test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• arcticblitzarcticblitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Another awful change from cryptic and a blatant lie.

I would be happy to wear the change as is if the drop rates were changed and announced at the same time. It would have to be a significant change. an acceptable level of change would be 25 - 30% chance to drop a high value item (+4 Ring / Artifact / Artifact weapon ect ) a 10 - 15% chance to drop a Legendary item.

Blitzy : PVE only Barbarian
    Martin ConDion PVE only Ranger

Guild Founder: -HunterS-
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    xeltey said:

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key.

Lies . . . probably
    xeltey said:

because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not

Lies . . . . definitely

I don't have a problem with Cryptic trying to make $$, they are a business not a charity so that's understandable. But I find it rather insulting when they come out and tell bare faced lies to try and justify the change. That makes me, and obviously a lot of other people angry. It makes me want to make sure you don't get any more of my money, I don't like being treated like an idiot or taken advantage of.

Whoever wrote that slab of garbage and handed it to xeltey should be ashamed.

Ps - @ironzerg79 & Co., apologies that my previous post overstepped the mark and required removal.
  • sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Seriously, what is the point in playing anymore? The drops were so bad to begin with, why would anyone buy keys anymore?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    Why isn't this on the front page?

: |
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited October 2016

You know mate i was thinking about this since ages now. I am a former lawyer, who made well over thousand contracts and helped to establish more charity and other foundations in his short carrier. Now, if ever someone brought his ideas to me i could tell in a few seconds if something was fishy and so is this IP thing to me ever since some changes became visible.

Cryptic sometimes behaves like it has enough of the game and on the other day again i can see some minor, but still some efforts to keep us. So frustrating, you can't be sure in anything in this game, things can change form one patch to the next by a mile.

Just one catch, have you all noticed, that before the game turned 3 years old there was an empty space to be filled with next years number, up in Protector's Garden. Now since this year's jubilee there is no empty space anymore. Is it intentionally done so or just pure carelessness??? I don't know tbh, let each of us decide for themselves.

I will happily admit, i have my tin-foil hat on, if the game still exists within years to come, bugs will be constantly ironed out, our lost foundry and dungeons will return, PVP Q will pop in a few sec, arenas will roam full with happy players and the game will be full with satisfied old and new players alike.

Will it be so? Well at this point and looking at such decisions i can only second some of my fellow posters' believe, that the company tries to get away from the contract.

Dear Cryptic, prove us wrong, make us believe that you still have faith in your own product!!!

I am really tired now, i have rebuilt so many guilds and each and every time you keep destroying your own player base. I can bet my entire year's income, that if this goes live, guilds will be ghost towns again, like in Mod 6. Have you forgotten that? Give the almighty a kiss, that the game is still alive after that junk.

I have to ask myself, either the suits are the worst businessman i have ever seen in my entire professional carrier or you really want to get out of this, but if latter is the case, it would be (ironic mode on) more honest to step in front of your community and tell us the truth.

P.S: This is no bashing, this is just a thought, that currently lurks in many players' minds, whom i have spoken to.

You dear Cryptic have to do a miracle now to regain the players' trust. Please keep working on it ASAP.

Post edited by matthiasthehun76 on
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• varriquevarrique Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I really do not see how this is a bug since you are given the option to accept or decline, really is insulting to our intelligence to call something so long-standing and known about a bug. More to the point, the keys made in-game take time and effort to craft yet the rewards for the keys do not scale in proportion to the difficulty/time taken to make them. If they are going to do this then to be fair they need to up the content given in the chest to make burning a key worth it, because as it stands now it is not. I would even be ok if they gave the option between what item was in the chest and an appropriate amount of astral diamonds instead.
  • groo111groo111 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    FBI alrdy forces us to take chest with a loot box inside so rng x2 now all chests like this how is that fair to us that play this game. I feel like they want us to quit
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Seriously devs, you know its a big stinking pile of lying bullpoo, when even the community moderators are joining in this stream and letting us spew HAMSTER bile as much as we like.

