test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderation member to please make sure that when you light your torches, grab your pitchforks and apply the tar and feathers, that you do your best to keep it within the bounds of the forum code of conduct. Thanks.

I now return you to your regularly schedule rage

With that being said...

This change definitely makes me a sad player, like being left out in the rain.

Post edited by ironzerg79 on
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 203 Arc User
    So I assume... there will be a removal of the "DECLINE" button.. to ensure ppl don't accidentally decline the chest.. that they already ate a key to open? Also, once they key is consumed... the chest will be able to be reopened??? Say an accidental key stroke moves the player away from the chest and out of range of the object???
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....

Member of Ember Legion
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    The company chose to be lazy and sell this kind of HAMSTER to fund itself instead of cosmetics. Everything now revolves around shortcuts around purposefully designed agonizing grinds.
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    How disappointing. On the day the consoles are getting the long-anticipated Mod 10 update, Cryptic (or PW or Arc or Hasbro, or whoever it is) makes an announcement like this and tries to sell it as a bug fix. Sad.
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Have the devs actually said that possibility to view contents of chest was a bug? This sounds like a bit of overkill, will droprates be increased to compensate? Coz if it remains as is, this is kinda a nono
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    My advice is for everyone who wants to continue playing...Just copy your toon onto preview and play there. Free respecs, Free race rerolls, free RP (the eye of the giant at the new vendor is legendary, easy RP). Free Enchantments. You can play this same game, without all of the BS they are throwing in.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    I am ok whit this if you bring back DUNGEON DELVES hour event when there whas no need for key..it was a great event cause everyone queued up for dungeons at same time, so you never had challenges getting dungeon parties also as a reminder the dungeons not worth playing i have over 600 vip key and i dont like to do this dungeons there is nothing epic in theyr name just salvage HAMSTER...add in chest real loot whit a chance on unique items or removes all as you done whit the ones in mod 6..still waiting for Lair of the Mad Dragon ,Throne of Idris,Spellplague Caverns and the greatest dungeons ever from game The Dread Vault..the todays dungeon are so linear that even blinded can you get to end of dungeon..where are hidden locations diverse
    routes and hidden bosses..
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    this will effectively kill T1s, skirmishes, and edemo. T2 is still plausible with VIP. I have in my inventory a dozen keys to check all the different chests that i may come across.

I haven't found loot worth taking second chests for over a year with the exception of CN (for rank 8 enchants because that's the best thing I've gotten from CN). I haven't gotten a single +5 ring to drop in any content.

There is no way that the ROI on chests will work in our favor outside of the daily free key and VIP keys. Which means as listed above there will be less artifacts, etc available on the AH which will only hurt newer (paying) players.

I cannot begin to fathom what this will do to the game.

I miss DD, when the whole community got together to farm dungeons. You never had an issue finding parties, It was organized and it was fun, we even had outside of neverwinter contact information to alert friends of DD so they'd come play. That has been gone for a long time but I consider it one of the highlights of this game.
  • snakedssnakeds Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The only way this would make any sense is if Dungeon Delves come back.. and ALL chest are free to open during that time..
    Otherwise this is just HAMSTER.
  • hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So am I going to waste too many hours of time in the new trial just for green/blue and epic marks? If someone doesnt want to spend millions of ad for your zen keys you have to spend millions of hours for farming them in the campaing. There are 3 chests in the new trial! Sorry but I cant deal with this amount of time until I get the 3 legendary marks neither do I with millions of ADs just for the keys. I was really excited about the new artifact weapons but this has changed right now. This is HAMSTER.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • torinortorinor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    This is pure greed and money making. I am very upset I bought a years worth of VIP. Oh well, lesson learned.
    Imagine getting the +5 underdark rings now lol. Some people have made so many runs that the actual use of keys would lead them to bankruptcy.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Where is the blog annoucing a thorough review of the mind boggling QOL issue we have.

You are light years behind other mmos now.

Where is the player advocates, there seems to be alot of cash grabbing money advocates for your team right now, where is the THIS doesnt seem fun reviews?

You are all crazy.

