test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is no one running Fang Breaker

jfrostnwjfrostnw Member Posts: 13 Arc User
I remember when ELOL cam out, seems I could get a PUG group together no problem, I ran that thing tons of times. Now when I log in, I never see runs for Fang Breaker. Even in my alliance and guild chat, I hardly ever see Fang Breaker runs. I'm sure the devs can run the numbers, maybe I'm mistaken, but why do you suppose hardly any one runs it.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Requirements too high. Payout too low.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    The ongoing Voninblood Empowerment makes the new gear, while statistically an upgrade for most people, not worth acquiring.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Fangbreaker Island is actually a fun dungeon. It took me a while to work up the desire to grind out the Everfrost requirement but I'm glad I did.

Especially given that the Everfrost Resistance is an unlock only that can be totally ignored when you're in the dungeon, I'm unlikely to unlock it on many toons. Unfortunate. It would be enjoyable to play different roles in there.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Plenty of people running FBI... just not Pugging it.. I heard of someone saying it took him 6 hours to finish FBI... really that's not the fault of the game designers.. it's the fault of the people playing the game.

Most of my runs take 1 hour or less..

Be social.. get a guild or group of friends and learn to work together. Learn to make your toons strong and group with other strong players... build effective Parties based on the content.

This is an MMO not a FPS... please... act like it.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • lipasgutom1lipasgutom1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    hate
  • lipasgutom1lipasgutom1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    hate fbi reward is not good after all the hard work on the run all you get is trash

• mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    In addition to the entry requirements, the end reward is a chance at relic gear which must be restored and maintained. The grind is all too real.

Also, FBI has its quirks and issues. Some people dont really enjoy running it that much esp given the lack of rewards from each boss.

twitch.tv/kaligold
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Fangbreaker Island is actually a fun dungeon. It took me a while to work up the desire to grind out the Everfrost requirement but I'm glad I did.

Especially given that the Everfrost Resistance is an unlock only that can be totally ignored when you're in the dungeon, I'm unlikely to unlock it on many toons. Unfortunate. It would be enjoyable to play different roles in there.

I agree with you for the most part. However, I feel like I shouldn't unlock FBI for my other characters because I don't want to give the devs any indication that their recent decisions with vblod gating were successful.

Based on recent dev comments, it's becoming clear that they rely mostly on usage metrics as a measure of success with little regard to player enjoyment or quality of life. As long as we keep doing it, they'll keep pointing and saying "see? you like it"

"The community is clearly enjoying our convoluted heavily time-gated system of repeated aggravated nut-kicking because they keep lining up to get kicked in the nuts."

Well I won't. I'm not going to line up again.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Pretty much all covered above, but to summarize:
    1. Steep entry requirements (3100GS, 28% resist)
    2. Difficulty - you can't just auto-pilot through this so people who have become used to waltzing through eLoL have suddenly found themselves challenged. Some people don't deal with that well.
    3. Rewards require voninblood empowerment
    4. That's assuming you get them. They're a random drop from the end chest.
    5. The end chest requires a key to open (campaign task or Legendary Dragon [Zen])

I personally enjoyed running FBI, as it was nice to *not* be on autopilot. As a DC, I needed to be on my toes for pretty much every encounter, and start mixing up my powers depending on the fight. It was nice to actually be challenged by the game.

It's just a shame that the rewards are gated behind both the RNG and keys.
  • zerappuszerappus Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    With all the exploits floating around, Cryptic is afraid to actually dish out real rewards. I feel when all exploits are quashed and all classes are balanced, they will increase the prizes. Otherwise, everything will be just an exploiter's wonderland.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    People would work to gear up for FBI if the rewards were decent. Why bother with FBI when there are so many other dungeons you can queue up for without a specific kind of gear and don't need to gamble with?
  • flensburger99flensburger99 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am partly following above said.
    Rewards, except for relic gear, are suboptimal for most runs above 25-30mins, CN gives better rewards. (and yes relic gear is good, especially with 10.5 vivified upgrade)
    And second, honest but mean reason, many players are not ready for such dungeon to clear it in the suggested 30min or even 1h.
    FBI as endgame dungeon, is just too 'hard' to run with not good builds or Party constellations.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Wish there was some way to tell how much of the population actually had the GS to enter this... hrm. Maybe a poll somewhere?
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Wish there was some way to tell how much of the population actually had the GS to enter this... hrm. Maybe a poll somewhere?

It's not really scientific, but if you are in-game and you go to Find Player (press o, and go to the appropriate tab) for "Fangbreaker" you can get an idea of how many instances active

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Not worth it. PERIOD
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

I'm actually glad that the currently top content can't be run by everyone that purchases a level 70 premade. There needs to be at least a little content that's not trivial to the best geared toons.

If they do it right, the natural power escalation of the game will make FBI available to the next tier of toons about when they introduce the next, yet harder challenge. In order for that to work well, all sources of power need to be considered (gear, boons, etc.)

