test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] PvP Solo Queue Event: 9/8-9/15

Comments

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Why just not put queue ranges by IL and offer the option to play without boons for IL lower than 2.5k?
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    I think the point of this thread was the voice if you liked or disliked the event
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    +1 for keeping this queue in game perm. have been solo'ing for the last day and must say the matches are better than solo'ing before. nothing is perfect but this is a good addition to the game
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I love this idea making a pvp solo event like this. Finally a PvP event that I can play with another PvE players using my (only) PvE set !!!

To make thing better, make this permanent in all pvp events with THIS RULE:

PvP Solo players can only enter if your character have 0 Tenacity. Inventory and VIP menus are disabled when the queue window appear, and during the pvp solo event (to prevent equip switching)

Another good point is separate players with a IL range: 3,5k IL players can only have parties and opponents with 3,5k IL for example.

PS.: Bad english
    2fv72Fw.png
  • lonewolfmk1lonewolfmk1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I really like the option to soloque, an option i have been wishing for quite some time. Now the premades can fight each other as they usually prefer (and yes i have run premades with large pvp guilds and in my experience they prefer fair fights to one sided slaughter) and low geared players have a better chance for some fun in pvp.

I also prefer mixed teams on both side with high and low geared players, as this adds some more tactical thinking to the game. Sure, your 2.2 itl TR will get killed in seconds by that 3.8k HR, but you can either attack weaker opponents, contest nodes or tie up that 4k OP on a node. Movement and knowing when to pick your fights (even when you cant win but just stall for some secs) is the key.

All that is left now to do to make pvp again a fun experience on which you can build is establish a working elo system. Also banning SH boons would be nice, though thats too much to hope for, so i suggest to calculate all boons, insignia boni etc. into the itl and divide players into the teams accordingly.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    My experience with the solo queue has been quite positive. My PVE characters can really contribute to the fights. Solo queues simply distribute players in a more balanced way. I really hope that you could keep this solo queue option permanently.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

I'm a 3.9 cw and when I soloed pvp I got crushed, spawn die spawn die. There is no way you can compete with a gh 20 , so il is irrelevant. Like I said the big pvp guild raced to gh 20 to get the first unfair advantage .And they all cry that there is no competition . Let me tell you a secret, people have better things to do than spawn die spawn die.

This shows how little you understand about "Big PVP guild". When we were "racing" to rank 20 it was to play against other "Big PVP guild"s who were doing the same. There was no unfair advantage because we all had the same goal in mind. Now, the problem was that the game became boring for many end game players. The PVE grind and the lack of new PVP maps/types finally made many of them quit playing.

Let me tell you a secret, if you want to get GH rank 20 Boons.... Join a big Guild. Those of us with big guilds did actually work to get those and don't feel sorry for those who are more casual. Our biggest disappointment about PVP was the lack of a PM vs PM lobby, new maps, and class balancing.

It sounds like the crying going on here is not from those guilds.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

I'm a 3.9 cw and when I soloed pvp I got crushed, spawn die spawn die. There is no way you can compete with a gh 20 , so il is irrelevant. Like I said the big pvp guild raced to gh 20 to get the first unfair advantage .And they all cry that there is no competition . Let me tell you a secret, people have better things to do than spawn die spawn die.

This shows how little you understand about "Big PVP guild". When we were "racing" to rank 20 it was to play against other "Big PVP guild"s who were doing the same. There was no unfair advantage because we all had the same goal in mind. Now, the problem was that the game became boring for many end game players. The PVE grind and the lack of new PVP maps/types finally made many of them quit playing.

Let me tell you a secret, if you want to get GH rank 20 Boons.... Join a big Guild. Those of us with big guilds did actually work to get those and don't feel sorry for those who are more casual. Our biggest disappointment about PVP was the lack of a PM vs PM lobby, new maps, and class balancing.

so we are casuals when not in a big guild, like seriously? wake up, endgame dont belong to big guilds only
    vinceent1 said:

so we are casuals when not in a big guild, like seriously? wake up, endgame dont belong to big guilds only
    endgame guilds are definitely not casuals. If vice versa is not true then forgive me, however in your knee jerk reaction you missed the actual point.

imgur pics don't work

vinceent1 said:

endgame guilds are definitely not casuals. If vice versa is not true then forgive me, however in your knee jerk reaction you missed the actual point.
    maybe knee jerk, but i dont miss any point
    vinceent1 said:

vinceent1 said:

The point you missed, meaning the only point that mattered, was that if he doesn't like playing against rank 20 SH guilds, he could always join one. However, you were too concerned that I might make casuals feel like they aren't end gamers or that lower level guilds are casuals to notice this. He was plainly talking about end game guilds, i.e. rank 20 guilds. This is the point, is it obvious enough now or do I need to reaffirm your non casual status to make you feel better?

imgur pics don't work

• razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Already better than it was for a long time, but queue syncing still allows some stumping - to make it less worthwhile, the 10 in queue might have to be randomly split into the 2 groups.

vinceent1 said:

vinceent1 said:

The point you missed, meaning the only point that mattered, was that if he doesn't like playing against rank 20 SH guilds, he could always join one. However, you were too concerned that I might make casuals feel like they aren't end gamers or that lower level guilds are casuals to notice this. He was plainly talking about end game guilds, i.e. rank 20 guilds. This is the point, is it obvious enough now or do I need to reaffirm your non casual status to make you feel better?
    so its vincent against endgame guilds for you? c mon
    edited September 2016
    i dont think we need any duo que at the moment. just keep single que and rework normal que to full premade que so guilds can use it to pick up matches and community should use it for creating tournaments etc.
    edited September 2016
    vinceent1 said:

i dont think we need any duo que at the moment. just keep single que and rework normal que to full premade que so guilds can use it to pick up matches and community should use it for creating tournaments etc.

You don't seem to understand, and this is what I keep telling you and everyone who complains that PVP guilds don't Premade each other and wind up in Q against pugs. The regular Q doesn't match Premade vs. Premade. You can sit in that Q for hours deliberately trying to sync Q with other Premade groups and still get pugs. Like, I don't know how else to explain this. There should be Solo Q, Duo/Trio Q, and Premade lobby (specifically for use for Premade vs. Premade that two groups can enter and be instantly matched). This is the only way to create "coummunity tournaments"... It's what the PVP community asked for since the beginning.

The problem is that at this point there may not even be enough PVP guilds to form full parties for Premade vs. Premade. So many PVP players left because devs wouldn't listen to the community. I'm not sure if bringing the Lobby back now would perhaps kickstart that portion of the community.

There are also people who like to hang out with one or two friends and play who also don't want to meet full premades or join a full premade, this is both for the casual player as well as the PVPer. Sometimes you just want to chill and hang with a friend or two. So to say it's either solo or Premade is pretty silly as well. You should have multiple options like the devs are considering at this point.

One last thing I would suggest would be to get rid of anything except rainbows. This "only 2 of a class" is still just terrible matchmaking. Every mod there is at least one overpowered class in PVP. Every mod there will be a ton of people playing that class. Stop allowing 2 of that overpowered class on one team. Force rainbows, every time. Like this should be obvious as well. It's definitely improvement to get rid of 5 man teams of the OP class but it's arbitrary to say, ok we'll just allow 2 of that OP class.

imgur pics don't work

edited September 2016

vinceent1 said:

You don't seem to understand, and this is what I keep telling you and everyone who complains that PVP guilds don't Premade each other and wind up in Q against pugs. The regular Q doesn't match Premade vs. Premade. You can sit in that Q for hours deliberately trying to sync Q with other Premade groups and still get pugs. Like, I don't know how else to explain this. There should be Solo Q, Duo/Trio Q, and Premade lobby (specifically for use for Premade vs. Premade that two groups can enter and be instantly matched). This is the only way to create "coummunity tournaments"... It's what the PVP community asked for since the beginning.

The problem is that at this point there may not even be enough PVP guilds to form full parties for Premade vs. Premade. So many PVP players left because devs wouldn't listen to the community. I'm not sure if bringing the Lobby back now would perhaps kickstart that portion of the community.

There are also people who like to hang out with one or two friends and play who also don't want to meet full premades or join a full premade, this is both for the casual player as well as the PVPer. Sometimes you just want to chill and hang with a friend or two. So to say it's either solo or Premade is pretty silly as well. You should have multiple options like the devs are considering at this point.

