test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sharpedge's work appreciation thread

aroetem83aroetem83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
If you want to simply say thank you to thefabricant for everything he has done over the years for CW community - do it here. Let's show him our support. I believe most of us come across his guide at some point of a game.
Don't make it a hate thread about people blaming him for trying to make wizards better.
Just show some love for all the work and time he put for US.

Comments

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    men why I did not download the guide?? is not available on any site!!! OMG
  • aroetem83aroetem83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    He made it private after all the drama and hassle he got from players...
  • danimaltastic#2712 danimaltastic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The control wizard just got the biggest nerf possible. In a mod or 2, I'm gonna be runnin around like those other cw's who never came across thefab's guide in the first place.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I am sorry about this events.

Obviously those guys:
    -losing money on mod5 sets selling.
    -know much less of the game mechanics as Fabricant.
    -don't know about the fact that the nerfs was on topic for a long time now and not really a shock.
    I am saying that as I am in the posession of HV, HP, fabled and KC sets...
  • uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    It's a shame that it has led to this, I sure sure as things cool down a bit, Sharp will reopen his work to the public.
    And as for the ignorant people that blame him, or the likes of him, for providing in depth information on what is in the game if you look closely, well you can't get rid of those. You have pretty much two options(arguing with them is not an option;)), like he did, back out of the public eye or just grow a thick skin and and "brush it off".
    But a game is about having fun, so let him feel out what brings him fun.
    Anyhow, he and his friends did an amazing job with the information they published for all to see and take part of(reminds me of the good 'ol WoW forums of Elitist Jerks) and I hope this type of discussions and information hunting will not disappear.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Speaks volumes that the community is able to drive away one of the better theorycrafters this game has. And it's not only the players, it's as much the environment created on the public platforms. Nobody seems to have a severe interest to really dig into things because of what it could reveal. Way to many people scream "EXPLOOOOOOOIT" way too soon. Way too many discussions are muted because it could potentially lead to whatever. As long as it's not pointed out, problems do not officially exist.

Afaik Sharp is and was also very active behind the scenes, reporting game-breaking bugs in the not-so-secret bug-hunting group. You cannot displease these types of players as it's not going to benefit the game one bit. If the type of information @thefabricant provided is sealed and not openly discussed and shared, a few in the inner circle will take advantage of it and exploit the broken mechanics. If that's what you want, kudos. Otherwise you just hamstered yourself.​​
  • sayjinnsayjinn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I thank Sharp for his guide it was very helpful and indepth. <3
  • craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Sharp, you're the best. It is hard to tell you how appreciated your work is in our XBOX guild.
  • jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Ps4 player here, thanks for helping me build a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> cw Fab!
  • saeri#0665 saeri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Thank you Sharpedge for all the work that you've done in the CW guide. It was comprehensive, insightful, and incredibly helpful. It allowed me to make logic and stat based decisions on how to build my CW...a class I was ready to give up on, until I saw your guide which helped me understand the mechanics and min-max my build with what limited resources I had. I learned to better play, not only my main class, but also Neverwinter in general.

The guide is your work and property, and I respect your decision to do with it as you wish. I am secretly hoping that you will one day open it up again because the study, research, and recommendations you've provided cannot be duplicated.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Thank you Sharp for all of the work you've done for the CW community but also for the game community as a whole. More than a couple times it's your theorycrafting that brought me back to this game.

It's a real shame that your work exposed you to the nasty elements of this community, who choose to harass those that aim to better this game because it breaks their monopoly on exploits.

I have utmost respect and admiration for your efforts, and I hope you continue to improve this game even when you're not in the spotlight. Feel free to hit me up if you need a hand for anything :) Any maybe I'll beg you for a copy of your guide?
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Lol. Feels weird signing a community love letter - but really, thank you for helping me out over the last six months or so that I have been in game. I honestly may have rage quit along the way if you hadn't. Thanks pal!
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    Thanks fo helping a lot of people. We learned to play thanks to you. There are a lot of us that owe our success to you and the people that contributed to your guides. We are behind you all the way.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • labruslabrus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    *silently does a salute* While i do not play CW as much as i used to, I did follow your Devo Paladin guide and ended up with a good healadin. I thus thank you for both that guide and your CW guide.
    Team Fencebane
    Belphegor Fiendspawn and Ragnar Lodbrok to yer service
  • gildriadorgildriador Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Thank you @thefabricant , your answers to my questions and your guide helped me a lot.
    “He raised his staff. There was a roll of thunder. The sunlight was blotted out from the eastern windows; the whole hall became suddenly dark as night. The fire faded to sullen embers. Only Gandalf could be seen, standing white and tall before the blackened hearth.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Two Towers
  • uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    labrus said:

*silently does a salute* While i do not play CW as much as i used to, I did follow your Devo Paladin guide and ended up with a good healadin. I thus thank you for both that guide and your CW guide.

