Install Arc
Options

[PC] PvP Solo Queue Event: 9/8-9/15

Comments

• Options
    akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    hedracko said:

I just think its not a good idea, because even if you solo queue there is a chance you get better players against you, like BiS players in the same party, and you lose... it doesn't solve any problems.

If someone solo queues they occasionally will be placed against players better, but if you allow pre-made queues solo players are almost always pitted against better players... That after all is the whole idea behind pre-made queues isn't it - to give one group of players an advantage (some would say unfair advantage) over other groups of players.

There should be a place for pre-made queue groups in PVP...

But they should only be allowed to contest against other pre-made queue groups - period, and everyone else should just be put in random queue groups to compete against other randomly selected players in anothe queue group (of a similar character level).

This still won't address the inequality of players able to obtain much higher level item level gear -vs- people who play with only the gear they pick up actually doing regular quests in the game (IMO) but I figure there is no fix for that.

Oh, and who's idea was it to run the PVP solo event to see how many people participate at the same time as the CTA: Battle for the Bridge event?

Any figures about participation in the Solo PVP event is going to be seriously skewed because of players having to choose between Solo PVP and CTA

• Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    since both feats and gear used for PVP and PVE are different it would be very awsome if they allowed us to have 1 toon that can use either the PVP version of himself or PVP have like the same toon geared for PVP and PVE but with a switch button which mode you want your build at that time because let's face it not everyone has time to gear toons for PVP by going through all campaing and shitt so with an option like this i'm pretty sure it would be much much better and more appealing for palyers to paly PVP and PVE at same time
    i hope my idea is kinda clear as i'm lacking sometimes in explaining :D
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2016

vinceent1 said:

vinceent1 said:

I'm a 3.9 cw and when I soloed pvp I got crushed, spawn die spawn die. There is no way you can compete with a gh 20 , so il is irrelevant. Like I said the big pvp guild raced to gh 20 to get the first unfair advantage .And they all cry that there is no competition . Let me tell you a secret, people have better things to do than spawn die spawn die.

This shows how little you understand about "Big PVP guild". When we were "racing" to rank 20 it was to play against other "Big PVP guild"s who were doing the same. There was no unfair advantage because we all had the same goal in mind. Now, the problem was that the game became boring for many end game players. The PVE grind and the lack of new PVP maps/types finally made many of them quit playing.

Let me tell you a secret, if you want to get GH rank 20 Boons.... Join a big Guild. Those of us with big guilds did actually work to get those and don't feel sorry for those who are more casual. Our biggest disappointment about PVP was the lack of a PM vs PM lobby, new maps, and class balancing.

It sounds like the crying going on here is not from those guilds.
    so we are casuals when not in a big guild, like seriously? wake up, endgame dont belong to big guilds only
    endgame guilds are definitely not casuals. If vice versa is not true then forgive me, however in your knee jerk reaction you missed the actual point.
    maybe knee jerk, but i dont miss any point
    The point you missed, meaning the only point that mattered, was that if he doesn't like playing against rank 20 SH guilds, he could always join one. However, you were too concerned that I might make casuals feel like they aren't end gamers or that lower level guilds are casuals to notice this. He was plainly talking about end game guilds, i.e. rank 20 guilds. This is the point, is it obvious enough now or do I need to reaffirm your non casual status to make you feel better?
    I would top that missed point by stating: We would not be in this kind of misery if SH Boons, drains, legendary mounts, insignia etc would have a place of PVP. This kind of silly stuff normally should stay out imo.

Noone really wants to tell me, that this system is not 110% contraproductive to get a healthy PVP community.
    I would say this system favorites a player-type, who likes to run 24/7 with a permanent advantage aginst lower IL player.
    This is what you could see the last years, lately things got better, but too late. PVP was dead/is dead looking at the ammount of player , who care about it.
    A system that gives a class or a guild an essential advatage over another player/group will allways be corrupted and a playground for player, who likes to exploit it.
    Some try to ban stuff like drains, some try to educate player implenting policies of conduction. But it is like in real life, the one with the biggest car, most money or, the most resources will win the game., because very few come here to show consideration or express their charity in PVP.

Now I read some PVP player rant against soloqueue. Why and what do you exactly want? Back to PM/semipremade, really?
    If we get a soloqueue and the old queue for premade, most player should be satisfied. In case premade queue stays abandoned, I only can think about one reason.
    Everyone dislikes never ending 5 vs 5 PM´s without kills , only hopping from one node to the next, playing node chess all day.
  • Options
    tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User
    I'm personally completely convinced in this way to queue. I quit pvp short time ago and did some games here. I don't know If I was lucky but I was grouped in equilibrated parties and had a good time even with my actual pve build. Nice job devs !
    Ps : still got the bug that a player joins a not full party. Problematic when players have gg before...
  • Options
    fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    The new PVP Solo queue system is wonderful and marvelous , lots of new faces and compliments to the Neverwinter Andy & development team..

Big UP !!! B)

alot more close matches than before for sure ..

