test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bring back active companions back to dominations and gg.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PvP Discussion
COMpanion is part of the game and it should be active in pvp and pve.
IT sounds too much but after cryptic introduced the new mount system pvpers accepted mount insignias as part of the game. ANyone complained about mount insignias?
Mounts with combat powers like lions make the difference knocking back aoe enemies and give shields for 10 seconds.
Mounts give movement. MOUNTs give this or this as equip.
STROnghold boons.

I DO not see anyone from pvp community to have problem with all above otherwise they wouldnt use them.
I Have asked many players and the answer is are part of the game.

SO bring back active companions bonuses because they are part of the game.
OR put the stronghold boons active only in stronghold siege and mounts insignia in icewind dale.

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    morenthar said:

No.

Agree'd
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Mmmmh...no.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Absolutely not. Think what the Owlbear Cub, for example, would do.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    too early for April Fool....?
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Absolutely not. What needs to be done is they need to remove companions from open world PvP.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Why you dont like companions but you like to have mounts insignias? Trying to find some logic.
    companions bonuses could exist as half as effective.

http://prnt.sc/coc4r6 or is that balance for you?:)
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Yeah, brring them in, so u can use the owlbear cub >:)
    fastrean3 said:

Yeah, brring them in, so u can use the owlbear cub >:)

for any lion user an owlbear present:p
  • trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Someone wants to kill people. Probably a paladin that thinks he should have the highest dps in game.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    Friends don't let friends drink and post.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    The only way companions would be allowed in pvp is if they're not allowed to be summoned and only a select few are actually stamped pvp approved. :3
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Joke post or troll post? You decide!
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

COMpanion is part of the game and it should be active in pvp and pve.
    IT sounds too much but after cryptic introduced the new mount system pvpers accepted mount insignias as part of the game. ANyone complained about mount insignias?
    Mounts with combat powers like lions make the difference knocking back aoe enemies and give shields for 10 seconds.
    Mounts give movement. MOUNTs give this or this as equip.
    STROnghold boons.

I DO not see anyone from pvp community to have problem with all above otherwise they wouldnt use them.
    I Have asked many players and the answer is are part of the game.

SO bring back active companions bonuses because they are part of the game.
    OR put the stronghold boons active only in stronghold siege and mounts insignia in icewind dale.

Um, people have complained about Mount Insignia Bonuses... It is why they are applying Healing Depression to them shortly.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    for 1

Someone wants to kill people. Probably a paladin that thinks he should have the highest dps in game.

like only paladin has benefit from this.

The problem is: if you already complain about lions (means you cannot afford one by yourself) - you going to make the gap between BiS pvpers and you even bigger because there is companions you won't have the ADs for. BiS PvPers WILL.

can afford anythign

The problem is: if you already complain about lions (means you cannot afford one by yourself) - you going to make the gap between BiS pvpers and you even bigger because there is companions you won't have the ADs for. BiS PvPers WILL.

BIS defending broken payed for 17m i know) i would like to see players asking for balance to keep spend 17 17 17 17 until they quit:). pvp LOST players with loyalty:)
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    We had companions in domination once. People complained, we didnt like it. We dont want it back in the PvP ever again.

Yes, the Lion mount is lil bit too much (the prone, cause the push itself isnt that bad), the shield should be nerfed lil bit too, but compared with all the other BROKEN (not overpowered,but broken) companions? Like the cub 1shotting people in siege?

Yeah thanks but no.
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    hmmmmm, HAMSTER NO!

Big reason why Stronghold Siege was a FAIL.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Sure... let my r12 Bonded SD into matches. He 'one-hits' up to 200k HP. The highest being 216k.

Are you sure that you want that?
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I could see this as part of a bigger re-work, in which tenacity is moved off of gear and we use the same equipment for both PVE and PVP. Currently, no.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

hmmmmm, HAMSTER NO!

EXACTLY
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    theguiido said:

Absolutely not. What needs to be done is they need to remove companions from open world PvP.

Yes. This.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

theguiido said:

hmmmmm, HAMSTER NO!

EXACTLY
    BUT Also domination is fail when someone finally makes r12 and realise he dont have mounts to compete wrong?
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User

He said active bonuses, not summoned pets.

Still... it does to a degree... because I have killed players in Dom with my SD's ricochet/deflection damage, when they hit me when I was under 30% HP. In fact the last time I did it was just a couple of days ago. Some players can attest that there is a certain interaction between my active powers. I can kill just by standing next to some players. I believe the enchants bounce things back and forth.

ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Lol, either bring back this one thing that everyone hates into PVP or remove this other thing that a ton of people worked hard to achieve because I don't have it and that's unfair. Sounds like concrete logic to base an argument off to me.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work