test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Sea of Moving Ice Rewards!

Hello everyone! On this preview build, you will also have access to the new rewards of Storm King's Thunder!

Access

You’ll need to be on the Preview Shard to test these features.
You should be able to obtain these rewards organically through gameplay. However, next week you will be able to get these rewards from the preview vendor, your friendly neighborhood Sergeant Knox that is temporary in Byrn Shander.

What's new?

There are new Artifact Equipment available:
  • New Relic Artifact Weapons!
  • Cloak of Valhalla
  • Belt of Valhalla
    Note: If you don't have a Horn of Valhalla, it will also be available in the vendor next week so you can test out the new Bonus Set!
New Artifact available is:
  • Eye of the Giant
New Companion available is:
  • Manticore Companion

Feedback Desired

We want to hear any and all things you can tell us about the new Rewards, though we would like to focus on smaller changes that we can make in the time we have before launch!

Some things to consider on your feedback:
  • How do the new Artifacts feel, both in damage/stats as well as Bonus Set?
  • Are these rewards comparable to your current Artifacts/Companions?
  • Are the tooltips clear and easy to understand?
  • Etc, etc, etc. Let us know what you think!

Here’s how to give feedback:
  • Respond to this forum post.
  • Please mark what type it is: Bug or Feedback (Please only choose one)
  • Format:
    Please use boldface text for the Type, and then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, and if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN.

Concise feedback is preferred and screenshots are appreciated!

Examples of Feedback

Bug: Artifact Weapon Bonus Set isn't working
As a Trickster Rogue, I have both dagger and stiletto equipped, but the Overcharge Attack doesn't trigger when I dodge.

Feedback: Would like a text pop-up for when I use my Overcharge
I get a text pop-up when Overcharge is ready, but I would also like one when I activate Overcharge.

Comments

• shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    althought the new artifact gear has better stats its damage is still not as good as twisted gear, you gain 1200 power and 10% damage for only 10 seconds (only if you run) compaired to twisted which gives you 3840 if you fully stack which is not difficult, i dont want a piece of gear for dps classes if it risks me losing damage because i hit my daily at the wrong time
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    the weapons are definitely nice, the damage increase seems A LOT?
    the bonuses are highly unreliable, how do i know if the bonus is active? how can i manage dodges and dailies? i dodge when i have to dodge, i use a daily when i feel like i want to use a daily.

also, will those weapons need to be empowered with voninblood?
    if yes, thanks but no.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I against the set bonus from artifact set too. In comparison to twisted, drowned or burning set which is the meta, this new weapon dont have a good uptime/synergy with our skills. When we dodge/sprint etc we want to get to a safe location, but we got a dmg buff for 10 sec for it. When we use daily we usually in combat and want to end fight faster, but we got a defensive buff for it.

Furthermore the uptime is bad, imagine u need a dmg buff in battle but u popped a daily, gl waiting for another 30 sec for a chance of the dmg buff, and u must not pop any daily when over 25 seconds, while trying to spam your shift until u see the dmg buff icon on you. Can u understand what im trying to tell? The stats and weapon dmg is good, but the set effect brings too much inconvenience for us.

Edit: Please remove the icd of the buff and allow both buffs exist at the same time to make the set useful. Change the effect into when sprint/dodge increase our movement speed and get a defensive buff while on the other hand, when we use daily, get a dmg buff and the healing effect or maybe better, a small AP refund like burning set does.

Post edited by jazzfong on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    It looks like the new weapons need to be restored to turn them into artifact weapons, and then would be refined but not empowered, but that's just going by their collection window progression.

Eye of the Giant and Manticore companion (yuck, I don't really want to see more of these running around) aren't in the collections yet so can't be previewed at this time.

Stats on the Valhalla set items are kind of all over the place. Mostly designed as a tanking set, and the bonus seems like it wold be decent, and possibly better than the current defensive sets.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    what are even new glyphs ?!?!?!?!?!??!?!
  • whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    We don't need more def bonuses, really. They destroy pvp.
    We don't need more healig bonuses.
    Give us more damege to have opportunity to kill someone on pvp...

