test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

A little basic math. On PC, the exchange rate AD to Zen is currently backlogged at 500 AD per Zen. So they are basically selling the Legendary keys for 25000 AD each - given the 500 AD to Zen exchange rate at 250 for 5 keys (which - you have to buy 5, you can't just buy 1). Nobody wants to pay 25000 for a freaking peridot. The rewards are not worth it. I will not be buying any keys. Probably won't be running any dungeons. This is my 2 AD on the matter. I probably won't say much else about it, as I am doing my best to be polite, though I very much dislike being called an exploiter.

Considering, you and I , never see Eye to Eye on anything.. and I have no real love for most of the mods.. I will state this, stop pestering her.. your all being boorish .. I really dont care if you didnt use your keys or if you did. The abject failure of this announcement, isnt really on what HAPPENED, but what is ABOUT to happen. The new content, is RNG x 3 and you need keys to run it, so lo and behold, BAM, lets just make our keys no longer able to peek inside, so people can decline them. So at a 1% drop chance your pretty much screwed on getting the stuff you want without using hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands of keys) .

Obviously most of us will just skip this.. as its just too much, but again, NOW they are moving from the whale neighborhood in just things like RNG lockboxes, to ACTUAL run content.

This is what Im opposed to, before this point in the game, we could mostly just play and come away with moderate progression. After this point, you will have to rely on massive lucky RNG factors involved to do so.

I think its too much as do many others. Stop being such jerks.

If you want to call me a exploiterer because I declined getting blue +1 rings.. go ahead.. jeebus.

• jwriamsjwriams Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Posting this on my first cup of coffee, so bear with me. I rarely post on the forums because I usually spend any time I can devote to this game, well ... in the game.

I doubt anyone that actually has decision-making power in Cyptic actually reads this, so I may be just wasting my time. So be it.

Be very careful Cryptic. You are about to lose a lot of people that you NEED to keep.

My main character is 3.7K IL, and I have a total of 9 level 70s. I have VIP level 12, and while I may not be a HUGE Zen purchaser, I do buy 2,000 Zen EVERY MONTH. That is a sustained, steady revenue.

You took away AD from praying in order to get me in more into the dungeons for salvage in order to make AD. I wasn't happy, but I did it.

Now, I have been in the dungeons a LOT. And I KNOW what the drop rate on decent stuff is. I have not had a SINGLE PIECE that I would actually equip right away drop IN MONTHS.

So I am to waste keys that I take 20 hours to make EVERY TIME I try to open the bonus chest? Give me a break.

When AD to zen conversion is at 500:1, I am not about to be getting keys from the Zen market. I ALREADY spend as much as I am willing to spend on a GAME. I think MOST reasonable GAME companies would be happy with a player willing to spend 20$ US on their game EVERY month.

Yet, I do not see how that will be enough to remain competitive with the dismal rate of having anything even remotely decent from a chest.

You have effectively made this game Pay-To-Win. While I do OK, I have numerous financial commitments and I DO have other hobbies. You are asking too much from me. My other hobbies are starting to look more appealing to devote my resources.

Lately, my motivation to continue the game is at a rather low level. I have not even had the time to unlock Fangbreaker Island due to working on other priorities first. As it is, I KNOW when I log on every day what 10 or so things I will do EVERY DAY. Sometimes I feel like I am stuck in the movie Groundhog Day. The CHANCE at using my key for something decent is the ONLY thing that breaks the tedious nature of the game.

And now you want to remove THAT?

How soon will it be before you decide that moving AD from one character to another is a "bug" that you need to address?

I have lost ALL confidence in you.

Unlike many here, I won't bat an eye at walking away from an account that I have devoted hundreds of hours to. In the end, all it really represents is a monument to how many hours I have devoted to a hobby that will never produce a real result.

Be very careful. I promise you that more of your playerbase than you think feels exactly as I do.

