What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Storm King's Thunder Owlbear Patch Notes: NW.65.20160906b.6

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
Storm King's Thunder
  • Bryn Shander
    • A location where players could become stuck has been addressed.
    • Various instances of floating rocks have been brought down to earth. Er, more accurately, down to Toril.
  • Cold Run
    • A location where players could become stuck has been addressed.
    • Abandoning quests gained via dropped items in Cold Run no longer prevents players from gaining that quest again later that day.
    • Orc Battle Plans now only drop from Ogrillon Sentries instead of all orc supporting enemies.
  • Lonelywood
    • Logger's Lament: The doors on loggers' cages now properly reset.
  • Instanced Content
    • Certain cutscenes have been updated so they more consistently load visuals before attempting to display them.
    • Red Ice: The player character now properly moves to the expected location during the final cutscene.
    • Several more instances now have the updated, less overwhelming fog.
  • Fangbreaker Island
    • Ewan Roald no longer repeats himself.
    • The amount of damage dealt by the ability "Avalanche" has been reduced when it appears as an environmental hazard during the ascent to the first boss.
General
  • Dragonflight: An achievement, "Dragon Master," has been added for defeating all four dragons in one attempt.
    • If you have already done this, the achievement will be completed and can be found in the Slayer section.
  • Epic Artifact Equipment: This quest has been re-added with the requirement to complete Spinward Rise removed.
  • Sword Coast Chronicle: Damaged Orb of the Seer Shards now properly drop while in a team.

Upcoming Events
Siege of Neverwinter
  • Medals of Heroism now go to the Wealth bag instead of the inventory.
  • Quartermaster's Enchantments now give information about what they can potentially drop.
  • Stronghold Vouchers will drop a little less frequently in this event. (There should still be plenty.)
  • The Champion's Banner artifact now properly has secondary and tertiary stats as appropriate for a given rank and quality.
General
  • Call to Arms: Gate Crashers: Several minor fixes have been made, including enemies displaying levels and the boss having a more graceful entry.
  • Coins of Waukeen: The behavior of this event while in a party has been smoothed out; Waukeen's Coin Purses should more consistently appear for everyone, rather than just one person.
  • Masquerade of Liars: A new mask has been added to the event collection and store.
  • Winter Festival: Various minor updates have been made in preparation for this year's festivities.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Scourge Warlock
    • Immolation Spirits: Scourge Warlocks no longer take Everfrost Damage from the damage Immolation Spirits take.
Enemies and Allies
  • Yeti Rampagers no longer sound like Fell Trolls at the beginning of combat.

Items and Economy
Storm King's Thunder
  • Campaign
    • The repeatable Runic Key task now requires 10 Ten-Towns supplies, reduced from 50.
  • Archaeologist's Trowel: The tooltip now reads grammatically correctly when only one use is remaining.
  • The crate in Bryn Shander no longer allows the player to discard the Uncommon-quality Trowel. It only grants the player a Common-quality Trowel if they do not already have one.
Mounts
  • Tenser's Floating Disk: Dodge-cancelling out of summoning this mount no longer locks the player in place.
General
  • Briartwine Enchantment: Ranks 11 and 12 now give the proper Item Level.
  • Maze Engine Campaign Store: Purchasing and opening an Armor Package (e.g. Elemental Air or Dread Armor) on one class now unlocks that same pack to reclaim for free on all other classes.
  • Ring of Ambush: The tooltip on this item now properly shows a cooldown of 20 seconds.
  • Sahha balls can now be discarded.

User Interface
Character Sheet
  • The Everfrost Damage Resistance value in the Character Sheet now properly includes the resistance granted by boons.
Inventory
  • (One patch note withheld until release.)
  • Voninblod now has a "Use" button in the Wealth tab.
Mounts
  • The mount power selector now properly, consistently displays powers.
Powers
  • If a player has more than 124 Power Points, the Powers tab no longer glows to remind that player about the unspent points.
Professions
  • If an item has an Enchantment or Kit slotted, the Professions UI now pops up a confirmation dialog if that item is going to be consumed by a task.
Scoreboard
  • The Scoreboard no longer shows scores from a different contest on the same map if the player participated in that previous contest.

Localization
General
  • Implemented several minor text localization fixes for the German language.

Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Well done, thank you all for the fixes.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    terramak said:

Upcoming Events

Coins of Waukeen: The behavior of this event while in a party has been smoothed out; challenges should more consistently appear for everyone, rather than just one person.
    Is this entry for Challenge of the Gods (challenges drop more consistently), or Coins of Waukeen (purses drop more consistently)?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    Just realized that this is an Owlbear build.

And that means that we truly can expect a Mimic build of the next big update "really soon".

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    Inventory
    (One patch note withheld until release.)

Do we finally get more bag spaces or did you give us refinement bags for free?
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    No fix for the relic chest pieces, which have for all classes 6AC less than the collection page claims?

This chest armor is the best chest armor currently, the reagents cost close to 1M AD, due to requiring ostorian resin, it is time gated, and you need to run FBI often enough to finally get it. Please fix this!
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    terramak said:

Upcoming Events
    Siege of Neverwinter

• Stronghold Vouchers will drop a little less frequently in this event. (There should still be plenty.)
    Pretty sure your "little less" means much more then our "little less".

and
    terramak said:

^^ actually didn't say but for dramatic purposes.

