test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demonic Escape

After being in the game for this long (Including PC & XB1) somebody *must* have complained about this type of Heroic Encounter, and asked for them to be adjusted, or entirely removed from the game.

While I, personally, still attempt to do them when I am farming Heroics it seems that 99.999% of the players do not even attempt them at all...making them totally impossible to defeat for us few that do attempt them.
I even see people asking in ZoneChat if any other instances have any Heroics running that ARE NOT this type.

A question for the Mods, Devs, and players that have previously played on PC/XB1...
Is there any chance that these encounters will ever be made into something that players will actually WANT to do?

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)

Comments

• chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I solo them and I prefer no one to come. Just like with the other 2 encounters soloing the encounters is much easier than when people are there. The enemies have around 50k hp when you are by yourself. Slaughter can be done in less than a minute and you can be smart about closure and keep 1 enemy alive so nothing else spawns except for that one big demon every 30 seconds. And why would you ever farm these?
  • ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User

(A) I solo them and I prefer no one to come.
    (B) And why would you ever farm these?

(A) To get the Gold rewards you need to get more than just one person.

(B) Are you seriously asking me why I farm Demonic Encounters?

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
    ...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
    YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)
  • twintails70sw#8053 twintails70sw Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Agree with Gold Awards, but yes, in ToD it's hard to find people to do this one. most just sit on their mounts just outside the area and wait for "anyone" to come and help.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I thought they were sitting outside on their mounts to keep the difficulty from going up until the last minute
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I love those players that show up only at the last minute to get the gold and get two heroic completed at 1 time.

I love when I run through a heroic encounter to get somewhere else - and magically it says I completed it. That's the only kind of luck I get :)
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    The problem is that players act like every demonic heroic encounter is a Demonic Slaughter. I'll have the gauge up in a Demonic Closure and other players will come in and kill everything as quickly as possible. I mean, seriously, Demonic Closures are not Demonic Slaughters 2.0 and should not be treated that way.

I am not very strong as a tank, so I tend to wait until the bar is 2/3 to 3/4 completed before entering a Demonic Slaughter. I'd rather not have the reason why the enemies went to gold be my fault. I'll let my high DPS friends kill things quickly. As for the Demonic Closure, I'll play it like it was intended, but if the other players are just killing the enemies and it gets up to gold before 50%, I'll just leave and come back, hoping that the enemies will become weaker for those trying to kill the enemies.

As for the Demonic Escape, almost no one ever runs it. I usually try to fail them if I need to do demonic heroics and no one else is trying to complete them. The worst part of these is that they are usually not the closest to entrances, with the exception of Icewind Dale.

I honestly think that Demonic Escape should either change, give better rewards, or be taken out of the game.
    Escape is fine if there are only one or two people doing it. If I see more than that I pass on by.

Closure - I don't understand why people won't just leave the flying things so you don't have to keep killing non-stop.

• rukia#3090 rukia Member Posts: 23 Arc User

I love those players that show up only at the last minute to get the gold and get two heroic completed at 1 time.

I love doing this :smile: