test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caveat emptor in the Zen Store

lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
A while back I purchased a 2500 Zen Will O' the Wisp companion for my Control Wizard. I've recently spent some time on that alt, leveled her to 70, and lo and behold, for an unknown reason the Wisp is unable to equip items in any of its three ring slots. It's not the rings that are glitched as I am able to equip them myself or swap them into other companions with no issue.

So I file a ticket. At their request I've provided screenshots of the issue. I'm now on the third or fourth round of responses and PWE is insisting that this is a QA/bug issue and refuses to provide a refund or replacement for the companion.

Obviously the thing's bugged and I'm happy to provide any information that might lead to fixing that bug, but the fact remains that I purchased an item from the Zen store and that item is defective - a companion without gear is less than useless.

This is completely unacceptable. I'm still waiting on the next round of responses from customer service, but in the meantime I thought I'd share with the community and advise anyone thinking of buying anything from the Zen Store to do so cautiously, since Cryptic/PWE seems to feel that they aren't responsible for providing a functioning product even in an extremely clear-cut, direct exchange.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    It wI'll be fixed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Make the companion idle then active again.

And your CS rep is totally ignorant to not just tell you this, but they never seem to have managed to get this issue added to their troubleshooting script.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User

Make the companion idle then active again.

And your CS rep is totally ignorant to not just tell you this, but they never seem to have managed to get this issue added to their troubleshooting script.

This, it's imminently fixable.

• Options
    lhachmacarlhachmacar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    @beckylunatic - Posting this over in reddit as well, because your advice worked and people ought to know.

Thank you *very* much for basically fixing this for me. I apparently don't have enough companions because I have never run into this issue before despite playing since pre-launch.

Sadly it wasn't just one CSR rep, but a grand total of four of them. By the end of the exchange, at which I shared your information with them, they tried arguing that they weren't responsible for replacement/reimbursement because:

- They were unable to investigate the issue
    - The issue is still under investigation
    - The purchase was made a year ago
    - This "unreported" bug was unreproducable.
    - There was a duplicate ticket in their system (which I told them about right off the bat but they didn't catch until our sixth or seventh exchange)

Have to admit, that Cryptic/PWE team is incredible! Just not in a good way.

Anyways, I feel my original warning to the community still stands. I've been a long-term supporter of Cryptic and their games but this will certainly affect my inclination to spend cash on the game rather than use the ZAX or Arc bonus Zen.