test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ring of fortress +5

superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Hello guys, I am a pve buff tank and i got Ring of fortress +5. Do you think i should use it on me or are there better rings? I have my resistance almost at 80%.

Comments

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Geia sou kvsta.

ring of fortress effect is pretty random and it might proc when you do not need it.
    You don't have control when invulnerability procs and in any case it is prety small time frame.

Better to give to a healer toon or i don't know.

I use ring of -i don't remeber to type well the name-the one that makes you immune to damage after a health threshold .Mine is at 25% for 2 secs.
    Even that is sub par :/ but i keep it for its colour :P and its two defensive slots.But ring of fortress ,i think you should not use it .My suggestion anyway ;)
  • superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Geia sou hypervoreian.

Thanx very much for sharing. I didnt like ring of fortress too, but i kept it for the colour
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Unfortunately, only a handful of the "utility proc" underdark rings are actually worth equipping. And like has been pointed out, the tiny fraction of a second of immunity that will trigger randomly during combat just isn't a great effect.

The 2 defense slots might be nice if you need a little more defense, but typically people are looking to stack more offensive capabilities.

I got a +5 sudden defense ring a week after the ITF nerf where they disconnected the ITF bonus from GF's DR. I'm keeping it for the color or in case they bring back a similar mechanic, but it will sit in my bank until then while I wear +4 rising power / precision / focus and +4 brutality.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Agree with prior statements about fortress.
    Too short and random to matter.

I run "Bowser" reflecting protector with +5 sudden Defense.

I'd rather have "rising" as I use KV 24/7.

But sudden It is up far longer than fortress, keeps DR near 80%.

And 2 defense slots... cannot pass that up.

I wear a +5 rising deflect (deflect normally sucks but works great for this build + deflect/reflect abilities).

TLDR

If you get hit a lot, "rise". If not. " sudden"
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.