Don't do this 'bug fix.'
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• nimrosnimros Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Another stupendous HAMSTER design change from Cryptic. I should be feeling a lot more upset about this than I am, but with Mod 10 I have barely engaged in any of the new content. None of my characters are high enough or have enough frost resistance to do FBI, and I refuse to grind and/or buy gear that is only good for one dungeon. My VIP has 30 days left, don't think I shall renew it after this absolute gobshite decision. We should've seen this coming with people who can actually do FBI reporting about the chests within chests thing and not being able to decline/preview the loot.
    Looks like I am in the market for a new MMORPG.
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I'm not going to take the time to actually read through this thread. I'll just let ya'll know what I think.

Ok, so you're going to go through with this, no matter how much we cry, moan, and complain. We know you.

So you have a couple of options. You can either drastically increase the availability of obtaining keys or you can drastically increase the quality of loot we get from chests.

In my opinion these are literally your ONLY options. If you do nothing but take away from the players, again and again, as you have been doing over the past year or so, you have no one to blame but yourselves for your decreased revenue and decreased playerbase. Once the snowball starts rolling...

Just this one thing isn't even a massive deal, but the track record speaks for itself. Almost every few months, like clockwork, you take something away from us with little recompense or forethought, and almost nothing you have done has benefited the players in any way, shape, or form. Everything you do just makes playing the game more tedious, more painful and more monotonous.

Stop. Think. Re-evaluate.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• baeyornbaeyorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Ok... to be strait on it, the change has little effect/meaning for me.

I almost never buy the extra keys. Only on birthdays/x-mas/etc when I get some game cards or some coin as a gift will I throw money at Legendary Dragon keys.

Most of the gear for main and alts have come from the regular dungeon boxes, and what keys I can make trhough the campaigns.

again that is just me.

Little or no effect on the way I play.

:)
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    shadw2012 said:

mattia78 said:

micky1p00 said:

kuero21 said:

shadw2012 said:

• rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I don't believe any of you actually really are gonna leave this game or have learned anything at all. I was here from open beta till around mod10-11. I remember you all, we all sat through bad decision, straight up lies, and continuous removal of actual content and other things over and over.

I mean the whole caturday event was a repeat of an exploit in a PREVIOUS PWE game..... Seriously...

Well hopefully you folks have figured out by now, why PWE's reputation in the PC gaming community is well less than stellar.

Welp, been waiting for the return of dungeons.... but.... yahh..... thatll never happen.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
    join the horde of the riot
    for the horde. not the alliance. come orcs, undead, goblins, trolls, taurens, blood elf's, heck even pandas
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    zerappus said:

One, I think this equalizes the pain between buyers and sellers. For the longest time, NW is a buyer's market. A month or so ago someone brazenly suggested that ViP no longer remove the posting fee penalty, where sellers are normally punished for failing to sell ( in short hurt the sellers even more while leaving the buyers untouched).

Now, it's come full circle, the dungeoneers who get their no-competition, tax-free ad are now getting hit.

Two, having said that, I think there should be a form of compromise (given the drop-rate reality). Cryptic should allow +5 rings to be RANDOMLY transmutable to another +5 ring:

Pay 50k AD to randomly transmute a +5 Ring to another +5 Ring.
    Pay 10k AD to randomly transmute a +4 Ring to another +4 Ring.
    Pay 2k AD to randomly transmute a +3 Ring to another +3 Ring.

This also doubles as an elusive/much-needed AD SINK that's currently missing in-game. A player who already owns a +5 ring would appreciate this consolation.

I was thinking along similar lines earlier, but actually making the +1/+2 useful beyond salvage - 10:1 trade-in. So, you have 10 +1 rings? You can exchange all 10 for *1* +2 ring. Repeat all the way to +5. If you go 10000 runs without a +5, well, you should have been able to upgrade along the way to get what you really want....