Combat and Powers
    Classes and Balance

• Great Weapon Fighter
      • Unstoppable: Fixed. We are very sorry for the long wait and everyone playing a GWF will get an achievement "Unstoppable" once the build goes live
    omg omg omg...you love us you realla love us. Maybe...one day...a man can dream...
  • Options
    mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    terramak said:

Content and Environment

Upcoming Events
    Siege of Neverwinter

Stronghold Vouchers will drop a little less frequently in this event. (There should still be plenty.)

Is this really needed? All the minor guilds have been struggling to get their stronghold up and you nerf (that's what is less frequently for you) the only way they have to speed things up? Bad again cryptic, all your decisions in the past have damaged minor guilds and you keep doin that. And pls remove the Quartermaster drop cap, it's non sense as the gems you can get are all bounded; nothing for bots there. Gems (and influence) are big problems for levelling strongholds; we have ppl donating all the gems they get playing everyday including what they get from Quartemaster enchs but the gain in the coffer is ridicolous. And Alliance is not helping lower guild much to improve since higher guilds keep building everything and never contribuite to the growth of others, and we can't do Dragonflight event all day.
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • Options
    polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    @terramak

Tenser's Floating Disk: Dodge-cancelling out of summoning this mount no longer locks the player in place.

what about mounts power? it ups power about 1~5% not 10%.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Love the bug fix patches. Good job. Keep them coming.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    Hi @terramak ,
    there's a bug that if you enter stealth with a TR (of course, jaja) while you have the Ambush ring effect on, the npcs will still see you and attack. If by chance, you stop moving, the Ambush effect goes away and the real stealth make effect on them. Also consider reducing the cooldown to 15sec, more accurate.

*An ultimate fix to the background "Dalelands veteran" bug would be welcome for once and for all. Including the mouse pointer bug in the history window too, which difficulty a lot if someone wants to write.
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Owlbear patch and secret Inventory tweak... this must be a really big deal... -.-. And they said in the last Q & A twitch video that some really big QoL thing was coming.... with the recent trend of nerfing progress in game.. I'm freaking TERRIFIED about what they are about to do. -.-

They have lost all my trust...
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

with the recent trend of nerfing progress in game.. I'm freaking TERRIFIED about what they are about to do. -.-

Given that it'll remain a secret until it's too late I assume it's something that will affect the market. Coupled with recent acts against botters my guess would be more stuff becoming bound, e.g. leadership RP, enchantment drops.
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Campaign
    The repeatable Runic Key task now requires 10 Ten-Towns supplies, reduced from 50.

THANK YOU.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    I am also doing the double facepalm for the Siege voucher nerf.

Cryptic, your idea of "should still be plenty" doesn't usually mesh with ours. While players exclaimed over the initial high drop rate, we were assured it was intended and to enjoy the "manna from heaven". It was a great opportunity for guilds to progress their strongholds, and now we're worried it won't even be worth playing, or not to the extent that it was last time.

Many guilds have reached SH20, so it's not like you're retaining players across the board by chaining them to more and more SH grinds. Many guilds struggle for every single upgrade, and an event like Siege is a godsend. An absolute hamstering godsend. Why do anything that even hints at taking that away?

And if you're going to adjust it, why not disclose some numbers? If vouchers were on a 10% drop rate and you've changed it to 9.5% chance, we're going to perceive that differently than if you made a 5% drop chance.

But just dropping it on us like that, we're going to go ahead and assume THE WORST.

Because we don't really trust you. We don't trust you to not actively do things that hurt us, and we don't trust you to not ruin every good thing you've ever done. Get it?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer

terramak said:

Upcoming Events

Coins of Waukeen: The behavior of this event while in a party has been smoothed out; challenges should more consistently appear for everyone, rather than just one person.
    Is this entry for Challenge of the Gods (challenges drop more consistently), or Coins of Waukeen (purses drop more consistently)?
    Waukeen. Thanks for the callout.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    lol, thx... I asked myself how I got got oneshooted that frequently behind the Iceblock.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I agree with @beckylunatic can you provide numbers on event drop rate change?
  • Options
    cromejohnsencromejohnsen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    It must be much lower than before if you follow cryptics logic of chance and a little bit.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    "Maze Engine Campaign Store: Purchasing and opening an Armor Package (e.g. Elemental Air or Dread Armor) on one class now unlocks that same pack to reclaim for free on all other classes."

i like this one for sure specialy the dread armor pack o:)
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

Owlbear patch and secret Inventory tweak... this must be a really big deal... -.-. And they said in the last Q & A twitch video that some really big QoL thing was coming.... with the recent trend of nerfing progress in game.. I'm freaking TERRIFIED about what they are about to do. -.-

They have lost all my trust...

Inventory
    (One patch note withheld until release.)

Do we finally get more bag spaces or did you give us refinement bags for free?

"We are introducing a key ring with 12 spaces to hold only keys"- thanks in advance.
    I'm sure this will not be another nerf right now. Pitchforks. Hamster.
  • Options
    jamesbond007#6020 jamesbond007 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    They going to make leadership RP bound :tongue:
  • Options
    janr92janr92 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    terramak said:

Fangbreaker Island
    Laughed so much.
    Really.

| Yolt - TR MI Executioner |