Maxim
    Vincit Veritas guild
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    What is CRYSTAL CLEAR behind this decision is that all these years the loot tables had a tremendously low chance for the good loots, far worse than the average 5%-10% of boss drops before you sent all epic drops to hell. Developers made this trick with chest loot selection to create a false sense of increased loot chance but in fact while we got to keep the key whenever the loot wasnt worth it, the good loot chance dropped around 0.1% - 0.3% at every dungeon. I m talkin about artifacts from elol, vt and mc of course and the CN/edemo loot tragedy as well. Of course the legendary rings have an even worst chance, the lockbox Legendary loot chance which is around 0.03-0.05%

What this mean can be explained by visiting this link https://engadget.com/2010/01/13/drop-chance-probability/, at the end of the article there is a Drop Chance Probability Calculator. Put 0.1 below the Drop Chance and 100 below the Number of Runs and you can see that by doing 100 runs at elol, vt or mc you have a 10% chance to get an artifact :P By putting 0.03 and 100 runs you can see that by doing cn or edemo or pom or todg 100 times you have a 3% chance to get a legendary ring. By my experience since early beta and my guildmates/friends experience, more or less i realized that the 0.1% - 0.5% chance is for artifacts and 0.03-0.05 is for Legendary Rings. This is utterly offensive to everyone, demeaning our personality in every way possible.

As for the FBI loot travesty, i used 15 Legendary keys and 2 campaign keys before i got my first Relic Gear piece which wasnt the one i wanted also :disappointed: So my first useless piece of Relic Armor from FBI cost me 450k ad . Another guildmate used 35!! Legendary Keys since FBI got introduced and got ONLY refinement stones and epic salvages, NO RELIC GEAR after spending 1.050 MILLION AD.

With this change I can only expect that the loot chance is RAISED well above the pathetic and humiliating percentages we see now.

But i also gonna make the same wish again, "I wish i win a HAMSTER huge amount of money and buy off this game's rights from Cryptic's terrible and ignorant hands, period."
  • cursedpagancursedpagan Member Posts: 2 Arc User

cursedpagan

If you wanna shoot yourself don't try at your leg put at your head,this new *bugfix* thing must be a joke. Considering not paying anything anymore,be realistic cryptic,if u want more $$$ you have to give us something not taking everything from players hands but ii this change happen not a single coin from me and many of your players. So wanna suicide mission pls not start at your leg then and let us know you wanna sabotage game and you don't want us nomore ....
  • dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Wow... So basically the game is removing the Dungeon part of Dungeon & Dragons? Or at least the whole purpose of running the Dungeons... Amazing...

Just switch to a pay-per-month model already or something, or give VIP the option to peek inside the chests which boils down to the same.

Exploit/bug my behind... It's so clearly a feature change to force increased income. I don't mind paying for the game, and I do since I always have VIP.

If the game needs more income then change the VIP system; make it so that VIP can't be bought with ZEN.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    So... when this game first came out on PC I was invited to be a Beta tester... I played for about an hour and quit because I hate playing games on the computer. When I saw this game was coming to PS4 I was elated, bought the Onyx Starter Pack and brought a good number of my friends over.

You see we had just left "The Division"- a game that clearly was working on self destruction and had an amazing unwillingness to listen to it's paying fan base.

I bought VIP here (rank 8 I think), I bought the Dragonborn pack, the Lords of the North Pack, a Purple Mount, a few Coal wards... I was planning on going for the Feywild pack if it ever came to PS4. I bought most of that with real $$ because I like to support things I believe in.

I was disappointed when I learned that my VIP dungeon keys wouldn't open all of the chests... they don't even open the easy dungeon chests when I run through Karrundax for AD+Dragon kills. Okay, so I have to make more keys... wait, I have to make a different key for each dungeon? And they take 19 hours to make? There is no sitting around with your friends and saying, hey lets run Demo, everyone make sure you have a key... then everyone clicks a button and in you go.

I'll be honest - I had one key on my TR for mDemo, I ran an mDemo and was asked if I wanted to go again. Sure I would have liked to but what would have been the point? Buy keys? I'm rank 8 VIP, I've already paid for keys, not that they do me much good.

