test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tenacity and crit resist.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited September 2016 in PvP Discussion
Looking at my sheet I have about 44% crit resist in pvp. The tooltip is as vague as usual "resist x of critical strike damage."

How does this work..?

1) resist 44% of total damage resulting from a crit..?
2) lower my enemy's critchance against me by 44%..? i.e.. enemy has 100% critchance normally, but against me has 56%..?
3) lower my enemy's critchance multiplicatively..? ie. Enemy has 100% but against me 100-(0.44x100)..? Same number I know, but would make a difference at lower than a 100.
4) resist 44% of enemy crit severity. i.e. he has 175 critsev normally, but against me 131..? Effectively the same as 1 I guess.

Thanx.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Thanx. That's a relief actually.
  • drackonautdrackonaut Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    So what would be a good offensive stat to boost for pvp? Just straight power or armor pen. too?

I never thought of using my feytouched in pvp once i got my vorpal. Is it that big of a difference?

Lastly, i was told tenacity soft caps at around 2k (60% resist, 40% other resist). Does this mean, as an HR, i shouldn't go beyond that? What about for a GF?

Thanks in advance for answers!
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    If you are trapper or archer, fey is the best, it makes you tanker, because you reduce enemy damage. Arpen is always a pain, count on tenacity reducing your arpen by 2/3rds, or roughly 66% i.e.. if you have 60 resistance ignored on your sheet, in pvp you really only have 20. If it is multiplicative, which is what I've been told.

People will have 40 defence due to tenacity (if it's additive), plus their own natural defence of whatever, let's say an average 20. If they have negation, add another 30, though initially it won't be up. Call it an extra 15.

So average punter's defence is 75ish. Times that by 3 to get over the arpen resist and you get a hellacious 225% arpen needed to negate all defence. Which is nigh impossible.

In mods 7 and 8 I stacked arpen, reaching 155% resistance ignored at one point. Due to our low damage (then) it still made zero difference effectively. Now maybe it does make a difference, but, since I'm combat this mod, I don't know.

If you are combat atm. you have a choice. Use fey, become really tanky, and stack power, power and more power. If you use vorpal or dread, then take skirmishers gambit, and stack crit, crit and more crit. People will resist 40% or so of your crit damage, but with the added 50% severity from skirmisher, plus 50/75 from your enchat, plus your normal crit severity... this more than makes up for it.

With the amount of heals around in PvP atm. burst damage is really the only way to put a big toon down fast, so combat high crit build is the way to go. Imho.