test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Premade(5 man) Queue event?

kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
We already had solo and duo q events, can we have event with 5 man queue? So full premades won't get random or semi-random(2+3 players) teams against.
Harding Grim
Guild:
Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
Drider Server- TheWolves
youtube channel

Comments

• drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    w
    kaudilho said:

We already had solo and duo q events, can we have event with 5 man queue? So full premades won't get random or semi-random(2+3 players) teams against.

Lord, I hope so. It would be nice to be able to PvP without bumping into premades. Even if it is only for a week :/
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    LOL... you think that they would enter a 5 man premade queue? Most of the GOOD PvPers will not even enter a premade... unless they have a planned fight with another premade. The others, despite what they say... enjoy stomping weaker players and capitalizing on the Lynch Mob mentality.

"Why should one of us kill you when we all can?"

It has gotten to the point that most GOOD PuG PvPers will not leave the Spawn... when facing a premade. there is absolutley no reason to. Many of them will not honour a GG; many of them just want to stomp everyone into the ground.

I have been lucky enough to be on pug teams that were geared and skilled enough... to take down a premade. It has happened on more than one occasion... vs a few different PvP guilds.

To answer your question... if they can exploit a way to abuse they will. Forcing them into a premade 5 man queue will not make it better. FFS... there were guilds who were syncing the queue pops in the duo queue.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

LOL... you think that they would enter a 5 man premade queue? Most of the GOOD PvPers will not even enter a premade... unless they have a planned fight with another premade. The others, despite what they say... enjoy stomping weaker players and capitalizing on the Lynch Mob mentality.

"Why should one of us kill you when we all can?"

It has gotten to the point that most GOOD PuG PvPers will not leave the Spawn... when facing a premade. there is absolutley no reason to. Many of them will not honour a GG; many of them just want to stomp everyone into the ground.

I have been lucky enough to be on pug teams that were geared and skilled enough... to take down a premade. It has happened on more than one occasion... vs a few different PvP guilds.

To answer your question... if they can exploit a way to abuse they will. Forcing them into a premade 5 man queue will not make it better. FFS... there were guilds who were syncing the queue pops in the duo queue.

I'm speaking not from the face of ppl that going solo(even though i run solo very often), but from face of ppl that run premades. Here comes another problem that there is not much premades running , and if this type of queue(5 man) not gonna pop they will pick normal one.In this case you can blame them for stomping and you will be 100% right.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Just cleaned the thread of flaming by multiple people. Please keep the guild drama off these forums. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

That is true....randoms facing a premade is a 7 mins wasted for 10 ppl, no reason to go out of the spawn and get deaths or even worst, being chased until someone farms a kill from you. Better stay in the camp, get bullied and called coward for not going down and wait to be kicked out of the match. Even if your team dare to face the premade, the match ends in no more than 3 mins, you realize that when the 5 members of your party are all dead at the same time.
    drkbodhi said:

This also happens, but when it does is maybe 1 in 50 matches.

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    no more spending time on useless events. rather fix system asap. Premade lobby que and solo que should be implemented at the same time and introduced with fishing mode
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    premade lobby queue, solo queue and matchmaking only as rainbows !!
  • sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    rhodah said:

This +1 +1 +1 +1
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited October 2016

rhodah said:

This +1 +1 +1 +1
    This is great but I honestly wouldn't mind if they just matched solo que people up completely randomly, no class requirements or anything.

But at the same time make sure it doesn't give preferential treatment to people that are friends, in the same guild or alliance to be on the same team.

This would certainly help games que faster and easier. That and you get to fight different comps and become better. At least this is how I see it.

As for the the topic at hand.. they definetly need to just make it official and make a 5v5 premade que system so you can avoid pugs. I know alot of people who say they don't want to fight pug groups and this will make them live up to what they were saying. Should be interesting if it ever becomes a thing.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

As for the the topic at hand.. they definetly need to just make it official and make a 5v5 premade que system so you can avoid pugs. I know alot of people who say they don't want to fight pug groups and this will make them live up to what they were saying. Should be interesting if it ever becomes a thing.

