test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Sea of Moving Ice Features

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Greetings, adventurers! We’re here to tell you about Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice. This new release is the story culmination of the Storm King’s Thunder adventure, and ties in with the Wizards of the Coast’s latest offering set in the frozen northern waters of the Sword Coast!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10180853-developer-blog:-sea-of-moving-ice-features

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Goodbye Twisted Set....

Hopefully a different style of game play from the norm. Looking forwatd to it.

Although slippery ice is no fun to fight on.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ddem0n888 said:

They haven't used the slippery ice terrain in locations with severe environmental hazards (like where falling in the water can kill you).

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    "New Gameplay: Fishing – We’re heard your feedback and have made fishing a whole new system built as a mini-game! Come try your luck and skill… but try not to become bait yourself!"

Can you please link us the "our feedback" part since I haven't heard of anyone liking this feature.
    Short memories. While nobody likes the hella-buggy Lonelywood fishing, lots of people over the years have asked if we could have permanent fishing like from the winter event.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    They can't even get people to use the stronghold weapon set and they're trying to push stronger weapons on everyone. No thanks. The grind for any weapon set is punishing enough.
  • deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

They can't even get people to use the stronghold weapon set and they're trying to push stronger weapons on everyone. No thanks. The grind for any weapon set is punishing enough.

It's because the Stronghold bonuses are stupid (only works with other people who have the set) and the amount of work to unlock them in Masterwork profession is...daunting.
  • dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    Oh good, new artifact weapons. Just when you might have been closing in on the last ultimate weapon, here's a new one! Back on the treadmill for you!
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.

Oh good, new artifact weapons. Just when you might have been closing in on the last ultimate weapon, here's a new one! Back on the treadmill for you!

In Soviet Neverwinter, weapon wields you.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    ddem0n888 said:

Goodbye Twisted Set....

Hopefully a different style of game play from the norm. Looking forwatd to it.

Goodbye stronghold weapon set, and yet another nail in the coffin for mastercrafting (RIP soon). Guess there is really no reason to grind this lousy professions stuff at all anymore.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User

HAHAHAAH!!! so true!

This is why I am still perfectly comfortable with my elemental set. I still kill stuff prety good at 3.3IL. I perposfully didnt get the twisted set because I knew another was just around the corner. I still may not even go for it if a portion of its stats are allocated to Black Ice resistance.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    -New Artifact Weapons - In your continued efforts to reclaim lost relics from the frost giants, you will earn powerful artifact -weapons. These weapons are far stronger than any seen before. You are going to need them to take down Jarl Storvald!

so should i assume we are going to have to farm the trial in order to get the new artifacts? we are going to need them to beat jarl but in order to get them we need to beat jarl right?

same thing for getting this relic gear, which i don't even have 2 pieces yet. boots are easy to get but farming FBI for the relic gear so far has been hard. most of my guildies and friends don't want to waste time in FBI. so me trying to just do the run it is hard enough, then i actually have to grind it out. so far i haven't been able to grind it.
    how has everyone else faired at grinding FBI?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    You have people who are farming FBI, but never even bothered with the relic set due to the insane costs of maintaining it.

Just like the BI armor and weapon sets of mod 3. Don't waste your time on em. You know what happened once mod 6 rolled in. They were all invalidated and ended up as useless trinkets. All that misery for nothing....
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Since the complete and utter flop of the last 5 mods I really don't see how the more than a million or so extra refining we will need per toon for the new artifact weapon will get the players excited.

Looks like another massive resource waste but still there will not be enough resources for 13 months to fix CW or OP(the 2 classes hit hardest by unfair needs in the past. Both are way sub par to all other classes ... I guess they want to save the hardest job for last).
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• firebreath86firebreath86 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2016

@dheffernan Twisted set is out for already a long time. It was about time to get new tier of gear. Officially mod 10 should have had a new weapon set as it introduced a new tier of gear.

Also .... its normal practise in MMO-land to introduce new gear tiers so why complaining?

Lastly, I wouldn't call doing edemo 20x a grind. I think you have done other content much more often than that.
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    I wonder if you need to feed vorninblood to the weapons. Then they can just keep them...
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016

HAHAHAAH!!! so true!

This is why I am still perfectly comfortable with my elemental set. I still kill stuff prety good at 3.3IL. I perposfully didnt get the twisted set because I knew another was just around the corner. I still may not even go for it if a portion of its stats are allocated to Black Ice resistance.
    The rest of us were fine knowing we'd have weapons good for ~ a year.

