test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.65.20160906b.8

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• vattaravattara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 279 Arc User
    "Maze Engine Campaign Store: Purchasing and opening an Armor Package (e.g. Elemental Air or Dread Armor) on one class now unlocks that same pack to reclaim for free on all other classes."

This is a nice bonus :)
  • amariithynaramariithynar Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    When are we gonna get some love for Temptation Warlocks? It's at the point where I'm questioning whether we should even have it as a third branch for Scourge Warlocks, since you don't even consider us healer archetypes if we build it.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    do we get that augment gateway survivor companion?
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    "Upcoming Event - Siege of Neverwinter: Stronghold Vouchers will drop a little less frequently in this event. (There should still be plenty.)"

I was hoping the drop rate would be increased and that they'd drop everywhere - not just in the event. Sigh.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Upcoming Events

Siege of Neverwinter

Stronghold Vouchers will drop a little less frequently in this event.
    (There should still be plenty.)

90% percent of the guild were looking to this event with hope to give a boost to their Stronghold endless grind and now you nerf it. Why making this change? No one complained about last Siege event; who the hell felt that this change was needed? did he/she ever played neverwinter and in a lvl 10 stronghold guild? Think not, you guys just keep reading anonymous data to make changes to the game.
    Of course we know that when you say "little less" for us it's gonna be "less than half" , so if it's not this way , like beckylunatic said in other thread, gives us numbers, values. Drop rate reduced from 10% to ?% , this we want to know ; little less or little more means nothing and everything at the same time.

Only noticeable fix was to FBI key's cost, other things most of us don't really care about.
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • whiteheart80whiteheart80 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    null
    How much do you reduce the drop rate?
    Because the way it sounds and from prior experience. You reduced the drop rate to like 50%. What would mean we get another almost useless event.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for fixing the bug w/ Immolation Spirits 8)

When are we gonna get some love for Temptation Warlocks? It's at the point where I'm questioning whether we should even have it as a third branch for Scourge Warlocks, since you don't even consider us healer archetypes if we build it.

From what was said on the mod10 shard, they wanted to revamp Tempt at a later time- prob when other classes are getting a pass.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1218455/official-feedback-thread-scourge-warlock-changes/p7
    amenar said:

Temptation still needs love, that we won't really be able to give it with this review. We have plans for it that require bigger changes than we can make right now. I don't want to talk about them beyond that, as plans can change, and I don't even have a concrete timeline for when they will come. I realize that won't be everyone's favorite answer, but hopefully it is better than none.

Ofc, this also came from Amenar, who isn't active as a dev here anymore, so I guess we'll have to see.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
  • nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Steam Wallet still just out there flappin. Awesome job devs (insert scathing sarcasm here)
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    "Ewan Roald no longer repeats himself.
    Ewan Roald no longer repeats himself."

I see what you did there ^^.

• salemstarrsalemstarr Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Always less for small Strongholds, thought way back you were going to make it easier for us, guess not.
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I was gonna say a few things about the notes but why bother. Lowering the stronghold vouchers is more takeaway and crushes an already lame event. It was fun the first go round but now its just the same rinse and repeat cycle and the vouchers gave you a reason to push thru it again. Now its like most things in the game do it once and why bother doing it again?
  • shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Thanks for the patch guys.
    But still no fix for the chat window text wrap problem that got re-introduced? :(
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    shadrakt2 said:

Thanks for the patch guys.
    But still no fix for the chat window text wrap problem that got re-introduced? :(

there is that and still no fix for the massive list of UI bugs as well that have been reported in game ticket submission as well as forums since march and either the posts were removed or ignored by devs.
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    @strumslinger @panderus @terramak

2 questions please:

1: will the insane issues with Sprint/Lunge/rubber banding be addressed? oddly this got worse AFTER Gateway was closed.

2: why is there no fix for the Remorhaz pet pathing/looting issue which i myself have reported 6 times since launch of Said Pet

• mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Have to say,, bit dissapointed with the "Siege" nerf,,, I never found them to drop all that much in the first place,, and it was a good help to my small guild before,, sigh
    On another note, I see there was a fix for the "benign order" campaign,, but yet still nothing for those of us who have still been stuck with the 86% completion notification even though all 4 of the tasks have been completed and claimed
    And speaking of completion notifications,,, I know you guys changed the color of the border when a campaign task has been completed and we get the little flashing flag in our bar on top of the screen,, but seriously guys,, can we have a different color? That tan color is nearly indistinguishable from the gold, especially if in a room with brighter light,, seriosly,, i'm not going to become a cellar dweller and sit in a dark room just to play this game,, can't we get something a little brighter,, like red maybe? saying,, "hey there, look at me,, i have a prize here for you to claim" just sayin
    oh yeah,, and the chat window thing,, still anoying
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    @strumslinger @panderus @terramak

