test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ZAX Prices ( AD to Zen & Vice versa )

Hi all,

Newish player here, been playing and loving the game thus far, learning new stuff everyday

I took an interest in the ZAX market ( AD to ZEN & ZEN to AD ) and have been paying attention to it for the past week religiously ( no seriously I have

I recorded 3 times in the day AM / Mid day and PM buy and sell prices for Zen to AD and AD to Zen to see if I could profit somehow

But....Today I noticed the prices change dramatically from being at the lowest of 273 to the highest of 284 buying/selling to now being 295+

Okay, so my Zen is worth more, but now I have to grind a hellovalot more to buy Zen with AD

My main question is:

"Is this normal to see a spike in the ZAX market?"

"Will it calm back down?"

Cheers all, looking forward to seeing your replies

M.

Best Answer

• kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited September 2016 Answer ✓
    Yea, that's normal and I'll tell you an increase of 20 isn't "dramatically". At certain events or Zen market updates, the zax increases by up to +100.

I still don't understand how some ppl have fun playing the zax/ auction house. Neverwinter is a classical mmorpg and not a wall street simulator.

Answers

• mbraderz#0583 mbraderz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Kk thanks for the input

I don't have fun playing the ZAX but as a new player I thought it might be a viable avenue for profit, tbh, it's taking up too much of my time and concentration to pay attention to the prices so I'm just gonna go enjoy the game the proper way ( Dungeons / skirmishes / quests etc )

Thx again for the info :)
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I'm still making money from the double AD event...
    I used to work in marketing, and its really a no brainer that in a two commodity market, if there is a sudden huge influx in one commodity, the relative value of the other will rise.
    So I bought as much Zen as I could afford before the double AD event.
    I got just under one thousand between 260 & 262.
    If I cash in now, I will have earned just over 350k for doing nothing... no storing of rings, or slaving at the salvage anvil.
    I imagine the price of Zen will continue to rise over the coming days as more rough AD are converted.
    I hope to make half a mill, but might risk a bit more...
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I expect a short term spike in the price of zen on the exchange. With the huge influx of Astral Diamonds from 2x AD everyone is buying zen. However it will most likely be short lived.
  • pallmor#4634 pallmor Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Prices in the Auction House have shot through the roof too. I had been saving up to buy something before the AD event happened this weekend. So I finally had enough today to buy it only to discover that the price had shot up almost 100K in just a few days.

I like these weekly events, but the aftereffects they have on the market are a pain to deal with. A little more stability would be nice.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    That happened especially with salvageable items. Those should return to normal in a few days. Also when the price of zen goes up, so does the value of most items.
    It depends how many rough AD people have still to be refined.
    Its a slow process converting hundreds of thousands at 36k per day.
    There will likely be quite a few people saving the refined for a bulk buy when they have their millions all converted.
    For the people doing that over many toons, this weekend may well be the peak of the AD exchange rate.

We may even see one of those weird anomalies like a few months back when the rate rockets up past 5 or 6 hundred for a day them drops back down almost immediately after.

That happened especially with salvageable items. Those should return to normal in a few days. Also when the price of zen goes up, so does the value of most items.

That's proper capitalism (not the HAMSTER sort we have in the real world) in action.
    As wealth flows into the economy it eventually finds its way to the people making and selling the stuff the rich people want.

The zen exchange and AH are among the top reasons I enjoy this game so much.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Max is 500...and has not been seen on X1. PC on the other hand...that's almost all they see
  • ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    500 was seen on xbox once for a very short time. I can't remember exactly when it was though but I distinctly remembered it happening.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • mbraderz#0583 mbraderz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Personally I'll wait to see if it calms down, so far today it spiked to 310 for buying Zen.

Preservation wards are still pretty normal but Enchantments have spiked to nearly 5k ( Azures / Radiant R7 )

My main worry is: What happens if it becomes so high on the ZAX that AH prices become rediculously high? The rich stay rich and the poor struggle even more?
    ddem0n888 said:

500 was seen on xbox once for a very short time. I can't remember exactly when it was though but I distinctly remembered it happening.

I remember it too. It was the first time I made a serious % off ADX.
    I placed an order for 2000 zen 10 lower than the rate at the time, which was about 320 and went to bed.
    Got up in the morning with 2000 zen and the price had sky rocketed to 500.
    Sold it, put the order back on for 2000 at 310, and two or three days later there was 2000 zen sitting there.