test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• krasnoyarsk1krasnoyarsk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well, as mine previous experience with this game, those stupid devs won't backtrack from their decision, when they announce something they'll do it doesnt matter how much we complain (remember voninblod aka black ice 2.0?). The theory that i saw here about they are ruining the game to get rid of some contract is becoming more real day after day... But why not be sincere? Why call us of stupids saying that this is a bug? Seems that is time to look for another game to play.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    A happy customer makes for a repeated customer. If you serve a customer food that tastes god awful, they aren't coming back, and chances are they will spread their dissatisfaction to other people, losing you even more customers and money.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Some of us stay just so we can be here at the end to say I told you so as the game goes down in flames.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@xeltey, I haven't seen you before. This certainly hasn't been a nice introduction. Calling it a bug and us exploiters? Now you're universally hated.

Okay, coming to the point, if you guys thought this is gonna improve your chest key sales or something, you couldn't be more wrong. I was planning to buy 30 Legendary Dragon Keys during the sale if any. I've just striked it off my list.

Nobody is gonna pay 25k AD for a Peridot and 2k Salvage. Period.

@strumslinger, @asterdahl, @terramak, @panderus, @kreatyve get this point into their heads.

Woah... slow your roll just a little bit there. I'm not a dev. StrumSlinger isn't a dev either. Neither one of us have anything to do with this decision. And Xeltey is the EU Community Manager - filling in for Andy while he's on vacation. He didn't have anything to do with this decision either.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I think what's happening in here is part of the biblical end times prophecy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • y0byy0by Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    This is a new low! Trying to pass a feature as a bug just because you MIGHT gain a little bit of profit out of it. Don't you people have no shame whatsoever? Or is there a cocaine addict monkey making these decisions?
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    pterias said:

By all rules of logic and common sense, using keys to look in chests without using them up should have never been how it worked. It's comical nonsense that you can use a key to look in a box and then decide later that you never actually used the key. Even Schrodinger's Cat would say what the hamster.

So let me get this straitght - you think that keys magically disappearing after you use them to unlock something makes sense? I guess people should fear ever leaving their house again...
    The whole thing is a construct - it's pretend. Maybe you can open the chest but the key only disappears if you take the stuff out?
  • y0byy0by Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    "People who do not know about the bug" ? You have to be an imbecile to not see the decline button. And decline it and decline it and not use the key just like normal dungeon chests. Do you even see the players reactions here? or you just don't give a HAMSTER?
  • xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    This is, for me, too much. The lack of respect is astonishing. I disapprove the change, but would have dealt with it. But the dishonesty is simply so blatant, so wrong. I don't want to have anything to do with PWE, or Cryptic, anymore, at any point. As a guild leader, leaving the game is heartbreaking, after all the time and effort spent building this guild from nothing.

If the owner of the closest grocery store HAMSTER'ed you like that, would you not go shop somewhere else ? I would.
  • toflux78#6783 toflux78 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kemi1984 said:

lol, that was a good one :smiley:

I literally logged in to post this. Each time it's getting bad, you guys are making it worse I grow to (almost) admire your stupidity and really idiotic actions in YOUR game. This is in fact a fun way to spend some time on the forums, grab a popcorn and enjoy a shitstorm that you unleash on your own HAMSTER hahha!

Many of us are adult, working professionals and time and time again, we're shocked how can you do so much harm to your game and go away with it.

How in the world, can anyone buy anything from you with ZEN? these guys really have to be newbies who have NO idea how much HAMSTER up this game is at the moment.

Enjoy your ride, hope your end year sale bonus will go to HAMSTER, because that's exactly what you deserve.