I dont know if this fixes the problem. The PVP population in this game is the problem. Not this current issue of premades versus PUGs. Why do I say this? Because years ago when this game first came out. There were 100x the number of premades running around in PVP. But you didnt see threads pop up about how premades were unfair. Why? Because PUG teams could beat premade teams and with frequency too! The issue isnt permades its gear gap.

Many times when you DO get against premades you dont stand a chance, because you get PUGs with 3k Ilevel, against premade with 4k+ ilevel on each player. The issue ISNT its a premade, its that any ONE of their players could likely 3v1 or 4v1 nearly your entire team.

Another reason I dislike this idea TODAY in NW is because the population is already so small, you will divide it even further. Creating this new "Que" will just result in the frustration of premades and it will result in NOONE wanting to run premades anymore. You might think "problem solved!" but truth be told a premade is the pinnacle of the game. The "top players" against "top players" what PVP is fundamentally built on. Doing this, kills premades and thus kills players who care about premades which results in more people quitting the game once a premade sits in que for 2 hours with no pop.

So why not address the source of the issue? The GEAR GAP. I wrote a detailed post about why this is the issue here:http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1223273/the-real-issue-with-pvp-and-what-cryptic-can-do-to-fix-it-it-isnt-premades

If you want to fix PVP, it starts there. Not with "new Que system".
  • crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I agree with ayroux. How many players are going to benefit from this event? 100? I don't think Cryptic is going to make an event for 100 users.
  • killzone#4968 killzone Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    at this point tenecity for a new player literally means nothing,

maybe a tier system would work different tiers EG at 70

tier 1 2000 ilvl (and tenacity equivelent for the level) no one higher is allowed in that bracket gear cant be switched in game.

tier 2 3000 ilvl (and tenacity equivelent for the level)no one higher is allowed in that bracket gear cant be switched in game.

this sort of thing as then tenacity is at a set level for all, item level is averaging the same for everyone and its boils more down to skill and teamwork then what gear you have and fighting wayy lower geared people.

i know there's alot more to it then that but you get where im going.
    That's not true. Tenacity for new players mean a lot, its just that they aren't stacking enough of it. Tenacity also isn't the end all be all, you also need to stack HP and all the healing boons/weapons/artifacts.
    but it doesnt mean alot when you have an entire team with ten times your stats/weapons and gear it may help you live a few seconds longer thats about all? i have tenecity bits and v's those guys it doesnt make any difference at all i have the epic head,gloves,boots and others not the best epic set but well the chances of me getting 17k honor once no matter about 4-6 times over is next to impossible at this stage, the teir system i suggested atleast puts you in with people around your ilvl making it more about skills and teamwork.
    I would LOVE a tier system as well unfortunately I think Cryptic will not do it because there aren't enough players in the game to further segregate them. I think giving everyone some form of having the same stats is the only feasible solution.
    edited December 2016
    A premade only que would be awesome! It would give the people that "supposedly" want it what they "supposedly" want. And a solo que playlist where its actually solo with ZERO chance of q syncing it or being favored by guild or alliance affiliations would be great too.

These two things I suggest above would give both people what they REALLY want. If your tired of fighting premades you go to the solo que playlist and if you want que as a 5 man YOU KNOW you'll only get a premade. We will see how many good pvpers quit after that lol.

Its not only a gear issue its people abusing the system of q syncing solo que, being super competitive and only playing as premades.. which im not knocking well because we all want to win of course.... but there is no reason to internet bully solo people lol. That only makes them want to pvp less which in-turn kills pvp even further and they que up less often. Which is exactly how we got here with a SUPER TINY pvp population.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • toporoktoporok Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    +1 to rainbow comps

One of the biggest issues I see in premade groups is the use of overperfoming classes, most premades are running either 2 hrs (combat/trapper), 2 Trs (se) or 2 Gfs, these three are the most dominating classes because of piercing and massive encounter damage, yet they are the hardest to kill, perma shield or excellent dodge with steath and unreal deflection. I only have seen one guild running a true rainbow comp, while I am not a big fan of that guild at least they do it right.
    @trentbail21, Do you really think premade groups like having to queue up for a 30 second match and just sit around because the pugs called gg?

