test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User

I'll honestly say this has been fairly tame so far. That said, the US kids are in school. This post will be 10+ pages after school lets out and many schools are off the next 3 days ;) Run....run and hide my friend.

Pretty sure we are only seeing a fraction of what gets posted, thus the reminder from zerg who is frantically "modding" at the moment.

With this fix the AH will be limited to lockbox drops and RP. I cannot envision a scenario where people are actually farming the non-free chests (i.e. not daily or vip key accessible). This means people will be running 0-4 dungeons a day. What will they do after? This will really hurt new players who won't even have a prayer of getting artifacts in game.

• loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    vordayn said:

@xeltey

This is insulting to your players. A feature which has a 'decline' button is now considered a bug?
    Plus you have multiplied this said 'bug' among 13 different chests?

Yes they managed to bug it all over the game year after year, admit it... it's an art :D

• fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    fernuu said:

This will be most constructive comment that can be done:
    What a joke :D

You want some real bugs to fix? Why not start with those already stated due to last 10 modules?
    I can throw you some ad hoc @xeltey:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT5HWV0eLLQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLKkDmJIzNA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Sgj7GjWUWk
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    25k AD a piece at current rates for a Zen key, or 20+ hours of crafting time and some resources....for stuff that amounts to basically 5k on average.

On the plus side, all of the contents of these chests just went up in value. Those of you with multiple +5 rings.....heck, those of you with multiple +4 rings even...count yourselves lucky.

All I see is them basically trying to wipe away the old guard here....take away everything we can't manage to get right and take the heat now....then, once all the old time players with millions of AD are gone, we will just have the new players who don't know any better. YAY.

QUESTION FOR ALL: Was the chest peak possible on PS4 and XBOX? If that is the case, then they reproduced the bug on 2 additional platforms as well as having been in game for 10 mods and multiple reworks of dungeons. Calling this a BUG makes you guys look like fools - I'm sorry.

It is not often it is more beneficial to call something a feature thats being removed over a bug thats being fixed, but I think the backlash would have been a little less here. Course, I think at this point they are beyond caring about us.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    aulduron said:

How on Toril could the majority possibly open all those chests and never see the Decline button?

They think we're idiots. This is the most infuriating part of that post. The person who made up this excuse is most likely similar to the one who validated this change; somehow, it seems it's very hard to connect two brain cells together for some people.
    check the bottom of your web browser, i believe you are looking for the fifth button from the left (7th if you could PW and Arc symbols). Otherwise refer to the support page linked here: https://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4302
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Sword Coast Online, the only thing to make anything interesting with collected companions? Farewell to it.

Do we have that promised way to get the companion gear in game after all this time? I don't think so.

Now you are making farming for +5 rings OUTRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE do you know how rare they are? I've declined more than several THOUSAND chests with +1/+2 rings.

Are you telling me that I am supposed to use a Greater Demonic Key by every chest?

Kitten you Cryptic, Kitten you.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?

All I see is them basically trying to wipe away the old guard here....take away everything we can't manage to get right and take the heat now....then, once all the old time players with millions of AD are gone, we will just have the new players who don't know any better. YAY.

I still contend they are trying to lower game population/profitability on the game to a point where they get relieved from their IP contract requirements. So they can sell to another developer who has the skills and maturity to manage this franchise.

• greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    If this goes live - heck even if it doesn't - they've basically signaled the end if this game.

The ineptitude is staggering!! NO ONE can possibly be this inept! Can they?!

Revert this immediately or just announce the closer of the servers.

GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR BEHINDS!
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User

25k AD a piece at current rates for a Zen key, or 20+ hours of crafting time and some resources....for stuff that amounts to basically 5k on average.

On the plus side, all of the contents of these chests just went up in value. Those of you with multiple +5 rings.....heck, those of you with multiple +4 rings even...count yourselves lucky.

QUESTION FOR ALL: Was the chest peak possible on PS4 and XBOX? If that is the case, then they reproduced the bug on 2 additional platforms as well as having been in game for 10 mods and multiple reworks of dungeons. Calling this a BUG makes you guys look like fools - I'm sorry.

It is not often it is more beneficial to call something a feature thats being removed over a bug thats being fixed, but I think the backlash would have been a little less here. Course, I think at this point they are beyond caring about us.

Yes chest contents can be previewed on xbox one and ps4. Also these changes are obviously designed to cramp down on ad generation for the dungeon runner, and are not a bug fix like they are trying to sell (just like the salvage value reductions). Very shady business on par with coalgate on xbox one. I see more players leaving for good in the future.

• kevinwinterkevinwinter Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I understand the players' frustration. This "bug" or oversight has been in the game for so long, it feels like an intended feature.

From the developer's perspective though, if you use just one key over and over and over, you avoid questing and earning the materials to create a key. Not all developers are money grubbers; some want you to play the content they've created. If you don't want to earn that key through daily quests, you can purchase multiple from the zen store for less than a starbucks coffee.

I have 11 characters, 3 of which I play frequently. Those 3 characters create keys, run dungeons, and loot both chests. I don't mind spending a key on HAMSTER; I've accepted it as part of the game (RNG). All of the HAMSTER I don't need is sent to my other characters to salvage/hoard.

