test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's been a year - time to uncap Stronghold Influence

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
The 400 per day / per character thing needs to be lifted and/or influence vouchers need to start dropping much more frequently from all Stronghold Mobs. In my Alliance, majority of the guilds are currently roadblocked by this resource. It's been a year since Strongholds were released, so I thought it might be worth bringing up again.
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The Siege event is coming up next month - as long as they haven't changed the drop rate on the vouchers, most guilds should be able to farm these.
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User

The Siege event is coming up next month - as long as they haven't changed the drop rate on the vouchers, most guilds should be able to farm these.

Not really a long term solution but that will definitely will help. Thank you for reminding me about it. :smile:
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Either that or give us all the Stall from the Anniversary event permanently let us trade Food and stuff for influence!
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    At the very least raise the cap to double or triple the current amount, if they don't want to unlock it completely.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    They could double the daily cap, and double the discount on alliances. That would still make it a play to earn as well as rewarding those that can maintain an alliance structure.
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    About to take our guildhall to 14 next, thats 400K influence, one thousand character days, lets get serious here, at the very least make the cap a sliding scale relative to the target!
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    It is on a sliding scale, the same as the one for xp, it takes the same amount of xp to get from level 1-60 as it does to get to 60 to 64.
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    If I remember correctly, Influence drops in Siege was pretty thin so I'm not expecting a lot of help there..

Might be nice to have the travelling (Jubilee) vendors more than once a year.

As to the OP post.. +1
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    Increasing the cap but without increasing the reward amount does not help much.
    e.g. if the 6th becomes 10 influence, 7th becomes 8, ....
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I would settle for making it more fun to earn influence while playing the game. I can only stand running the same SH HEs on so many alts before I can't anymore. And the "race around a low level map for 100 influence" doesn't cut it either.

I agree with the post above that the cap should be raised. But we should also have some variety added to the grind. Perhaps including influence in daily "support" or dungeon quests? This game has a bad habit of making the most crucial bottlenecks for advancement the least pleasant to grind out. I understand we need to grind, but can you throw us a bone here?
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    I also agree with a cap change, and why does a large heroic not give more influence?

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Our guild just hit 20. I am sure we will be helping our alliance partners with their influence needs soon. Hate to admit it, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that since we were able to get there, not sure it would be fair to make it easier on guilds that are not there yet. Sorry but just my opinion. Now let the flaming begin.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    niadan said:

Our guild just hit 20. I am sure we will be helping our alliance partners with their influence needs soon. Hate to admit it, but I am going to go out on a limb and say that since we were able to get there, not sure it would be fair to make it easier on guilds that are not there yet. Sorry but just my opinion. Now let the flaming begin.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's the nature of the game that you need to make the existing content easier to achieve in order to make room for new content.

They've already done this once with reducing some of the SH costs, and I think it was generally well-received. You and your guild "payed your dues" to get access to the shiny new stuff sooner. Now that SHs are reaching maturity, it make sense to loosen the requirements, so that it new entrants into the community can catch up to you at least a bit. That helps keep the community vibrant and indirectly improves the gaming experience for you too!
    Many good ideas in here, thanks all. :)

And as for you niadan...
    niadan said:

Congrats to your guild on reaching GH20! :smiley:
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Just read the latest patch notes and use that as an indicator on if this ever happens. Lowered drop rates for vouchers, yup I think the only change you would see is an increase in the difficulty for future players and maybe a new cash shop item to speed up things.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,214 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    throsbi said:

Just read the latest patch notes and use that as an indicator on if this ever happens. Lowered drop rates for vouchers, yup I think the only change you would see is an increase in the difficulty for future players and maybe a new cash shop item to speed up things.

It is lower the drop rate of voucher in Serge of Neverwinter in which voucher was dropped like rain.
    Something like one blue voucher for every mob of 3/4 killed in the event.
    Serge of Neverwinter event only happens may be twice a year.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    throsbi said:

Yeah those patch notes don't really inspire confidence in Stronghold reductions of any kind. :disappointed:
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Uncapped would be nice for small guilds.

I would like to see influence drop with pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Uncapped would be nice for small guilds.

I would like to see influence drop with pvp

If vouchers dropped often and regularly in PvP that would probably bring a good number of people there I think. Not a pvper myself, but I think that's a good idea. :)
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Be careful what you wish for...
    It seems like the devs thought the voucher's drop rate was too high in N Siege...
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the patch notes that the drops were adjusted recently. I'm trying to dig up a source for where I read that to make sure I'm not remembering incorrectly.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    It would be great if there was a weekly way to get more influence. For example, the first Dragonflight of the week gave a 2K influence as a bonus. Dragonflight is like a HE, just .. bigger. Right?
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the patch notes that the drops were adjusted recently. I'm trying to dig up a source for where I read that to make sure I'm not remembering incorrectly.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1223179/storm-kings-thunder-owlbear-patch-notes-nw-65-20160906b-8

"Stronghold Vouchers will drop a little less frequently in this event. (There should still be plenty.)"
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Honestly, the entire concept of the "Guild" Stronghold has gone sideways because outside of the Dragonflight Runs, there's not incentives created for guildies to actually play together.

To that end, influence and vouchers should drop as part of doing content with other guildies...and I would extent this to Alliance members as well.

While going out and about your day, influence and vouchers should have the chance to drop from just about anything. After all, you're out creating a name for yourself and you guild as you save the Sword Coast from all sorts of nasty stuff...how come you're not getting credit for it.

Daily quests. Heroic Events. Dungeon and Skirmish bosses. All should have a default 20% chance to drop additional vouchers as completion rewards.

And this chance should increase by 20% for each guild/alliance member you're grouped with. That's right, 100% chance to get some sort of voucher for completing content with guild/alliance members.

To me, that's a pretty powerful incentive for people to group up and play together, even if it's just to "grind" content. And if you keep people playing together, you keep people interested and engaged. But right now, parts of the game, including the Stronghold stuff, seems like such an over-whelming grind, people are just opting out of participating. They might log in for a few minutes to grab a VIP key, invoke, and possibly derp around in a dungeon or a heroic event, but I feel like the grind is catching up to people, exhausting them and burning them out.

#MakeNeverwinterGreatAgain

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1