test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Sea of Moving Ice Rewards!

Comments

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited October 2016

So even though it sounds pretty hard to get the vivified it sounds a helluva lot easier than Masterwork. This effectively kills that profession path, so now I don't have to start that grind.

Thanks for the clarification @asterdahl !

So I guess I got hoodwinked by investing in masterwork professions. I trusted it would have some use in game like the strongholds have longterm use in game. Maybe even get updated with future mods.. what an idiot idealist I was. Now I've just got a bag full of fashion.

Now.. I've ground out everything and it's completely useless to sell or profit on and now the game offers me another grind and I'm supposed to trust that it's supposed to be better and it'll be great for everyone of my characters.. but in reality by the time I get this armor set perfectly upgraded the level cap will increase and I'll be kicked in the gut again. Kitten that.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I hate the way they did the whole Masterwork thing. From what little research I've done it's a huge investment in time and a ton of AD to get to a point where you can make anything of value.

It's such a binary mechanic... Either you spend millions of AD, to potentially make even more millions by selling the valuable stuff. OR you don't do the grind and you suffer with Leadership as the most valuable profession to pursue to mitigate the ridiculous artifact grind. Sure other professions have their place, but they aren't near as important as shortening and cheapening the upgrade path.

They could've done it so much better, but that's all hindsight.

I know I took a cursory look into it, saw that it was too costly (in AD and time), and stopped right there. Then I saw a dev say that those who pursue Mastercrafted after the announcement of the new gear were doing it 'for the personal achievement' of it. Big red flag that they knew it was a dieing mechanic. Those that started early made millions, but it's drying up quickly. :(
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    I was never a crafter in any game I played. Not my thing so naturally the prof I have leveled here are leadership and black ice. Once in the past, on a single character I started weaponsmithing in order to make a fomorian fabled weapon.. only to see a new mod come and introduce the next level of weapons making fomorian obsolete.. The MO here is telling us all we need to know. If something new requires alot of grind..you can safely skip it since not too long after that you get another new thing and the grind was for nothing.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Then I saw a dev say that those who pursue Mastercrafted after the announcement of the new gear were doing it 'for the personal achievement' of it.

I'm very curious as to where you saw this post, please let me know if you can dig it up so I can correct it. Here's what I said recently in another thread:
    asterdahl said:

I believe I mentioned this when masterwork professions were first released, and I want to continue to reiterate that we won't only add recipes through masterwork in the future. We want professions to be useful for other players as well.

That being said, we do have long term plans to continue to support masterwork. For some time now, masterwork has provided best in slot. There will be a period of time where that is not the case, with the new relic armor and relic weapons. We're not intending for crafted masterwork items to always represent best in slot. However, those who have invested in masterwork will not have their investment go to waste in the long term. We think there's still a market for players who don't have access to the new endgame gear.

That being said, we'd like professions to be something for those that enjoy it to make some extra AD and generate value for other players. We'd like those with professions leveled to feel like they can make things that are useful. That being said, we're not aiming to pressure everyone into leveling professions to progress their character.

We have plans to continue to support masterwork, and if you have genuinely invested into masterwork and received the tools and recipe books, we'd like for that investment to pay off in the addition of future recipes. I certainly would not like to suggest that an undertaking as herculean as masterwork professions is one to be done only for personal achievement.

In fact, what I'd like to say is that, if you're simply aiming to advance the power of your own character's equipment, masterwork professions is not intended for you. This is the reason masterwork professions creates entirely bind on equip items. If you just want the armor, buying it will be a much cheaper endeavor than getting to the point where you can make it yourself.

The idea behind masterwork is that it is an endgame for those who enjoy crafting.
    I'll see if I can find the post. It was earlier before SKT dropped iirc, and the post was about people feeling the new gear would hurt those who undertook Mastercrafted by minimising it's usefulness.

Personally, I like the idea of advancing professions past the standard max level, but feel it was too strongly weighted towards those who have a lot of disposable income and time to grind it out. From the little research I've done you'd be a fool to start down that path without a lot of money and a mythic forgehammer - which is a lot of money just for that. The failure rates and expense are just too high for the majority of players. IMO.