I play both my CW and Devo Pally alot! I have used your guides a lot, not just for these classes for others as well. I liked being able to see you logic and mathematics on stuff. I understood better the reason behind your choices because of your detailed descriptions. You and your group did a lot of reverse engineering of the game and applaud your efforts. Thanks for your hard work @thefabricant !
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    There're other CW's who worked prior to Sharpedge, they were mentioned in the guide.
    That being said, all of this is childish, dramatic and to be honest downright funny.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • metikulousmetikulous Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I've got a 65 OP and 31 CW thanks to your guides. Every facet of building an awesome character, for new and old players alike, was well detailed and explained. Sad to see you go but hope you come back again someday.

Hopefully I remembered enough to finish those characters and not make a mess of it.
  • mmnylund1mmnylund1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    As i wrote in a reddit post, when reading all this drama i have a hard time believing that the average age of a gamer is 31.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    TIME to switch class copy paste gone lol lol lol lol lol.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    I read sharpedge's guide for the devo paladin and built a toon based on it, thanks to what thefabricant explained there my hilariously low item level character was able to keep my team mates alive in ecc and egwd, average gs of our group was around 2400 max or so.

Ecc: my toon + 2 gfs + 2 dps ecc

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiT17QgYBz1_gRKoUZ81AJiOs7d2

Ecc: my toon + another devo pally + dc + 2 dps

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AiT17QgYBz1_gRSLiK3yS_7u0zco

Anyway, thanks to his tips, I could succesfully run dungeons bubble fans were scared of, a gf and 3 dps or pretty much anything except a bubble pally is what I would ask for and would end up completing it, people were surpised my low il toon kept them alive, one of these runs helped me to end up meeting and befriending a coo person from a top guild in xb1, again, thanks to the fabricant.

Man, thank you very much for that devo op guide, was going to try your cw one, how bad that it had to be taken away as some members of this community can't show any respect nor maturity. I hope you will consider to put that guide back on, it helps immensely to all of us who want to try what you've discovered which in turn will help our friends, guildies and randies.
  • calm033#2537 calm033 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Really appreciated the guide @thefabricant. My main is CW on PS4 and I can't thank you enough for providing actual data and info rather than the 'copy what I do guide'
  • forums700forums700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Sharp, your work was invaluable not only for improving my baby CW but also improving my understanding of the game as a whole. It was very useful reading for every class, not just CWs. Thank you very much for all the time you spent helping the community.

I understand why you would want to keep your work private from now on, but I hope one day you will change your mind. It's a crying shame that parts of the community have made life unpleasant for someone who has worked hard to provide such useful information to all of us. Whether people realise it or not, we are now all worse off because of that.

Take care.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I think Sharp should release new guides, but with a big fat disclaimer that specifically states he's not responsible for anything that changes due to the publication of the material, and you should utilize or invest in certain things at your own risk.

I mean, for crying out loud people, it's an MMO. Things are ALWAYS going change. There's ALWAYS going to be new stuff, nerfed stuff and buffed stuff.

If anyone spent AD on anything that Sharp mentioned with the expectation that it'll always be OP, they're the ones who should go silent or quit. :sunglasses:
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Wow, it figures that in the two weeks I've been too busy to play, something like this would happen.

Anyways, @thefabricant is one of my favorite people to play with in game. He's a great dude, a great player, and all about a whole lot of fun.

What I don't understand is how people could be so bigheaded as to blame him for these changes. Honestly, it's not his fault, most of us saw it coming - hell, I've been desperately selling off the rest of my unbound legacy gear the past few months because I knew that this change would be coming sooner or later.

Sharpedge had absolutely nothing to do with these changes. All he did was write a guide, and talk about what was currently best for his class. It is in the nature of MMOs for things to be changed and nerfed.

And honestly, sharp, I'm surprised you let these people get to you, you're above this. Honestly.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • dinksgirldinksgirl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    You have touched more people in a positive way than you will ever know. I learned so much from you. I hope that all goes great for you in future. The haters can hate, but we think your great.
  • hankwizardhankwizard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Sharpedge was our guiding light! Extinguishing the light brings us back into the dark ages with ignorant mobs starting witch hunts. All hale one sharp "Sharpedge"!
  • theloyalfurytheloyalfury Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Just wanted to say Thanks for all the hard work and hours spent testing everything, its really appreciated, and helped me (and so many others) build a much better CW then i would have had without your guide and helpful tips on the forum.
    Just ignore the Haters :)
    Nuitari Moonshadow
This discussion has been closed.