@trentbail21, Do you really think premade groups like having to queue up for a 30 second match and just sit around because the pugs called gg?

Yes. Because during that 30 seconds the premade group gets 10 - 15 kills and risks zero deaths. & at the end of the match they still get top tier rewards. If they run against another premade group, they have a 50-50 chance of losing.

edited December 2016
    just been in a game lol where there was a premade group v's randoms on my team BUT 2 of those on my team where very well geared and the premade avoided them like the plague again!, these 2 players on my team had to chase them around to kill them the entire game so idecided to have some fun i stood capping while the premade rushed me and got slaughtered by our TWO!.

for the record i have no problem or complaint being a lure if only to see an entire super skilled i dont kill noobs premade get stomped.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Rainbow comps AND no more than one designated healer-spec (DC and ODP). PvP gets a bit ridiculous with 2 faithful DCs, for example.

@trentbail21 I agree conceptually. I've seen the real colors of those who claim to be interested only in competition... Don't think I need to say more about that to anyone on here.

Cryptic is worried about splitting the PvP community into even smaller slices.

Instead, Cryptic should be focused on improving the PvP experience, bugs, broken mechanics, queue system, gear gap, maps, and leaderboard to increase the PvP population. It's not just one issue of 'gear gap' or 'premades' plaguing PvP in this game, its cumulative. Solo queuing into a game vs a premade is bad, but so is having 120k HP while getting 160k dunked by an attack that ignores game mechanics. Just check out all the threads on it, haha! In many scenarios, if you do not have a single specific armor enchantment (Trans Elven Battle) youre dead on arrival.

Lastly, it also takes a strong, dedicated effort on Cryptic's end to decide to do something about it.
    edited December 2016
    > @drewhayes said:
    > @trentbail21, Do you really think premade groups like having to queue up for a 30 second match and just sit around because the pugs called gg?
    >
    > Yes. Because during that 30 seconds the premade group gets 10 - 15 kills and risks zero deaths. & at the end of the match they still get top tier rewards. If they run against another premade group, they have a 50-50 chance of losing.

I'm pretty sure the number of kills is usually much less than 10. Maybe you meant 10-15 minutes of standing around and trading caps?

I know where you're coming from but you're completely wrong. Premades do not want to fight pugs, they want to fight other premades who have a worse comp and slightly less skill than them so it still provides challenge.
    @crowdsourced

Thats what they tell you crowdsourced but 90% of them just want to fight pugs. This is why you get people that que sync solo que and act like jerks to pug solo players in regular dom que. They say they want good games then they do this stuff. If you can't see my point im not sure what to tell you.

> @drewhayes said:

> @trentbail21, Do you really think premade groups like having to queue up for a 30 second match and just sit around because the pugs called gg?

>

> Yes. Because during that 30 seconds the premade group gets 10 - 15 kills and risks zero deaths. & at the end of the match they still get top tier rewards. If they run against another premade group, they have a 50-50 chance of losing.

I'm pretty sure the number of kills is usually much less than 10. Maybe you meant 10-15 minutes of standing around and trading caps?

I know where you're coming from but you're completely wrong. Premades do not want to fight pugs, they want to fight other premades who have a worse comp and slightly less skill than them so it still provides challenge.

I am a pug player. Outside of the solo-queue events, when I get matched with a premade team I can easily get one-shot two or three times before someone calls "GG." Since a ingle premade team player can hold a node against a whole team, that is 10 - 15 kills. A match between relatively matched teams might last 10 - 15 mins., but once the other team holds two nodes uncontested
    & only allow you to use your home node to cap, it usually only takes 5 mins to finish the match.
    edited December 2016
    > @trentbail21 said:
    > @crowdsourced
    >
    > Thats what they tell you crowdsourced but 90% of them just want to fight pugs. This is why you get people that que sync solo que and act like jerks to pug solo players in regular dom que. They say they want good games then they do this stuff. If you can't see my point im not sure what to tell you.