Agree with you.
    A normal company remove who takes this kind of decision from their role in a couple of days.
    The worst aspect of this is that we have 5 dungeon, maybe 6 that do not give us a HAMSTER for months.
    Now we have to manage a single or a couple of run per day and pay a key for HAMSTER.
    There should be an idiocy limit.
  • aipotu66aipotu66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Of all the crappy ideas Cryptic has served the player base this one has to be the mother of them all....and to have the NERVE to call it a BUG??? A bug that comes with a button to choose? This is insulting the general IQ of the players...how stupid do they think people are?
  • karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    I think this situation represents a loss of control. The devs and Cryptic may no longer have power to place any of their development plans ahead of financial profit. Perfect World has a new CEO who is an ex-Goldman Sachs investment banker and was previously part of the private equity company that financed the acquisition of Perfect World by the branch of the Perfect World brand that is focused on movies and non-gaming entertainment (Perfect World Pictures). This new CEO also has a seat on the Board of Perfect World Pictures. As someone with a background in investment banking, and perhaps some interest in the private equity firm that structured the acquisition of Perfect World, immediate profit is perhaps the new top priority. Especially since the movie and entertainment company stock is not performing well and has made some huge investments (1.35 billion yuan) outside of gaming. Here are some links to the information:
    http://www.scmp.com/business/companies/article/2026753/perfect-world-plunges-first-day-back-trading-acquiring-cinema
    http://www.chinamoneynetwork.com/2016/09/26/primavera-capitals-lian-jie-joins-perfect-world-as-president
  • aidek0aidek0 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Remove all these special keys and let all the boxes be opened with the daily dungeon keys. That way, I've got no problems with it. We get more inventory space, you get more people buying VIP and for those who dont, it will be an AD sink.
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    baeyorn said:

Ok... to be strait on it, the change has little effect/meaning for me.

I almost never buy the extra keys. Only on birthdays/x-mas/etc when I get some game cards or some coin as a gift will I throw money at Legendary Dragon keys.

Most of the gear for main and alts have come from the regular dungeon boxes, and what keys I can make trhough the campaigns.

again that is just me.

Little or no effect on the way I play.

:)

That may be true - but doesn't it bother you what justification they are giving for the change?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The sad thing is that I asked in this forum to the devs if this was intentional or a bug (I saw it as an advantage) and my post were silenced to the lower depths.

And now the chances to get an orange ring are halved, from 0,02 to 0,01 nice

Im really surprised with this change. Devs must think we are idiots.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • mmnylund1mmnylund1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    No point in writing anything here, does someone actually think they care about your opinion if or ifnot it is possible to peek into the chest without using a key?

The only thing we as a community can do is if EVERYONE chooses not to buy those keys and they will realize that it was a mistake and they will hopefully loose money, the more radical choice is of course to stop playing the game.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    I don't really see WHY they do it either. The current system is working fine, and loot is tuned accordingly.
    There does not seem to be too much loot entering game from those chests.

The only explanation I can offer is to increase Zen sales.
    But since Zen keys will have much less game value, this could just as well decrease the sale of Zen keys.

So it does not make very much sense to me.
    It is stupid to make the player society go up in flames without a very good and obvious reason.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    kreatyve said:

@xeltey, I haven't seen you before. This certainly hasn't been a nice introduction. Calling it a bug and us exploiters? Now you're universally hated.

Okay, coming to the point, if you guys thought this is gonna improve your chest key sales or something, you couldn't be more wrong. I was planning to buy 30 Legendary Dragon Keys during the sale if any. I've just striked it off my list.

@strumslinger, @asterdahl, @terramak, @panderus, @kreatyve get this point into their heads.

Woah... slow your roll just a little bit there. I'm not a dev. StrumSlinger isn't a dev either. Neither one of us have anything to do with this decision. And Xeltey is the EU Community Manager - filling in for Andy while he's on vacation. He didn't have anything to do with this decision either.
    I know that :p "... get this point into their heads."

@xeltey certainly had control over what he was typing, so couldn't help it.
    FrozenFire
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    pterias said:

By all rules of logic and common sense, using keys to look in chests without using them up should have never been how it worked. It's comical nonsense that you can use a key to look in a box and then decide later that you never actually used the key. Even Schrodinger's Cat would say what the hamster.

