test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

COntrol wizard cc vs trickster rogue cc.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PvP Discussion
CONtrol wizard to achieve the maximum potential control he needs to play the opressor tree and lose many damage. ALso other trees can offer some cc with lower durations expect repel which require some skill and timing to hit teh right target when is not cc immune.
SO cw to be top controller need to be opressor.

WHile cw send the enemies out of the node tr stop the enemies to reach fast a node with courage breaker.
Courage breaker is the only daily in the game even if you dodge it or you block it will reduce your speed and your damage are two effects to the point you feel like someone hit you with stamina drain and much worse you cant even walk.
YOU can remove courage breaker only with oghma 60 seconds cooldown on mythic but the ratio to cast it again is much higher than the oghma cooldown. That thanks to ap gain artifacts the feature tactics gorgon or snail and sigil of devoted. Also after courage breaker cast and the smoke bomb and at this point you are a dummy rooted to one place unable to cast any skill.

ELven battle affect a lot the wizards while vs a tr is not effective on the control part. Maybe is good vs tr to dodge the incoming smoke bomb after courage breaker and avoid his attacks during courage breaker with
30% stamina regen.

ALSo tr has the best cc immunity frames in the game.
imposible to catch immunity to controls out of stealth. in stealth +50% damage resistance and deflecting any attack.
DUelist flurry during casting tr is immune to control.
HIGH deflection ratings that is build choice if a tr want to stack many deflection. Tr reaches with potion 85% deflection severity also and that means with high deflection chance he reduces the incoming damage on each deflected attack by 85% but also the control duration against him by 85%.

CW maybe has a shield which when is full broken gives 20% dr layer cannot pierced but once he get caught is a dead player since other than that we have no dr and also the class with the hardest deflection build since you need to put everything deflect and maybe to reach max 50% sacrificing other important stats.

NEgation enchantment on cw will end up vs a cc focus enemy the wizard to stay alive but be like an npc doing nothing than to survive.I am talking from personal expierence i have tested in the past and the spellstorm mage paragon with maelstorm it only helps to be alive until i get cc again;p break cc and then again cc me again.
SO elven is the option vs the full stun but here comes a courage breaker to mess that.

YOU Wearing an elven or not if you get courage breaker you are in the mercy of the stun lock because you dont have the mobility to avoid their cc dodge alone means nothing.

I Am writing this to see who is the true controler in pvp domination and that one is not the opressor but any tr with courage breaker. THE only cc you can counter only with an artifact 60 sec cooldown is the best cc thanks.

P.S. I am wizard with the shield protection and i have hard times vs that daily ( spamable with ap gain tr i guess end game tr) i can imagine for other class is more dangerous.
YEsterday i trapped on 2 node unable to do any rotation 2 tr on me spamming courage breaker;p .

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    morenthar said:

So you got caught in a 2 vs 1 vs TRs got shredded?

Isn't that supposed to happen?

How does that make their control any better than yours? ItC will be addressed soon as well as SE.

Now I will admit to hating Smoke Bomb. Not because it is unfair, it just mucks up node combat to an excessive degree.

Finally, any lack of control you are feeling is remedied by the indirect control you get via Repel.

Repel is like an ITC and you can still attack powerfully from range.

I only bring this up when a CW starts complaining, but Repel needs its cooldown increased.

a top ap gain tr can do it alone this. Courage breaker is an att will with the current status of daily powers.
    Courage breaker is the only power can slow you during cc immune and can break only with oghma which is not enough.
    REpel is an ability you can dodge it and deflect and resist it and block it and be immune to it with immunity spells.
    IF you get repel you can fight back and try to avoid it.
    IF you get courage breaker and you are out of the node you cant go back on it until the effect expires or your oghma is out of cooldown.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    OK... I read some words and stopped, because this thread is just a waste of time. Why are you trying to compare TR'ss CC to CW's? Tr has almost no CC at all, none of it is hard CC, everything is about daze and slows. Courage breaker? Sure, it's strong, but it's a daily, you have dailies that in general have way more CC than that and with a huge AOE.
    Also, don't solo a HAMSTER assassin class with a wizzard, that never works in any game, the assassin always wins because the wizzard is made for team play, not solo.
    Your post is basically, I died fast against a TR, this class is broken... No it's not, the game is, the class has nothing to do with it.
    brun2000 said:

OK... I read some words and stopped, because this thread is just a waste of time. Why are you trying to compare TR'ss CC to CW's? Tr has almost no CC at all, none of it is hard CC, everything is about daze and slows. Courage breaker? Sure, it's strong, but it's a daily, you have dailies that in general have way more CC than that and with a huge AOE.
    Also, don't solo a HAMSTER assassin class with a wizzard, that never works in any game, the assassin always wins because the wizzard is made for team play, not solo.
    Your post is basically, I died fast against a TR, this class is broken... No it's not, the game is, the class has nothing to do with it.

I Diddnt die because they were smart. IF they kill me i will escape courage breaker.
    AND i didnt include the word broken you did.
    i am saying also that repel is not so strong vs players they know how to counter it. 1. you can dodge it 2. you can be immune to repel through spells or artifacts. 3. you can resist repel stun.

AND going back to courage breaker is the only power in game which is control and debuff at the same time but system read both effects as debuff so it cant be cleared but somehow oghma can clear it.

GOING further? i am visible you can see everything i cast. you can see my slow icy storm another one easy dodge block. you can see my attempt to use choke hell wizards dodge my controls and me their.

AN invisible player coming from nowhere and lets say you see him if come so close you cant stop the courage breaker got it? dodge block cc immune doesnt work vs that power. THAT makes a tr the best controler in domination and at the same time is the best class to resist any control.

I dont understand why poeple mention repel if my enemy stands on the node and doesnt focus is not my fault if i use repel on him.
  • brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I Diddnt die because they were smart. IF they kill me i will escape courage breaker.
    i am saying also that repel is not so strong vs players they know how to counter it. 1. you can dodge it 2. you can be immune to repel through spells or artifacts. 3. you can resist repel stun.

AND going back to courage breaker is the only power in game which is control and debuff at the same time but system read both effects as debuff so it cant be cleared but somehow oghma can clear it.

GOING further? i am visible you can see everything i cast. you can see my slow icy storm another one easy dodge block. you can see my attempt to use choke hell wizards dodge my controls and me their.

AN invisible player coming from nowhere and lets say you see him if come so close you cant stop the courage breaker got it? dodge block cc immune doesnt work vs that power. THAT makes a tr the best controler in domination and at the same time is the best class to resist any control.

I dont understand why poeple mention repel if my enemy stands on the node and doesnt focus is not my fault if i use repel on him.

I know what you mean, it's unfair that many classes you can't even see them casting anything and with CW you can even predict castings with sound, however that's basically what makes a good player good, being able to react fast to others and counter attack. This is currently a problem not because the class can just break out of cc, but because the dvs decided to add so many dodges to classes, which I honestly don't aggree with, the 2 dodges were everything you need to do PVP and if you need more, you build arround that, now with 5, you can literally just predict all the encounters of a class and dodge them all.
    This is a game mechanic problem that was created because noobs were being stomped by good players and there is nothing that can be done to fix it right now.
    brun2000 said:

I know what you mean, it's unfair that many classes you can't even see them casting anything and with CW you can even predict castings with sound, however that's basically what makes a good player good, being able to react fast to others and counter attack. This is currently a problem not because the class can just break out of cc, but because the dvs decided to add so many dodges to classes, which I honestly don't aggree with, the 2 dodges were everything you need to do PVP and if you need more, you build arround that, now with 5, you can literally just predict all the encounters of a class and dodge them all.
    This is a game mechanic problem that was created because noobs were being stomped by good players and there is nothing that can be done to fix it right now.
    Exactly and with courage breaker you can hear the laughing sound but you know you will get slow dodge-block will not stop that only oghma every 60 seconds....
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Well, what i don't find fair vs a TR with a cc build is that a cb can be a " perma lock" in dominion. The part that i dislike more is that CB completly ignore the cc resistance stat, tenacity and elven, and thanks to that TR have one of the most powerfull cc in game.

I know at last 3 Bis TR that are able to CB at last 3 other player first that the effect of the CB on the first player is ended.
    True that they don't do any damage, they have a full cc/ap gain build, very usefull in pm vs pm .
    The CB last for full 19 seconds, tested in iwd ( i'm full wis, elven, and full cc resistance ), with their ap gain they can cast CB every 6 second.