They act like jerks because this is a video game and they have the power of anonymity and lack of consequence. I do see your point, they want a good game where they win, but not in a one minute match where they have to stand around for 15 minutes trading caps. This isn't 2014 anymore where the pugs put up a good fight and they can enjoy killing people. Most PVP guilds respect the rule of GG and stop fighting. They want to fight a 4-man PVP group or another full premade with a bad composition and lesser talented players.

> @trentbail21 said:

> @crowdsourced

>

> Thats what they tell you crowdsourced but 90% of them just want to fight pugs. This is why you get people that que sync solo que and act like jerks to pug solo players in regular dom que. They say they want good games then they do this stuff. If you can't see my point im not sure what to tell you.

They act like jerks because this is a video game and they have the power of anonymity and lack of consequence. I do see your point, they want a good game where they win, but not in a one minute match where they have to stand around for 15 minutes trading caps. This isn't 2014 anymore where the pugs put up a good fight and they can enjoy killing people. Most PVP guilds respect the rule of GG and stop fighting. They want to fight a 4-man PVP group or another full premade with a bad composition and lesser talented players.

The pugs don't put up a fight because we CAN'T fight back. The gear gap is too severe. When I face a premade, I run to node 2 with the rest of my team & get one-shot. Then I res & do it again. Rinse & repeat a few times. After one of the opposing team takes our home node we all go after the one guy sitting there. By the time i re-spawn, my whole team is dead. "GG" There is no way to fight that.

BTW, most PvP guilds DO repect "GG"... but not for the reasons that you think. If the premades don't respect "GG", there are no rewards. If the pug players don't get SOME rewards, there is no way to get "better" at PvP. No rewards = no point, & they really don't want the pugs to give up completely. If the pugs go away, the premades will have to fight each other. When 2 premade teams fight, one of them loses.

> @drewhayes said:
    > > @trentbail21 said:
    >
    > > @crowdsourced
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Thats what they tell you crowdsourced but 90% of them just want to fight pugs. This is why you get people that que sync solo que and act like jerks to pug solo players in regular dom que. They say they want good games then they do this stuff. If you can't see my point im not sure what to tell you.
    >
    >
    >
    > They act like jerks because this is a video game and they have the power of anonymity and lack of consequence. I do see your point, they want a good game where they win, but not in a one minute match where they have to stand around for 15 minutes trading caps. This isn't 2014 anymore where the pugs put up a good fight and they can enjoy killing people. Most PVP guilds respect the rule of GG and stop fighting. They want to fight a 4-man PVP group or another full premade with a bad composition and lesser talented players.
    >
    > The pugs don't put up a fight because we CAN'T fight back. The gear gap is too severe. When I face a premade, I run to node 2 with the rest of my team & get one-shot. Then I res & do it again. Rinse & repeat a few times. After one of the opposing team takes our home node we all go after the one guy sitting there. By the time i re-spawn, my whole team is dead. "GG" There is no way to fight that.
    >
    > BTW, most PvP guilds DO repect "GG"... but not for the reasons that you think. If the premades don't respect "GG", there are no rewards. If the pug players don't get SOME rewards, there is no way to get "better" at PvP. No rewards = no point, & they really don't want the pugs to give up completely. If the pugs go away, the premades will have to fight each other. When 2 premade teams fight, one of them loses.

Agree with all of your points except for the last one. Premades want to face weaker premades. They do not want to face complete pugs.
    edited December 2016
    @crowdsourced @drewhayes

Pc experience must be very different then the console experience of neverwinter. There is no such system of calling "GG" and the fighting stops. Only my friends let pugs cap flags. Everyone else just campfires them and makes them rage quit.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    ^ exactly what @trentbail21 said... and if you ask for 1v1 and start destroying the opponent, you'll soon get 1v5d :)