Then I get called an exploiter. ME, a person that tries to defend this game and it's community mods, and the devs. I'M considered an Exploiter because I have one key and frankly I have enough garbage in my inventory, I don't need more garbage.

Please tell me what VIP means to you? I get a purple key every day that gives me a professions pack that I wouldn't pick up if it were laying on the ground. I get Epic Dungeon Keys that only open half of the chests in half of the dungeons.

My solution if you plan on going through with this (not that anyone is actually reading this).

The VIP Dungeon keys need to be replaced with the universal keys.
    Drop the time to make a key down to 10-20 seconds
    Ensure that you can grind out the materials to make a minimum of 2 specific dungeon keys per day (of the same dungeon)
    Making said keys better not take up AD at ALL
    Give us a Keyring
    Increase the drop rate of good items in the chests. ALL chests.

Oh - and I would really like an apology for being called an Exploiter.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

VIP clearly needs a revisit as part of the massive QOL project THEY SHOULD be working on. Its value is being diminished all the time it appears.

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    Looking at what is being said in this thread by pretty much everyone, I knew the "shoot oneself in the foot" saying, but Cryptic and PWE pushed it to the next level: they put a machine gun in their mouth, asked a monkey to press hard on the trigger, and stuck a grenade where the sun never shines just for safety.
  • smbvmssmbvms Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    hastur905 said:

You can't be seriously referring to this as a bug?!? I mean i remember a bug fix months ago where if you had a key in for the chest in ELOL you couldn't leave the dungeon if you didn't use the key. You posted a fix so now you can leave the dungeon without using it. I even remember a post that trumpeted the idea that you could preview the contents of the chest before using a key.

How is this a bug fix?

The drops are so miserable as is, so I can only assume you plan to make the rare drops in those chests 25%, or you plan on giving VIP one of each of those keys everyday for having dumped actual money into the game, because it sure ain't from the game with the ZAX where it is.

I honestly thought that when you said you wanted to ALLOCATE resources to the proper area's you meant you were looking to make content, like dungeons. But it seems that because we won't play the new Voninblood grind to your satisfaction the decision has been made to make us not like dungeons anymore. Effective allocation of funds, and perhaps the first truly big gong on the death knell for this game. Although I really can't say its's the first, but this one is really deafening.

Well said. Who is making these game altering decisions? They seem to have no clue about the game, its players, or the impact of their decisions. Whit each of these "fixes" I watch more and more friends leave the game, many to never return again. Your change effectivly says the game is free to play but if you want your character to progress at all fork out the wallet because you can't get any of the items you need without buying X. For the you can grind out the AD and buy zen that way crowd- check out the ZAX over 6mill wanting zen and none available for sale (the worst I have ever seen). The horse is nearly dead no reason to keep shooting it. Listen to your player base.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is a feature in the Neverwinter game whereby players can open a bonus chest at the end of certain dungeons through use of special items named:

• Legendary Dragon Key
    • Daily Dungeon Chest Key
    • Epic Dungeon Chest Key
    • Standard Dungeon Chest Key
    • Mystic Dragon Key
    • Arcane Dragon Key
    • Dragon Queen’s Key
    • Lesser Demonic Key
    • Greater Demonic Key
    • Malabog’s Castle Key
    • Valindra’s Tower Key
    • Kessell’s Retreat Key
    • Ancient Runic Key
    • Dark Fey Key
    • Thayan Chest Key
    • Thayan Lair Key
    Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.

In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.

Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.

As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

edited October 2016
    metalldjt said:

@nijuumensou

500 zen = 250.000 ad = 10x keys

Loss is 223.600 ad = 447.2 zen

I see it this way...

Pay 250,000 AD for 500 Zen
    500 Zen gets you 5 keys.

You can usually expect a Blue level ring and a peridot from a chest.
    Valuing the peridot at 500 AD, and with full AD bonus from salvage and with VIP 12, you can get 3,300 AD from the salvaged ring. This totals 3,800 AD from one chest.

Therefore, 5 keys will yield 19,000 AD.
    To get those keys, you paid 250,000 AD.

For a net loss of 231,000 AD.