Its not perfect yet , some matches are seriously unblanced but ratio's are not bad...def some work on matchmaking required but in summary great innitiative ;)
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I use the same gear for pvp as pve.. I only play in pvp gear... and I have 3 sets of pvp gear with me at all times. Each set has a purpose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I like the event - I don't like the fact that it runs concurrently with the "CTA: Battle for the Bridge" event...

Now people have to choose whether to participate in the Solo Queue for PVP - or whether they want to do the CTA event.

Common'! If you're running the Solo PVP trial to see how many people participate, why would you want to run it at the same time a CTA event is running?

I admit the CTA has meant that I've done fewer PvP matches on the weekend than I would have otherwise. Two skirmishes worth of AD per day on even my weaker alts is hard to argue with.

And queuing for PvP has really emphasized how badly set up you are for any other activity while waiting for the queue to pop. Adventuring in PvP equipment was slower but livable, but I was trying to mine relics and not aggro anything with my PvP powers in place to avoid fumbling with them prior to match start, since I have no muscle memory established to do it quickly (I can go PvE AoE to single-target fairly rapidly because of practice). It wasn't very fun, but it also beat standing around.

Fast-change power load-outs please. (Dual spec would be lovely, but baby steps, eh?)

The queue would also drop you instead of placing you back in queue if someone declined (or timed out from boredom), so I lost a few minutes because I didn't realize it hadn't put me back in. That was irksome. Queueing for the CTA, it'll just keep trying until you get in.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    So now it goes from adding one more queue to four? solo, duo/trio, regular, premade... anything else? this seems to happen everytime something new is introduced. everyone keeps wanting more and more "give them a hand they want the arm" how long has pvp been in game? there are still only two dom maps! you really think theyll add all of those queues? lol how about give good feedback about the currently offered event, solo queue. there will never be enough premades to keep a queue alive. what should happen is the ability to form your own pvp private queue, that way you can settle any grudges. brackets for pvp sounds intriguing, but players should also be encouraged to actually get better. pve is held to the same standards, why would pvp be any different?
  • Options
    silver11#9318 silver11 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    solo queue should be SOLO. if you want to duo, go into regular. then youll be paired with a trio, have fun!
  • Options
    lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2016

solo queue should be SOLO. if you want to duo, go into regular. then youll be paired with a trio, have fun!

The solo queue is not solo anyway. Everybody is syncing up and then kicking til they get full 4k teams.

In my experience "Everybody" is rather a minority, at least considering the "kicking" part and i have played quite a number of games in the soloque event. If players get kicked, it is usually because they are afk at camp. And the syncing problem can easily be solved by creating the teams, after everyone as accepted the que. That way, if 5 4k players have qued at the same time, 2 will be in one team and 3 in the other. Also as more and more people pick up playing pvp again, syncing will also be a lot harder. Remember when Tiamat started and how difficult it was to get into the same instance as your friends? Same would happen here.

I can not see any sense in a douque system. You are just reinviting the old problems. With a low geared team, you can beat a team with one 4k player (i am one myself, so i should know) with good movement and coordination, but never vs. 2 high geared players, as they will be able to clear nodes very fast, especially if a HR is involved. Also what about the other 3 players? If they que solo, chnces are, they will have to fight vs. high geared players, who qued duo, at the very least one of them will have to. But why should anyone que solo in a dou que pvp, if he/she can just que solo and hope for a more ballanced fight?
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I'm still too often getting one shotted in PVP with a gear score of 22K on the solo matches.

Basically there was one player on the other team that would kill everyone on the opposing team without taking any visible damage himself regardless of how many people were attacking him.

PVP is the same as it always has been, those with the gear and item evel (nothing to do with fighting technique or skill) to sustain and deal massive amounts of damage pitted against people who cannot acquire that same kind of gear dominating PVP.

I did give it a shot, but as I said nothing's changed people who can either buy or accumulate their way into better gear still dominate and those without left with nothing despite their repeated attempts.

I appreciate the trial and thought behind PVP solos - but unless and until the disparaity of those who so severely over power other players is resolved, I figure this will remain a contest exclusively for those who can acquire (buy or by other means) the gear they need to survive.
    DD~
  • Options
    akichidakichid Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    dionchi said:

I'm still too often getting one shotted in PVP with a gear score of 22K on the solo matches.

Basically there was one player on the other team that would kill everyone on the opposing team without taking any visible damage himself regardless of how many people were attacking him.

PVP is the same as it always has been, those with the gear and item evel (nothing to do with fighting technique or skill) to sustain and deal massive amounts of damage pitted against people who cannot acquire that same kind of gear dominating PVP.

I did give it a shot, but as I said nothing's changed people who can either buy or accumulate their way into better gear still dominate and those without left with nothing despite their repeated attempts.

I appreciate the trial and thought behind PVP solos - but unless and until the disparaity of those who so severely over power other players is resolved, I figure this will remain a contest exclusively for those who can acquire (buy or by other means) the gear they need to survive.

Ditto...

PVP is still a case of the "have's" and "have-nots" when it comes to armor and items.

