test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pwe cards in canada

So I have looked at my local gamestop they have no idea what they r same with 7/11 only places left r best buy and Walmart.. But there a long trip. R they even there or is it hopeless.. And I have to go threw steam if that even works

Comments

• Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    futureshop / best buy
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    jamesbond007#6020 jamesbond007 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    7/11 in Toronto has game cards.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    When I make online purchases, I go to my credit union and issue a Visa gift card. They have a set amount of money on them and no way to access my account directly. I have never purchased a PWE card, also I live across the water in Michigan. I can't speak for Canada, but if I was looking for a product close to home, I would pick up the phone.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Here at Quebec City, I have no problem to get 25$ card at Walmart or Best Buy, but 10$ card are sometime not available.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User

futureshop / best buy

Futureshop still exists?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Any EB Games sells them.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Paypal linked to a bank account works well.
  • Options
    stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

I think the idea here is to limit any financial risk if payment information is ever compromised. Pre-paid and gift cards are great for that purpose.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

reg1981 said:

I think the idea here is to limit any financial risk if payment information is ever compromised. Pre-paid and gift cards are great for that purpose.

Agree'd! But they are such a pain in the HAMSTER trying to get the last few cents off of them :)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I don't know about Canada, but in the US, you can get $25, $50 or $100 USD VISA gift cards pretty much anywhere that has a gift card rack (grocery stores, Home Depot, Walmart, target, etc) - don't need to go to a bank or credit union. I'd recommend the VISA though, the MasterCard ones sometimes have authorization problems. I've never seen a PWE gift card, but I haven't been to a game store in well over 10 years.
  • Options
    tuesdayrolld20tuesdayrolld20 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    There were Arc/PWE cards for sale in Canada. However, I have been to a few game stores lately and they have told me that the cards are now discontinued in Canada. They can still be bought, but few now remaining...apparently.
    Miri Droverson

• Options
    shadowslave604shadowslave604 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    well in british columbia here i have friends at best buy/EBgames(gamestop)/711 and they have all told me PWE game cards have been pulled and can't be ordered at all to the store anymore.

first the $25, $50, $100 were removed about 6 months to a year ago. then finally the $10 cards went away about 3 months ago...i managed to get a few but when i went back for more i was told they were pulled and returned to supplier.

steam is working again but you have to wait days for it to be unblocked before you can trade for ad....

Please PWE/Cryptic bring back cards to Canada....
    Thanks
    Shadowslave604

RELAPSEGuild

Darsyus Dawnblade - Human Female - Paladin - Main 22k ilvl
    Grunnarch the Red - DragonBorn Male - Barbarian
    Shazglar Swifthunter - Half Orc Female - Ranger
    Shynt'Drin Do'Urden - Drow Male - Rogue
    Fari - Human Female - Wizard
    Tisha SwornHeart - Tiefling Female - Warlock
    Brom Bloodeye - Dwarf Male - Fighter
    Luna Starshine - Halfling Female - Cleric
  • Options
    eltecheltech Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    I used to get them at Walmart in Canada, about 2 years ago. Then the $50 cards sort of disappeared, and after a while I couldn't find any. I just switched to Paypal after that...​​