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Worth noting is that the SKT campaign store has additions of a greater EF resist potion (10%) and new reinforcement kits with higher EF resist (have now forgotten the amount, maybe 5% each?).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    suggestion: make horn of valhalla to drop from drufi in fangebreaker island. GIVE us one more reason to run fbi.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @chaidrin#2320 I love the stats on the Guardian Fighter, continuing the Elemental Artifact Weapon stats was a cool idea.

However, I do not like the 2nd part of the set bonus, (If you use a Daily power, you gain Overcharge Defense,which decreases your Incoming Damage, by 10% and and heals you 15% of your health over 10 seconds) this requires me to daily every time to obtain the defensive ability, which I personally do not like. It's not the fact that I need to activate my daily, it's the fact that it's literally the same bonus for every single class. This makes more sense for my class than for example a Trickster Rouge. The Daily Bonus should be different for every class that should enhance the ability of something specific for that class.

A Guardian Fighter would decrease damage taken by 10% and heals me for 15% of my HP over 10 seconds. Where as a Trickster Rouge would increase damage done to a target by 10% and increase critical severity by 5% for 10 seconds. A Devoted Clerics Outgoing and Incoming Healing is increased by 10% and gain 10% Damage Resistance for 10 seconds. Those are just some examples, but this needs to happen for class diversity.
    jazzfong said:

I against the set bonus from artifact set too. In comparison to twisted, drowned or burning set which is the meta, this new weapon dont have a good uptime/synergy with our skills. When we dodge/sprint etc we want to get to a safe location, but we got a dmg buff for 10 sec for it. When we use daily we usually in combat and want to end fight faster, but we got a defensive buff for it.

Furthermore the uptime is bad, imagine u need a dmg buff in battle but u popped a daily, gl waiting for another 30 sec for a chance of the dmg buff, and u must not pop any daily when over 25 seconds, while trying to spam your shift until u see the dmg buff icon on you. Can u understand what im trying to tell? The stats and weapon dmg is good, but the set effect brings too much inconvenience for us.

Edit: Please remove the icd of the buff and allow both buffs exist at the same time to make the set useful. Change the effect into when sprint/dodge increase our movement speed and get a defensive buff while on the other hand, when we use daily, get a dmg buff and the healing effect or maybe better, a small AP refund like burning set does.

Additionally, the uptime and use of the "Overcharge Effect" as stated in previous posts, needs to change so it can have more synergy with skills because people get daily's fairly quickly and people dodge, block, sprint and shadowslip 90% of the time. Gaining 1 overcharge effect every 30 seconds doesn't really make much sense if people are doing dodge or block followed up immediately after with a daily. These things have to change to make me switch to these weapons.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

seems like the Guardian Shield gives 4 stats, instead of 3.

same like all GF artifact shields, nothing new/wrong here >.>

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    btw time to ask, why is there all this stats differences between classes? starting by tr probably having the lowest amount.. i mean almost 5k power there!!
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    1774-2168 is less or the same as current weapons i think ?

I would of prayed / hoped the bonuses were more "class Defined" as in back in the day when the game was " Nerf All skills + classes"

Examples:

GWF: Adds 2/3 seconds to to unstoppable
    GF: Adds 2/3 Seconds to to Block
    TR: Adds 2/3 Seconds to Stealth
    HR: Adds 2/3 Seconds to Bleeds / Snare duration

as these are now I think ill pass...

Twisted are fine for me

• theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    metalldjt said:

seems like the Guardian Shield gives 4 stats, instead of 3.

It's always been 4 man. Nothing has changed lol.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I haven't tested the weapons yet, but I do not like the set bonus. Neverwinter has way too many unreliable procs that may or may not happen at the right time. Players dodge and sprint all the time, which means the offensive bonus will hardly trigger, probably never in PVP.