I'll see about that old post..
  • gormenghast1gormenghast1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Stat allocation for the new sets among the classes seem a bit odd. After some data collection on preview, it appears that the range of stat amount between some class sets and others varies to more than 20%.

This is a list of CLASS - Main-Hand Stats/Off-Hand Stats/Total Set Stats regarding the new sets on preview, ordered from the most advantaged classes to the least ones:

SW - 8897/3922/12819
    CW - 8897/3922/12819
    GWF - 8897/3922/12819
    DC - 8897/3922/12819
    GF - 7366/4719/12085
    OP - 7804/2792/10596
    TR - 5106/5106/10212
    HR - 5106/5106/10212

The most blatantly botched item is the OP Off-Hand, which is showing a lot lower stats than the twisted set OH even having 20 Il points more than that.

Twisted Sets have a balanced stat total (around 9.8k-9.9k for all classes), relic sets stats range more than 20% between some classes and others. Is this unintended or does it mean that some classes have to be beta till the next weapon set?

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    Supposedly the OP shield is missing a STAT and that will be fixed
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    They did say they weren't done and currently shown stat totals weren't final, but it may very well have been helpful to have it laid out like that while they work on them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

While upgrading your equipment does not remove the empowerment mechanic, it does make the armor's base strength equal to that of the fully empowered armor. So if you have no intention of empowering the armor, vivified relic equipment on empty will still be stronger than masterwork or dragonflight.

This is the first good news I have had about this update.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
    asterdahl said:

Then I saw a dev say that those who pursue Mastercrafted after the announcement of the new gear were doing it 'for the personal achievement' of it.

I'm very curious as to where you saw this post, please let me know if you can dig it up so I can correct it. Here's what I said recently in another thread:
    asterdahl said:

I believe I mentioned this when masterwork professions were first released, and I want to continue to reiterate that we won't only add recipes through masterwork in the future. We want professions to be useful for other players as well.

That being said, we do have long term plans to continue to support masterwork. For some time now, masterwork has provided best in slot. There will be a period of time where that is not the case, with the new relic armor and relic weapons. We're not intending for crafted masterwork items to always represent best in slot. However, those who have invested in masterwork will not have their investment go to waste in the long term. We think there's still a market for players who don't have access to the new endgame gear.

That being said, we'd like professions to be something for those that enjoy it to make some extra AD and generate value for other players. We'd like those with professions leveled to feel like they can make things that are useful. That being said, we're not aiming to pressure everyone into leveling professions to progress their character.

We have plans to continue to support masterwork, and if you have genuinely invested into masterwork and received the tools and recipe books, we'd like for that investment to pay off in the addition of future recipes. I certainly would not like to suggest that an undertaking as herculean as masterwork professions is one to be done only for personal achievement.

In fact, what I'd like to say is that, if you're simply aiming to advance the power of your own character's equipment, masterwork professions is not intended for you. This is the reason masterwork professions creates entirely bind on equip items. If you just want the armor, buying it will be a much cheaper endeavor than getting to the point where you can make it yourself.

The idea behind masterwork is that it is an endgame for those who enjoy crafting.

I mean this with no disrespect sir. I will believe what you say when I see it. As it stands right now.. I have gained nothing from doing masterwork professions. I have all but one profession done and 100% completed. I do hope you continue to support Masterwork Crafters but hope is thin these days. I did a quick search only to find that it was You @asterdahl that mentioned that you hoped people were doing it for personal achievement if they were happy with the AD cost vs Revenue but so as to not take what you said out of context I copy and pasted it.

asterdahl said:
    What's more important to us is that the investment players have made in masterwork is not invalidated overnight. An MMORPG is a complex ecosystem of various interacting economies. Sometimes changes need to be swift and decisive and sometimes a slower hand is required. We'd like to build trust that if we introduce a system with a large investment like masterwork that said investment will carry over into future endeavors, or at the very least that the return will decay at a somewhat predictable rate.

