test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Fiend Folio (show us your creatures)

2»

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    edited May 2015
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These creatures are from "A Mere Expedition!" (NW-DIAAPG3S4)

Yuan-ti:

lwJY7ijl.jpg

Wraith:

Car5yu3l.jpg?1

Tanglebone Golem:

k1pxs7U.jpg?1

Far Realms Horror:

wS6XN06.jpg?1
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These next creatures are from the sequel to "A Mere Expedition!" which is still a work in progress:

Tomb Guardians:

ZcVhumQ.jpg?2LjI60KO.jpg?2
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wow, awesome designs Eldarth and Essenti!
    Here's my vampire trio from "Prologue: The castle gates" Dimitri, Carmilla and Lilith.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited May 2015
  • gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My attempt at recreating the Neverwinter Guardians.
    (Knox is already an NPC)

afCTS5c.jpg
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Ogre mage:

Deva:

Shield Guardian:
    Post edited by dtz on
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Also, the ton of devils I made for one of my quests:

Assassin Devil:

Burning Devil:

Pain Devil:

Rage Devil:

Seared Devil:

Storm Devil:

Vizier Devil:

War Devil:
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    How do you add wings? I made this, but I wanted to add wings:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • cushparlcushparl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User

How do you add wings? I made this, but I wanted to add wings:

You can not add them. You have to use a base model that already has them.
    edited September 2016
    Ah, I see.

Well,, after more tinkering I came up with this:

The first was based on a Tiefling, the second an Ashmadai. Any way to make the skin darker? Or is that one of those things that has to be part of the base model?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • cushparlcushparl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Err... it's complicated ^^

You can pick a different skin colour, but there is no brightness adjustment or something.
    You can only do this with certain skin types (i think, "non-monster" ones).
    However, the chosen colour will stick if you switch then back to a "monster"-skin type (like "fomorian" or "zombie").
    The problem with black is, that your shader quality settings need to be high enough. If they are too low, it will be displayed as brown.
    Hmm... I see. Good to know.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    Dretch:

Minotaur:

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

There are a few more characters I still need to work on and some issues with triggered events and dialog.

wb-cenders.gif
  • adran07adran07 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Would it be possible to get some help from you guys with making some skins for characters in my quest? Right now I can't even get in the game, so I don't need it yet, but I'm hoping to make some really high quality quests, but just looking at the first few pictures in this post tells me I'm not even CLOSE to tapping the potential of the monster appearances, and some of the ideas I have will work better if they're more interesting. So, is it possible? I only need skin ideas based on some descriptions and instructions on how to make them, since I'm pretty sure you can't just make a skin then let me copy it into my Foundry (though we should totally be able to).
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Much of it deals with using the Advanced button in the Costume tab and manipulating sliders until you reach the desired effect. You have to find a creature that is close to what you envision and change its appearance, then find the encounter that is close to how the intended creature acts/attacks. You are limited on "boss" fights to only several encounters with elite creatures, as there are no true boss encounters. For example, the Ogre Mage "boss" encounter in "Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v2]" is actually a Plaguechanged Maw encounter. There are no dragons aside from wyrmlings, it's a frequently asked question.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • adran07adran07 Member Posts: 51 Arc User

Much of it deals with using the Advanced button in the Costume tab and manipulating sliders until you reach the desired effect. You have to find a creature that is close to what you envision and change its appearance, then find the encounter that is close to how the intended creature acts/attacks. You are limited on "boss" fights to only several encounters with elite creatures, as there are no true boss encounters. For example, the Ogre Mage "boss" encounter in "Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v2]" is actually a Plaguechanged Maw encounter. There are no dragons aside from wyrmlings, it's a frequently asked question.

I've been using the Foundry since open beta, so I'm familiar with a lot of stuff, but I've also been gone from the game for big chunks of time, the most recent being about 2 years long. My main reason for asking this is because those people who have been playing for that time actually know what does what. I'm not that familiar with the options, so it would take me 5x as long to do what someone who has been playing the game a lot more recently could do in probably a few hours tops. The little tricks people pick up as they do this kind of thing for a while can make a big difference in the quality too. This is mainly why I'm asking for help with this part. It's the one area I'm going to be weak in, since it's something I was never very good at to begin with. Some of the things here I have no idea how to make. I honestly think the quest would be much better if I tapped the potential shown here, as some of the creatures made here are just amazing, and well beyond what I could reasonably do in the month I've got to really work on this. If it's not done by then, I could at most work on it occasionally for maybe another month before I'd have to focus my energy on other things I've got going on in my life.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    sorry if it was necro'ed.
    i like that "wraith".
    want to see it with etherial black shadowy wings on it, for Wraith Lord.
    Here's a better pic of what I posted earlier:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    aww... that link died...

there you go.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • warrfb#9532 warrfb Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Amazing work everyone. That Neverwinter hero team is far better thn what i managed to.
This discussion has been closed.