test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Elven battle should be 50% less effective against Control Wizard!

jarecstephjarecsteph Member Posts: 270 Arc User
Elven battle is killing the essence of Control Wizard. DC and GF equip with Elven battle are practically immune to control letting them do whatever they want in a PVP match without real repercussion. Control = more kills for the team in PVP match, more turnover. Everybody is using Elven battle resulting in a near 100% annihilation of CW main class feature that is control. So do something about it. CW DPS is OK but we need some control to be on par with the other class.

Comments

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Are you kidding me?
    I know a 3.3k CW who can hold a node against just about anyone.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    CWs and everyone with elven battle is a HAMSTER pain, that enchant provides nearly perma dodge (and a perma block?), the stamina regeneration effect should be removed so those trolls get some deaths from time to time.
  • Options
    ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    there was a time when you counted how many dodges your opponent has used ,then at the end of the 3rd and "last", you started to perform your deadly rotation, but now, dodges are almost unlimited because that TEB shyyt.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Elven battle is killing the essence of Control Wizard. DC and GF equip with Elven battle are practically immune to control letting them do whatever they want in a PVP match without real repercussion. Control = more kills for the team in PVP match, more turnover. Everybody is using Elven battle resulting in a near 100% annihilation of CW main class feature that is control. So do something about it. CW DPS is OK but we need some control to be on par with the other class.

Repel should be 50% less effective vs heavy armor users because, you know, they are heavier and harder to push. Sound logic no? Lets drop the bs please.

If anything the enchant should not let folks dodge endlessly and that goes double for wizards who get a pretty lofty safe window while dodging. Wizards have always had their hand held by Cryptic, always. Try comparing the blink to a paladin's sanctuary which activates with a visible delay every time you try to block. EVERY HAMSTER TIME. Has been reported numerous times and there is no indication of it being fixed anytime soon.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

there was a time when you counted how many dodges your opponent has used ,then at the end of the 3rd and "last", you started to perform your deadly rotation, but now, dodges are almost unlimited because that TEB shyyt.

This ++
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    If they do this for the elven (I doubt they would) they should do the same with negations vs. Gwfs. Im just using your logic.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    morenthar said:

@drkbodhi

He's not kidding, he is Lucan. This guy will say anything to get CWs as overpowered as possible. It's been his M.O. for as long as he has polluted these forums.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Elven Battle. Those that use are giving up damage mitigation. It's a fair trade.

He's complaining while having access to an extremely OP power, Repel. That power alone provides all the indirect control a CW needs. Its cooldown needs to be increased without a doubt.

LMAO... that explains a HAMSTER ton.

I was just thinking about all of the spamming of Repel that I get fighting CWs. As someone with a TEB, on his PvP gear... If they do this for CWs... TEB should negate all of the CC related to Repel.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016

If they do this for the elven (I doubt they would) they should do the same with negations vs. Gwfs. Im just using your logic.

WHat is your argument about negation? DO you know that you need to get !0 hit in row to have the full potential of the negation?
    DO you know that if enemies land a deadly combo before even you engage the combat is like you dont wear an enchant because it works with stacks ? It stacks 10 times each stack is 3% dr 1% incoming healing bonus and 1% on THE recovery stat rating.

Elven in any situation is 80% cc resist and 30% stamina regen permanent.

Anyway lets accept controls are powerful but what about remove the stamina regen from elven 80% cc resist is already a good thing on that enchant.
  • Options
    morenthar said:

@drkbodhi

He's not kidding, he is Lucan. This guy will say anything to get CWs as overpowered as possible. It's been his M.O. for as long as he has polluted these forums.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Elven Battle. Those that use are giving up damage mitigation. It's a fair trade.

He's complaining while having access to an extremely OP power, Repel. That power alone provides all the indirect control a CW needs. Its cooldown needs to be increased without a doubt.

give up the stacking 10 times damage mitigation with duration 10 sec. and when the stacks expire 0 wrong ?
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Even when I used T.Elven on my GF there would still be those perma stun HR's that just kept me stunned, the difference was with T.Elven I had a chance and only a chance to put my shield up, after a while I gave up and went back to negation.

