test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duo started off as a fail

bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
The system must be broke or too easy to game, because I keep running into 3 & 4 players from the same guild vs PUG team. Big fat FAIL!

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    It's because duo now allows to sync queue even better. No surprise here. It seems to be a flaw of the matchmaking and of course guilds are exploiting it.​​
  • nilchetnilchet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    Sorry Dev-folk. have to concur. duel Q is the same thing as normal dom matches. i havent had a single one yet that was even close. this is a waste of time. thanks for tryin it though
    would be handy to bring back single Q though..full time perhaps?
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    I think duo queue is not suitable for domination as the pool size is small that some players can be easily to premade sync to 4.

Put the duo queue into GG and siege may be able to provide proper the data to u
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Big PvP guilds sync their queue to get in the same team, it's definitely not the matchmaking. The matchmaking is fine and working as it should.

*sarcasm off*

they indeed sync q but regardless the matchmaking sucks
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

It's pretty funny read here the very same thing i stated back on "Solo Q" thread and i were called "troll" there.

It wasn't nearly this pronounced in soloqueue. Good matches were made all the time.*NOT* what we are seeing in Duo Queue.

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I know what Santra says is true... as the first day of matches ALWAYS had more that 2 members of a PvP guild on the opposite team. In one match I had 2 duos from 2 PvP guilds vs me and 1 3.5k iL and the rest under 2.2k iL.

I have entered the regular queue and I was fighting the same exact groups. A Duo queue OUGHT to be in matches where they fight Duo Queue entrants and Solo queue entrants... you should never be able to even sync a premade into either queue.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Previous solo queue event usually 2-3 match will get 1st win of date, but this duo queue, play 2- 3hours not even get 1win :/
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    if you que TR CW and GF HR from same guild at same time odds would be to get all 4 same team but if qued CW TR and CW TR I would guess they would be matched against each other so cue 2 of same as DUO should guarantee only 2 TRs on same team or what ever qued duo
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    ... all this doesn't sound encouraging...
    but it's what i would have expected of DUO + rather faulty matching system...
    :/
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    ok first 2 matches to check DUO for real... both ended 1000 : less than 100 ... the usual feeling... one lost one won... in the lost one pvp BIS duo from pvp guild on the other side + IL gap ... in won one steep IL difference: 3k chars against 2k chars...
    both matches exceedingly boring... there is not much joy even in winning like this...

bring back SOLO queue pls! :-)
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    xsayajinx1 wrote: »
    How can you tell, that you are going to be in the same team, if you "sync" 2x duo teams?

Guilds/Friends seem to be prioritized by matchmaking when building teams. Was already an issue with the solo queue and now it's really easy to get a partial premade of four into the match.​​
    edited October 2016

How can you tell, that you are going to be in the same team, if you "sync" 2x duo teams?

I've been in at least one match where the two duos appeared to be split, all from the same guild. But you, yourself, have said the matchmaking is broken and likely to put all the BIS on one side and lowbie pugs on the other....

I noticed this a bit with Soloqueue, but that queue was a better randomizer than what we are seeing with the current queue.
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

I've been in at least one match where the two duos appeared to be split, all from the same guild. But you, yourself, have said the matchmaking is broken and likely to put all the BIS on one side and lowbie pugs on the other....

I noticed this a bit with Soloqueue, but that queue was a better randomizer than what we are seeing with the current queue.
    in the current que that i have experienced it placed 1 duo que from EoA and 1 duo que from Forsaken rebels in separate teams, while it filled the others with solo que, the match was quite close, both of the players from both side were displeased by the pugs and how they werent able to understand the meaning of cappin nodes. But i guess Cryptic cant do anything to improve the pugs.
    How, pray tell, are PUG's supposed to improve when their only experience with PvP is either getting one-shot if they try to fight, or capping for points if they call "GG"?
  • elrondknightelrondknight Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

I know what Santra says is true... as the first day of matches ALWAYS had more that 2 members of a PvP guild on the opposite team. In one match I had 2 duos from 2 PvP guilds vs me and 1 3.5k iL and the rest under 2.2k iL.

