test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Slight" reduction of voucher drop rate

2»

Comments

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I've been getting an average of 1 voucher ever 2 minutes. Doesn't seem so bad to me.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    kvet said:

I've been getting an average of 1 voucher ever 2 minutes. Doesn't seem so bad to me.

In a group or by yourself?
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2016

Alone, I just got 3 to drop at once from a mob of 4 so RNG is with us, always....
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It seems finicky. I can get 3 or 4 within a few moments, then nothing for the next 10-20 minutes. So im finding farming the blasted things a lesson in frustration. Now, if I cant get anything within the first few minutes. Ill just leave and go do something else.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I have had a slight reduction in my interest in running this event.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

It seems finicky. I can get 3 or 4 within a few moments, then nothing for the next 10-20 minutes. So im finding farming the basted things a lesson in frustration. Now if I cant get anything within the first few minutes Ill just leave and go do something else.

That continues to be my experience. I have been farming this quite a bit and see the same fluctuations.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Maybe the vouchers have an internal cd. I know, for example, the dragon hoard coffers have one of around 5 min. I know that, because when i enter the dragon well to do the weekly, the very first mob i kill drops one, then nothing for around 5 min, then around the time, when i finish to kill the 50 enemies, another coffer drops. Maybe its something similar with the vouchers.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Er someone who has no idea what your talking about. What vouchers?
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
    Vouchers are guild currency. You will only see them drop if you are part of a guild.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Vouchers are guild currency. You will only see them drop if you are part of a guild.

I have heard you also need to complete the quest "A Pledge of Support" from the Master of Coin in the guild stronghold for vouchers to drop (not tested). That quest carries over from last time, so if it isn't offered to you, chances are you already did it last time (you can check your quest history if you want to be sure).

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The trigger to enable voucher drops is indeed completion of a non-repeatable event quest. If you did it last time, you're all set.

It seems that you need to score the killing blow for vouchers to drop (solo, not grouped), which means that anyone who is trying to farm the event either has to attempt to find an instance where they have as little competition as possible, or to play like a complete HAMSTER. I am also finding that vouchers drop on the whole better from HE mobs than the regular ones, which means that players are forced to aggressively compete for HE mob kills in the name of helping their guilds.

When you could just blow up normal mobs for steady drops and casually do HEs as they spawned, the entire event was a lot more relaxed. Not liking the changes so much.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Playing alone hasnt really seemed to help. I generally prefer to find the most empty instance and well away from other players. I cant honestly see much difference between solo farming mobs and the group chaos that comes with the HEs.
  • playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User

I have heard you also need to complete the quest "A Pledge of Support" from the Master of Coin in the guild stronghold for vouchers to drop (not tested). That quest carries over from last time, so if it isn't offered to you, chances are you already did it last time (you can check your quest history if you want to be sure).

Yes you have to have done the pledge to get vouchers to drop; so need to be in a guild.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Echoing the experience that drop rate varies from frequent (had multiple drops from the same pack) to non existent. Finding an empty instance helps but sometimes even that doesn't matter. I am racking up on dragon hoard coffers and RP though.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Just a casual observation:

Captain Artis Lynn in Protector's Enclave gives "The Seige Begins" quest for which a player gets experience points and some copper upon completion...

However if you are a member of a guild, in addition to speaking to Captain Lynn in Protector's Enclave you can also speak to the Master of Coin at your guild and she will give the player the quest "A Pledge of Support" for which the player gets two times the experience points, two times the monetary reward and in addition the player also gets a medal of heroism and a Stronghold Support Crate that will give the player rare (blue) Stronghold Support Voucher.

Along with the "slightly reduced" voucher drop rate, I'd have to agree with people when they say the rate is "inconsistant" at best.

Four days of playing many characters (doing HE's) and I got one voucher, the last two days of playing have yielded about a dozen or more (accumulative)for some of my characters others still have none, but then I maxed out my account with character slots and most of my characters are still leveling or doing official quests so I don't just hang out in the Seige area and grind away for vouchers either. I actually prefer to play liner player content rather than participate in the endless loop of farming, but that's just my peference.

Players in a guild will see occasional Dragon Coffers and Stronghold vouchers drop during the Seige events in addition to the EP, Coins and Copper, but players not in a guild only get the occasional Dragon Coffer drop (EP Coins and Copper)... Is that right?
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Hi

Its definitely 100% RNG based and not in favour of everyone thats for sure

1: GWF 1239 vouchers so far - 19 hours total farmed
    2: SW 91 3 hours farming
    3: HR 45 3 hours farming

I have noticed with GWF Hidden daggers if i kill 5 targets with one attack i can get 3-4-5 vouchers dropping at once

4 assassin drakes at the front barricade for example and the 5 cultists before them

then again in 3-4 years of playing NW I have never got anything good from keys or got one Legendary ring from TOTG/POM OVER 200 RUNS - so yah.. gotta LOVE/HATE RNG
  • hroya#2189 hroya Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    The only thing that bothers me most with the "slight" reduction is that i am somewhat forced to participate in killing as many as fast as possible in hopes to get a decent number of vouchers to assist the guild. This makes me compete for mobs much more than in the previous edition.