As for CW's, Oppressor CW, spamming Repel/Icy Terrain/Entangle, Ice Knife, rinse repeat ad nauseum.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    CWs and the insane amount of cc in PvP in general are the reason everybody wears elven, it's pretty useless otherwise, I don't wear one by choice, it's an absolute necessity.

I'll take off my elven, if cws agree to stop freezing me and blowing me all over the map, k..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Been thinking about getting one. Tired of the slip and slide.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

jonkoca said:

CWs and the insane amount of cc in PvP in general are the reason everybody wears elven, it's pretty useless otherwise, I don't wear one by choice, it's an absolute necessity.

I'll take off my elven, if cws agree to stop freezing me and blowing me all over the map, k..?

yes you resist my freeze sorry i meant chill stacks go away as soon as they land and knowing that you dodge-block my repel more comfortable.

IN Case i can control you why to repel you and not keep you to the spot so my teamates suck your hp?
    CW forced to spam repels when enemies pop up lions and gift of faiths non stop. OUR REALLY GOOD team effort is wasted
    because a team pop lions to survive the deadly finishing blow.

SO yes repel everyone and it hurts a lot when they lose ,THEIR legendary mount investment fails it hurts and i like it.
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

drkbodhi said:

Are you kidding me?
    I know a 3.3k CW who can hold a node against just about anyone.

Jerico?
    Nope... in Civil Anarchy
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

After today's matches, i HARDLY dissagree. 90%??? 200% and it will be not enough vs certain builds (on which, TBH, i don't know if is either repell itself not being affected by it [elven] or that repell's push is really huge with 5 stacks on Arcane Maestry)

Knocks and prones are not considered as control, bulls charge knock last the same if you have 1000% resistence to control, or the GF have 100% control bonus, doesn't matter you will be proned the same time.
    Now repel is a "Knock Back" so it's not affected by anything, the only thing that can mitigate knocks and prones are deflections, so if a TR deflect a bulls charge, he won't fly, just get proned and he will stand up quickly.
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Pretty much this. This game is one of the only MMOs that I know that doesn't have diminishing returns on CC, which is flat out ridiculous. Elven battle will continue to be best in slot for every class until they fix perma root/perma stun. Otherwise pvp would devolve into a CC bs fest where the classes that don't have control go get a sandwich while they are stunned/rooted to death.
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Leave the 80% CC immunity, drop the stamina regen...plenty of other places to get that...but do something about chill stacks being shedded so quickly...sure, shed the CC from the chill stacks but leave the damage bonus CW's get from adding chill stacks and problem solved. I'm sure it's a rewrite though, separating the damage and control from the one item. Probably not going to happen anytime soon, but CW damage in pvp against full geared, booned players IS lacking. I think an easier fix is to drop the damage of GWF, GF...add some damage to TR...HR looking pretty good right now...SW seems buggy with deflect...idk, I think dropping the stamina regen will definitely have a positive effect in fighting against GF, OP anyway...
    Silverhand
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

WHat is your argument about negation? DO you know that you need to get !0 hit in row to have the full potential of the negation?
    DO you know that if enemies land a deadly combo before even you engage the combat is like you dont wear an enchant because it works with stacks ? It stacks 10 times each stack is 3% dr 1% incoming healing bonus and 1% on THE recovery stat rating.

Elven in any situation is 80% cc resist and 30% stamina regen permanent.

Anyway lets accept controls are powerful but what about remove the stamina regen from elven 80% cc resist is already a good thing on that enchant.
    @mamalion1234 I was making a joke =D
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    CW's dmg is not necessary low, its just that most CWs specced for defensive builds and focus on CC or half half with CC and dmg, however dmg focused CWs can still output enormorus amount of dmg, Deesee is a damage focused CW and can output about 120~130k dmg in one rotation, and can pretty much kill most of the ppl at 70~80%HP or two rotate lowrr self healing targets.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    OMG elven battle had 200% cc resistance and then it went down to 80% and now you guys want to nerf it more?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    royinever said:

icyphish said:

CW's dmg is not necessary low, its just that most CWs specced for defensive builds and focus on CC or half half with CC and dmg, however dmg focused CWs can still output enormorus amount of dmg, Deesee is a damage focused CW and can output about 120~130k dmg in one rotation, and can pretty much kill most of the ppl at 70~80%HP or two rotate lowrr self healing targets.

