall.. because 1. the players will continue to feel like they are progressing in game.. 2.. they will attain decent IL faster... and 3. they will be able to contribute to SH Coffers more readily and thereby the guild (and everyone of it members) will have access to Guild Boons that leads to faster content completion.

Just think... if they left the game as it has been... get your gear... get your boons.. farm the best loot dungeon a billion times.. omg.. that would be moronic.... at least in Mod 10.5 there are a myriad of ways to progress.

They only thing that's really being nerfed is the Dungeon/Gear Up autopiloting that has made this game so damn anti-social and simplistic.

Great Plan if you have no life, I shudder when I see my hours spent in game what you suggest would mean me spending every waking hour in game. Not going to happen realistically is it?
    Ha;f of my 70's were leveled with invoking and geared with Tradebars from ViP... it's not as time consuming as you think... Invoking is profitable... and Vip is probably the very best thing you can get for an account...

Win/Win.

Socialize with a guild or players that actually KNOW the game.. instead of some random pugs that you find in queues.. you'll go further that way.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Do you get it now? Loot. An aspect that is so fundamental to Dungeons and Dragons. The entire point of there being Dungeons to delve and Dragons to kill is to take their loot.

And you guys have literally created some bizarro-world D&D where thousands and thousands and thousands of adventures are literally exercising their option to not take the loot because it's so bad.

The dragon dies.

The loot chest opens.

And the heroes politely decline.

This 1000 Times. When I talk to my pen and paper DnD group....

- "I killed Demogorgon, prince of demons and I did fight with Drizzt!!!"
    - Wow awesome, and what did you get?
    - A +1 ring.....
    - O_o

- "Today we killed Tiamat God of dragons!!!! even we were with Elminster"
    - Incredible... you have a +5 mage staff or something?
    - No... I got a peridot
    - O_o!!

- "I killed Orcus! ORCUS!!!"
    - Heh I bet he forgot the loot in other plane....
    - Not really I got a Rank 8 and a +3 ring! But I had to use a legendary key! -.-
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User

And you guys have literally created some bizarro-world D&D where thousands and thousands and thousands of adventures are literally exercising their option to not take the loot because it's so bad.

The dragon dies.

The loot chest opens.

And the heroes politely decline.

You couldnt describe it better i think.

I could also add:

Several Dragons die, a Lich Queen dies, 2 Demon Princes die, a Beholder dies, a HAMSTER boss dies
    Nothing drops...NOTHING

The Heroes politely ignore Neverwinter

Personally @panderus i think you above all should have done something to prevent this ABOMINATION with the loot system. EVERY FRIGGIN TIME a Boss dies, people should get EXCITED by the drops and even if its not for them they HAVE to see it EVERY FRIGGIN TIME, thats why YOU DONT MAKE THE DROPS PERSONAL...

Who ARE those beyond these decisions? Can they come clean, admit and apologise? Do you have an extra terrestrial being creating all this mess? SAY SOMETHING CLEAR FOR ONCE
  • shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    to the people trying to justify this nonesense please just stop your not helping with this silver lining KITTEN, i can tell you from experince as the person who has probably run PoM more than any other the drop rates are a joke silver usually nets you nothing and gold usually a +1/2 so i try my luck with the chest and maybe out of every 10 runs i see a +3/4 once or twice if im lucky and the only reason i can continue to hope that i may get the +5 ring i want is the fact i can see what is there and decide not to take it yes i just wasted 12 minutes for nothing but at least i get another try at it.

the problem here is time vs reward before mod 10 i didnt mind so much about getting the +1/2 ring as its salvage was 4000 on a really good run i could make 12k from the slavage, now im lucky to have 2k and you want to reduce the only reason to play some of the content (no-one likes PoM or MC) to make this change work you would have to MASSIVLEY increase drop rates of the desired rewards which would KITTEN off a lot of players who had to work to earn what they have.

please listen to the players who have been with neverwinter for many years now (myself included) alot of whom are offering much more viable and lucrative options and not the KITTEN kissers who are brown nosing, dont make the same mistakes you done before which have cost you a portion of your player base each time (MOD 6, coalgate, gateway) as you devolope a bad reputation which will make it harder to to gain more customers

(on a side note please change the filter back to kitten i could care less about hamsters)
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

just.. shakes head.. whatever. None of this makes any sense whatsoever.. the game is more borning now then it has been in for along time. So no, none of these ground shaking decisions you seem to think is positive are really that.

Bottom line, is the game more fun now? No its not.

• jwriamsjwriams Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

jwriams said:

metalldjt said:

@nijuumensou

500 zen = 250.000 ad = 10x keys

Loss is 223.600 ad = 447.2 zen

I see it this way...