I could run the above example with ALL purple rings and STILL show a HUGE loss.

They have broken dungeons.

• nukeocelot#8786 nukeocelot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This change doesn't bother me nearly as much as how stupid you think your player base is... passing the chest off as an exploit... call it what it is an opportunistic chance to shore up a hole where there is potential profit..your a money grubbing cess pit.. if the content was as horrendously grind and sparse maybe the change wouldn't have had as much of an impact...buy as it is.. it IS terribly grind and sparse...rethink your key strat arc. This may be a less profitable change than you thought.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    smbvms said:

hastur905 said:

You can't be seriously referring to this as a bug?!? I mean i remember a bug fix months ago where if you had a key in for the chest in ELOL you couldn't leave the dungeon if you didn't use the key. You posted a fix so now you can leave the dungeon without using it. I even remember a post that trumpeted the idea that you could preview the contents of the chest before using a key.

How is this a bug fix?

The drops are so miserable as is, so I can only assume you plan to make the rare drops in those chests 25%, or you plan on giving VIP one of each of those keys everyday for having dumped actual money into the game, because it sure ain't from the game with the ZAX where it is.

I honestly thought that when you said you wanted to ALLOCATE resources to the proper area's you meant you were looking to make content, like dungeons. But it seems that because we won't play the new Voninblood grind to your satisfaction the decision has been made to make us not like dungeons anymore. Effective allocation of funds, and perhaps the first truly big gong on the death knell for this game. Although I really can't say its's the first, but this one is really deafening.

Well said. Who is making these game altering decisions? They seem to have no clue about the game, its players, or the impact of their decisions. Whit each of these "fixes" I watch more and more friends leave the game, many to never return again. Your change effectivly says the game is free to play but if you want your character to progress at all fork out the wallet because you can't get any of the items you need without buying X. For the you can grind out the AD and buy zen that way crowd- check out the ZAX over 6mill wanting zen and none available for sale (the worst I have ever seen). The horse is nearly dead no reason to keep shooting it. Listen to your player base.
    That right there is what is causing these issues, if no one has zen to sell its likely because they stopped throwing cash at the game, they are therefore going to find any way to bring cash in.
    Those that suggested moving to a pure subs basis are heading in the right direction imho.

Sadly there are ways to bring in cash that they aren't utilising, or seem incapable of seeing that would keep the player base happy and drive revenues.

Its looking increasingly to me like we are seeing a death spiral here.
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Could we please find another bus driver for this game, Mongo keeps putting us in the ditch.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    xeltey said:

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team

Inequity my hamster...

I would love to see how many players didn't see the "decline" option you put in, when opening the chests...

"We are pleased..."

I bet you are...

• vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User

VIP clearly needs a revisit as part of the massive QOL project THEY SHOULD be working on. Its value is being diminished all the time it appears.

Yep, I agree. With the push to really drive f2p players to pay per item. I really hope they add some features to VIP, or even add ranks. I'd rather have the game be more like a subscription service than a f2p personally. Give VIP a legendary dragon key daily, even at a high rank (10 or above).

Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Exactly. The root cause is NOT the peeking.

It's the fact that we HAD to peek because the loot SUCKED.

That's the bottom line. If 95% of the time people actually USED the key to TAKE the loot, this would be a non-issue.

Do the developer not see this? I'm literally exasperated to the point where it's getting tough to type.

The loot is so bad in the game that people are clearing content, opening up the reward chest and saying, "No thanks".

Can we let that sink in for a minute.

Sinking...

Sinking...

Sinking...

Do you get it now? Loot. An aspect that is so fundamental to Dungeons and Dragons. The entire point of there being Dungeons to delve and Dragons to kill is to take their loot.

And you guys have literally created some bizarro-world D&D where thousands and thousands and thousands of adventures are literally exercising their option to not take the loot because it's so bad.

The dragon dies.

The loot chest opens.

And the heroes politely decline.