Obviously the return on investment with a system like masterwork is highest at the start. If you're starting masterwork now (on the PC at least) hopefully it is for personal achievement, because you are happy with the current investment requirements vs. the rate of decay of prices, or because you are hedging that your progress will be worthwhile in the future.

We want players to trust that their investment in a given system means something. This is why we made changes like always double refinement for artifact weapons. Not every investment will always carry forward directly or 1:1, but while relic armor provides some competition with masterwork for the most elite, sellable BoE equipment would provide steep competition across the spectrum.

I've tried to get into your new content. I've yet to have any of these 'magical slippers' drop from ANY heroic encounter in Bryn Shander and I've run mostly higher tiered ones. How many do I reasonably have to do to be a piece of this unrestored gear? 50, 100, 200, 300? Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. How am I playing your game incorrectly? As a support class most of the time I don't get anything to drop besides 200 VB and a rank 5, if that.

Should I be hedging bets? I guess that is for me to decide. I've been hedging bets since the dungeons were taken out of the game. Hoping I'd have something dungeon related to run in the future but now it looks like this Cinderella is just stuck being a seamstress with no invitation to the 'Giant's Ball'.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• krasnoyarsk1krasnoyarsk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I don't get what the point of this excessive grind for artifact weapons if on next mod they'll drop from lockboxes, as same as happened with elemental artifact weapons, when you ran 100 HE's then on subsequent mod it dropped from lockbox. Sry bad english.

I don't get what the point of this excessive grind for artifact weapons if on next mod they'll drop from lockboxes, as same as happened with elemental artifact weapons, when you ran 100 HE's then on subsequent mod it dropped from lockbox. Sry bad english.

I wonder if they plan on putting the Relic gear as a drop in a lockbox too then :/
    --

• thuzkawthuzkaw Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Devotion Paladin ( not sure about Protection) how do they Dodge, Block,Sprint or Shadow slip? If they can't then what's the point of having the set bonuses?

Add Recovery stat for the 4th stat for Pally thx.

I did a quick search only to find that it was You @asterdahl that mentioned that you hoped people were doing it for personal achievement if they were happy with the AD cost vs Revenue but so as to not take what you said out of context I copy and pasted it.

Asterdahl said:

What's more important to us is that the investment players have made in masterwork is not invalidated overnight. An MMORPG is a complex ecosystem of various interacting economies. Sometimes changes need to be swift and decisive and sometimes a slower hand is required. We'd like to build trust that if we introduce a system with a large investment like masterwork that said investment will carry over into future endeavors, or at the very least that the return will decay at a somewhat predictable rate.

Obviously the return on investment with a system like masterwork is highest at the start. If you're starting masterwork now (on the PC at least) hopefully it is for personal achievement, because you are happy with the current investment requirements vs. the rate of decay of prices, or because you are hedging that your progress will be worthwhile in the future.

We want players to trust that their investment in a given system means something. This is why we made changes like always double refinement for artifact weapons. Not every investment will always carry forward directly or 1:1, but while relic armor provides some competition with masterwork for the most elite, sellable BoE equipment would provide steep competition across the spectrum.

Ah thank you for finding the quote. The important part about that post is when I said it. This was some time after masterwork had been out, if I recall this post was from directly before Module 10 was live, probably around the time it was on preview. I would say that if after that point you were working on masterwork, I would hope that most were not aiming to see a massive return on investment as when the recipes were brand new.

We've gathered data from masterwork and we may make some adjustments when we release future recipes, that being said, the same idea will hold true then. The further away you get from when the recipes are new, the lower the return on investment will be. The less difficult it is to make those recipes, the faster this will become true. I would not advise anyone to pursue masterwork for the personal advancement of their character in a combat role. If you're interested in crafting, making a profit, etc. that's another story.

thuzkaw said:

Devotion Paladin ( not sure about Protection) how do they Dodge, Block,Sprint or Shadow slip? If they can't then what's the point of having the set bonuses?

Add Recovery stat for the 4th stat for Pally thx.

To be clear, the bonus procs when a player uses their shift/L3 power, regardless of their class. The omission of sanctuary is a typo. I'll make sure the weapon designer is aware of the bug report, thank you!

• matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I wonder if they plan on putting the Relic gear as a drop in a lockbox too then :/
    Well as it seems worthwhile loot from dungeons will drop from lockboxes, such a pathetic monetary practice, you should really be ashamed of this. There are 3 T1 dungeons that drop loot and people still run these BECAUSE of the loot chance and you put all these 3 artifacts in the lockbox...how sad is this..you practically REMOVED the incentive of running ALL DUNGEONS in this game since T2 have already scandalous foundry like loot ( useless epic gear ONLY). Great move guys, next you should put edemo and CN loot in the lockbox and then just close the servers cause there wont be any dungeons left to worth running.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Stat allocation for the new sets among the classes seem a bit odd. After some data collection on preview, it appears that the range of stat amount between some class sets and others varies to more than 20%.

This is a list of CLASS - Main-Hand Stats/Off-Hand Stats/Total Set Stats regarding the new sets on preview, ordered from the most advantaged classes to the least ones:

SW - 8897/3922/12819
    CW - 8897/3922/12819
    GWF - 8897/3922/12819
    DC - 8897/3922/12819
    GF - 7366/4719/12085
    OP - 7804/2792/10596
    TR - 5106/5106/10212
    HR - 5106/5106/10212

The most blatantly botched item is the OP Off-Hand, which is showing a lot lower stats than the twisted set OH even having 20 Il points more than that.

Twisted Sets have a balanced stat total (around 9.8k-9.9k for all classes), relic sets stats range more than 20% between some classes and others. Is this unintended or does it mean that some classes have to be beta till the next weapon set?

this is an interesting consideration..anything to say about it? @asterdahl
    asterdahl said:

I did a quick search only to find that it was You @asterdahl that mentioned that you hoped people were doing it for personal achievement if they were happy with the AD cost vs Revenue but so as to not take what you said out of context I copy and pasted it.

Asterdahl said:

Ah thank you for finding the quote. The important part about that post is when I said it. This was some time after masterwork had been out, if I recall this post was from directly before Module 10 was live, probably around the time it was on preview. I would say that if after that point you were working on masterwork, I would hope that most were not aiming to see a massive return on investment as when the recipes were brand new.

We've gathered data from masterwork and we may make some adjustments when we release future recipes, that being said, the same idea will hold true then. The further away you get from when the recipes are new, the lower the return on investment will be. The less difficult it is to make those recipes, the faster this will become true. I would not advise anyone to pursue masterwork for the personal advancement of their character in a combat role. If you're interested in crafting, making a profit, etc. that's another story.

I don't see why When it was said is important at all. It doesn't make it any less true since nothing was added in mod 10-10.5 that I'm aware of that would correct this problem. Also- When 'In the future' should I expect that the time and effort I've chucked into Masterwork professions might be rewarded? Are we talking 'When removed dungeons comes back again' Future or 'When we raise the level cap again we'll give you another PITA grind to get gear for the next level cap future?'

How many mods should we reasonably wait to see anything good from it? The time is ripe for selling things as people are gearing to run this content but there is nothing to sell at all. You've managed to completely invalidate it 100% by this update which is only a few weeks after you made the comment. Have i missed what this new gravy train is supposed to be for selling because all I see is updates where the AH is harder to use??
    --

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

asterdahl said:

Asterdahl said:

I don't see why When it was said is important at all. It doesn't make it any less true since nothing was added in mod 10-10.5 that I'm aware of that would correct this problem.
    In the unsavoury world of politics this is called 'Spin'. This is when a politician says something in public and later decides or recognises that it was not a good thing to say. Politicians then employ Spin Doctors to try and put the words into a context that makes their meaning more in line with what they wish they had said at the time. Sadly, @asterdahl is trying to spin what he posted previously about Masterworks. If he wants to maintain or build the trust of the players, it would be nice if he just admitted that he meant exactly what he said at the time without trying to spin it now.