I spend less time running up to pick up drops and that makes me go for the next target faster. Would i need to spend time to run up and collect drops than that would give others more time to get their targets.

With my HR it goes so fast that i most times didnt even notice the mellee player who was heading for those mobs.
    I like to collect vouchers to assist the guild but it feels much more that you are ruining someones effort in this installment compared to the previous one.

A reason why i dont even bother going there every day.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    null

Sorry, can't quote. Someone above asked whether I was solo or in a group. I typically run dailies solo. I find they go significantly faster when I'm not in a party.

The only thing that bothers me most with the "slight" reduction is that i am somewhat forced to participate in killing as many as fast as possible in hopes to get a decent number of vouchers to assist the guild. This makes me compete for mobs much more than in the previous edition.

Agreed. I try to find a mostly empty instance for voucher farming. If you're not BIS-ish, you need a fuller instance to get the two HE's done. Suggestion - get your two HE's when you first go in then if you feel like farming, switch to an emptier instance.

Celebration of Lliira and some of the summer events... Those are just disgusting.

The key to the whole thing being miserable is the broken scaling that I complain about almost monthly. I watched today as an HR laid down Cordon and the mobs died before actually being fully materialized. The same happens with Icy Terrain. Bring back the pre-mod 6 scaling with a few tweaks and these things may be fun.

I'm not sure how a new player could enjoy some of these events given how fast established toons can melt them. I used to enjoy farming them back when there was a degree of challenge. I know the devs have a lot on their list. Hopefully, another look at event scaling is somewhere on there. Maybe their announced work on buff/debuff power creep will help.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Agreed. I try to find a mostly empty instance for voucher farming. If you're not BIS-ish, you need a fuller instance to get the two HE's done. Suggestion - get your two HE's when you first go in then if you feel like farming, switch to an emptier instance.

Celebration of Lliira and some of the summer events... Those are just disgusting.

The key to the whole thing being miserable is the broken scaling that I complain about almost monthly. I watched today as an HR laid down Cordon and the mobs died before actually being fully materialized. The same happens with Icy Terrain. Bring back the pre-mod 6 scaling with a few tweaks and these things may be fun.

I'm not sure how a new player could enjoy some of these events given how fast established toons can melt them. I used to enjoy farming them back when there was a degree of challenge. I know the devs have a lot on their list. Hopefully, another look at event scaling is somewhere on there. Maybe their announced work on buff/debuff power creep will help.
    New toons are farming fast exp to level 60 because of the scaling. 60+ and fresh 70 players don't have much reason to bother with it outside of finishing the quest once a day for the banner.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    urabask said:

New toons are farming fast exp to level 60 because of the scaling. 60+ and fresh 70 players don't have much reason to bother with it outside of finishing the quest once a day for the banner.

Is that still the case this time (to the extent it was last time)? Someone mentioned that the XP scaling was improved this time around but I didn't confirm it myself.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

urabask said:

Is that still the case this time (to the extent it was last time)? Someone mentioned that the XP scaling was improved this time around but I didn't confirm it myself.

Tbh all my toons are 70 so I wouldn't know. Still see calls for HEs/dragons in chat so I assumed it's about the same.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    urabask said:

Still see calls for HEs/dragons in chat so I assumed it's about the same.

HEs can drop supplies and medals of valor directly too. More of those = more rewards. Very RNG though.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    So I read the first 2-3 posts and skipped here to the end to give my experience so far with the adjusted drop rate.

I farmed for hours and I mean hours. I took a GWF through for approx 2 hours straight. Running the circle, smashing small HEs and switching instances. I was able to steady pickup vouchers without noticing ANY reduction in drop rate. I picked up approx 50-60 vouchers putting me right around kvet's average of 1 every 2 mins.

Now the funny thing about that was when the drops stopped they completely stopped! Not another voucher would come. I switched toons ran for 15 mins with 0 drops. Walked away for an hour or two, came back and it started all over again dropping great.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

So I read the first 2-3 posts and skipped here to the end to give my experience so far with the adjusted drop rate.

I farmed for hours and I mean hours. I took a GWF through for approx 2 hours straight. Running the circle, smashing small HEs and switching instances. I was able to steady pickup vouchers without noticing ANY reduction in drop rate. I picked up approx 50-60 vouchers putting me right around kvet's average of 1 every 2 mins.

Now the funny thing about that was when the drops stopped they completely stopped! Not another voucher would come. I switched toons ran for 15 mins with 0 drops. Walked away for an hour or two, came back and it started all over again dropping great.

Interesting and good to know...

Thanks for posting.
    DD~