test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PS4] Over 2 Million Adventurers on PlayStation 4!

2»

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

You can take off the tin-foil hat. There is nothing nefarious here, or some conspiracy to hide the truth from us all. This is perfectly normal for any new launch. They did the EXACT same thing shortly after the PC launched, and they did it again after the Xbox launched.

The only thing sinister here is just typical marketing.

I was also listening to an MMO podcast where they talked about how ALL games do this, and it's not really fooling anyone, or driving player decisions on what game to check out.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    My cup is half full....

Meaning, in relation to this thread, these numbers mean nothing to me really. I just know that I am continuing to have fun on the PC, XBOX, and now PS4. That's all that really matters, regardless of what any naysayers will respond with.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I think all two million of them were on last weekend and in the Dread Ring- lol

Still, it's great that so many people are enjoying the game.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• bathsheababathsheaba Member Posts: 17 Arc User

There is nothing nefarious here, or some conspiracy to hide the truth from us all. This is perfectly normal for any new launch. They did the EXACT same thing shortly after the PC launched, and they did it again after the Xbox launched.

The only thing sinister here is just typical marketing.

I just think the ratio is very very very low. You would expect something better.
  • swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    I go by friends list....i usually have over 100 on at any time...when destiny vanilla came out it was 85% plus dropping to 5% by TTK.

Neverwinter was about 60% in first month and is now around 15% after 2.5 months....the main other factor is that the majority of players went back to ESO..
  • midpoint#3070 midpoint Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    You might have to edit the thread title.

2 Million PS4 Adventurers leave Neverwinter.

RNG, venblood, QoL & Planned Dungeon key changes killed the community.