test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Just.. whatever. We know you dont care about any thing we say, so it doesnt matter.

Feedback to you is paperballs you can fold up to try for another +2 .

Thanks for just opening our eyes to your pathetic game design, your terrible customer responses and your horrendeous sheer amount of lies and ineptitude.

Declining HAMSTER loot is a bug! We have been exploiting for quite awhile. Because YOU DONT Even make it worth the effort!

What a mockery . What a terrible happenstance of mistakes.

LOL.

• russ4ua17#7677 russ4ua17 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Maybe you should consider curbing your greed. You put this game on PS4 and two months later made the gear we spent money on obsolete by giving us an update that PC waited years for. Slow your roll or you're gonna be rolling alone with no customers. I've spent hundreds and wouldn't mind spending more if it didn't make my HAMSTER so sore. Not revisiting the hooker that gave me crabs.
    This is what comes of them feeling empowered and emboldened, this wont be the last of it, anything.. ANYTHING at all that is a player advantage will be removed.
  • buddyva#2754 buddyva Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    So this means I can make keys a lot faster right?
  • mcxanatosmcxanatos Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    You know.... There's a lot of stuff about this game that is frustrating and more that is fun, which is why I stick around is because the side of the scale on fun was heavier than the side that was not fun.

I recently started running Orcus last week and have done many, many runs of it now and before that I had done many runs of other dungeons. It's bad enough that running a dungeon forces me to use 5,000 AD to open the chest on the left (I literally had to buy 500 Zen yesterday to open the dang chests on my Orcus runs because it's sucking my AD like no ones business). Now you're telling me that the Legendary Dragon Keys that I have limited supply of will be automatically consumed if I touch that chest, regardless of what's inside. I do not take many of the special chests because the drops are at many times worse than the chest that costs 5,000 AD to open.

If you are going to make this change, then you seriously need to increase the drop chance of items in the chest that is opened with dragon keys. I for one will never buy Legendary Dragon Keys again if this goes live because I am not spending 50 cents a pop to get drops that are a lot of times worse than the drops in the Epic Dungoen Key (5,000 AD) chest. I run Orcus or other dungeons 10-15 a day at minimum. 10 dungeons a day would be $5 a day in Dragon Keys, even with your discount, and that's $150 a month just to open chests with an RNG chance. Even if you're a casual player who only runs 2 dungeons a night, that's still $30 a month that you're getting squeezed for with a RNG chance.

This was not a bug and you know it, this is a cash grab. Force players to use their keys but give them a discount on the keys so that they'll think they're getting a deal.
    Everything will have double or triple gating, everything will be reviewed in terms of cash shop and where or how they can get more money.

This is the end of this game.. that is clear, once a game is only about the cash shop and not about actual quality of game, there is zero reason to play it anymore.

Run , run from this game, you cannot in good honesty stay after this announcement.
  • goatfaceonegoatfaceone Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    you need to go back and revamp all tasks relating to key making
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Here is a better idea: Get rid of the 2nd chests, and give us an NPC who will buy back, in AD or Zen, all the keys we already have
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    aulduron said:

Here is a better idea: Get rid of the 2nd chests, and give us an NPC who will buy back, in AD or Zen, all the keys we already have

@aulduron what you don't realize is next mod the new raid has 3 chests that all require legendary dragon keys to open. This is what this change is really about.
    Then I'm glad that I've already decided to skip these two mods. The way this is going, I've probably played my last campaign.
    I was all but done anyways, getting salavage for double weekened, maybe stay for christmas, this is super easy and frees me from even thinking about it, all they have done is dumped in tons of grind we cant do, now gate it for more zen purchase HAMSTER.

The game has jumped its shark moment, when you incessantly bash your customers over the head with advance with cash shop only items only, its over.
  • jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    xeltey said:

There is a feature in the Neverwinter game whereby players can open a bonus chest at the end of certain dungeons through use of special items named:

• Legendary Dragon Key
    • Daily Dungeon Chest Key
    • Epic Dungeon Chest Key
    • Standard Dungeon Chest Key
    • Mystic Dragon Key
    • Arcane Dragon Key
    • Dragon Queen’s Key
    • Lesser Demonic Key
    • Greater Demonic Key
    • Malabog’s Castle Key
    • Valindra’s Tower Key
    • Kessell’s Retreat Key
    • Ancient Runic Key
    • Dark Fey Key
    • Thayan Chest Key
    • Thayan Lair Key
    Keys are currently acquired by purchasing them from the Zen Market, completing certain campaign tasks, or obtaining them from certain non-player characters. Each key can be used to open and claim the rewards from one chest.

In the Sea of Moving Ice update releasing on the live server on November 8th, there will be a change happening to how these keys work.

There is currently a bug on the live server whereby a player may view the rewards without using a key. This bug has been fixed. When this fix gets to the live server, opening a chest will consume the key, give the player the rewards, and display those rewards to the player. To ensure that keys are not accidentally used, the user interface in game will alert you to which key would be consumed and ask for confirmation before continuing.

Since this bug has been live for a long time and we believe that some players may have come to rely on this bug, we are providing advance notice of the change.

As part of this change we are also lowering the cost of the Zen store item “Legendary Dragon Key 5-Pack” from 300 Zen to 250 Zen.

We are pleased to address this bug because it resolves an inequity between the minority of players who knew about it and the majority who did not, and because the Neverwinter design team will be better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed.