It also means that the +1/+2 rings will maintain some sort of AH value beyond salvage, will take up inventory space as you wait to upgrade ("I just need one more +1 - oh look, a +3... ARGH!") and keep people running older content to get more rings.

• smjester7smjester7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for making my next decision to buy zen easy. Now do I finish out my VIP before I quit playing your game.
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Maybe time to dust off the old WoW account, at least I know if I am grinding I will eventually get what I want without having to pay more than $15 a month.
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • knightofterrorsknightofterrors Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wow... Really Cryptic... Why don't you just go ahead and Remove everything from the game. A bug, Really... If you have an option to accept or not, that is No bug. If you think for one minute that any of us will believe that, you're insane! How bout focusing more on giving players a better chance at in-game items and maybe they won't need to decline the HAMSTER you give us over and over!
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    baeyorn said:

Ok... to be strait on it, the change has little effect/meaning for me.

I almost never buy the extra keys. Only on birthdays/x-mas/etc when I get some game cards or some coin as a gift will I throw money at Legendary Dragon keys.

Most of the gear for main and alts have come from the regular dungeon boxes, and what keys I can make trhough the campaigns.

again that is just me.

Little or no effect on the way I play.

:)

This means that you're going to burn say your greater demonic key on a +1 ring and a shard of shadowclad enchant instead of getting an r8, two pieces of salvage and some shattered RP. This will effect EVERYONE.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @xeltey, I haven't seen you before. This certainly hasn't been a nice introduction. Calling it a bug and us exploiters? Now you're universally hated.

Okay, coming to the point, if you guys thought this is gonna improve your chest key sales or something, you couldn't be more wrong. I was planning to buy 30 Legendary Dragon Keys during the sale if any. I've just striked it off my list.

Nobody is gonna pay 25k AD for a Peridot and 2k Salvage. Period.

@strumslinger, @asterdahl, @terramak, @panderus, @kreatyve get this point into their heads.
    FrozenFire
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    -snorts-

Well... I guess it was hard to use the usual "bots" excuse for this one. Thanks for the good laugh. If this was really a bug fix, you wouldn't post a thread detailing it before it went live like you don't with any actual exploits.

xeltey said:

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key.

xeltey said:

This bug has been fixed.

xeltey said:

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not...

xeltey said:

...the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

• iamfiredup#1157 iamfiredup Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    They really must want to kill this game. HAMSTER I don't give a HAMSTER. HAMSTER you HAMSTER HAMSTER HAMSTER devs , HAMSTER greedy HAMSTER money HAMSTER HAMSTER. No HAMSTER respect for your HAMSTER players. I hope this is in the rules of conduct.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Stopped playing NW with the intro of Mod 10. I'm just popping in occasionally to see if there's been a sea change yet that makes it worth considering playing NW again.

Based on this announcement - it's going to be a long wait.

Thanks Cryptic!

I have more $$$ for coffee and pizza, cause I ain't spending diddly on NW. Starbucks and Papa John's send their regards as well.

Hey now, please don't take it out on Xelty!

He's a really great guy and had absolutely nothing to do with this change! He's the Andy equivalent for the International (non english) Community. He's not a developer and definitely didn't suggest this or do anything but get told by whoever did decide to make this change that an announcement had to be made. :(

I don't know which Cryptic Devs came up with this concept but let's not kill the poor messenger. Afterall you will need him and Andy to help voice the player's concerns over this change to the developers at Cryptic. ;)

communication is almost always one sided. unless its andy or a livestream.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2016

The developers do read the forums. Here's to hoping they take some of this player feedback into account before Mod 10.5 ships.

Sry...but i must ask: Did they ever take some of players feedback and changed any decission they made? Any of the last they made, like coals/closing gateway etc.? Can you give me just one thing they changed when the playerbase was upset like now?

This discussion has been closed.