That said, after letting this be around for so long, to remove it is tearing something very valuable away from the players. Calling it a bug is just pouring salt on the wound to the degree it borders on intellectual hostility. If you're dead set on making this change and want to salvage what little respect you can, acknowledge that it wasn't a bug getting fixed, it's a feature that is being removed, and the original post misstated that.

This.

It's not a bug. It was there ever since and it was used by all players that heard it's possible.
    Is it logical to take a peak at the chest and don't approve the loot? depends really, but it's not a BUG.

That's an obvious lie and really, really desperate way to increase ZEN sales.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    talon1970 said:

So please bring back the bug...eerrrrm i mean feature, while entering a dungeon, pressing "J", looking if it is worth running elol, cn whatever.
    So if noone in the party has the chance of good loot, we can leave....reenter...leave...reenter until someone is yelling "Lets do the run this time, orcus shard, lost horn (something else witch is worth doing that) is showing up..gogogogo!!!"

Sometimes i am still thinking: "You was an extremly idiot, when Mod1 (Sharandar) went live and i was refusing for myself, opening the old Nightmare Lockboxes get an Mystic Nightmare for free (i had 4 or 5 keys) and nothing happened to the people, bc Cryptic announced later, that was their own fault."
    (veteran players will know what i mean)

No, they did not say it was their fault. I remember this moment, I had some keys myself, but refused to use them for the same reason you have in mind.
    It was not their fault, they said "these players were just "lucky"" I do remember it all to well.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • rescorlianrescorlian Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Many changes made, and most have a common theme.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Long have I stood and defended the admin/mods/devs of this game. Only recently (relatively) in the forums, as some may recall. I have enjoyed the gameplay, the artwork, the adapatation of some of my favorite characters and stories from a world I very much enjoy. I've gone so far as to spend quite a bit to support and enhance my gaming experience. Didn't make demands as the choice to spend was mine alone. So I shall not now.

What I will say, is trigger events, come in many forms. They always have in common a long build up of events/actions leading to death by a thousand cuts. And then boom, the trigger goes off and that's enough.

Either we are expected to believe that this was a bug long unfixed, or the developers do. Either way, someone's intelligence is being insulted. Time to abandon Cryptic/perfect world games, and never return. Lessons, learned.
    Bonk - Damage dealing machine and midnight lover of all things tasty

The first inner look at majesty - https://youtu.be/8Yavk790hMA
    The second build and some fun - https://youtu.be/b5U0H-Mdkxg
    A little update - https://youtu.be/0F-qUKOv4UU
    The thread where this can be found - http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210188/bonk-a-tale-of-damage
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2016

The sad thing is that I asked in this forum to the devs if this was intentional or a bug (I saw it as an advantage) and my post were silenced to the lower depths.

And now the chances to get an orange ring are halved, from 0,02 to 0,01 nice

Im really surprised with this change. Devs must think we are idiots.

well, the way I see it is they are trying to sell this to us as a bug, so I'm thinking they do.

Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    Now the stick has been shown, I hope you listen to the screams and either take the stick away or give us a good supply of carrots!
    kreatyve said:

Let me give you an analogy from a retail chain. I go shopping and I find the price of milk has doubled.
    Me: I love your shop, but doubling the price of milk is ridiculous, I won't be shopping here again!
    Shelf Filler (wrong answer): Dunno mate, I just fill the shelves.
    Shelf Filler (ok answer): It does sound a lot, I will get the manager for you.
    Shelf Filler (ok answer): We have had a lot of complaints about this and we have told management, I will tell them again.
    Manager (wrong answer): I am not the decision maker, write to head office if you are not happy!
    Manager (poor answer): Not up to me, I will let head office know.
    Manager (ok answer): We have had a lot of complaints about this and it does seem an excessive increase. I have told head office who set the price about this, I will make sure they know how many people are unhappy.

Andy or anyone who covers for him are the face of Cryptic to their Neverwinter customers, so it is their job to represent the company, take responsibility for what is written regardless of their personal opinion and take the flak; although part of their job should be to provide their own feedback to the decision makers. That said "hate" is a tad excessive for a game but that's emotions for you.