Please fix the SW offhand artifact feat for Borrowed time (0.5% deflect per spark, not giving).
    First SW sparks broken... then fixed but sparks stack too high.. then that fixed but now offhand feat broken :(

Sadly so far the long awaited SW rework feels like a de facto nerf in ways.
    Played SW a long time and could explain clearly but.. wont be read here. Just pls fix this offhand feat.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Looks good guys! I didn't see a reference to the gateway pet in the patch notes and we were told it would be delivered in the next build. Can someone confirm it'll be available today? @strumslinger @panderus
  • lillijendrilillijendri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    "Maze Engine Campaign Store: Purchasing and opening an Armor Package (e.g. Elemental Air or Dread Armor) on one class now unlocks that same pack to reclaim for free on all other classes."

Will this also apply if you have already purchased one of those packages, or do i have to grind for a dread armor package -again- :'( ?
  • kronos368nzkronos368nz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Can we have our insignificant companion from the gateway closure now?

No legitimate hate, I'm enjoying my Illithid companion for the moment XD
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

Looks good guys! I didn't see a reference to the gateway pet in the patch notes and we were told it would be delivered in the next build. Can someone confirm it'll be available today? @strumslinger @panderus

Just confirmed it myself, that was a no go... :(
  • kazuhiro3kazuhiro3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Briartwine Enchantment: Ranks 11 and 12 now give the proper Item Level.
    But somehow, he remaining one of the most useless, 1.7 m from incoming damage only 23k he is reflect

[18:27] [Combat (Self)] Your Briartwine Armor deals 506 Physical Damage to Hex Hurler.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited September 2016

null

How much do you reduce the drop rate?

Because the way it sounds and from prior experience. You reduced the drop rate to like 50%. What would mean we get another almost useless event.

Eh. We all knew it was too good to last. My guild capped every single resource in the coffer last time. Once the SH grind was done people become a lot less active so I'm not really surprised they're trying to keep guilds from rushing it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Will this also apply if you have already purchased one of those packages, or do i have to grind for a dread armor package -again- :'( ?

Hi @lillijendri This should help:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1223160/how-maze-engine-campaign-store-armor-packs-now-work
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • eucha10eucha10 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    They didn't send us the gateway companion...what happened? Guess we never gonna get it...
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Dragonflight: An achievement, "Dragon Master," has been added for defeating all four dragons in one attempt.
    If you have already done this, the achievement will be completed and can be found in the Slayer section.

That is not retroactive as it should be

Edit : Oh, found out if i change game's language i got this achievement done. Guess it was the same problem i had for the lvl 70 new character, i didn't have the option in english, but got it on French.
    Post edited by agilesto on
  • ruffneck#4235 ruffneck Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Nothing at Claims agent
    nothing in mail

so yeah guess another week they take away something we needed more than anything and loved and then give us a one character item, all because of there inability to think about bots/sellers sigh.........

hope druid comes soon as i am get fed up of this constant failure of PWE/Cryptic
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I am impressed! I don't know if anyone else saw this!
    After less than four years you managed it to highlight the character that was last logged in, and not the one before that.
    After less than 4 years you ninja in a patch that actually makes life a tiny bit easier!
    A clear and obvious display of care for the game by Cryptics and its employees.
    I wonder how long it takes to "fix" this QoL enhancement and return the character selection screen to the state that was in for more than 3 years.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

I am impressed! I don't know if anyone else saw this!
    After less than four years you managed it to highlight the character that was last logged in, and not the one before that.
    After less than 4 years you ninja in a patch that actually makes life a tiny bit easier!
    A clear and obvious display of care for the game by Cryptics and its employees.
    I wonder how long it takes to "fix" this QoL enhancement and return the character selection screen to the state that was in for more than 3 years.

I hate to burst your bubble (especially if you are a pally in my PUG group ;-) ), but I don't think this is a real change. I have seen the login screen highlight the last character in different situations (SNR, fresh open program, etc.) and other times it is the previous character. It may just have been because of the program restart.

Then again--i would definitely applaud it if the devs actually planned and provided a QoL improvement.
This discussion has been closed.