I also don't understand why a dodge triggers the offensive proc and a daily the defensive. That doesn't seem to make sense. If you're attacking, you want more power. If you need to dodge, good chance you also need some help.
    ​​
  • casawircasawir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2016

I dont find set bonuses really atractive for DPS classes, the cooldown should be much more lower, otherwise many people will not find this set attractive.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    "You can only Overcharge once every 30 seconds."
    Does this pertain to both of the Overcharge abilities overall? Or is the cooldown separate? so Overcharge: Attack has its own 30sec cooldown and Overcharge: Defense had its own 30sec cooldown?

edit: Dear sweet baby jesus.....50,000 blood + six other various items to just restore these?
    Post edited by eion311 on
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The new artifact weapons set bonus doesn't make any sense. Why would I get a debuff for using a daily power?

Most classes could probably use the new weapon for the extra weapon damage and some other off-hand to avoid the set bonus but then what of HR and TR who get weapon damage from both items? I'm not even sure that the added weapon damage would make up for losing the bunch of power given by the twisted set bonus.
    Post edited by artifleur on
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    artifleur said:

The new artifact weapons set bonus doesn't make any sense. Why would I get a debuff for using a daily power?

Read it again, it's a buff that decreases incoming damage by 10%, aka you'll take 10% less damage while it's active.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    kacezet said:

artifleur said:

Read it again, it's a buff that decreases incoming damage by 10%, aka you'll take 10% less damage while it's active.
    Yeah sorry I just figured it out :/

Still kind of a debuff if it prevents you from getting the damage buff but maybe you can get both.
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2016

If the description is not very poorly misworded and the two different buffs do share the same cooldown, it would make the set borderline useless for many classes. GF in particular is going to block virtually all the time, and there is no reason they shouldn't be blocking, so they will always be getting the offensive buff instead of the one they actually want. Remove the shared ICD and this set will actually work properly.

Or you can do the thing that would actually make sense and swap the triggers so you get the defense buff when you push the button that is meant to make you not die and get the offense buff when you push the button that tends to be for killing the enemies.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    1,550-1,894 Damage going to 1774-2168 that's superior to twisted itself if the cooldown gets null at the combat end then we can put out some very decent bursts of damage, imo BIS PVP and PVE.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Yup. A 15% base weapon damage puts the new weapons at BIS level damage-wise anyway. The bonuses look at bit clunky tough as you have little control on them. As somebody said you use a daily when a daily is needed and dodge/shift/guard when somebody attacks you.

And please no more self-healing. Killing a tank in PVP is already a nightmare unless you use piercing damage.

A different bonus for each class would be nice.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    Amenar said the damage is calculated by (weapon damage + power base damage)* multippliers so it wont ever be 15% just from the weapon damage increase, however the stats that the set grant will raise damage by around 4% (489 crit; 1120 pow;)
    And we assume a 50% proc of each, wich means 10% more damage for 1/6th of the time (1,7% more damage).

So, by now we have almost granted 5,7% damage adition, while power from twisted will grant around 9,4% (let's assume the player stacks some paranoia in midle battle), so the diference now stands in 3,7%, from 15% to 3,7% goes a lot and it would need a power with massive base damage to ever bring down the weapon damage increase in damage from shieldbarer to twisted to 3,7%, more info in amenar's post here: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12858622?sso=eyJuYW1lIjoiIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0%3D+0a678e10c7e2b4fe6d30cc6d8bda58da05982054+1475502868+hmacsha1

This not considering the separated cooldown and skilled players aiming for the damage increase with a block/shift/roll/whatever in the beggining of the battle. Conclusion, taking apart some builds where more power is usefull the new set will be bis for damage, no matter the bonuses ICD and player caring about triggering, not just that but also better protection, if one doesn't care about protection and has, let's say a power multiplicator (TR's shadowborn for example it will be hardly noticeable any damage increase. (this was based on GF's weapons haven't checked the other's yet).