As I see it PVP is esclusively for the people who can afford to spend money to buy (or other wise accumulate) their high level weapons armor and enchantments and those who cannot or will not spend that kind of money (or don't have alternate means to obtain those kinds of items) shouldn't even think about attempting PVP unless they just enjoy getting their butts kicked repeatedly - or just happen to fall into a group of over powered high item level players.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I suggested a while ago there should be a private arena where you can host pvp games, first a given queue group enters the arena and creates a password, then you give the password to another guild or group and they can enter and have all the pvp matches they want.

Guild vs guilds stats could be recorded, including single players stats.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    Of course, there are groups of players queueing in sync to cheat and ruin the event, but so far, I have yet to lose a single game on my DC. I lost one technically due to the fact that I joined a party that was losing already, with a member who dropped, but that doesn't count. Now I can feel the true power of the cleric in pvp again. B)
  • Options
    There have been alot of positive feedback from this solo pvp queue system .... B)

The devs just need to look at how they can counter the fact tht sometimes some high geared players players are queuing together waiting for the pop and un-equipping gear before match .. LOL - ridiculous how people cheat to win ...rather pathetic tbh .. winning can never be as sweet if you are a cheater ... ;)

So yeah the matchmaking needs some work , but otherwise people are really enjoying pvp again and the new pvp gear which is now alot easier to obtain as they do get wins/glory/seals & rewards more often.

This is what pvp should be unless you go 5v5 premade which is also good - Private(Lobby) Q system for premades - im sure will follow next after solo queue matchmaking etc got some attention)

*** Many of my friends have returned to pvp with this new solo system after 2 years of absence so thanks for that :D

• Options
    brandeleobrandeleo Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i think this should be done with IL restrictions with a 500 IL gap as in 2k - 2.5k and 2.6k - 3k and 3.1k and so on if they can have restricctions on levels for pvp y not IL let it only display pvp for IL. i believe PVP is a test of skill of build although it will have guild boons this will mean that more players will commit to either putting more working into their guild to get it into the higher ranks or join a high rank guild which will most likely have high requirements. and eventho i hate drains its made for pvp so ppl shouldnt dislike it as much. this will absolutly make pvp balanced in the way that players will have to work together as a team and even in pre mades it will be more fun as the team work will be better. if cryptic really wants to make pvp work they should consider this for domination and gaunt as it will help lower IL players get a chance to enjoy pvp. ppl just stop enjoying as they see a 4k on the other side and just trade caps which is stupid in my opinion. let pvp be a test of skill, preparation, team work and strategy and also have some zen items for pvp to make it innovative banners are useful with a team and enemy with the same IL so its more like anything can happen as its all about what can one player do in a game to tip the scale.
  • Options
    brandeleobrandeleo Member Posts: 2 Arc User

for those who said have an item lvl requirement--- really just no cause you can just lower your item lvl and beat weak players. i think having it completely random is better then some not all players doing that. i know not all pvp'er are mean and lower their item lvl to get easy win but their still are players like that.
    but i do agree their needs to be some way for weaker players with no boons or lower tenacity or weaker gear to fight others of the same sort.

this is how we can use pre made with IL requirements tho even tho boons play a big role it means players will have to work for it atleast it should be IL range so u will get some strong and week players and for 70 pvp there should be a requirement of 2k with tenacity well the tenacity is optional but it will force player to wear pvp gear but i think IL should be good
  • Options
    @ Andy Strumslinger - When do you think the solo q will become permanent ?

Thanks
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I have to say solo q was a blast! Playing on a couple characters of very different IL, I found both to be quite satisfying. Matches were usually rather fair, and I managed to win more than I lost. I had basically written off pvp in this game, but when this finally becomes permanent, I think I'll be adding pvp back into my regular play. I'll probably also look into pvp with my other alts too, adding another layer onto finishing them. I might even dust off my secondary alts (from back when I daydreamed about having a pve and a pvp version of each class), and spec some of my main alts for pvp.

Well played, Cryptic. Well played.
  • Options
    saiuriefayesaiuriefaye Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    PLEASE bring this back asap this was the only way some of us was getting our gear this was fun. it wasnt a complete slaughter and was exciting. even when you are on the winning team nowadays with the sys the way it is its BORING its slaughter the other team till someone calls GG and they trade out bases for points what is the fun in that? PLEASE BRING IT BACK LIKE NOW LOL
  • Options
    nilchetnilchet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    I am more of a lurker in the forums, but have to put in my 2 pence. since the solo-q was removed: first day after wasn't bad.. still had enough stragglers to make some matches worth while. after that nothing but premade vs pug. i mean NOTHING but. today, after 2 minutes i bailed on the last match (ending non stop pug stomps for days), changed into pve gear and said goodbye again to pvp until this pathetic matching HAMSTER is sorted out. sad...when i have 3 pvp toons..that never get used because its a waste of my time. don't mind losing if there is even a chance and i can put up a fight, when there isn't a chance...

hope y'all bring it back with haste. cheers!
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Update: we're going to introduce the PvP duo queue this weekend in the same vain as the solo queue.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

This discussion has been closed.