test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is there a way to backup chat/keybind settings?

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
I've been having issues with my PC lately, and am considering reformatting and reinstalling windows.

before I go ahead with this, I'm in the process of backing everything up.

I have spent a great deal of time getting my keybinds and chat tab settings to my liking, and I don't want to go through the tedium of trying to remember how I got them as I have them now when I come to reinstall NW.

is there a config file that controls these areas of the game, and if so, where can I find it?
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone

Comments

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    /bind_save_file filename.txt
    /ui_save_file filename.txt

The files will be saved at he live game folder.
    Loading is by:
    /bind_load_file ....
    /ui_load_file ..

The UI file includes the UI setting like chat tabs, channels colors, window positions and binds.
    If you made different setting for different chars, you will need to save each setting you will want to keep, for example if char 1,2,3,4 use config one and char 5,6,7 another, you will need to save 2 one from 1 and another from 5 (or anyone from the groups).
  • Options
    thanks, I think that's what I was after.

much appreciated.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Those commands have UI buttons too - in chat settings, you can find buttons for Save UI and Load UI, which lets you apply your settings to all your characters without bothering with console commands. You can use those commands if you need to apply settings across accounts though, or, as mentioned, if you need different settings for different toons (maybe by class or something)
  • Options
    yeah, I know that, but I wanted to find out how to back them up for restoring at a later time, after a full hard drive format & reinstall.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Hi there.

I think what you maybe looking for is the save_bindfile command.

This will save at least your keybinds into a text file on you HD. then you can copy to a flash drive and put it back when you reinstall everything.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Console_command

Try that link from the wiki, which goes into greater detail.

Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yes you can type

/bind_save_fIle myoldconfig

This will save all your binds to the neverwinter_en/neverwinter/live folder

/bind_load_file myoldconfig

This will load up the old config.
    You will have to place the file in the neverwinter/live folder for it to activate.

Neverwinter seems to save your config serverside, so don't worry to much about reinstall issues and losing configuration.

Good luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!