test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Sharpedge's "Almost Everything" CW Guide (Mod 9):

Comments

• masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    Only 1 skill procs owlbear more than once. Steal time, and icy terain only proc once. I read there were patch notes last week where it looks like it will be fixed. ...but this has been on the guide much longer than that
  • khashirkhashir Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2016

In fact, the DPS boost from power is as follows:

(82424.08/40000+1)/3-1=1.02-1 = 2% dps increase. So, with maxed out stats, the gains from power have increased your DPS by 2%. The absolute most you will ever get out of this feat as a dps boost is a 3.03% personal dps boost and to attain that you need amounts of power far outside the range of what is possible to stack.

Where does the /3 in the denominator come from (bold above)? I wanted to create a table to calculate Prestidigitation's DPS bonus from 10K to 80K (in 10K increments), using the formula above), and I'm getting negative numbers (except for 80K, where I get the same result as you).

Since the more power you have, the less dmg increase you get from each extra point of power, I wanted to see how Prestidigitation played out at lower levels.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    khashir said:

Where does the /3 in the denominator come from (bold above)? I wanted to create a table to calculate Prestidigitation's DPS bonus from 10K to 80K (in 10K increments), using the formula above), and I'm getting negative numbers (except for 80K, where I get the same result as you).

Since the more power you have, the less dmg increase you get from each extra point of power, I wanted to see how Prestidigitation played out at lower levels.

The 3 is a variable. Assuming you have 80k power, that translates into a 200% damage boost. I just added 200% to base (which is 100%) which gives the value 3.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    THE screenshots in your guide when you compare the class features doesnt show any time frame( no matter if they are old with the old lostmauth)). ARE all the tests same minutes-hours ? Without time available swings-hit per spell mean nothing.

OR someone can think hey maybe with the x class feat was testing 2 minutes to show that feature is weak:P
  • craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User

OR someone can think hey maybe with the x class feat was testing 2 minutes to show that feature is weak:P

Are you trolling or just ridiculous?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Ridiculously Trolling
    edited September 2016

THE screenshots in your guide when you compare the class features doesnt show any time frame( no matter if they are old with the old lostmauth)). ARE all the tests same minutes-hours ? Without time available swings-hit per spell mean nothing.

They were with same feats/powers and 10 minutes long, although that wasn't actually the test I did, but more a demonstration. If I uploaded test information, nobody would read through my guide as they would be bogged down by combat logs.

As I said earlier though, when I have the time to update the section I will. Unlike you, I don't have unlimited amounts of time on my hands.
  • hi , i couldn't create a thread cause am a new here , first thanks OP for this guide cause i sure as hell learned alot . but i have a question i feel like am doing something wrong with my cw but am not sure what.

am at 2.5k item level
    crit 30+ %
    arm pen 55%
    power 12k
    SS Renegade build

i have all the right armor and artifacts except for the elemental which i dont know if its even on ps4.
    companions on point with 3 bonding stones , my mount has 2k crit so far so good

but is it normal for a 1900 warlock almost catching up to me in dps !!!! and yesterday a 2000 cleric almost did too , i tried different rotations of skills to see if anything changes i still cant figure out where i lose dps

i dont feel like this cw is tearing it up , sorry for the long post and sorry if i have any info wrong am still new to this game but played mmos for years and i actually enjoy this game.

thank you in advance.
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    What weapon enchant, Bonding R?, Companions archons air and fire seige master and how about Avenger gear for pets. All will help your dps.
  • jano#8078 jano Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Ps4 doesn't have avenger gear or the air archon yet
  • audioboxer#8681 audioboxer Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Is a 16/18 int/cha split okay on a human character? Wis is at 13 and rest all 10.

I started a CW at the Ps4 launch and then went on to main another. Wanting to go back to the CW. I've got a purchased zen companion so reluctant to start from scratch.

When I've read this guide it seems the recommendation is to use the humans +2 on int. It's not going to make that big a difference against me is it? I think I went 18 cha for crit chance.

Cheers

Is a 16/18 int/cha split okay on a human character? Wis is at 13 and rest all 10.

I started a CW at the Ps4 launch and then went on to main another. Wanting to go back to the CW. I've got a purchased zen companion so reluctant to start from scratch.

When I've read this guide it seems the recommendation is to use the humans +2 on int. It's not going to make that big a difference against me is it? I think I went 18 cha for crit chance.

Cheers

It would make a slight difference, but not enough to make me reroll.
  • audioboxer#8681 audioboxer Member Posts: 34 Arc User

Cheers

It would make a slight difference, but not enough to make me reroll.
    Cheers.

I actually think it might have been ironzergs guide snippets on another site that made me go higher CHA - http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/551341/spellstorm-renegade-guide-death-is-the-best-crowd-control#latest

The only thing you'll want to do is roll until you get two 16's in your main stats, adjusted to 18's with your racial bonuses. If you only have a +2 to INT or CHA, max that. For example, I'm a Renegade Drow, so I started with 16 INT and 18 CHA.
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Hey @thefabricant !

