test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Yelled at by my own team for killing enemy player in pvp...

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
edited October 2016 in PvP Discussion
So just in... I was yelled at by my team membees for killing a cw in a pvp domination map.

We had a score of under 500

Team said get 600 points and just let time tick...

Wtf... I want to text combinations and skills not trade bases..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

So just in... I was yelled at by my team membees for killing a cw in a pvp domination map.

We had a score of under 500

Team said get 600 points and just let time tick...

Wtf... I want to text combinations and skills not trade bases..

I suspect that match is rigged.
  • hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    That sounds like a match where GG(good game) was called already.What they wanted was to let the CW get enough points for the glory reward from a lose(600).In situations like that,where no one is fighting,check the leader board to see how much each person has in points.After everyone has their points,ask for 1v1 or 2v1 to test yourself.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    When a match is a clear loss, the losing team will call "GG" (good game). At that point, fighting stops. The winning team allows the losers to cap at one point until everyone has at least 600 points - the min required to get some reward from the match.

After that, the winning team holds all points so the match can expire faster.

Typically, 1 on 1 challenges are issued now, so if you want to test rotations or keep fighting, that's ok as long as your opponent agrees and you go fight away from the points and away from others folks.

You need to abide by GG calls - If you don't, the other team will farmkill you in response, generally while your team does nothing to help you. I personally support GG calls - the alternative is standing at the spawn fire and getting no rewards for one-sided matches (which make up most matches for those of us not in pvp guilds that run BiS premades).
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    That would be all and well... but I play with zone chat off. So I didn't see any notifications. I was just in a battle with their gf and paladin 3 seconds earlier.
    I saw no notifications in say chat
    I saw no notifications in party chat
    I only saw my team members cussing me out for killing a cw.

After the match I turned on zone chat tab and saw the cw had called me an idiot in zone chat. After that I saw the text of my team members cussing me out.

No gg was called.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    So, someone... yelled and you made thread about it?
    200_s.gif
  • ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    and this is why no one goes pvp
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Well, if no GG was called then don't worry about it. I never pvp with zone on - actually I don't play with zone on at all. If there was no GG call, then to heck with the silly pugs on your team. One thing for sure - you need a thick skin in pvp, there's a lot of very childish <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in there. The only time I get my back up is when someone is being particular vulgar, especially about my family. I screenshot and report that. But ppl can call me names all they want - doesn't bother me. It's what the /ignore feature is good for.
  • sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    If it is a clear win I just stop attacking in general the other team doesn't even have to call gg. They usually see me not attacking and just walk right past me and cap which I want to happen.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    kvet said:

When a match is a clear loss, the losing team will call "GG" (good game). At that point, fighting stops. The winning team allows the losers to cap at one point until everyone has at least 600 points - the min required to get some reward from the match.

Typically, 1 on 1 challenges are issued now, so if you want to test rotations or keep fighting, that's ok as long as your opponent agrees and you go fight away from the points and away from others folks.

You need to abide by GG calls - If you don't, the other team will farmkill you in response, generally while your team does nothing to help you. I personally support GG calls - the alternative is standing at the spawn fire and getting no rewards for one-sided matches (which make up most matches for those of us not in pvp guilds that run BiS premades).

This is probably the single most best post I've read so far.
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User

That would be all and well... but I play with zone chat off. So I didn't see any notifications. I was just in a battle with their gf and paladin 3 seconds earlier.

I saw no notifications in say chat

I saw no notifications in party chat

I only saw my team members cussing me out for killing a cw.

After the match I turned on zone chat tab and saw the cw had called me an idiot in zone chat. After that I saw the text of my team members cussing me out.

No gg was called.

kvet said:

To be fair, I have seen this happen a few times recently. Especially in or just after the solo/duo queue tests, but outsid ethat as well. Once one team reaches the halfway point, if the other team is at a clear disadvantage, the whole thing stops, but no "GG" is called. I also have been KITTEN'd out for not stopping in the middle of a fight. The only response I could make was, " sorry, I didn't see any "GG".

On the other hand... I have seen a "GG" called in the middle of a node contest. I stopped fighting, & was immediately reset, with extreme prejudice by 2 members of the opposing team. Le Sigh.