I find ok the fact that SE ignore every DR , but that a CB ignore even the cc resistance too is really too much.

CC must be the area of CW, and all the cc effect of the cw are cutted in pvp, ( shatter strike for example work 80% less vs player, from 5 second to 1 second of stun, that will be reduced again from tenacity and cc resistance and elven )and most of our cc power work in the same way in dominion.

So why the CB don't work in the same way?CB must be reduced against player like for the CW cc, and must be reduced more by the cc resistance , tenacity and elven, like for all other cc in game.

And ofc, i find that the cd of repel must be increased, cw like is now is just a repel spam machine, and i will change that immedialty if only they will correct the main bug on glacial movement ( main feat of the oppressr tree ), if they will correct it, you will see a cw that will be able to really cc someone, not just a continuous repel spam.

• fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    The Control Wizard class need a rework , if you have played a cw at Bis level against other BIS classes it is very easy to understand that cws are not able to kill but only control - There should be two options at least dps/cc.

My main is cw but i dont play it alot anymore cause its just the weakest class in terms of dps in PVP.

Maybe oneday the devs will listen / test the cw class and realise how short the shortstick has been for us in terms of dps.

But its been a futile battle for years now. Sadly.
    edited October 2016
    uuuhmmm ...OK example : one of the best and oldest DPS cws in pvp is Deesee @ BIS lets say 4.25k and got wrecked over and over by Godfinder a 3.5k GF.

And you (@xsayajinx) have never been beaten by any CW.

Not trying to be condescending here BUT Go figure.
    Control Wizard needs a rework - That is the obvious Fact.

They are the weakest in terms of DPS in pvp and most squishy ..NOW THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE !!

Most DPS should be most squishy ... and vice versa

How did we get to this ?

The CW oppressor path is fair cause no dps but good CC.

But no DPS (path) configuration is viable for a cw atm.

Even as a BIS CW with DPS path you will die in one rotation from a BIS GF/GWF/TR or and HR spamming plant growth, CWs are also no match for a BIS SW which melts CW shield in few seconds with no effort at all... The END is always near for a CW

I mean ...why this unbalance ??

I don't really play my CW (fav class) anymore cause the class is broken and needs urgent attention.

Since Elven battle enchant was "fixed" it added to decreasing the damage from CW by 50-70% because cw damage comes from control/freezing opponents....

Example :

Entagling force now holds a player with elven for about 0.3 seconds LOL

Entangling force will normally hold for 2-4 seconds if player does not have elven battle.

Icey terrain - freezes a player without elven for 2-4 seconds

Icey terrain -A player with elven will freeze for 0.5 seconds

Its obvious that repel is about the only way a cw can try stay alive .... unable to kill any other class with same item level.

Maybe someday ...
    Until, then no point pvp'ing with CW as perma repel gets boring rather quick.

edited October 2016

CONtrol wizard to achieve the maximum potential control he needs to play the opressor tree and lose many damage. ALso other trees can offer some cc with lower durations expect repel which require some skill and timing to hit teh right target when is not cc immune.
    SO cw to be top controller need to be opressor.

WHile cw send the enemies out of the node tr stop the enemies to reach fast a node with courage breaker.
    Courage breaker is the only daily in the game even if you dodge it or you block it will reduce your speed and your damage are two effects to the point you feel like someone hit you with stamina drain and much worse you cant even walk.
    YOU can remove courage breaker only with oghma 60 seconds cooldown on mythic but the ratio to cast it again is much higher than the oghma cooldown. That thanks to ap gain artifacts the feature tactics gorgon or snail and sigil of devoted. Also after courage breaker cast and the smoke bomb and at this point you are a dummy rooted to one place unable to cast any skill.

ELven battle affect a lot the wizards while vs a tr is not effective on the control part. Maybe is good vs tr to dodge the incoming smoke bomb after courage breaker and avoid his attacks during courage breaker with
    30% stamina regen.