totaly agreed

i think most of the ppl dont realize how much dmg can cw have in pvp

go spellstorm thaum cw , with high arp (at least 120% ri , and againt gwf u want 140% -150% ri) , with high crit (to proke stormspell), with trans dread and twisted weapon set
    and u deal lots of dmg with 1 rotation

againt bis gwf with 200k hp yeh with current meta of self heals u probably not meant to kill him 1 on 1 even with this build , but againt tr ,gf other cws , u be able to kill very well

and not to mantion the new menace of comabt hr, i think full spec dps cw is currently the best chance to kill combat hr
    i mean , no one can take 1 on1 realy good combat hr as it is now , but dps cw has the most chances to kill him
    better then sw, tr , gwf and gf at least

so my point is that if cw only had control i would vote yes for making elven and any kind of control resist less effective againt them , but cws have so much more then control , its just most ppl dont take that path
    if I SEE a cw with negation and kill me on this build i will admit him. BEcause the wizards you talk about all wear elven.
    AND i am not talking about the cc part but the fact it has 1 dodge more !
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    royinever said:

icyphish said:

totaly agreed

i think most of the ppl dont realize how much dmg can cw have in pvp

go spellstorm thaum cw , with high arp (at least 120% ri , and againt gwf u want 140% -150% ri) , with high crit (to proke stormspell), with trans dread and twisted weapon set
    and u deal lots of dmg with 1 rotation

againt bis gwf with 200k hp yeh with current meta of self heals u probably not meant to kill him 1 on 1 even with this build , but againt tr ,gf other cws , u be able to kill very well

and not to mantion the new menace of comabt hr, i think full spec dps cw is currently the best chance to kill combat hr
    i mean , no one can take 1 on1 realy good combat hr as it is now , but dps cw has the most chances to kill him
    better then sw, tr , gwf and gf at least

so my point is that if cw only had control i would vote yes for making elven and any kind of control resist less effective againt them , but cws have so much more then control , its just most ppl dont take that path
    thaumaturge with cc aka with wisdom for me is not dps. IS medium dps to low dps with good cc. but is tanky.
    AND i guess you mean renegade because if you check assailing force on thauma you will laugh. IS half Effective on players and can be resisted and deflected and is not always up. creeping frost warped magics those need get increased damage from buff-debuff to do some serious damage.

SO i guess you mean renegade who is able to have almost 100% upitme combat advantage and the chaotic fury buff.

AND one note i saw wizards like this and had ring of brutality so they are very strong for 10 seconds adn then what.

AND something last cw is not the only class with chain cc.
    tr scoundrel and encounter shadow strike smoke and courage breaker.
    gf swordmaster crescendo-flourish-grifon-bull charge
    gf vnaguard intomitable sterngth-frontline surge-bull charge-grifon
    hr trapper
    sw handar grasp( i type it right? and daily stun
    dc with divinity break the spirit and sun burst.
    op with burning light and the offhand perma daze feature!

BUt I Forgot with elven you dont feel their cc.

• Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Control Wizard needs a rework - That is the obvious Fact.

They are the weakest in terms of DPS in pvp and most squishy ..NOW THAT DOESNT MAKE SENSE !!

Most DPS should be most squishy ...

How did we get to this ?

The CW oppressor path is fair cause no dps but good CC.

But no DPS (path) configuration is viable for a cw atm.

Even as a BIS CW with DPS path you will die in one rotation from a BIS GF/GWF/TR or and HR spamming plant growth, CWs are also no match for a BIS SW which melts CW shield in few seconds with no effort at all... The END is always near for a CW

I mean ...why this unbalance ??

I don't really play my CW (fav class) anymore cause the class is broken and needs urgent attention.

Since Elven battle enchant was "fixed" it added to decreasing the damage from CW by 50-70% because cw damage comes from control/freezing opponents....

Example :

Entagling force now holds a player with elven for about 0.3 seconds LOL

Entangling force will normally hold for 2-4 seconds if player does not have elven battle.

Icey terrain - freezes a player without elven for 2-4 seconds

Icey terrain -A player with elven will freeze for 0.5 seconds

Its obvious that repel is about the only way a cw can try stay alive .... unable to kill any other class with same item level.

Maybe someday ...