test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Late Game Pet [PS4]

hawkwoodnhahawkwoodnha Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I just hit 2000 GS and I'm looking for a pet to get that will last me basically through the rest of the game. Any recommendations?

(Also, I've got an Intellect Devourer, which seems like a good TR pet to me, but I'm just not sure how it holds up. Is it worth spending the AD to level? Is it reasonable to use it late game if leveled to Purple?)

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Fire Archon is good as summoned. Other active ones can be: Air Archon, Siege Master, Erinyes, Staldorf, Intellect Devourer, Blink Dog, Wild Hunt Rider. Not sure which of them u have on PS4 tho.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    There was a discussion in-game today about the Wild Hunt Rider, and the consensus seems to be that TRs don't proc the active bonus enough to justify using the companion. You can't go wrong with Air Archon and Fire Archon though for their active bonuses.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Yes, i tested Wild Hunt Rider myself, on green quality tho, it was very hard to activate it. Fellow TR who has it on purple quality says that its on around 60% of the time, which is not bad. I myself am not using it.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Right now "best" usually entails a pet with 3 offense slots (for bonding stones) and 2 ring slots (for Underdark proc rings).

Generally, that really narrows the list. Fire Archon is one such qualifier who just so happens to also be a ranged attacker, meaning he generally lives longer, so he's a good favourite for many. Air Archon is the melee equivalent.

Most others listed are also good but don't have as great an equipment setup possible, although some have other benefita that may make up for that. For example, Shadow Demon with a high deflect build just melts solo or small group stuff.