test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stucked launcher, unable to authenticate..., connection to gameserver timed out

vokehollowvokehollow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
since 14.09. i have huge problems to login my account and character, needs dozens of tries to get the launcher finaly to show the "play" button or if i use the gameclient application the login failed mostly.
now, 16.09. even if i get to the list of characters, the connection to gameserver allways fail during login a character

i am alone with this ? any suggestions ?

Comments

• vokehollowvokehollow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    maybe i forgot to say: all my other web activities are working like intended, never got problems like this for the last 3 years playing this game
  • rangerlenierrangerlenier Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    no you are not alone, mine does it too. just says attempting to connect to controller tracker. i just shut it down and open again. very annoying though
    k, now we are 2 ^^, for the last 2 days i was able to play maybe 2 hours alltogether (maincharacter only, i was too much scared to log an alt^^), even if i make the odyssee through till i see me ingame finaly i dont need to wait long to get a disconnect and the odyssee needs to be started again, today: 0seconds ingame (EU) trying for 4 hours+ now from time to time again, connection to the account server fails, if i get "retrieving list of characters" succeeded the gameserver times out during logging in a character
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    It's very wide spread, it's just the posts tend to move to the forgotten sub-forums.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12881439

And they shouldn't ! As this is a very wide problem, and not specific to an ISP or a person.
    ty micky1p00, i will post a +1 for germany to the discussion^^
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    Best guess, all the bots moving to the game client. Closing the gateway just moved the problem, same as when they removed Leadership from the gateway.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

Best guess, all the bots moving to the game client. Closing the gateway just moved the problem, same as when they removed Leadership from the gateway.

Exactly, now will be unplayable. Simply a very stupid decision from Cryptic :/
  • deusazzadeusazza Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    still going on. seems like live servers gets hammered by these bot servers and invoked a DOS out of it. launcher can't even show the login page now.
    since today afternoon, everything seems to work normal for hours now :)
    hope its the same for u or soon