The people that got screwed by this were the people that got Stronghold weapons. 4+ million AD down the drain.

I wonder if you need to feed vorninblood to the weapons. Then they can just keep them...

You have to restore them. Doesn't seem like you need to empower them.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited October 2016
    ghoulz66 said:

You have people who are farming FBI, but never even bothered with the relic set due to the insane costs of maintaining it.

Just like the BI armor and weapon sets of mod 3. Don't waste your time on em. You know what happened once mod 6 rolled in. They were all invalidated and ended up as useless trinkets. All that misery for nothing....

just looking at the FBI raid relic gear i want to grind. the set bonus is not worth it at all. when can we get good set bonuses again for armors?
    the only reason the gear is decent is cause its stats are better, but the set bonus is completely useless in almost every case. well i guess its ok if at least the stats are somewhat better. i might stick with my drowcraft gear at this rate though.
    i miss the old corrupt black ice gear set bonus; back when set bonuses were good.

the main reason FBI is not worth running is because the rewards are not worth the time or effort in doing it. if the relic gears set bonus was decent and the loot for doing a run was fair more people might run it.
    anyone know the drop rate of the relic gear? how many runs will i have to do just to get one piece i actually want?
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    I love there are new game-play elements, instead of more dailies, but as we've seen in the Winter Festival fishing overcrowds the inventory, which is ok for an event, but not for the rest of year. Also hopefully it won't be to reliant on cash-shop items. I hope they won't just introduce another problem and the then bring a solution moths later like it happened with the Elemental Evil module. I'm really looking forward for more info on Fishing and Treasure Hunting. I've been looking for noncombat game-play since Icewind Dale. Please make it good!
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.

-New Artifact Weapons - In your continued efforts to reclaim lost relics from the frost giants, you will earn powerful artifact -weapons. These weapons are far stronger than any seen before. You are going to need them to take down Jarl Storvald!

so should i assume we are going to have to farm the trial in order to get the new artifacts? we are going to need them to beat jarl but in order to get them we need to beat jarl right?

same thing for getting this relic gear, which i don't even have 2 pieces yet. boots are easy to get but farming FBI for the relic gear so far has been hard. most of my guildies and friends don't want to waste time in FBI. so me trying to just do the run it is hard enough, then i actually have to grind it out. so far i haven't been able to grind it.
    how has everyone else faired at grinding FBI?

@strumslinger what is the royal allies? i was looking into how to get the trailblazer weapons and it said royal allies.
    set bonus is not bad, (heres the but) its not that great when compared to other set bonuses. stats are good.

why not let the outgoing damage and defense of overcharge stack to 3? as for run speed and the healing just have its timers reset instead of stack.
    why have an overcharge cooldown? and why 30 seconds? (maybe because the buff is 10 seconds long) make it feel like sudden rings.

any future plans on changing the trailblazer armor? cause the set bonus is really bad, i mean not that great. i didn't look at every classes set bonus for the armor but for the hr i did.
    *10% DR to giants-----------------this is not bad considering how much giants hurt you
    *4k movement under everfrost------i cant find a reason anyone needs more movement
    *10% damage on drinking everfrost--cant see a reason to even get the 3rd piece with this set bonus

valhalla set is actually very nice, great show of a great set bonus.

legendary rings are not easy to get are they? they are such a small improvement of epics and they have the same everfrost resist. not worth grinding for in my opinion.

this is all really just my opinion, but though i say it anyone.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    what are the glyphs in the campaign
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

This is exactly why I'm not bothering with Relic armor.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Hi devs, just wondering if you could adjust the FBI item level requirements as well as make the amount of voninblod required to complete the campaign tasks less in quantity. Thanks alot for your time.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    nevermind
  • deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    This is BS.
  • darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    BTW, the ER reinforcement on shirt and pants are still bugged (as in mod 10 and not fixed yet) the ER stat don't increase after I've applied them.

Interesting, mine works fine. 6% listed on the sheet just as it should be.​​
  • mredo2mredo2 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Just give us artifact armor set where u can change set bonus, even that would be better then 1 more weapon artifact set :( or cap it at 500 item lvl so we will grind it for 10 years that would be better then change items each 3 months. You use new items as bait for ppl to play new content, where u should try to make new content more interesting and before ppl are able to go to new maps they should have done at last 2 old campaigns. At last give ppl more ways to get voninblood let it drop in old dungs let relics to apear at stronghold too and even more at icewind dale module maps. Make it that ppl will have voninblood just for playing old content too so they wont see it as only grinding all time long. Sry for my bad english.