test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing text

arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
On the latest Mimic build I no longer have any text, starting with the character select screen to in game. Anywhere I would expect to see text is just blank. I am using AMD Crimson 16.9.2 drivers and am wondering if there is some sort of new conflict here? I have no problems with the live server, but do get a warning before the launcher loads saying my drivers are out of date, which they clearly are not.
Definitely not an Arc User.

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Something I just read elsewhere:

I run Neverwinter with the -d3d9 option and loading preview today I had zero fonts and pictures. All buttons, powers, encounters etc. were just blank. Restarted and removed the flag and it worked.

Might help?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Something I just read elsewhere:

I run Neverwinter with the -d3d9 option and loading preview today I had zero fonts and pictures. All buttons, powers, encounters etc. were just blank. Restarted and removed the flag and it worked.

Might help?
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it had no effect :(

Edit: seems this issue can also be found on the STO preview server . . .

[quote="dragonseye1138;13073071"]Yep. that's it. I was able to sort of fix it by launching the tribble client in safe mode, exiting the game, then relaunching the client and resetting all the options. But it only works until I log back into holodeck. If I return to tribble after holodeck I have to do the whole song and dance all over again. Very frustrating.[/quote]
    Post edited by arabatur on
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • agent08ng#8619 agent08ng Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    :'(

• eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    This is how preview server looks for me. I use an ATI card as well, wonder if it's an ATI driver issue. Anyone with Nvidia having this issue? Though I am on 16.10.1 for drivers
    edit: Just tried verifying game files to no avail. It's gotta be something on the preview server though as the game run/looks fine playing on the live server.
  • kalimoucho44kalimoucho44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Got the same issue.

I changed the language option in the launcher, set it to english, because it's not my language. This resolved my issue.

Hope it will help you.
    Tr BlackbombA
    French guild : L'Ordre Du Dragon Noir
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User
    No text here either. Also using an ATI card.
    Tried patching with a different language, no text, back to English and still no text.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Yeah, switching to a different language did not do anything for me, still no text.
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Launching the game in safe mode works for me, but only temporarily. If you try in normal again, the text disappears :neutral:. Only in safe mode you can see the text. Btw, I have an AMD card too. Coincidence?
  • farla47farla47 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 149 Arc User

Launching the game in safe mode works for me, but only temporarily. If you try in normal again, the text disappears :neutral:. Only in safe mode you can see the text. Btw, I have an AMD card too. Coincidence?

Safe mode works for me too. For now. I hope these bugs don't move to live with the new mod.
    (almost)All my friends are Imaginary!
  • salnasalna Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Also using an ATI card. I was need remove -d3d11Enable 0 from launcher, to fix missing text.
    Hear silence.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for calling this out. Is this addressed for you in the newest build?