It has all been said before but communication is the key (key lol), discuss changes more with your player base and never try to con your player base. There are some good compromise ideas in this post, I hope the decision makers read it. As an aside, keys are bound (most char bound and none tradeable) and there are so many different ones, please move them out of our bags.

p.s. I notice that this is the second time Andy has been away when there is bad news, hmmm.

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    The only aspect of it being a BUG might be that if you pressed escape you didn't lose key. But, if you click Decline.. you did. Not sure if that's how it works now.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • shadowskysunshadowskysun Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    first, as allready mentioned several times, only keep normal and epic dungeon keys around, get rid of all the others. just convert them into normal/epic dungeon keys.
    then improve the loot we can get from those dungeon chests. how about adding the loyal companion gear to the loot table?
    and when that is done, you can come around with this change.
  • bronto111bronto111 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    since we pay for the key we have the right to decide if the contents of the chest are worth using a key to obtain,frankly im still waiting for a legendary ring to appear magically in one.
    if im going to loose a key for the regular junk that always drops for me i wont bother running any dungeons again.
    The one area that should NEVER have had an accept /decline option is the mastercraft nodes,ever since release of mastercrafting some people have been only accepting the node contents when it contained good resources and since the nodes DO NOT change untill someone empties it it makes it unfair to most players.
    So why remove the accept/decline FEATURE of dungeon chests and not from nodes?
    And i say FEATURE becuase i have been playing for 3 years almost from beta and it has always been a feature of dungeon chests ,one that i often pointed out to new players and guild members so they avoid wasting keys.
    Do Not insult us adults by calling it a bug when it has been in the game for 3 years and NOONE has ever complained about it OR called it an exploit !

If you want people to buy more keys then this is the wrong way to do it ...make the good rewards drop more often so theres a resonable chance of getting them,and make them BOA so we can get items to equip on alts.
    As for the FBI debacle putting a chest inside the main chest so you waste 2 keys to get junk instead of a decent reward killed it ,i run FBI once theres no point in more cause i refuse to waste keys to get junk
    instead of the relic gear.not that i really want relic gear i dont want to top it up all the time like i did with black ice gear ,ill never do that again!

Stop treating us like infants : i am a qualified engineer for an aerospace company and was gaming when you were still in nappies!
    Move along..
    Nothing to see here, no one's going to stop playing over this. Maybe stop paying for a few months but then biznazz as usual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    I wondered if I was less mad if they said something like: "We want to make more money by selling more keys, hence we remove the feature to peek into a treasure chest without consuming a key." (of course in a much sweeter, salesman-like tongue), instead of providing us with this impertinent and insulting lie of removing a bug. I think I would be less mad, but I am curious, would you be less mad?
  • swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    @ambisinisterr

Its stretching credibility to believe devs listen to anything from the players that does not generate revenue or at least pay for itself if requires changes. QoL is only if we pay for it.
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I don't think there is anything that I could say here that has not already extensively been pointed out but the more people posting their dissent here the better. I am aware that not every cryptic employee is responsible for this decision. This message is intended for those who were:

I am aware that the odds of those in charge of this decision not being total meatheads and going full steam ahead is a slim as your HAMSTER RNG loot system. Yet I post here along with all of these other people to give you guys the CHANCE to turn this shipwreck around. We play your game, we test most of your stuff for you, we tell you when its broke, we explain why, we tell you what we want, we tell you what we would pay for, and we spend hours offering unique fresh ideas on how to make your game better. This is infinitely more than your company deserves when you turn around and spit in our faces almost every time. We know you won't pay for anything more than the bare minimum to run this game so we provide our services for free. Yet you disregard it and are somehow surprised when the warnings we all give come to pass. Cryptic, if you want your game to do well/have happy loyal customers/make you lots more money, listen to what your player base is telling you. That's the secret.

--
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
This discussion has been closed.