test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Commander's Strike

crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
I'm curious, I've been reading in other threads where people are saying CS is "broken" and some claim "exploit"...is there something I'm missing about this power? What makes it a potential "exploit"?

Comments

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    It's benefiting twice from buffs and debuffs like pre-mod10 Hawkeye and Murderous Flames.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Oh, that part I wasn't aware of...ty
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    What it does is, instead of increasing the damage of the party members, as the tooltip suggests, it takes a part of the damage they caused with the encounter attack and deals it as additional hit, which is counted towards the GFs damage. This hit then benefits (again) from all buffs and debuffs that are floating around.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    The benefitting twice sounds weird, for sure, but counting towards the GFs damage seems to be how it's designed. Are people upset that the power is boosting the GFs damage and not their own? Like, is it a 'why is his damage higher than mine?' issue?

I hope that's not why people are complaining about the power...
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

The benefitting twice sounds weird, for sure, but counting towards the GFs damage seems to be how it's designed. Are people upset that the power is boosting the GFs damage and not their own? Like, is it a 'why is his damage higher than mine?' issue?

I hope that's not why people are complaining about the power...

I'm not sure, but IMO no skill should loop buffs or debuffs. The devs are planning on introducing some new stuff and this might become a problem later on.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • beastofbonebeastofbone Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    comander's strike does not do any of the thing people in this thread are claming. you need to go read the tool tip. here i will break it down for everyone. mod 9 tool tip: commander's strike "you strike your foe and command your allies to strike the same foe. the next attack each ally makes against that foe deals bonus damage aginst the target for 4 seconds," it says commander's stike will cause hits done by your allies to deal bounse damage not buff there damage. this bonus damage is based off of the gf states and the damage is uneffecteed by the value of the hit. the bonus damage is counted as damage delt by the gf becuase it is damage being delt by the gf. commander's strike is a debuff not a buff. when the debuff is on a target any hits on that target will apply commander's strike no matter how much or how little damage the hits do they will proc commander's strike cuasing it to tick for its damage. mod 10 patch notes copy and pasted: We reworked the buff that Commander’s Strike provides. It now only affects Encounter powers, and it now triggers when hitting any Marked target, instead of needing to specify yet another target with the power. This should make it easier for your teammates to see who to hit to get the benefit. The power also had several bugs that we fixed – it will generate AP now, it will have an activation time, and it will be affected by damage buff, debuffs, and resistance.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

comander's strike does not do any of the thing people in this thread are claming. you need to go read the tool tip. here i will break it down for everyone. mod 9 tool tip: commander's strike "you strike your foe and command your allies to strike the same foe. the next attack each ally makes against that foe deals bonus damage aginst the target for 4 seconds," it says commander's stike will cause hits done by your allies to deal bounse damage not buff there damage. this bonus damage is based off of the gf states and the damage is uneffecteed by the value of the hit. the bonus damage is counted as damage delt by the gf becuase it is damage being delt by the gf. commander's strike is a debuff not a buff. when the debuff is on a target any hits on that target will apply commander's strike no matter how much or how little damage the hits do they will proc commander's strike cuasing it to tick for its damage. mod 10 patch notes copy and pasted: We reworked the buff that Commander’s Strike provides. It now only affects Encounter powers, and it now triggers when hitting any Marked target, instead of needing to specify yet another target with the power. This should make it easier for your teammates to see who to hit to get the benefit. The power also had several bugs that we fixed – it will generate AP now, it will have an activation time, and it will be affected by damage buff, debuffs, and resistance.

CS is scaling multiple times, if you think 50 million+ hits with it are working as intended, then idk.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Dealing double damage of the teammates encounter (wich allready got buffed) and getting buffed on top from self- and groupbuffs....broken like Morderous flame
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    It will get fixed, Cryptic do not like loop damage of any kind. When, however, is another matter.
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

It will get fixed, Cryptic do not like loop damage of any kind. When, however, is another matter.

Knowing Cryptic, there's a good chance they will make it worse, somehow.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    That´s huge, todays Thiamat.

AoD against blue head

and the corresponding Commander strike I guess