Pay 250,000 AD for 500 Zen
    500 Zen gets you 5 keys.

You can usually expect a Blue level ring and a peridot from a chest.
    Valuing the peridot at 500 AD, and with full AD bonus from salvage and with VIP 12, you can get 3,300 AD from the salvaged ring. This totals 3,800 AD from one chest.

Therefore, 5 keys will yield 19,000 AD.
    To get those keys, you paid 250,000 AD.

For a net loss of 231,000 AD.

I could run the above example with ALL purple rings and STILL show a HUGE loss.

They have broken dungeons.

the devs said that a pack of 5x keys is 250 zen , 500 zen is 10x keys.. i was correcting that guy... you were again driving it in the wrong way. cheers

also from a +1 or +2 ring you get 2500 rAD , they modified them with module 10 release.. i dont know from what day and age are you takin your numbers... but dont expect that correcting me will held you in some kind of way as being RIGHT, atleast it will not work with me. cheers again

I see my mistake. Posting on my first cup of coffee.

Either way....

Now the corrected LOSS would be 212,000 AD.

STILL a losing proposition.
    edited October 2016

to the people trying to justify this nonesense please just stop your not helping with this silver lining KITTEN, i can tell you from experince as the person who has probably run PoM more than any other the drop rates are a joke silver usually nets you nothing and gold usually a +1/2 so i try my luck with the chest and maybe out of every 10 runs i see a +3/4 once or twice if im lucky and the only reason i can continue to hope that i may get the +5 ring i want is the fact i can see what is there and decide not to take it yes i just wasted 12 minutes for nothing but at least i get another try at it.

the problem here is time vs reward before mod 10 i didnt mind so much about getting the +1/2 ring as its salvage was 4000 on a really good run i could make 12k from the slavage, now im lucky to have 2k and you want to reduce the only reason to play some of the content (no-one likes PoM or MC) to make this change work you would have to MASSIVLEY increase drop rates of the desired rewards which would KITTEN off a lot of players who had to work to earn what they have.

please listen to the players who have been with neverwinter for many years now (myself included) alot of whom are offering much more viable and lucrative options and not the KITTEN kissers who are brown nosing, dont make the same mistakes you done before which have cost you a portion of your player base each time (MOD 6, coalgate, gateway) as you devolope a bad reputation which will make it harder to to gain more customers

(on a side note please change the filter back to kitten i could care less about hamsters)

The above post summarized: There are people that don't agree with my ignorant perspective... they must be brown-nosers... I've leeched off a simplistic easy system to feel like i did something to be proud of (for years). I'm mad because I might have to earn what I get instead of rolling the dice and getting a lucky drop or exploiting whatever bugs I can find to make the game EVEN EASIER.

(My own personal perspective.. I'm SICK of coming to the forums to find some intelligent discussion on recent developments to instead be greeted with shallow thinking ragers.)

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    edited October 2016

weaver936 said:

just.. shakes head.. whatever. None of this makes any sense whatsoever.. the game is more borning now then it has been in for along time. So no, none of these ground shaking decisions you seem to think is positive are really that.

Bottom line, is the game more fun now? No its not.

I have fun doing something challenging better than other people.. especially as part of a group of people I've known for a long time. I DON'T have fun doing something a billion times that is easy and doesn't challenge me intellectually or emotionally.

I'm bored by constant whining from people who won't think 2 steps ahead and make good choices to deal with problems that may arise.

I have fun interacting with Problem Solvers... not Problem Staters.

Let's just say.. I RAAAARREEELLLYY ever have the opportunity to have fun in this game anymore.

The above post summarized: There are people that don't agree with my ignorant perspective... they must be brown-nosers... I've leeched of a simplistic easy system to feel like i did something to be proud of (for years). I'm mad because I might have to earn what I get instead of rolling the dice and getting a lucky drop or exploiting whatever bugs I can find to make the game EVEN EASIER.

(My own personal perspective.. I'm SICK of coming to the forums to find some intelligent discussion on recent developments to instead be greeted with shallow thinking ragers.)

i may not have been delicate about how i phrased it i did not mean to cause offense (for that im sorry) but i was pointing out that by rolling over and and trying to justify this move is another nail in this games coffin i by no means expect an easy ride or to have things handed to me but when you've run the content as much as i have to have little to no reward is a little maddening and the current model of chests is mostly fine but the drop rates need to be improved to give the player a sense that the time they invested is being reward proportionally as an example a friend i run FBI with every night has had 15 flawless saphire in a row before he got anything above that, now does that seem fair to you that you are forced to take a chance on getting something you spend a huge amount of time trying to run through personally i dont think so
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

lol with this rng first demogorgon you do will be a ring +1 and then you have no HAMSTER key, you get another ring of +1 as a drop and some regular HAMSTER and you are done for whole day cause the key got consumed at first try so what now will you continue burning pay to win keys with these rng, how much would it take anyway to get anything resonable this way, radiculous.

kreatyve said:

@xeltey, I haven't seen you before. This certainly hasn't been a nice introduction. Calling it a bug and us exploiters? Now you're universally hated.

Okay, coming to the point, if you guys thought this is gonna improve your chest key sales or something, you couldn't be more wrong. I was planning to buy 30 Legendary Dragon Keys during the sale if any. I've just striked it off my list.

Nobody is gonna pay 25k AD for a Peridot and 2k Salvage. Period.

@strumslinger, @asterdahl, @terramak, @panderus, @kreatyve get this point into their heads.

Woah... slow your roll just a little bit there. I'm not a dev. StrumSlinger isn't a dev either. Neither one of us have anything to do with this decision. And Xeltey is the EU Community Manager - filling in for Andy while he's on vacation. He didn't have anything to do with this decision either.
    @kreatyve , The change was a bad move as you can (i can't even read all the posts they are comming to fast) but i believe a good part or the rage comes from caliing this a "Bug" is that an official position from Devs ???
    edited October 2016
    double posted by mistake
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    But that the exact system you are defending, they have just increased grind, not decreased it , steadily in fact. Your supposed logical deduction seems un-reasonable approached to me. Can I still make millions upon millions of AD a year after this change? Yes I could.. but who cares. Like I said, the removal of keys are not , by themselves all that game breaking, its just a tipping point on what has been a disastrous amount of grind and gating.

All I really want in all honestly is a QOL review. But your condescending and proactive tone suggests , we all know what you want.
  • primedopeness#4162 primedopeness Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i really hope they dont go through with this , cause it would kill the game honestly
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

mahburg said:

weaver936 said:

Ha;f of my 70's were leveled with invoking and geared with Tradebars from ViP... it's not as time consuming as you think... Invoking is profitable... and Vip is probably the very best thing you can get for an account...

Win/Win.

Socialize with a guild or players that actually KNOW the game.. instead of some random pugs that you find in queues.. you'll go further that way.
    Really, I think you should check me out before suggesting that, I run a GH 14 guild we have an alliance and I have 5 Toons over 3600, highest 4K plus change I don't need any advice on how to progress in this game.
    My point still stands however!
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

The above post summarized: There are people that don't agree with my ignorant perspective... they must be brown-nosers... I've leeched off a simplistic easy system to feel like i did something to be proud of (for years). I'm mad because I might have to earn what I get instead of rolling the dice and getting a lucky drop or exploiting whatever bugs I can find to make the game EVEN EASIER.

I have no idea what you are talking about since your post doesn't make much sense. Even the current system where you can decline the chest is extremely unrewarding due to the poor rewards and low drop rates. How do you draw the conclusion that the new system makes you earn your rewards?

The only one leeching off the simplistic easy system is Cryptic since they are too lazy to do a proper design and offer a rewarding drop mechanism.

I would never buy and use keys after they change it, not unless they dramatically change the drop rates in the extra chest. The original DD system was far better than any of this. At that time I actually did feel rewarded when completing a dungeon. Now it feels like reaching into a bag filled with pennies hoping I might find the one nickel hidden in there.
  • consustesconsustes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    shadw2012 said:

• jwriamsjwriams Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

jwriams said:

metalldjt said:

jwriams said:

metalldjt said:

@nijuumensou

500 zen = 250.000 ad = 10x keys

Loss is 223.600 ad = 447.2 zen

I see it this way...

Pay 250,000 AD for 500 Zen
    500 Zen gets you 5 keys.

You can usually expect a Blue level ring and a peridot from a chest.
    Valuing the peridot at 500 AD, and with full AD bonus from salvage and with VIP 12, you can get 3,300 AD from the salvaged ring. This totals 3,800 AD from one chest.

Therefore, 5 keys will yield 19,000 AD.
    To get those keys, you paid 250,000 AD.

For a net loss of 231,000 AD.

I could run the above example with ALL purple rings and STILL show a HUGE loss.

They have broken dungeons.

the devs said that a pack of 5x keys is 250 zen , 500 zen is 10x keys.. i was correcting that guy... you were again driving it in the wrong way. cheers

also from a +1 or +2 ring you get 2500 rAD , they modified them with module 10 release.. i dont know from what day and age are you takin your numbers... but dont expect that correcting me will held you in some kind of way as being RIGHT, atleast it will not work with me. cheers again

I see my mistake. Posting on my first cup of coffee.

Either way....

Now the corrected LOSS would be 212,000 AD.