ALSo tr has the best cc immunity frames in the game.
    imposible to catch immunity to controls out of stealth. in stealth +50% damage resistance and deflecting any attack.
    DUelist flurry during casting tr is immune to control.
    HIGH deflection ratings that is build choice if a tr want to stack many deflection. Tr reaches with potion 85% deflection severity also and that means with high deflection chance he reduces the incoming damage on each deflected attack by 85% but also the control duration against him by 85%.

CW maybe has a shield which when is full broken gives 20% dr layer cannot pierced but once he get caught is a dead player since other than that we have no dr and also the class with the hardest deflection build since you need to put everything deflect and maybe to reach max 50% sacrificing other important stats.

NEgation enchantment on cw will end up vs a cc focus enemy the wizard to stay alive but be like an npc doing nothing than to survive.I am talking from personal expierence i have tested in the past and the spellstorm mage paragon with maelstorm it only helps to be alive until i get cc again;p break cc and then again cc me again.
    SO elven is the option vs the full stun but here comes a courage breaker to mess that.

YOU Wearing an elven or not if you get courage breaker you are in the mercy of the stun lock because you dont have the mobility to avoid their cc dodge alone means nothing.

I Am writing this to see who is the true controler in pvp domination and that one is not the opressor but any tr with courage breaker. THE only cc you can counter only with an artifact 60 sec cooldown is the best cc thanks.

P.S. I am wizard with the shield protection and i have hard times vs that daily ( spamable with ap gain tr i guess end game tr) i can imagine for other class is more dangerous.
    YEsterday i trapped on 2 node unable to do any rotation 2 tr on me spamming courage breaker;p .

CW vs 2 X BIS TRs ...... you will always die.

BUT you made some good comments.

I agree, CW is the weakest class (Low DPS and squishy :/ ) in pvp if you compare BIS vs BIS classes. - Its rather sad i know

These days , I play my cw only about 5% of time cause its just not worthit or FUN when every class is stronger.

All a CW can do is CC which is nice for pm vs pm but thts it.

DPS CW cant kill other BIS classes unless they are really bad players. (i'm comparing good BIS vs BIS when i make these statements)

It does need rework for sure.

Some good high end CWs can kill other BiS players, maybe you just need to ask for advice. But these days people anyway prefer to run max cc builds because, well, it literally compensates the lack of skill.

Sorry, but totally disagree. A CW for having a decent ( just decent, not so great dps ) must totally sacrifice his survabilty, using a cannon glass build, in this case ok, but just a decent dps, you will not able to ONE rotate another BIS. Not viable at all in dominion.

Most of the BIS CW, don't changed in favor of the cc because they like it or for lack of skill , but because we are well aware that even a maxed out dps build ( 0 Survability ) will not be viable in dominon, maybe vs pug, but not vs BIS.
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    CW has "no control", and then is because TRs have to much control.... LoL :D:D:D , funny.... Bring back the scoundrel path, to take this seriously. :D :v :v.

Some good high end CWs can kill other BiS players, maybe you just need to ask for advice. But these days people anyway prefer to run max cc builds because, well, it literally compensates the lack of skill.

Sorry, but totally disagree. A CW for having a decent ( just decent, not so great dps ) must totally sacrifice his survabilty, using a cannon glass build, in this case ok, but just a decent dps, you will not able to ONE rotate another BIS. Not viable at all in dominion.

Most of the BIS CW, don't changed in favor of the cc because they like it or for lack of skill , but because we are well aware that even a maxed out dps build ( 0 Survability ) will not be viable in dominon, maybe vs pug, but not vs BIS.
    + Agree :)
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

@djsuperfunx & @lordnemesis1981 Yes, might be true that I never got beaten by any CW in 1v1 against my GF. But that's not their fault. GF is simply one of the strongest classes if it comes up to 1v1s.

I play(ed) a lot with Sarya (deesee) and Tardli's CW and also with Rolen, Jon Irenicus and some other CWs who run dps builds and were able to kill BiS players in team fights like 2v2, 3v3.

I also have to say they are probably more skilled than the average pug and can survive through tactical gameplay and stamina managment rather than repel spam every 2-3 seconds.

I have seen 150k+ Ice Knifes on BiS players from those CWs (in team fights ofc).

The oppressor funkiller build is more "useful" to hold a node, no doubt, but yeah... it's simply 'HAMSTER'.