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @chaidrin#2320 @theguiido
    How are you supposed to control which buffs you get while fighting in PVP? Especially as a GWF or SW. You are literally trying not to die from a Shocking execution every second of the game because of our poor dodge / sprint mechanic.

My suggestion? We don't need the run speed and self healing as it currently is too much already in PvP. Perhaps make both have a separate cool down please?

Also I would suggest making them more unique. For instance turn GWF's Overcharge:Offense into increased at-will speed by 20% for 10 seconds and Overcharge:Defense into reduced incoming damage by 10% for 10 seconds or 20% temporary hit-points for 10 seconds.

These are just ideas but we need to have some separate bonuses. It has been many mods since they were different and this could certainly help give the game a bit more of an edge.

Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User

Totally agree (with quote below)... With new valhalla set you will see even more invincibility of some classes/builds. Not to mention a proccable 10% incoming damage debuff with new weapons... at best in slot levels, or near that (what many players strive to -- not to mention players that probably spend alot of money on the game) the there is hardly any death. everyone is just too tanky, and becomes a shoving match instead of a game of death. In pve there is death, we strive to kill monsters, together or alone, it's what we do. Bring killing back to pvp. A fresh look at tenacity may help.

Also, to artifact weapon set bonus?! +10% outgoing damage. then +10% damage resistance (or incoming damage.... not sure this is the same as damage resistance)... but either way it seems silly, we don't need another fey-type mechanic. it is dumb (for pvp). I'll get this because of the huge damage increase, but then I am basically just doing because if my enemy player has it then i want it so that i can do "normal" damage as the two effects will essentially negate eachother. Sure I can deal with fey, fine, even though I don't like it. but another mechanic like this is crazy and pidgeon holes pvp players into choosing the same things, just to keep up. LONG STORY SHORT... keep the damage increase, but anything but that set bonus please. bring back different ways of killing in pvp.

We don't need more def bonuses, really. They destroy pvp.
    We don't need more healig bonuses.
    Give us more damege to have opportunity to kill someone on pvp...

edited October 2016
    For the players that can already take lots of damage this will actually be bad in terms of staying alive, top GWF for example, i've seen over 180k hp hiting like canons and can almost never be killed, no point in going for the new set instead of watter set unless they want more damage, so i dont thing this is making people more unkilable in pvp as long as watter set exists.

About the valhalla set im quite disapointed, i was willing to give up some offensive stats over the damage debuff on enemies to help the team, i am still waiting for gwf rework so i can be a sentinel to protect people with my gwf, but after seeing "+8 AC" Instead "you will gain 4% of your ap each 3 seconds" it was a instant no, less ap means less shepherd devotion, meaning less 2250 def, defl, movement for my team, less ap for myself and less ofensive stats from other sets, any chance you can make those bonus like gems we can switch? I gave up on lathander set on my SW for that same reason, there is no point stacking DR after the 80%.....kinda useless.

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

For the players that can already take lots of damage this will actually be bad in terms of staying alive, top GWF for example, i've seen over 180k hp hiting like canons and can almost never be killed, no point in going for the new set instead of watter set unless they want more damage, so i dont thing this is making people more unkilable in pvp as long as watter set exists.

About the valhalla set im quite disapointed, i was willing to give up some offensive stats over the damage debuff on enemies to help the team, i am still waiting for gwf rework so i can be a sentinel to protect people with my gwf, but after seeing "+8 AC" Instead "you will gain 4% of your ap each 3 seconds" it was a instant no, less ap means less shepherd devotion, meaning less 2250 def, defl, movement for my team, less ap for myself and less ofensive stats from other sets, any chance you can make those bonus like gems we can switch? I gave up on lathander set on my SW for that same reason, there is no point stacking DR after the 80%.....kinda useless.

Might be fun to run the set and take off a few or all the points off of countless scars and put them into a few other things in the destroyer tree..
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.