test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is the best buff items (consumables) to buy for a tank build.

genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
i play a bit of high deflect, with good lifesteal, tank style. what buff items should i buy to use in fights and before a fight?
their are 30 minute long buffs and some buffs only last a minutes, what is the best for a tank.

Comments

• genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    thank you for the information
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    If you are a tank, I would not spent AD for the pocket pet. The effects are random. One of them as 'a so cute'. It reduces your aggro. Not an desirable effect for the tank.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    Best consumable item for tanks, deserving a cast slot over all others, is a health stone (reg or greater, either). Second best is Lirrah's bell (spelling? the one that resurrects your companion and makes it immune for 10 sec), IF you are using a non-aug companion. With only one quick cast slot left, I usually use the doohickey (AE damage on packs). The pocket pet and coin just don't scale very well (and the pet's adorable buff sucks for a tank).

For potion-type consumables, the +1 to all stat potions are good (either the fey one or the invoke currency version, spendy tho). Invoke crown buff is worth using because it's free. One of the major buff potions, depending on your stat needs (I use fort or force, depending on fight). Stronghold food of whatever level you can acquire, I either use power or defense but it depends on your stats. The mt. dew drink if you have em stockpiled. And finally, a festival food of some type (again, depends on your stats). There are some other invoke currency potions, but again, depends on your stats whether they are worth it (very expensive, relatively, too).
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    ok so focus on were my stats lack and get what is more needed then, ill make sure to do more research on it.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Caprese/ aniversary ham(GF), potion of fortification/tidespan potion*, honeyed bread/other sh food with rec/reg*, foehammer elixir, elixir of steadfast devotion(if you really really need),

And a mistake that i've seen tanks comit over and over again, not bother about arm pene, it's very simple, no arm pen, less damage, less damage,less threath, less heal(FR,LS, crushing surge), allies take damage, dont do that if you're an OP binding oath will not cover the threath full time, sacred weapon is not a choice or is removing shielding strike.

* if you already reach 80%DR.