STILL a losing proposition.
    in case from those 10 keys you win 10 rings +1/+2 it will be a return of 25.000 AD a net loss of 225,000 AD
    incase you use the invoking system in that case you can get 37.500 ad and the net loss will be of 212.500

in case of winnin +3 or +4 rings aswell in mixt of +1 / +2 rings i belive the return can hit up to 60.000 AD and the net loss of 190.000 by using the Invoking system .

in every case of tryin to maximize the potential return you will loose .

Thats why the only way to fix what they are implementing is to make 1 key = 10 zen and also half the time it takes to make 1 key from the campaign, or even make a pack of 25x keys worth 250 zen.

this way players will buy zen keys/ or make campaign keys in a liniar way and use them nevertheless of the minimal loss or minimal gain.

Yes. I used blue rings as an example, but like I said in my original post... I could run the same model with ALL purple rings and STILL show it as a certain loss.

It is broken with this implementation. I do know this... I am GLAD they announced this before the 25th. I buy my VIP and 1,000 extra Zen on the 25th. I likely will not this month. After all, if they don't SEE the effect of their decision, it will not be noticed.
  • lividstion#0941 lividstion Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    If you change this I definitely won't be buy any more dragon keys. It just plain wouldn't make since. Why buy the keys when I know for a fact I mostly likely going to get blue gear. Sometimes the only reason I run dungeons is because I have keys to look into the chest. If I don't have keys to atleast look in the chest I won't run them as much.
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    Hello xeltey.

To call this a bug fix is just ridiculous. At least you could be honest about your reasons for the change.
    In my opinion you desperately want to milk players in a dying game and want them to buy keys with ZEN.

There are a lot of bugs in the game forever with no fixes. There are a lot of good suggestions how to improve the game both PVE and PVP nothing happens.

What you do is to make it more and more harder to make ingame AD. You make it more and more harder ot have fun in game.

Why are people doing dungeons? They want to drop something good and maybe sell it or give it to friends. This was made impossible by cryptic due to the recent changes. More and more items are bound. The fix of this 'bug' ist just another step in making the game more boring and soon it might be even unplayable. How is a newcomer able to catch up with older players?

Who knows, maybe you want people to leave the game?
    edited October 2016
    weaver936 said:

The above post summarized: There are people that don't agree with my ignorant perspective... they must be brown-nosers... I've leeched of a simplistic easy system to feel like i did something to be proud of (for years). I'm mad because I might have to earn what I get instead of rolling the dice and getting a lucky drop or exploiting whatever bugs I can find to make the game EVEN EASIER.

i may not have been delicate about how i phrased it i did not mean to cause offense (for that im sorry) but i was pointing out that by rolling over and and trying to justify this move is another nail in this games coffin i by no means expect an easy ride or to have things handed to me but when you've run the content as much as i have to have little to no reward is a little maddening and the current model of chests is mostly fine but the drop rates need to be improved to give the player a sense that the time they invested is being reward proportionally as an example a friend i run FBI with every night has had 15 flawless saphire in a row before he got anything above that, now does that seem fair to you that you are forced to take a chance on getting something you spend a huge amount of time trying to run through personally i dont think so

I'm pleasantly surprised by the mature and intelligent manner in which your responded to make smartassed comments. :D. Thank you for that.

One of the main complaints I have always had about this game is it's simplicity and lack of diversity. Essentially before Mod 7, all a Guild had worth doing together was make a guild bank (lol) and for that reason i left the game.

I came back when a guild could make a Stronghold... something long term actually worth achieving as a group. I also hate/hated the anti-social aspect of this gaming community.

There has been and will soon be a MYRIAD of other ways to make AD in game aside from running dungeons.. and in actuality.. i think this Dungeon Chest Key change is just a prelude to them changing how loot is given in the chests. It would be moronic for them to change the loot tables first and then check the peeking issues, because in the time that it took them to fix w/e problems there may be with the adjustments to the Chest/Key system.. and any exploits that may arise, the Botters, Gold Sellers and general exploiters would have made a fortune from the new looting system.

But, even if they DON'T change the loots drop rate in chests.. there is now.. (and in Mod 10.5) very soon will be several ways to make ad in game. And NOT just for the 4k IL people.. for everyone. This will in itself be a major plus for everyone that plays NW.

Sure, these new systems may require people to THINK, COOPERATE with others, and diversify they tactics to progressing in game.. but ultimately, i think that will make the core of the Community in game more social and willing to help new players. Which is the MAIN reason that people stay in a game when the content gets stale.

People and Relationship is the most precious aspect of gaming... especially in MMO's.

By making it harder to solo everything in game, they are actually making the game more valuable. Because they provide an excuse, context, and atmosphere for relationship.

This discussion has been closed.