test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which paragons belong where, and why?

ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
Might as well ask this since im not expert on all classes, and this'll come in handy for me now and in later ideas to make the game better so as we all know the group requirements system isn't the greatest so I'll ask you guys what would you lable each paragon under, note they can go under more than one.

Healer
Devoted Cleric | Divine Oracle,
Paladin | Oath of Devotion,

Dps
CW Master of Flame | Spellstorm Mage
Devoted Cleric | Anointed Champion,
Great weapon Fighter | Sword Master, Destroyer
OP Oath of Devotion| Oath of Protection
HR Stormwarden | Pathfinder
SW Hell Bringer | Soul Bringer
TR Master Infiltrator | Whisper Knife

CC

Tank
Great Weapon Fighter | Iron Vanguard,

buffer's

debuffer's

Not Viable paths

DC Divine Oracle | Anointed Champion
GWF Swordmaster | Iron Vanguard
GF Iron Vanguard | Swordmaster

How about feat tree's included too? :P To fully fill it out
Post edited by ltsmithneko on

Comments

• ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You also might need to include feats, which is a major part of toon builds of every class.

Healer
    OP Oath of Devotion

Dps
    GWF Swordmaster | Iron Vanguard

CC

Tank
    OP Oath of Protection

buffer's

Currently from what I know, please amend it if it's wrong. I forgot about SW changes.

Post edited by ajlir#7970 on
  • asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I thought everyone knew which classes were support and which ones were DPS....
  • kitaarkitaar Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    A lot of people don't even realize what their own class can do, let alone everyone else's. ... Rangers belong in the buffing catagory also..
    Xbox GT Shredboy
    Neverwinter Toons:
    Archael 70 HR
    Stajans 70 GF
    Member of Timed Out
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

I thought everyone knew which classes were support and which ones were DPS....

A single class isn't just one role they can play multiple depending how they're setup as @kitaar says hr's are buff as well, yet depends how they go about things.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    My TR provides some pretty useful Crowd Control on low to mid power PUGs.
    Stunning pairs of bone golems on TOTDG is his speciality.
    He's turned many bronzes to silver, and silver to gold.
  • xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Sw temptation is healer. Hellbringer is dps buffer
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    You need to add a debuff category. The CW MoF Paragon path is a debuff, as is the DC Divine Oracle. However to further complicate it, CW Renegade feat path can be a buff spec. DC has a feat path that is also debuff, but I forget the name at the moment.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Combat HRs are buffers.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Trying to understand who would benefit from this, but have to say... when I started reading it, I was really hoping it was a "Paragon synergy" thread. iow, Which paragon paths for each class had the most powerful combinations in a five character group....
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Trying to understand who would benefit from this, but have to say... when I started reading it, I was really hoping it was a "Paragon synergy" thread. iow, Which paragon paths for each class had the most powerful combinations in a five character group....

Ah yeah +1, I would also like to read/see something like this. I have been without a mic for months now and just waiting for Crimbo to get another one, this makes it difficult to keep up with what works best with who.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • tycchoice#2111 tycchoice Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Someone mentioned that the DC has a feat path that is debuff and I'm curious if anyone knows what it is? I play as a DC and have yet to notice any debuff feats and would like to take a look
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Almost forgot about this discussion been busy with the others, if someone wants to take this one over feel free to see if you can merge all this to a new discussion, or write it out down here with the rest, but I won't get around to updating this in a bit so that's up to you guys. ^•^
  • thedramacusthedramacus Member Posts: 83 Arc User

You need to add a debuff category. The CW MoF Paragon path is a debuff, as is the DC Divine Oracle. However to further complicate it, CW Renegade feat path can be a buff spec. DC has a feat path that is also debuff, but I forget the name at the moment.

I would love to see a buff catagory option in the que system. I run a Divine Oracle - Righteous Devoted Cleric that is a pure dps buff build. It does have some healing spells, but last I tested them you would be just as good relying on potions.

I would also love to see some say 6-7 man dungeons that incorporate the buff classes, or off classes. I had a friend that built a GWF as a tank, wasnt strong enough to main tank, but it held its own as an off tank. But theres not really a place for that in current dungeons.

Someone mentioned that the DC has a feat path that is debuff and I'm curious if anyone knows what it is? I play as a DC and have yet to notice any debuff feats and would like to take a look

I dont think there are actual feats. Ive never felt my DC is a buff/debuff, except break the spirit which is a debuff as in it reduces armor, but really thats just a dps buff.

My dream team pre mod 10 was a tact GF to super boost AP, devo pally to keep the tank going, buff DC, MoF renegade CW to buff/control and a s/d SW as dps.
    Dramacus 3.1 SW, Raven 2.9 HR, Aurora Shadowbain 2.7 GF, Mirduatas Vras 2.5 DC
    Si Vis Pacem 2.5 DC, Jade Shadowbain 2.4 CW, Para Bellum 1.5 GWF, President Not Sure lvl 69 OP
    Faith Shadowbain lvl 69 DC, Toof Fairy lvl 68 GWF, Arnie Shadowbain lvl 63 GF

Your Credit Card Has Been Declined