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User

I'm going to remain positive, and continue to play Neverwinter, because it's a fun game. That is why I play :) I play lots of other games, of all sorts, I have for years,(since PONG, cuz IM OLD N STUFF :D) To me, part of the fun of running dungeons, is the mystery of "what's in that sparkly box" and taking the time to explore and appreciate the environments, they look pretty amazing. Did we all forget, that is what this game is supposed to be?! an adventure for yourself, and others to share, would we in a real life scenario be able to look in a box before we decide if we want to use a key.....LOL.......nope, you would pop that KITTEN and see what sort of goodies are inside. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, just as it should be. I think lots of us may have missed the part at the end of the official post where it clearly states

"The Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now"

......I took note that above all else, and I will continue to play , and enjoy this game, because its fun, its beautiful to look at, and the developers seem to not only try to please everyone, and correct broken stuff, as well as they can,but have a vision of what they hope to create to entertain and amuse us all. To that I Say HECK YEAH!! I'm ready, bring me the sparkly things.

PEACE <3

~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
    If you are selling keys for a net loss (of up to like 80%-90% !) on almost every win, I fail to see how anyone would purchase them.

Crazy Sauce extra edition.
    I love this part:

"We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not..."

Let me get this straight....

You ADMIT that a SMALL number of people DIDN'T know about declining.
    Did it EVER occur to you to TELL THEM?

Make an announcement. Boom.... now, everyone knows.

Instead, you DESTROY the economics of the game to address a SMALL number of uninformed people and you call their ignorance an inequality????

Sounds like have a place in government if you need a second career.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

I'm going to remain positive, and continue to play Neverwinter, because it's a fun game. That is why I play :) I play lots of other games, of all sorts, I have for years,(since PONG, cuz IM OLD N STUFF :D) To me, part of the fun of running dungeons, is the mystery of "what's in that sparkly box" and taking the time to explore and appreciate the environments, they look pretty amazing. Did we all forget, that is what this game is supposed to be?! an adventure for yourself, and others to share, would we in a real life scenario be able to look in a box before we decide if we want to use a key.....LOL.......nope, you would pop that KITTEN and see what sort of goodies are inside. Sometimes good, sometimes not so good, just as it should be. I think lots of us may have missed the part at the end of the official post where it clearly states

"The Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now"

......I took note that above all else, and I will continue to play , and enjoy this game, because its fun, its beautiful to look at, and the developers seem to not only try to please everyone, and correct broken stuff, as well as they can,but have a vision of what they hope to create to entertain and amuse us all. To that I Say HECK YEAH!! I'm ready, bring me the sparkly things.

PEACE

I'm also ready for sparkly things. Give me all the loot in the game pls thanks. I admire your willingness to stay positive. It's really hard when I see all of my friends upset and I can't help but be upset too.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So, one suggestion... run alts.. -.-. They don't have to be BiS... get the keys from doing weeklies on your alts.. (and get the rad too)....

You guys really need to stop thinking about everything on the surface level. There really is NO reason to have to ever buy the Zen keys except early in a new dungeon's (campaign's) life.

I have 6 toons.. all can do FBI... all have keys stacking up... I don't have that much time to run them all through FBi everyday.. lol. I also have 3 other toons that are able to do edemo/CN...

The changes they are making with the keys will actually make edemo useful again.. aside from the rings... you can make the Greater Demonic Keys with the currency you get from edemo.

Also, with the chest jey change.. guess what... there's a reason to blow through MC, VT, KR, eLoL again.

Sure it's not a 6 million AD reward like the Shard of Orcus's Wand... but who actually ever loots that thing anyways.. lol.

Beyond that... Beyond the obvious.. pretty much every decision that the Dev's have made since Mod 7 (strongholds) has been good for the game, the game economy, normal players, and guilds )those that aren't just basically a pug with SH Boons). Initially, the community.. and even I have raged against the changes.. but as time goes on.. guess what.. I figured out the good in the changes.. took actions to capitialize on them.. and I sitting pretty,,, more or less.

The amount of positive changes that are coming to the game in Mod 10.5 wouldn't be at all possible if the changes in Mod 10 weren't made.