Any updates on when / if we might ever see an update for the current mod ? I think I remember seeing a comment from you regarding a potential update that explored the cw buffing / debuffing potential.

I've been messing around with MoF ren and MoF thaum. Trying to figure out how to get the most bang for my buck as a high vizier-less cw wanting to cripple my enemies

Hey @thefabricant !

Any updates on when / if we might ever see an update for the current mod ? I think I remember seeing a comment from you regarding a potential update that explored the cw buffing / debuffing potential.

I've been messing around with MoF ren and MoF thaum. Trying to figure out how to get the most bang for my buck as a high vizier-less cw wanting to cripple my enemies

I am waiting until I unlock the final boon for this mod to test it, before I publish any changes.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I was playing etos yesterday and there was another CW in party with will less IL than me, and had around 5k crit vs 13k my crit, and was doing almost the same damge as me, it did have same power as me 20k but i have greater vorpal and he had lesser vorpal

Could id be owlbear cub or is it because he was thaumaturge?
    solbergx said:

I was playing etos yesterday and there was another CW in party with will less IL than me, and had around 5k crit vs 13k my crit, and was doing almost the same damge as me, it did have same power as me 20k but i have greater vorpal and he had lesser vorpal

Could id be owlbear cub or is it because he was thaumaturge?

Thaumaturge makes a big difference. Also he might have been better at managing chill stacks. He might also have had better bonding runestones or sudden rings that weren't in effect when you inspected him.
    Due to these unexpected changes, I will delay my update a bit, as this has some very profound consequences for debuff builds.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @primedopeness#4162 Since you are probably judging "dps" from paingiver, you must realize that those that hit first rank higher.
    edited October 2016
    Changed the gear choices for mod 10 bis build, removed all references to the high vizier set, updated insignia choices and updated defense slots. A more complete look will be coming for MoF rene and a MoF Oppressor build is on its way.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Hello everyone.
    I'm back after four months. To the people who're following news, were there any news about CW changes coming up?
    What's the current meta for a SS CW?
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • danimaltastic#2712 danimaltastic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Getting an error trying to access the guide. Says it's not published. Anyone else getting the same?
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Yup wanted to look at this today and POOF :(
    edited October 2016
    I know, due to so far receiving 23 pms in game where people blame me for the nerfing of mod 5 sets, 15 people complaining about me raising awareness about mechanics like TC, 4 people about the ambush drake and 6 about the token of the chromatic storm, I have decided, for now, to no longer publish the stuff I work on.

It is not my fault that those other things are broken, but hey, I do report them so they can get fixed. In a well coded game, it should never get broken to that degree anyhow.

I will continue to work on this guide in the background and share it with friends, but unless I decide otherwise, this document and all my others are no longer public.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

I know, due to so far receiving 23 pms in game where people blame me for the nerfing of mod 5 sets, 15 people complaining about me raising awareness about mechanics like TC, 4 people about the ambush drake and 6 about the token of the chromatic storm, I have decided, for now, to no longer publish the stuff I work on.

It is not my fault that those other things are broken, but hey, I do report them so they can get fixed. In a well coded game, it should never get broken to that degree anyhow.

I will continue to work on this guide in the background and share it with friends, but unless I decide otherwise, this document and all my others are no longer public.

I think you chose wrong way. Dont let the complainers win. Dont be so weak. So if you think you are doing something correct (and you are in fact) you should keep your work public because you did this for the community. That was your original idea.

Is not that I need the guide because i dont, but I recomment it to a lot of peole who ask me things about CWs because is a great compendium with good explanations, info and examples.

I can understand how you feel, but I bet you did this too fast "in the hot of the battle" Just ignore the stupid people, if everyone does the same every time they hear a complain.... I hope you arent just looking for people to supplicate you.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    if you were in his spot u would think otherwise. I can understand that he dont wants to deal with all those HAMSTER in the game anymore. Its like when he publishes smth he gets blamed from all sides. The ones who know it alrdy blame him cause they want it to stay secret. And the ones who dont know blame him for exploiting and lying.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Well... kittens. I'm really sorry that people are treating you that way, Sharp.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • labruslabrus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    I am sad that this is happening, and even if i do not want this to disapear, i can understand that you are reculant to have this one public after such and event. Sigh... people sometimes... :'(
    Team Fencebane
    Belphegor Fiendspawn and Ragnar Lodbrok to yer service
    edited October 2016
    This just breaks my heart. You have so much amazing information in there. Do you mind creating a copy of it for us to reference? I can't tell you how many times I've read through it, recommended it, and referenced it when trying to make build decisions.
This discussion has been closed.