I'd be interested in hearing the design decision for having such a long timer to create a campaign key. The number of keys players can create is already limited by the amount of campaign currency they have. Why put a massive timer on it? That decision probably needs to be revisited.

Some suggestions/solutions:
    • Reduce the time and/or materials required to make a campaign key
    • Create daily campaign quests that reward you with a key for that campaign
    • Create a weekly quest that rewards you with a legendary dragon key
    • Allow keys to be made in bulk
    • Improve the rewards from the campaign key specific chests in dungeons
    • Consolidate campaign currency or create a system for converting one to another
    • Bring back boss specific loot that isn't looted from a chest

Have a nice day. Or don't. Your choice.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its already too late, there has been alot of really bad decisions from mod 10 foward , just part of the whole package.

Bad grindy design, removal of player services, more and more inventory issues ect.

They simply do not at all understand what is going on with thier own game.. that is the sad part.

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I strongly urge the development team to review average loot in all content that makes use of keys in light of this bug fix change of mechanic.

It will be highly unprofitable to run some content with other-than-free keys, e.g. eLOL blue salvage + random minor RP for a key that costs 5000AD.

Dungeons are fun to run for the sake of running them the first several times through. Beyond that, they are run for treasure. I understand that the intent of this new design is to make it a gamble to buy an additional key in the hope of finding nice loot (and to sell more Zen store keys for said gambling). If chests are a losing proposition every time (T1 dungeons, maybe T2 dungeons too) or have only a marginal positive expectation (newer content), players won't spend their time on it.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    Well, how about a buff to VIP with this change. Rank 10 is a nice even number, and doesn't have anything real special with it at the moment. How about a daily legendary dragon key for rank 10 VIP? Support a more subscription-favored service.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • dondotta#8907 dondotta Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Please dont implement this into the game it will make almost everyone quit. Essentially making game p2w all the way. I just joined and hate to have to leave.
  • lillijendrilillijendri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    What the....ridiculous. One of the worst game decisions i've ever witnessed. Bye-bye, dungeons!
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    putzboy78 said:

I still contend they are trying to lower game population/profitability on the game to a point where they get relieved from their IP contract requirements. So they can sell to another developer who has the skills and maturity to manage this franchise.

This. It's the only thing that makes any sense.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    That one decision will just lead to the end of the multi-dungeons runs, then people will stop doing dungeons.
    Loot is already pathetic, except for CN which has kinda the best ratio, 15 min for 2 rings, chance to get purple salvage all around, r8 enchant and even +5/orcus shard.
    Now what ? If we cannot preview what the coffer contains... Well no one will continue to open the extra coffer knowing that 98 out 100 times it's nearly empty, or absolutly NOT WORTH the time spent on the dungeon. Multi-run hoping to get that R8 to sell, that artifact or that +5 ring, farming all day long because there is nothing else interesting to do, was the reason lots of people are here. No more preview possible on the loot ? => Artifact prices will skyrocket, in less than a week, and strange thing, you won't see campaign task "create that key" clicked anymore.

I can't even imagine how their meeting to decide to say "it's a bug let's remove one of the last things people here use to do thousand times a day". My opinion after Mod 8-9 was NW is finally looking better, a bit of communication from the devs (better than nothing), good campaigns (stories and instances), no endless farm (twisted is short farm). My opinion since Mod 10 is that NW is back again on the abbyss, and 10.5 will be the final dive.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Also, thank you Cryptic! A third of the members of my guild are thinking about leaving after reading this. Just what we needed, less players.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • meerchaummeerchaum Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Now with this BS I have 1 more on the con list and very few on the pro list.

From the developer's perspective though, if you use just one key over and over and over, you avoid questing and earning the materials to create a key. Not all developers are money grubbers; some want you to play the content they've created.

you do realize the programers that wrote those campaign zones are long gone from cryptic right?
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Cryptic you are damn right we rely on it and like first comment said, calling a thing with Accept and Decline options a bug, come on, think of better excuse *we are greedy and want you to buy keys*
    Why i came here was to say, HAMSTER dat idea.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

If you guys are so damn desperate for money. Sell COSMETICS, remove the grind from your game, MAKE IT FUN AGAIN.

LOL, they don't want to sell cosmetics. What other reason would their be to remove them from the store? You simply can buy anything cosmetic from the Zen store anymore. And even when you could, they did little to add to it. When was the last purchasable dye set released? When was the last fashion set released? The last one I recall was the wind fashion from elemental evil.
  • mimerifle#1948 mimerifle Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Pepe gives four thumbs down.

I'm not one to be overly-critical of such things, especially in a f2p, but that wasn't a bug. Calling it a bug is like me referring to my first marriage as a kidnapping. Boo!!!!! (not the Halloween kind)
  • hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I wouldn't even be bothered by this had you guys not lied about it. "Bug" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! That's a garbage excuse. Just be honest, you want us to spend more money and get less gear for the money spent.

By the way, did you guys know there are tons of other MMOs out there?
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    This is Bullocks, guys. Let this go on and it'll make coalgate look like a storm in a teacup.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • rondy44rondy44 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Sorry ARC, click on 'decline" button was a bug? wtf

It was the most pathetic change I've ever seen on this game
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key.

xeltey said:

This bug has been fixed.

xeltey said:

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not...

xeltey said:

...the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

va8Ru.gif
This discussion has been closed.