• krasnoyarsk1krasnoyarsk1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User

Well as it seems worthwhile loot from dungeons will drop from lockboxes, such a pathetic monetary practice, you should really be ashamed of this. There are 3 T1 dungeons that drop loot and people still run these BECAUSE of the loot chance and you put all these 3 artifacts in the lockbox...how sad is this..you practically REMOVED the incentive of running ALL DUNGEONS in this game since T2 have already scandalous foundry like loot ( useless epic gear ONLY). Great move guys, next you should put edemo and CN loot in the lockbox and then just close the servers cause there wont be any dungeons left to worth running.
    Talking about edemo we have already twisted weapons dropping from lockboxes, and is only a matter of time to orcus set drop from lockboxes too. I'm really afraid to do this excessive grind to get this new artifact weapons (that maybe are worse than twisted weapons) to next mod they drop from lockboxes the same way that twisted, elemental weapons dropped. A good move to make this game really funny is get rid of all lockboxes, and make their content drop in-game, then we will really play this game, not becaming afraid to effortless grind and next mod we see our objectives dropping on a lockbox.
    edited October 2016
    qexotic said:

Sadly, @asterdahl is trying to spin what he posted previously about Masterworks. If he wants to maintain or build the trust of the players, it would be nice if he just admitted that he meant exactly what he said at the time without trying to spin it now.

On the contrary, this is not a matter of spin. When something is said is exceptionally important, particularly in matters of economics. I am not suggesting anyone wait for their masterwork investment to pay off. I am stating that we have plans in the future, and that those investments will give you an advantage moving forward.

The fact is, with the addition of new recipes that are difficult to obtain, the earlier you gain access the more profit you will make. There will be a point where the difficulty is no longer worth the return. This is even true of battle contents. The first teams able to clear a battle contents will be able to sell any unbound spoils for an exceptionally high amount. Depending on the difficulty of the entry requirements and the rarity of the item, that price will drop rapidly as more gain access.

You may not convert the time you spend making your character stronger directly into AD the same way you would think of your investment in masterwork, but the principal is the same. You're playing in a world with other players and an economy, their interactions affect your own whether you interact directly or not. New content and opportunities to make new items or find new loot are essential to give new opportunities to profit and become stronger without stagnancy.

Grayhawk#1973 is asserting in this quote that I said those who are pursuing "mastercrafted" after the announcement were doing it for "the personal achievement." The underlying message here is that I ascribed intent to those who were pursuing masterwork recipes.

The actual quote does not ascribe intent:
    asterdahl said:

I emphasized hopefully. I was stating at the time that relic armor was announced that I hope those who were just then considering entering the masterwork economy were aware of the inflection point the new armor announcement would cause in that system and be wary of entering for a near term return on investment, as such an endeavor would be foolhardy.

Again, I would encourage those pursuing personal character advancement only, and who are easily frustrated by economic changes to avoid this sort of system.

We would like the relic weapons to serve as a high watermark for some time so there are no plans to include these weapons in a lockbox for the foreseeable future. It's the case with any endgame item, however, that it will become easier to obtain with time, whether it appears in a lockbox or not.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I'm sorry @asterdahl but this is spin, pure and simple. All you have done is add to it and make it more apparent :(
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    qexotic said:

I'm sorry @asterdahl but this is spin, pure and simple. All you have done is add to it and make it more apparent :(

No, this is just you. It is obvious to any player that starting masterworks now is not profitable yes? And if you had started masterworks back at the time of asterdahl's quote it was not profitable then either, and it was equally obvious at that time. His quote is pretty clear on fact that at the point in time. And honestly, if you are expecting any sort of profitable return on any in-game activity at a point way way past the activity's release date then you have a serious misunderstanding of the game economics. The game economy moves on the latest and greatest thing that the devs have released. Masterworks is no longer the latest and greatest, and the masterwork economy is showing that fact.

It is actually rather nice to have a dev being aware of when something is not economically profitable. I'd rather the devs moved (a lot) faster on correcting this, but one takes what one can get, especially in a game where the devs hold all the cards.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @asterdahl : in general I agree with your statements except for the fact that at the moment we don't have any chance to clear a battle content first and sell the spoils for exceptional amounts as you say.
    I run FBI for fun and to get the relic armor (by the way thanks for the fact that vivified will be better than anything else at any empowerment level, that makes grinding FBI more acceptable), but we don't get anything we can really sell for exceptional amounts. Artifacts drop rate is veeeeery low and the number of runs needed to get one pretty much reduces the value to zero. It's probably better to grind Sharandar to sell lesser thaumathurgic stones and that is something bots can do, while I don't see bots defeating Drufi.
    Bring rewards back....

Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Coming back to rewards. I started to do some map treasure hunting is SoMI and the rewards are decent considering that it's not a stressful activity.
    In about two hours I found 8 places out of 10, the other two I gave up as I couldn't figure where they are. The tenth map was a repetition of a previous one. Not sure how many maps are there but I guess that in a few days you can find all places and then speed up the process.
    In these two hours I got a blood ruby (unbound), two opals (unbound), 4 pretty heavy refining stones (bound) for relic equipment (worth 50k and 25k RP for those and 5k/2.5k for other equipment), several reagents for relic restoration (unbound), one Lanolin, about 3k voninblod in ostorian relics and a lot of fish. The ruby,opal and lanolin are probably worth 80k ad, and the reagents are sellable (value unknown at the moment), voninblod is good and fish can be traded for Svardborg "keys". All in all a pretty good value for time.

Post edited by gabrieldourden on
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    I still dont get why some classes get so much less stats compared to others...these weapons are an example but is true on pretty much every piece of gear
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User

It's probably better to grind Sharandar to sell lesser thaumathurgic stones and that is something bots can do, while I don't see bots defeating Drufi.
    Bring rewards back....

@asterdahl print this on a poster and stick it where everyone there sees it. Your practices REWARD bots and NEVER ONCE the last 2 years you rewarded skill, NEVER. The ones who defeat any of the 3 FBI bosses, especially Drufi, get a spit in their face from you, plain as that. No respect whatsoever to our time and effort, NOT ONCE the last couple of years.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

I still dont get why some classes get so much less stats compared to others...these weapons are an example but is true on pretty much every piece of gear

I'm interested as well. This seems to be an oversight, unless you really don't want HRs to lead the damage charts. (gwfs have 2k more stats)

I wonder if weapon damage varies as well...This would compound benefits some set bonuses in favor of the higher weapon damage dps

@asterdahl
    Thanks for finding the quote I was talking about. I dug around several forums looking for it to no avail. Searching this forum is rough on a phone unfortunately . That quote told me that the early crafters reaped the rewards and I'm glad i never tried progressing Masterwork.

It makes the fact that one of my guilds chose to chase the money and went for Explorers Tower, in the last month, instead of the HP tower all the more frustrating. the masterworks mats are now selling for a pittance of what they used to, and that tower was a big waste of resources that could have been spent on another excellent defensive boon. *Sigh*. Maybe they'll change their minds and tear it down... Lol

I'm glad that the new weapons need crafted materials from some level 25 professions though. I've been grinding the other professions for that reason, and to make my own armor kits. It's breathed life into those professions that weren't called Leadership, which is a great move. :)

I'm personally looking forward to mod 10 hitting Xbox tomorrow. It saddens me that I fear it's too late, and all of the damage of this whole empowerment fiasco has driven a very large majority of dedicated players away from the game. If this empowerment debacle doesn't change very very soon I think it might drive me away too. They have NOT listened to the glaring and numerous feedback threads about what a terrible idea this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is, and they pushed people away from the game. Bad bad decisions on their part...

And it sounds like the bad design philosophies have continued with the new raid. Just reading the feedback threads for AoS tell me that another wave of my friends will be moving on too. Tsk tsk
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Here's a question for the devs.

Is the missing armor class from all the relic armor in SKT fixed in Sea of Moving Ice?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1222704/gf-armor-shieldbearers-raid-breastplate-broken
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    vteasy said:

rayrdan said:

I'm interested as well. This seems to be an oversight, unless you really don't want HRs to lead the damage charts. (gwfs have 2k more stats)

I wonder if weapon damage varies as well...This would compound benefits some set bonuses in favor of the higher weapon damage dps

@asterdahl
    @asterdahl any word on this? anyone...
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"