test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] 21:9 Ultrawide Gaming Support

nannhynannhy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Can anyone tell me if NW supports 21:9 ultrawide gaming, 1440p gaming to be precise?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I guess if your video card and monitor allows it???? We might need help from support here!!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Yea it works. I'm running 3440x1440. Things are beautiful when the graphics are rendered properly. If you have a video card beefy enough to support that resolution, you'll probably see something like this quite often.

• nannhynannhy Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Thanks for the input everyone, i have an ASUS ROG Strix 1070. even on my current system i see the above pic often..
  • sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    This game has serious issues with resolution, especially on full screen. I run 1440p and have noticed that if you put the game in full screen you may see some issues with aspect ratio and tabbing in and out of the game causing crashes. You're basically forced to play fullscreen windowed mode in this game. If you have any refresh rate available besides 59-60 it seems the game doesn't like that either. Naturally, you could make use of this refresh rate by using fullscreen windowed mode but if you want to use fullscreen then set your refresh rate to the one your monitor uses on desktop you will run into problems.

Regarding the screenshot of textures not loading, that doesn't have to do with your resolution. Your screen resolution doesn't change texture resolutions. That's a problem with the game itself and I occasionally get this on my SSD. Also I've noticed turning up texture rendering to 200% causes the problem more frequently. Based on my system specs I doubt it's a system limitation but probably another game fault.

Another tip I have for you which is a pretty common one is to disable (or turn down really low) the AA setting if you're running 1440p and up because at this resolution it's barely noticeable usually. FPS seems fine at max AA but the bushes look really awkward in this game when you turn up AA all the way, and some other things probably look weird too.

A 1070 is overkill, even a 970 would probably be overkill for this game as well as many other GPUs.
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls

• nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    The nVidia experience tool will "helpfully" optimize your Object & Character texture level up to 200%. That causes textures to not load often. Drop it back down to 100% (in the advanced tag ingame), and that made the problem go away.
  • maci4lifemaci4life Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I have the LG 34UC88 running off a 290x. With freesync on, it works well ( have have tried freesync off and there is trearing so i know freesync is working and very well ). Graphics are on high ( i think. not on pc atm ). no pixel issues nor have i seen issues as shown in the pic above. The cards' fan is running on high pretty much at all times though.

Issues
    1. I have dual screen set up( one is a tv ) and i have to go to single screen only if i want to play neverwinter. The screen and resolution is off and i have sizing issues, especially if alt tabbing to jump in and out of the game quickly.
    2. when i finish a dungeon, the results window pop up has number display issues. the result number scrolls within it's table box ( window ) very fast ( left to right ). not sure why.

other than that. 21:9 is awesome in neverwinter. Highly recommended if you have the hardware to match.

I'll be keeping an eye out for another 290x to go crossfire to lessen the load on the one gpu.

• numeratrixnumeratrix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    What is the trick to getting ultrawide (21:9) to work in NWO? I have two RX 580s in CrossFire and the picture (max settings) looks awful (except the UI looks normal). I'm tempted to swap out monitors again or switch games until I can get this resolved.
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Playing with 21:9 ultrawide, working very well.
  • numeratrixnumeratrix Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    helric9 said:

How nice for you. That's not what I asked.
  • helric9helric9 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited October 2018

helric9 said:

How nice for you. That's not what I asked.
    Maybe because I answer to the main question of the thread and not to you ?
    But it's always a pleasure to talk to someone as friendly and intelligent as you are.