test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XP Overflow really need Updates ASAP!

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
what the heck with 10x companions xp books had to do with my leveling up?, while my pets are capped and they need upgrade tokens.

oh yeah, when i clicked, it crash me out of server.

Comments

• aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    At the very least, make those things discardable.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    To me the 4 R5 enchantments you get is equally unrewarding. Actually the only time I feel rewarded is when I get 30K RAD and the odd Power Point. This, along with the invoking coins rewards, needs a massive overhaul. But then again I guess it's on par with the HAMSTER rewards you get for finishing CN/FBI etc.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • shadowskysunshadowskysun Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The overflow reward should consists of 3 parts:
    1. one Power Point until you hit the limit
    2. a random number of R7 enchantments, with a small chance of getting a lesser armor/weapon enchantment
    3. a random (10-30k) amount of AD
    and those enchantments could be tied to events or seasonal times...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

The overflow reward should consists of 3 parts:

1. one Power Point until you hit the limit

2. a random number of R7 enchantments, with a small chance of getting a lesser armor/weapon enchantment

3. a random (10-30k) amount of AD

and those enchantments could be tied to events or seasonal times...

Hmmm! I never received less than 30K AD.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    aulduron said:

At the very least, make those things discardable.

What is not discardable in overflow XP reward?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    The companion xp books.
    aulduron said:

The companion xp books.

Yes, you are correct. They cannot be discarded but you can just double click it to consume that for nothing for a fully upgraded companion.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    personally what i believe, it would have one choice of several optional "gifts" when reaching end of each XP overflow bar.

choice of...
    1. 1 power point token
    2. choice of 1 blood ruby or 3 black opals, or other randomly gems.
    3. 1-2 mixed enchants/runestone rank 7s/if lucky random get rank 8s or super rare 9s
    4. 1 limited Superior per month, bounded.
    5. 1 limited C-ward per month, bounded.
    6. any of your ideas in here
    care for any ideas?

we dont need any, ANY companion items, they should go to new concept of Companion missions just like STO's duty officer missions, and they should earn some small amount of upgrade tokens and chance of to get companion gears. Since gateway got removed.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Its one of many things they did not adjust when they changed the lvl cap to 70. So much of the game is still rewarding as if we still had the lvl 60 cap, and has never been updated.

They did adjust it for the level increase, which replaced the old peridots and aquamarines with sapphires and opals, upgraded the enchant ranks, and increased the amount of AD.

They made those adjustments prior to making it take substantially longer to fill your overflow bar though, so the end result is still really unsatisfying. The upgrade felt fine when those rewards were arriving more frequently, but not so much now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2016
    These days I have 2 sets of gear (with utility slots). One set is for play. One set is for getting quest reward and leadership reward. The XP gear is filled with the highest/cheapest azure enchantment I can spare (usually the account bound r7 from Quartermaster bag) and also the XP underwear and SH XP boon. I got overflow XP filled up for each toon from 2 to 4 days. I am hunting for 45K payout (30K AD + bonus).
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Overflow XP rewards should include wards in their loot table. Even if the drop rate is very low, comparable to those in Celestial Coffers. That's a way of rewarding players for actually playing, while also allowing players to "level up" their enchantments and artifact gear.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5

Overflow XP rewards should include wards in their loot table. Even if the drop rate is very low, comparable to those in Celestial Coffers. That's a way of rewarding players for actually playing, while also allowing players to "level up" their enchantments and artifact gear.

I like to have c-ward too. However, getting overflow XP does not mean you are actually playing. You get XP from invocation and leadership without actually killing anything or completing any quest.
    there should be 1 per month limits to preventing abuse of XP overflow if someone using "combat bots" to speed up overflow XP process, and items should be BtC, since that character earned and shouldnt be able to trade or sell.

but i see a potiental abuses and possible of loses to thievery if they attempt to "offer" a sale to upgrade other players' gemstones by con jobs. just avoid them, we all can get one a month choices then we dont need those crooks baiting for upgrade scams.
    since the ADs cant be used in trades, and limited options to be scammed if they introduce "cosignment panel" as secured crafting/upgrade mode with other player, just like EQ2's crafter quest series, "Proof is in Pudding" series, it was designed to prevent crooks in games. it helps to eliminate unwanted bounded items/marks in inventory bags.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    If you could only get one overflow per month, that's absolute bullhamsters for anyone who is legitimately earning that much XP. People who only play one character. People who spend a bajillion hours grinding. Anyone running through Maze Engine quests either for the campaign or for transmute unlocks (the turn-ins for those fill the bar fast).

