test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

armor/weapon enchantment full tank

Are there any up to date guides on armor and weapon enchancements, overload slots.

Comments

• oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Those already have adequate information already listed in-game. What kind of guide are you looking for?

Just a tip, some weapon enchantments have increase weapon-damage, don't confuse these with increased damage. This damage is only based on your weapon's base damage rather than the total damage you deal.
    Post edited by oliboyph on
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Negation or soulforged. Shadowclad is more a pvp thing.

Vorpal is an option for conquerors, more damage, more agro.
    Feytouched reduces enemy damage, so better tanking.
    Terror for party buffs.
    Lifedrinker, cause LS is nothing to laugh at in the hands of a GF.
  • dondotta#8907 dondotta Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Ty ghoulz. What i needed
    null
    Ty
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I had the negation, but when I hit around 55% damage resist, and it was lvl 10 and wasn't getting more than 3% per stack(10 stack), I sold it and went with shadowclad, which at rank 11 gives 4% damage resist for 8 stacks on top of deflect bonus. There's arguments about how the deflect stacks, but whatever your stat is(8000=20%), you get 10% bonus for each non deflect. I'm not even close to having rank 12 bondings(2 rank 9's and 1 rank 8), and I still hit 85% damage resist in battle, so im already over the cap. The negation is nice, but as you get stronger you will find that it pushes you over the 80% cap.
    null
    Appreciate info stark. I was wondering that, i bought negate but will buy shadowclad.
    edited September 2016

null

Appreciate info stark. I was wondering that, i bought negate but will buy shadowclad.

Soulforged is also a good option. You can keep it at lesser if don't have the resources for a higher rank. With a lathander's set, you will get healed back to almost full life when you get auto-revived and you heal your party up as well.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
    null
    Nice
  • wabber#5907 wabber Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Even at over cap of defense via negation I still use it, for the extra recovery at trans. Every little bit helps.

The problem I have with shadow clad is its bonus disappears on succesful deflect, whereas if you are not capped on mitigation negation stays. Less ups in downs in HP. Also deflect mitigates so little damage the cost for shadow clad doesn't seem worth it to me.

The math has been done elsewhere but, say you take a 200k hit then it goes through your 80% mitigation from armour that's a 40k that passes through your 80% shield which is an 8k hit. This is the number deflection takes into account for after mitigation. So you have a 50% deflection severity and if you deflect thats a 4k hit.
    Of that 200k hit deflection mitigated 4k which is a 2% mitigation. Not worth it IMO.
    nullso you recommend negate. And is the regular negat enchant useful enough? I have the one above lesser. But if i incest in something i eant it to be useful for a while.

nullso you recommend negate. And is the regular negat enchant useful enough? I have the one above lesser. But if i incest in something i eant it to be useful for a while.

You need to get it to the highest rank to benefit from the recovery boost. Otherwise you are only getting the defensive mitigation boost, which you might have already maxed out.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

Are there any up to date guides on armor and weapon enchancements, overload slots.

T.Bronze + T.Elven
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    @someonedies any explanations about your enchantment choise? I don't find them very usefull for a pve player
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    @abmaiden95
    T.Elven: CC resist and stamina regeneration (infinite shield) is indispensable in tanking (over Negation, you have capped DR anyway.)
    T.Bronze: personal choice (over Feytouched/Holy Avenger);
    tooltip: "Targets struck by your encounter powers become marked. While marked, your at will and encounter powers ignore 16% of the target's armor. You and your allies also do 5% more damage and target's that are marked also do 10% less damage to you. The duration of the Mark is 10 seconds and it has a 20 second cooldown."

"The duration of the Mark is 10 seconds" - but it updates every time you use encounter on the target;
    maybe it's glitch or something, anyhow, that's almost 100% uptime on reco-build.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    @someonedies i still prefer soulforged over elven if the DR is capped but i din't know that bronzewood refresh everytime you use an encounter....this make it really really intresting.