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    just another "abandoned" FBI contents, devs took away items from T-bar merchant, in that effect as wall blocking progression to a crawl, way too many players still trying for boot drops from HE and not able to get it, it made some players giving up, just like not getting enough of Linu's Favors too.

devs, hope you listen, many are already burnout and demoralized. you dont think of "Fun Factor".

it took me almost 5 months to get my main from 2.9k to barely 3.1k, i would literally rip my hairs when i tried my alts when my guild need my other class alts and alts cant do it and i cant help them. i hadnt been running with thme since late april, i had bug infestation that drove me away from home for too long, toss out my bed, sofa, and my office chair, and played less when i am at my brother's and he didnt have good internet for online games, just barely to log to say hello and do few things.\
    my other alts still not yet reach 2.5k for demogorgon runs.

so, thanks alot for nerfing and built up massive wall of progression blocker up. it been so bad since mod 6, i see no reliefs or any improvements, all i see since mod 6 and it was all about nerfs.

tired of bait and switch too often, and i feel like i was in very bad restaurant and those work in restaurant asking the customers, "you want soul-sucking cola and brainfries with that mindnumbed burger?

stop punishing the players as you know it wont effect bot programmers, doesnt hurt them, all they know is all about making money is several ways and to hurt economy of this game.
    just my opinion, whole economy format need overhaul and make them worthless if we get more accessable contents much better and then other players in question wont need those seller from 3rd party sites.

devs, you should know these are only pixels and you/arc should be only ones to own those, not those from 3rd party to take control, they are thieves and broke EULA contract, and illegally selling your products.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

. . . . .

If they do it right, . . . .

When have Cryptic ever done anything of value right? The current shambles shows that clearly and with their blind reliance on metrics, almost every thing is self destructive at best.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User

I'm actually glad that the currently top content can't be run by everyone that purchases a level 70 premade. There needs to be at least a little content that's not trivial to the best geared toons.

If they do it right, the natural power escalation of the game will make FBI available to the next tier of toons about when they introduce the next, yet harder challenge. In order for that to work well, all sources of power need to be considered (gear, boons, etc.)

I would agree... except the ROI is way off... the rewards for the zone are not significantly better than pre-mod 10 obtainable gear. As there has already been significant inflation of stat points by Bonding Stones, Armor Re-enforcement, and Mount Insignia. Resulting devaluation of new armor that has slightly better stats and some Everfrost Resistance.

The additional condition of needing to feed this new armor blood.. further devalues it.

So basically.. once you have run it a few times and feel like you've mastered the encounter... it's back to farming far more productive dungeons with faster/higher AD generation potential. Since there is the ever present need to prepare for the next AD sinkhole.

Just my 2 cents...
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    @magenubbie a group needs to be pretty well geared though in order to have those 'for fun' runs of FBI. I dont see my guild for example doing that as many people struggle even with ELOL/ETOS..

Why is nobody doing FBI? Im sure @panderus has an answer ready being devil's advocate and all
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User

The ongoing Voninblood Empowerment makes the new gear, while statistically an upgrade for most people, not worth acquiring.

That's the big issue why the new high-end content is not worth bothering with IMHO. Why would I go through the massive grind of getting gear that punishes me for playing?

I don't want to evaluate every time I go into combat, every group I join, by how much time it'll cost me to farm Voninblod to make up for that.
  • jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    The sad thing is: the dungeon is actually fun.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I actually gathered the gear up and ran it with the few other Cloaks that had the gear. We didn't pass the first boss and it took 45m to get there.... two of us (me being one) had a hard stop so we quit. It was actually pretty fun, though I object to the fact that the poison spines poisoned me in mid-teleport. Still. It was a challenge, which is rare in this game. I don't care about relic gear, so I will never grind it. Likely, I will finish it once to say I finished it and never go back.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its fun.. yes, its gated badly and has bad RNG rewards.. yes.

I have been keeping track of this of late.. in the last 2 weeks, anytime on on, there is no more then 1-2 runs at one time. The most Ive seen in the last 3 weeks is 5 last saturday.

Clearly poeple are annoyed at mod 10, but it probably doesnt matter to the company, they got money from it, so they are happy, even if players would like to drop the gating and vblood nonsense and get rid of the chest inside of the chest HAMSTER.

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Requirements too high. Payout too low.

This is why I don't run it

My guild Brothers and sisters run it as a challenge, but I don't need that challenge.

Urlord

• helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    A lot of ppls running FBI, check 3K channel.
    I've a great time in this DG, even with randoms, it's not so hard with 3K3 - 3K5 team.
    I was bored but now we have new challenge to do, hope they keep the game on this way.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I haven't run it because there isn't any reason for me to do it. I don't need anything from the dungeon. The gear will be trash in about 2-3 months after this mod is over and then I'll have something more interesting to do. No drops, no point.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.