Welcome to the new normal of PvP... El Snafu strikes again.

• ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    even if a gg is not called, dont attack or worst, kill an afk, just sayin'.
  • pepe#7131 pepe Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    What domination (as it is now) needs is beer. So we can sit down and have a pint with an enemy.

It's much more rewarding (as it is now) than actually fighting in there.

Whole Domination (as it is now) could be replaced by a Gimme-Astrals button. So we could press that button and get our astrals.

Sorry for being sarcastic, mates (as I am now). I might get better after seeing Domination rewarding system reworked.

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    GG is wrong way of speaking in first place. Means good game and no i will not call gg to surrender.
    2nd i will not ask gg i have eyes to see who can play who stopped playing who is weak who is not.
    NOT like some premades have the complex from pm vs pm immortality and when they find you with a weak team they are going 5vs1 on a non moving character:)
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2016

f you are not able to do it, there is 3 options:

2. Gear up and go to PvP once you think you can compete

lol how do you expect people to get glory to even get their gear if you are holding them at 0 points the whole game?
    1. I'm not against GG for surrender, though I don't use it. It gets very frustrating when someone on my team calls it way early in the match.

2. There is tradebar gear, zen gear and adamant gear that can be bought outright. I don't thnk the blue gear (either guild or AH) is worth spitting on.

3. I don't think players should have to be hazed for umpteen matches to get reasonable gear. I'd rather tenacity was on the toon instead.
    I would like to see a pvp match that is won by most kills than by most captured node points.... first team to 100 kills wins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

There is no such thing as "gg" to surrender. (which actually means good game, what I expect to see if a match goes like 1k - 900+)

It's PvP, player vs player, if you don't want to fight, don't queue for it. You have to expect to get killed in pvp. Stay at campfire or leave the map if you care so much about your k/d ratio.

Why should I give anyone the 400 needed points for a REWARD if s/he calls gg right at the start. Reward implies for me something you have worked for, means in pvp, you do your job: cap & kill. If you are not able to do it, there is 3 options:

1. Try it next match again.

2. Gear up and go to PvP once you think you can compete

3. Cap your 36k daily ADs by doing PvE

My personal opinion, if you don't like it, guess who gives a HAMSTER? ;)

GG is wrong way of speaking in first place. Means good game and no i will not call gg to surrender.
    2nd i will not ask gg i have eyes to see who can play who stopped playing who is weak who is not.
    NOT like some premades have the complex from pm vs pm immortality and when they find you with a weak team they are going 5vs1 on a non moving character:)

is it a "good game" when you are up against a team that can hold each node with one player against your entire team? Is It a "good game" when you have to fight 5 - 10 such teams just to get the 1 win you need? Most of the PUG's would much rather be out in PVE. Unfortunately many of us have to PvP for our quild requirements. Most of us know we're never gonna be able to earn enuff glory rewards to buy any useful PvP gearz. But we keep plugging away, humiliating ourselves, so our guilds can keep growing.

Domination is not the fastest & least painful way to do this. It is the only way. Gauntylgrym is dead, thanks to the roflstomp. SH siege is dead because of the lag. What is left? If you take the "GG"/cap for points away, how long will Domination last? How long before the queue times are back to an hour? 90 mins.? Once per week?

• szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User

Gauntylgrym is dead, thanks to the roflstomp. SH siege is dead because of the lag.

GG is dead because its not rewarding while PvP population is small and easier to engage 5vs5 domi. Guantlgrym had more phases in the past and allowed people run 2 dungeons for sellable drops. There was more rolfstomps than now because strong pvp guilds were mostly one-sided and yet, lots of people ran it. SH siege is dead because of owlbear cub, lag and LM set being outdated vs warborn or prestige.
    200_s.gif
    I was on the node....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    @goodyearbadday

IWD pvp first phase victory can also be used for conqueror shards farming, assuming those are what you are after, and that you're actually inside the pvp area when that phase ends. Sure, it's usually a long wait for it to pop, but once you've seen it once in an instance, it's a bit easier to farm, even on multiple characters, at least if you have your guild backing you up. It resets 60 minutes after 2nd phase ends in DV, 90 minutes in IWP, assuming the instance doesn't close down between spawns, and that you can actually make it back to the same instance #.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!