test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ideas / Suggestions

burnedpixelburnedpixel Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Now that the game makes some class balances, maybe we will get a reworked/ improved TR (?)
Anyway, here are some rough ideas that will make the TR more interesting and give him a more 'trickster" feel.

-At Wills-

Sly Flourish
Slice your foe. If you strike from behind the 4rth strike also dazes the target.

Cloud of Steel
Throw a barrage of daggers dealing damage. The longer you flurry a single target, the more damage you deal. Every 4th strike bounces between multiple nearby foes.

Duelist’s Flurry
Strike with two slashes followed by a flurry of attacks. Flurry attacks each add a Bleed. Striking from behind adds stronger bleeds.

-Encounters-

Lashing Blade
Strike your foe. The less health your target has, the more damage you cause.
Stealth: You now also ignore % of your target’s armor.

Wicked Reminder
Pierce you enemy’s armor, lowering your target’s Damage resistance and gaining extra power. Can stack up for 5 times.
Stealth: Applies 3 stacks.

Impact Shot
Strike your foe and stun them.
Stealth: Also lower’s target’s damage resistance.

Bade Flurry
Spin in place, hitting nearby foes. Each hit causes bleeding.

Shadowy Disappearance
Teleport to a foe and strike them. Using this power again teleports you back in the starting location.

-Dailies-

Whirlwind of Blades
Whip your daggers around you, dealing minor damage and each foe gets a random negative condition. You gain power for each condition applied. This power applies 1 condition in every foe and has the chance to apply the following conditions – weakness 30%, bleed 25%, slow 20%, daze 20%, stun 5%.

-Passives-

Sneak attack
Increases movement and health regeneration by % while in stealth.

Talisman of Shadows
When you enter stealth you daze all foes around you. When leaving stealth you gain an amount of power for each foe around you.

Infiltrator’s Action
This power has 3 charges. When you attack a foe it loses 1 charge and applies a daze to the foe (this effect is half as effective on players). Every 8 seconds you gain 1 charge.

Comments

• talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    + change back wicked reminder to an full aoe attack

But imho, nothing will happened, bc another dev for class balancing left, every time we get an rework (ok only on mod 5), or an buff (again only on mod 5), it has an huge impact on pvp, so people start again complaining "nerf TR too strong, too op, yadayadayada...

And then my "fellow TRs" how many has changed in mod 5 from the pvp perma stealth sabo to an Mi exe and changed the vorpal into an plageufire enchant, bc SoD was bugged, and did multiproccing in pvp and pve...so the "nerf" or "fix" came instantly after three days and the rework of SoD came with mod 6?
    I don't think people were complaining in pve that an TR could do really good damage, back in mod 5, it was always again and again and again the pvp side (and not the top tier players, more the random pvp player) complaining and whining...

So for me it is more or less done, i am happy that i could play with my guildmates, allies and friendlist, but i lost hope and i am tired defending my beloved class, that the TR will become more than an "filler" in an party, now that some Hellbringer SW can better debuff and buff at the same time and do more dps than an TR.

But yeah "we are the most balanced class in pve"..fine, but if i am looking zonechat in the PE, or in the /lfg chat, nobody is asking for an TR.....

Sorry for the rant.
  • chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    talon1970 said:

+ change back wicked reminder to an full aoe attack

So for me it is more or less done, i am happy that i could play with my guildmates, allies and friendlist, but i lost hope and i am tired defending my beloved class, that the TR will become more than an "filler" in an party, now that some Hellbringer SW can better debuff and buff at the same time and do more dps than an TR.

But yeah "we are the most balanced class in pve"..fine, but if i am looking zonechat in the PE, or in the /lfg chat, nobody is asking for an TR.....

Sorry for the rant.

I feel your pain with frustration on the TR. But in PVE this isn't really true. The only classes people specifically ask for are Healers and Tanks ... the rest is jut high DPS of which we easily qualify. In fact, any DPS class with bonding runestones and a decent companion will throw off good numbers and the TR is no exception. We certainly are better at single target but between SB and BF, we can pack in AOE damage as well. Of course, I wish I hadn't gotten an ioun stone but Oh Well.

I am not sure we will ever get the balance we need, because of the PVP crying you mentioned. The issue is SE and not sure why the devs will do nothing about it. If they would tone it down and increase our at will and encounters, Neverwinter would be a happier place.
  • lunartic666lunartic666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Remove 100% crit from stealth, combat advantage is enough,
    Decrease stealth consumption by at-will powers from 25% to 15%
    At-wills:
    Duelist flurry - increase bleed dmg by 30%
    Gloaming cut - aoe power, hits all targets on its way
    Disheartening Strike - tr and his allies have increased dmg to the target by 10%
    Encounters:
    Impossible to catch - 20% deflect and 20% movement speed (stealthed add 20% dmg resistance) 15 sec cd 15 sec duration (no more cc immunity)
    Patch of the blade - piercing dmg (400 dmg per hit won't ruin pvp balance) each hit increase dmg by 1%, 10 stacks
    Bait and Switch - removed ap from dummy, forces pve enemies to attack dummy (bosses etc.)15 sec cd, 5sec duration (stalthed last 10 sec)
    Smoke bomb - decreased duration to 3s at max rank, increased dmg by 100%
    Class features:
    Oppressive Darkness - increase dmg to 1200 per hit at max rank (it's still nothing compared to hrs piercing blade)
    Infiltrators Action - add 10% deflect and 10% movement speed
    Dailies:
    Bloodbath - dmg reduced by 50%, cost 50% action points, 10 sec cd, cc breaker
    Lurkers Assault - dmg buff reduced to 10%, increased duration to 20 sec, starts hp regeneration taking 20% regeneration stat as heal every 3 sec during duration
    Whirlwind of Blades - drag all enemies in area into middle of whirlwind
    Courage Braker - duration reduced to 5 sec, 8k power buff (up from 4)
    Scundrel feats:
    Skullcracker - every 15 sec your encounter power bypasses enemies cc resistance and daze for 4 sec (2 on players), your staelth bar is immune to dmg (to give scundrel chance to go back to stealth)
    Executioner Feats:
    Dying breath - duration increased to 30 sec (to make feat usefull in pvp) this feat buffs allies.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I like shadowy disapearance idea, as for TR's as a hole if it aims in more damage, that is miserable in pve and pvp now, and less control, that is a nightmare in pvp, im in.

• aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Guys, you're missing the point of the whole class balancing. The devs aren't going to redo all of our powers, especially the ones that work well.

Based on the method of the HR changes, the seldom used powers got buffed and/or refluffed, and the often-used stuff either got left alone, or mildly nerfed.

Suggestions such as buffing DF bleed damage, which is already one of the 2 highest damaging powers TRs have, is simply not going to happen. Nor is shaving a second off SB but boosting damage by 100%. We need to seriously look at the unused powers first and suggest ways to buff them first and foremost (WK stuff especially), as well as ways to breathe some life back into Scoundrel and Sabo.