@xsayajinx1
    so is normal now? i m not really pvping much but when i m called on whatsup for some pvp i usually join them. Luthien was randomly (10% of the times) hitting me for like 90k ice knife and 50k disintegrate as follow up ( i was running a negation tho and no feytouch).
    i mean good job, i wasnt just expecting that
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    oh btw cw complaining about control with a HAMSTER 100 yards repel every 3 seconds is kind of ridicolous
    edited October 2016
    rayrdan said:

oh btw cw complaining about control with a HAMSTER 100 yards repel every 3 seconds is kind of ridicolous

What part of my first post haven't u read? Already told that i totally agree that the icd of repel must be increased. But Just for your knowledge an icd on repel of 3 second is possible only with a particullary build, around 15k of recovey , full wis , and spell twisting, no dps with that, so we are talking about a full cc build.
    I can say the same about 19 seconds of Courage Breaker and the fact that bypass every kind of cc resistance, at last repel can be avoided, can u say the same for CB? Is that ok for you Rayrdan?

I tell you, it's a l2p issue if people say CW cannot deal good dps.

Maybe that i've not explayned myself too well Lil. You can do a good dps , but , what is exactly a good dps for you?
    Is a good dps something that let you one/two rotate other bis? Because if not, is just a "decent" dps.

I've played a lot of time vs Jon and Rolen when they was still active, are they still around?

Like i said, in the other post, respect of the other class, u can't have survability if you spec your cw for the so called "good" dps.

For increase the dps you must sacrifice a lot of point that you will take from the def stat and u will end with a cannon glass build that can work and be used against other cw at max, but in a 1 vs 1 vs other class your face will hit the ground almost every time. And that's the main reason for the "repel cw" that u see around , great survability, great node holder, but nothing more. ( i've called repel cw on purpose, actually is the only cc of the cw that still work well. CC on oppressor is something totally different, if only someone will fix a main feat of the oppressor tree ).

Isn't exactly what i call a balanced situation ( pfff, sorry, i've make laught myself....balanced ...in nw....lol ).

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Yet another NERF the TR thread.

When Repel gets an ICD and, AND TRs get MORE balance then maybe people can talk about how hard it is to fight a TR. Right now, Scoundrels have shorter stuns than the other builds... yes I have timed them, before you start kvetching. The positive regarding Scoundrels... is everything we do can stun. So if you are strong enough to live past the first stun... there will be a fight.

As of now, I know of ONLY 2 Scoundrels in PvP... and I am one of them.

There are very FEW TRs with perma CB around. I have actually fought against more CWs who stack so much Recovery that Repel happens every 3 seconds.

OH YEAAH... not every TR has ITC, as you know. The TRs that do... are MI Execs and when they disappear... expect to die. If they have a TEB... I can assure you that they do not have ITC. If they do... they may just be that bad.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    close this thread please. ANyone has the right to play the build he wants.

ANyone has the right to play the build he wants.

Agreed. Much respect for your choices...

I vice my opinions about TRs who need to use SE to kill or Spam CB to kill... in matches. I ask them to change powers and try it without their crutches. I do not come on the forum and try to flog a dead horse.

ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Problem is if you lose your control skills most often you won't have enough power from other skills to kill as a tr.

Player mobility has risen to the point that most people can walk away from your limited range at wills and encounters.

Smoke bomb and courge breaker help slow the enemy down just long enough for a non bis player to actually make contact with the enemy.

Perhaps at will activation and encounter activation times should be reduced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Problem is if you lose your control skills most often you won't have enough power from other skills to kill as a tr.

Player mobility has risen to the point that most people can walk away from your limited range at wills and encounters.

Smoke bomb and courge breaker help slow the enemy down just long enough for a non bis player to actually make contact with the enemy.

Perhaps at will activation and encounter activation times should be reduced.

Ding ding ding
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    +1 ^^
    i use CB+SB to root the target in place, otherwise is almost impossible to land a duelist flurry, jump on the back of a GF to avoid the shield cant be done without CB.....

id rather to use lurker assault because it has a better buff, but in a target that is moving is impossible to connect short range atwills and encounters, it takes just one dodge/block from enemy to lose the rotation...CB without the slow effect is almost useless.