test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bound items

estastiesoestastieso Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Don't know why, on the event description, all the items seems to be bind on equip, so i've spent some zens looking for a companion.
I had not the companion, i had some oghma's that are bind to character, not even bound account.
Don't know if it's a bug or it is an error on the box description.
Tagged:

Comments

• rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    It's a misleading tooltip, they all bind to character on pickup.
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    Since I bought a few on the zen store I decided to submit a ticket on the issue.

Not holding my breath.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    For me I cannot fathom why an artifact would be bound to character to begin with, bound to account I might be able to understand but to have a character with two or three artifactss of the same kind that is bound to character that you can neither sell, trade or give away seems like such a waste, especially if the player has other characters that could really use an artifact.

Even if someone didn't have another character who could use the artifact, if someone got a duplicate artifact and none of their existing characters could use it, that just might encourage them to purchase a character slot so that character could start of playing with that artifact.

Isn't there anyone who decides which items are bound to character vs. bound to account vs. unbound who considers things like this?
    Post edited by dionchi on
    DD~
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Cryptic decides, but it's well established that they don't put much real thought into things. Some things? Yes... But the details? The lack of detail-oriented thinking in Neverwinter is truly appalling. This is just one example.
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 915 Arc User
    The only real gripe I really have when it comes to in game or bound items is, if any item is being offered with the attributes of being unbound, bound to account or bound to character or claimable by all characters in an account -vs- only able to be claimed by one character of an account, that should never - ever change.

PWE/Cryptic can decide to discontinue an item and replace it with something else (even if it is a similar or exactly the same thing but with a different name) if they want to make modifications but if I buy a bag, mount or companion or whatever and when I buy it that item is unbound, shareable between characters in the same account or whatever and then suddenly it isn't - I find that to be very aggravating - to use the nicest possible term.

And that has happened on a few occasions that I know of.
    DD~
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    dionchi said:

The only real gripe I really have when it comes to in game or bound items is, if any item is being offered with the attributes of being unbound, bound to account or bound to character or claimable by all characters in an account -vs- only able to be claimed by one character of an account, that should never - ever change.

like the charakterbound enchantments from skt gift claimable pack.
    they made accountbound artifacts charakterbound without any warning or notify.
    opened a ticket about it and they refused to make the artifacts accountbound again, but offered to restore it on another toon of my choice.
    only downside was, that originally, they had all class features unlocked.
    when they restored them on my other toon, all progress with class features was wiped.

seems to be their way to make people pay twice and holds me off from ever spending a penny for this company again