- The Neverwinter Team
    This is a bad joke, right? Not even Cryptic is THAT stupid.
  • ahegaotenshiahegaotenshi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    *sigh* and there goes my first and last post

WTF is wrong with Hasbro? First the end the novel line, and now there video game is about to die off. The Forgotten Realms is history.
  • loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User

No they think WE are that stupid.

• zran#0953 zran Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    If you do this Arc I am done. I and likely many others will never spend a cent more on your game. If you value the feedback of your users at all this thread should make you see that this change to fix a "bug" is not a good idea.

It is truly sad that game developers have become so money hungry, what happened to the days where games were made to be played not paid?

This thread is such a breach of trust that I just made my first and possibly last forum post. Take heed of your players we do not want this blatant cash grab.
    aulduron said:

Agreed. There is no longer any need for a second chest in dungeons.

It reminds me of this one scene in the Musketeers but I'll adapt it for NW:

Playerbase: Only a fool would try to pull the wool over our eyes twice in one month (referring to the first with the removal of Gateway).

Devs: We've fixed a bug with dungeon keys, which players were taking an unfair advantage of for years.

Playerbase: A fool.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Now we know why cryptic made a chest in a chest in FBI. Srsly cryptic do you really think everytime you do not like something about people gaining loot you can claim it to be a bug and nerf it to hell? Do you think we are 5 year olds? This is the embodiment of patheticness after the removal of coalwards from the tradebar store. ( which in case any1 forgot they claimed to be a bug / mistake as well. WTH????
    loexwell said:

No they think WE are that stupid.

Well, this is what happens when they feel emboldened and empowered to do whatever they want. LOL.

Even if this is retrackted (and its not likely to be) they will just alter something else. The sheer amount of non progression activity they expect to be done of late is insane.

The game iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssss

• sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Well, this will make me rethink purchasing Zen this black friday. Good job Cryptic, first you ruin STO, now you will do the same to NW? Whoever decided this change should lose their Christmas Bonus, because you as a company will be losing more players due to this.
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
    edited October 2016

Everything will have double or triple gating, everything will be reviewed in terms of cash shop and where or how they can get more money.

This is the end of this game.. that is clear, once a game is only about the cash shop and not about actual quality of game, there is zero reason to play it anymore.

Run , run from this game, you cannot in good honesty stay after this announcement.

^This!

With this key change they finally went p2w all the way. If you take FBI as an excemple, there is absolutely no way now, to get the particular loot you are looking for (e.g. Relic Armor) from a dungeon, UNLESS you spend actual money. You literally have to pay, to get a chance at the loot. Any other way, all you get is a wooden spoon.

My advice follows Silverkelt: Take your money and run! Don't hand the money-grubbing Mod edit: FORGET THE HAMSTER THIS GUY NEEDS FLUFFY WHITE KITTENS IN HIS LIFE of Cryptic any more of your hard earned cash.

Post edited by kreatyve on
    edited October 2016
    double post

Can anyone suggest me a new game to start downloading? Preferably one with no grind :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

• arran#4326 arran Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    Why is it that every time I come back to the game you guys announce stuff like this? :(

^This!

With this key change they finally went p2w all the way. If you take FBI as an excemple, there is absolutely no way now, to get the particular loot you are looking for (e.g. Relic Armor) from a dungeon, UNLESS you spend actual money. You literally have to pay, to get a chance at the loot. Any other way, all you get is a wooden spoon.

My advice follows Silverkelt: Take your money and run! Don't hand the money-grubbing HAMSTER of Cryptic any more of your hard earned cash.

lirithiel said:

Can anyone suggest me a new game to start downloading? Preferably one with no grind :p

Paladins http://store.steampowered.com/app/444090/
    Fractured Space http://store.steampowered.com/app/310380/?l=german

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

what you don't realize is next mod the new raid has 3 chests that all require legendary dragon keys to open. This is what this change is really about.

Or 3x copious amounts of grind (though - small mercies - the campaign "key" is tracked via UI rather than taking inventory spaces), but this is moot for the hardcore raiding types who can chain-run a thing as soon as it's available.

----------------------------------------

I suppose many of us have come to expect that any benefit to players that makes aspects of the game tolerable will be removed or changed without making the necessary supporting improvements.

Consolidated list of complaints that chest previewing made slightly easier to take:
    - Loot is 99% garbage and not worth using a key on. Legendary Dragon Keys represent a real money purchase, and nobody wants to use them on trash. Slightly reducing the price doesn't cut it if the loot is still worthless.
    - The low drop rates on items people actually do want (like artifacts or legendary rings) mean that they'd run something until their eyes bleed knowing that they can keep throwing themselves at the RNG on the same key. If dancing with the RNG is going to cost a key each time, then nuts to that.
    - You can only realistically make 1 campaign key per day in most cases. Even if you have a stockpile of currencies and don't need them for something else (like your Stronghold), the timer doesn't permit it. 18 or 20 hours gives some leeway in the exact time you start a task to be able to claim it for the next day's play, but it doesn't really allow making more. Most of us do still work and sleep, at least sometimes....
    - All those "free" campaign keys create an incredible amount of clutter. Keys must be in your bag and not your bank when you finish your run in order for a chest to activate.

So... with substantially better drop rates on the good stuff, and better support for creation and inventory management of campaign keys, this bitter medicine might be easier to swallow. But as it stands, all you're going to see is pitchforks.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.