I have entered the regular queue and I was fighting the same exact groups. A Duo queue OUGHT to be in matches where they fight Duo Queue entrants and Solo queue entrants... you should never be able to even sync a premade into either queue.

the solution to this is simple... once you queue for solo.duo, 5x5 queue grays out, once you queue 5x5, solo queue grays out.
    metalldjt said:

in the current que that i have experienced it placed 1 duo que from EoA and 1 duo que from Forsaken rebels in separate teams, while it filled the others with solo que, the match was quite close, both of the players from both side were displeased by the pugs and how they werent able to understand the meaning of cappin nodes. But i guess Cryptic cant do anything to improve the pugs.

It sounds like you had a pretty good game. At least 5 people understood how to play, I bet there were more. The match was close. Since at least three people on your team were experts, did you win?
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    The solo queue system worked alot better imo.

Please make solo queue system permanent option.

As many have stated here , Domination Duo queue syncing is definitely an issue, if this can be addressed it could work ...BUT in general the solo queue system yielded much better results in terms of balance and duration of matches etc (although not perfect but nothing will ever be) B)
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    I agree, as i already wrote in the solo que thread, if one side gets 2 players from a pvp guild and the other dosent, its gg. You can compensate one BIS player, if you play smart, but not two.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    After having Qd for literally hundreds of Duo Q matches my finding is that the Q is completely random. I've been put into groups with a second duo Q of BIS from my guilds as well as other guilds.

I've been put into groups with 2 HRs 2DCs. I've been put into groups where my entire team was 2k or less vs. 3.8k + troll comps on other side.

There is no balancing by IL or by Class. If it is by ELO there is no way to tell because your rating jumps by leaps and bounds forwards and backwards on the leaderboard.

This conspiracy nonsense that PVP premades are syncing Qs comes from angry pugs who believe that PVPers are the illuminati of Domination. If they're going to put together a premade the most likely way of getting that done is getting guildmates to Q while you kick your pugs.

Duo Q is what you'd expect. A greater likelihood of having 2 BIS on one side and a lopsided match.

I truly wish people would stop with their unprovable assumptions. We can only work towards some type of fun fair matches if we give objective feedback. Throwing skewed angry perspectives into the mix only clouds the real issues.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    @panderus Could you please just clarify for us if there is a matchmaking system? I mean we have been guessing at it for mods now. If I could have anything in the game from the devs it would be more transparency.

Sorry to ping you, I'm sure you get loads of these per day but you are the most active dev on the forums.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User

@panderus Could you please just clarify for us if there is a matchmaking system? I mean we have been guessing at it for mods now. If I could have anything in the game from the devs it would be more transparency.

Sorry to ping you, I'm sure you get loads of these per day but you are the most active dev on the forums.

LT, you know as well as I do they tossed ELO and matchmaking out the window when players were complaining of 1hr long que times. The PVP population is too low for them to even TRY and use a matchmaking system.

That is what I have been saying forever, they removed any form of matchmaking a long time ago. Yet, people tell me I am wrong. Just a simple form would help, like by Tenacity level and Armor Pen.

Agreed. Removed it a while ago. They cant really use anything item specific though like tenacity or ARP because players can swap gear out. Many players run around in PVE gear waiting for a Que pop and then swap gear. Any type of matchmaking based on gear will fail.

Locking gear to que for PVP is too harsh and only creates a large problem since now no non-PVP player will want to do PVP since they dont want to be forced to sit around in PE or the SH in PVP gear NOT doing anything hoping for a POP.

This is why I proposed a "PVP level" system:http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1223443/matchmaking-introducing-a-new-pvp-level-for-better-matchmaking-suggestion

This would not only be FUN but also create matchmaking for you without relying on item level. It creates a "reason" to PVP and those players who DONT PVP often, will be low level and thus matched against non-PVPers like themselves making it a much more fun match.