EVEN if you removed this disastrous decision. YOUR game isnt WORTHY of being played atm.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Hey on the bright side, at the least bots aren't getting the blame this time.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    They overused anti bot.. now its anti bug!

IT all usually boils down to .. ACTUALLY anti real players.
    lirithiel said:

Hey on the bright side, at the least bots aren't getting the blame this time.

Is it? Players are still being called dirty exploiters pretty much...
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Just a reminder from your friendly neighborhood moderation member to please make sure that when you light your torches, grab your pitchforks and apply the tar and feathers, that you do your best to keep it within the bounds of the forum code of conduct. Thanks.

I now return you to your regularly schedule rage

With that being said...

I'll honestly say this has been fairly tame so far. That said, the US kids are in school. This post will be 10+ pages after school lets out and many schools are off the next 3 days ;) Run....run and hide my friend.

My advice is for everyone who wants to continue playing...Just copy your toon onto preview and play there. Free respecs, Free race rerolls, free RP (the eye of the giant at the new vendor is legendary, easy RP). Free Enchantments. You can play this same game, without all of the BS they are throwing in.

Preview server is a bug also, it will be removed shortly.
    uzala said:

Have the devs actually said that possibility to view contents of chest was a bug? This sounds like a bit of overkill, will droprates be increased to compensate? Coz if it remains as is, this is kinda a nono

No, they have never said it was a bug, and I believe they actually FIXED this when it has broken in a couple instances. Don't know about you, but I always apply patches to re-bug something that is bugged so that the bug is working.
    If poeple actually moved to preview ad hoc, they would just close it and only open it like a few weeks before and after release announcements.

This is how other games operate.

I can see the allure of it, but frankly it doesnt matter, the game is dying , it thrives only on fresh victims and now they have found a slew of them on ps4 and xbox, they dont care what we think whatsoever.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016

No, they have never said it was a bug, and I believe they actually FIXED this when it has broken in a couple instances. Don't know about you, but I always apply patches to re-bug something that is bugged so that the bug is working.

I was reminded specifically of the ichor bug where your weekly cap went up if you previewed a chest and didn't accept it. They fixed ichor that you didn't actually take being counted, but never said that you weren't supposed to be able to peek in the chest at all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is a feature in the Neverwinter game whereby players can open a bonus chest at the end of certain dungeons through use of special items named:

• Legendary Dragon Key
    • Daily Dungeon Chest Key
    • Epic Dungeon Chest Key
    • Standard Dungeon Chest Key
    • Mystic Dragon Key
    • Arcane Dragon Key
    • Dragon Queen’s Key
    • Lesser Demonic Key
    • Greater Demonic Key
    • Malabog’s Castle Key
    • Valindra’s Tower Key
    • Kessell’s Retreat Key
    • Ancient Runic Key
    • Dark Fey Key
    • Thayan Chest Key
    • Thayan Lair Key
    Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.

In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.

Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.

As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team
    @xeltey

This is insulting to your players. A feature which has a 'decline' button is now considered a bug?
    Plus you have multiplied this said 'bug' among 13 different chests?
    And there are 15 different keys we now have to store, and are forced to use with diminishing returns?

Pat.thet.ic in absolutey so many levels.

Resolving an inequity between the 'minority of players' who knew about it and the 'majority who did not' smells like poor justification to me. Where are you getting your statistics from?

The 'Neverwinter design team' is not getting this right.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    How stupid do you think we are, Cryptic? A bug for 10 mods? REALLY? I'm speechless. 50 Zen discount on Legendary keys. What the actual HAMSTER.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    How on Toril could the majority possibly open all those chests and never see the Decline button?
    If you guys are so damn desperate for money. Sell COSMETICS, remove the grind from your game, MAKE IT FUN AGAIN.
    vordayn said:

A feature which has a 'decline' button is now considered a bug?

this little line nailed it

• ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    this is so... we should all... hell cant be bothered any more.. last nail
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    Haha. Money grabbing <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

250 ZEN for a key pack... a reduction of 20% for making the extra chest literally worthless to open.

No one will ever buy these keys from the ZEN store.

/irony on
    What marketing genius has thought this through?
    /irony off
This discussion has been closed.