One last thing I would suggest would be to get rid of anything except rainbows. This "only 2 of a class" is still just terrible matchmaking. Every mod there is at least one overpowered class in PVP. Every mod there will be a ton of people playing that class. Stop allowing 2 of that overpowered class on one team. Force rainbows, every time. Like this should be obvious as well. It's definitely improvement to get rid of 5 man teams of the OP class but it's arbitrary to say, ok we'll just allow 2 of that OP class.
    whenever last time you try sync premade vs premade que? during solo que event? it is full of pugs still? rayrdan saying he made premade vs premade run yesterday and it dont seems like hard to trigger

i am glad you admit that there is no longer enough premaders to make full premade que occupied, if the solution is allow solo que and then duo-trio as another option (and leave full premade que for later times or only special) for everyday pvp, i agree.

solo que needs to remain, its only hope for weaker players (dont say they dont deserve more)
    vinceent1 said:

vinceent1 said:

whenever last time you try sync premade vs premade que? during solo que event? it is full of pugs still? rayrdan saying he made premade vs premade run yesterday and it dont seems like hard to trigger

i am glad you admit that there is no longer enough premaders to make full premade que occupied, if the solution is allow solo que and then duo-trio as another option (and leave full premade que for later times) for everyday pvp, i agree.
    I did not suggest to completely leave full premades out. Doing that simply negates that there would ever be a PVP community again, I stated that a lot of PVPers left the game and that finding full PMs may be difficult at first but might kickstart the community again. Don't twist my words to your desires.

imgur pics don't work

good answer everone leave their guild and join a lvl 20 lol. Yea and we all see you big guild trolling DV and pass thinking your cute killing the lower levels trying to mine ice. nice try. there is more of your unfair advantage. suck it up butter cup. you can paint any way you like.
    LOL, trolling DV? That's so 4 mods ago bro. We have an advantage that we worked for, there's nothing unfair about it. You can either get that advantage by ranking up, or by joining. Crying about not having what you didn't work for sounds like someone wants a handout. You can paint it any way you like, but there is nothing unfair about it, work hard, play hard... get the coolest stuff.

imgur pics don't work

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    that pvp gear sadly means nothing without rank 10+ on top of it
    rayrdan said:

that pvp gear sadly means nothing without rank 10+ on top of it

Tenacity + rank 12 + Legend mounts + purple insignias + rank 10 Boons + all campaign boons = No IL can properly describe the difference. Thus the reason Q's should better balance players by some method and PM lobbies can balance themselves (i.e. low geared PMs vs low geared and high vs high).

imgur pics don't work

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I figured I would chime in with some feedback here. I played 5 games last night through solo Q, and 4 of them felt as unbalanced as good old pug (net iLvl difference of at least 4,000 between teams). One was legit fun.

I'm not sure if their system is attempting to balance iLvl in any way, but perhaps once each match is confirmed (10 players accepted) it could shuffle the players around to try to make the match as balanced as possible?
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I like the idea of duos sharing the solo Q, but the root of all evil is bad matchmaking. If the two best players in a match are a BiS super duo, it could be ok if they get teamed with the lowest 3 players in that match. Despite the raging, 2 players can't win a match alone, not against a reasonably intelligent enemy team. If I could choose to be on a team with 2 4k+ and 3 2k- versus team of all ~3ks, I'll take the 3ks every time. (Obviously, using IL is oversimplifying for the sake of argument.) All of that is if the Duo is BiS, otherwise, no harm no foul.

If the solo/duo matchmaking is done from a 10-man perspective, you can balance out just about any lopsided team. If done from putting together a 5-man, then match it up against the next 5-man, there could be some problems.

I don't have a stake in premades, so I don't have a very worthwhile opinion on the matter, but I've always liked the PM lobby idea. If they implemented that, I might even consider giving it a whirl.

The last few days of Solo Q have been really fun though. About half the matches seem a little lopsided, while the other half are pretty fair. That's a drastic improvement over 80% heavily lopsided! On a side note, it was kinda fun trolling Icyphish, repeatedly repelling him off of node 1 until he left for greener pastures the other night. :smiley:
  • chiholder2chiholder2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    denvald said:

I think the point of this thread was the voice if you liked or disliked the event

I like the event - I don't like the fact that it runs concurrently with the "CTA: Battle for the Bridge" event...

Now people have to choose whether to participate in the Solo Queue for PVP - or whether they want to do the CTA event.

Common'! If you're running the Solo PVP trial to see how many people participate, why would you want to run it at the same time a CTA event is running?

As for how many people will participate in the Solo PVP event might I make a speculative guess?

'Fewer people than would participate if the CTA Battle for the Bridge event wasn't running at the same time'... "?

Sheech ~
This discussion has been closed.