If the devs suddenly decided they didn't want you to get XP from invoking and leadership anymore because oh noes rewards earned passively are RUINING THE GAME, they could nerf those sources directly to more targeted effect. And eliminate yet another major category of rewards from systems they designed that way in the first place, but that never stopped them before.

Personally, I think they could double all the XP rewards from Leadership straight across the board to no ill effect, at least with the way things are now.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2016
    Gee! I was playing one character, a SW. I played her in the past 4 days and got 3 XP overflow. Are you saying I am a bot?
    For the character I play (as doing quests, dungeons), he/she gets XP overflow in 2 days in average.
    Yes, I need to idle some "active" toons time to time and switch to another one so that they can accumulate at least 20K AD bonus before I attempt to open the XP overflow reward.
    no, that not what i mean, sorry for confusing.
    i mean 1 choice prize, if you selected C-ward for example, that is 1 time per month, and if you get another overflow, you have to select other items.

if ARC thinks it is too easy to get, they could make "ward tokens" only used for trade-ins, 1 token could get 5 p-wards, or save up to 3 tokens and trade in for a C-ward.

please check my other post in this topic, dated oct 10 above.
    you can still add some ideas if my list seem too small.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    To me, the XP overflow reward should just be a guaranteed amount of a new currency. They like that in this game anyway. Call it Champion Coin or whatever. This can then be spent at a shop which sells everything. PvE gear, PvP gear, ADs, Linus and other campaign currency stashes, Stronghold Vouchers, every form of enchantment and wards, mounts including purples and orange qualities, companions and companion gear, fashion items, dyes, dungeon keys, lock box keys, the works.

By simply doing that, people can then play the content they want to play and still be rewarded with the items they want for it.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
    yes, Linu's Favor could be added as new other choice if they want it.
    mark down as 7th on the list for Linu's Favor and other "zone tokens".
    but please not those vouchers, it too common if you using from professions, unless if they are upper epic or legendary.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    wylonus said:

yes, Linu's Favor could be added as new other choice if they want it.
    mark down as 7th on the list for Linu's Favor and other "zone tokens".
    but please not those vouchers, it too common if you using from professions, unless if they are upper epic or legendary.

Well if it's a shop it can be all of the above, maybe even with boxes that contain 10x or 100x of blues or purples etc. Just has to be priced to be competitive with the other options or no one will ever buy it. :smile:
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • shadowskysunshadowskysun Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    yeah, they will come up with a handfull of currencies you can get from the new overflow, that will of course end up in your bags.
    enjoy... >:)
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    wylonus said:

personally what i believe, it would have one choice of several optional "gifts" when reaching end of each XP overflow bar.

choice of...
    4. 1 limited Superior per month, bounded.
    5. 1 limited C-ward per month, bounded.

I like it, except, I still see way too many bot issues with it. I think they need to start introducing account limitations into the game... may 2 per account per month, or maybe make them "character bound" and anything refined with them also comes out character bound so it can't be sold. Good way for new players to catch up, horrible way to make a profit off of it.

that cool, keep up for discussions for newer ideas, i do like to hear others' new ideas, unfortunely, devs had other plans or not reading every topics we posted, just seem selective.
  • akita#8849 akita Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

To me the 4 R5 enchantments you get is equally unrewarding. Actually the only time I feel rewarded is when I get 30K RAD and the odd Power Point. This, along with the invoking coins rewards, needs a massive overhaul. But then again I guess it's on par with the HAMSTER rewards you get for finishing CN/FBI etc.

you get 4? I only get TWO- and that is just a slap in the face everytime.
    good thing I accept my own massochism

lirithiel said:

you get 4? I only get TWO- and that is just a slap in the face everytime.
    good thing I accept my own massochism

You probably got 4 but with 2 types. e.g. 2 dark and 2 Azure.