In Mod 10.5 the average player will be able to make serious ad. (ONLY BECAUSE the end gamers don't want to grind out the mats for Relic)/Vivi) This is good for guilds overall.. because 1. the players will continue to feel like they are progressing in game.. 2.. they will attain decent IL faster... and 3. they will be able to contribute to SH Coffers more readily and thereby the guild (and everyone of it members) will have access to Guild Boons that leads to faster content completion.

Just think... if they left the game as it has been... get your gear... get your boons.. farm the best loot dungeon a billion times.. omg.. that would be moronic.... at least in Mod 10.5 there are a myriad of ways to progress.

They only thing that's really being nerfed is the Dungeon/Gear Up autopiloting that has made this game so damn anti-social and simplistic.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    weaver936 said:

So, one suggestion... run alts.. -.-. They don't have to be BiS... get the keys from doing weeklies on your alts.. (and get the rad too)....

You guys really need to stop thinking about everything on the surface level. There really is NO reason to have to ever buy the Zen keys except early in a new dungeon's (campaign's) life.

I have 6 toons.. all can do FBI... all have keys stacking up... I don't have that much time to run them all through FBi everyday.. lol. I also have 3 other toons that are able to do edemo/CN...

The changes they are making with the keys will actually make edemo useful again.. aside from the rings... you can make the Greater Demonic Keys with the currency you get from edemo.

Also, with the chest jey change.. guess what... there's a reason to blow through MC, VT, KR, eLoL again.

Sure it's not a 6 million AD reward like the Shard of Orcus's Wand... but who actually ever loots that thing anyways.. lol.

Beyond that... Beyond the obvious.. pretty much every decision that the Dev's have made since Mod 7 (strongholds) has been good for the game, the game economy, normal players, and guilds )those that aren't just basically a pug with SH Boons). Initially, the community.. and even I have raged against the changes.. but as time goes on.. guess what.. I figured out the good in the changes.. took actions to capitialize on them.. and I sitting pretty,,, more or less.

The amount of positive changes that are coming to the game in Mod 10.5 wouldn't be at all possible if the changes in Mod 10 weren't made.

In Mod 10.5 the average player will be able to make serious ad. (ONLY BECAUSE the end gamers don't want to grind out the mats for Relic)/Vivi) This is good for guilds overall.. because 1. the players will continue to feel like they are progressing in game.. 2.. they will attain decent IL faster... and 3. they will be able to contribute to SH Coffers more readily and thereby the guild (and everyone of it members) will have access to Guild Boons that leads to faster content completion.

Just think... if they left the game as it has been... get your gear... get your boons.. farm the best loot dungeon a billion times.. omg.. that would be moronic.... at least in Mod 10.5 there are a myriad of ways to progress.

They only thing that's really being nerfed is the Dungeon/Gear Up autopiloting that has made this game so damn anti-social and simplistic.

Except that it takes 20 hours to make ONE Greater Demon Key, Lesser Demon key, etc.
    And there are more than one reason to use them. For instance, Greater Demon key opens CN chest AND Demo chest. So which one do you run that day? And do you log out after one run?

I have plenty of keys stacked up, but NEVER a lot of Greater and Lesser Demon Keys.
  • bandar#0647 bandar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I like how when developers refer to most of their players as "some" who are relying on this "exploit" lol. I actually never ran with someone who doesn't peek to see if there is anything other than 3k AD salvage, oh wait its 2k now! Guess its time to stick to boss drops.
  • morrowind69morrowind69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    the good news now you will not run the skirmishes with low lvl items players or stupid player just want the ad only, you need the free rings from the gold win.
    the bad news is the chest now is gambling (good loot - its a win /bad loot - a finger with try again later ).
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

Does this change mean we will get a chance at a 140 mount from all dungeon chests?

LMAO... smh. Really. How about a more steady supply of 50-100k ad items instead of 1 super rare multi million ad one. I'd rather not have dungeons chests be Lockboxes...

I did recommend they put MultiChoice packs as a super rare possibility in FBI.. but if it was accross ALL dungeons you'ld almost never see it drop.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
This discussion has been closed.