test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

curious about Auction House, how they doing?

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
since invoking nerfed and switched to bonus after when you claim ADs.

how was the market? busy? or players begin to withhold? items getting unsold?

Comments

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Its too soon to see the effects.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have six characters, points are starting to "pile up". I am a retired grandma, I don't see how normal players or casual players will be able to keep from losing once the 100K cap is hit. Therefore it could be 10 weeks before there is change in the AH to notice.

I will have to either; give up invoking to clear the bank or start pounding Red Bulls™ and shouting Hodor!™ at my screen, while I run the same dungeons over and over and over... I don't know if I will go blind or die of renal failure first.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Auction house prices vary by item, but they are currently running anywhere from a 100% increase to sometimes 200-300% higher for glyphs. Weapon and armor enchants are 50-100% higher in price than they were preceding the module release. This happens every module, eventually prices moderate as time passes.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    wylonus said:

since invoking nerfed and switched to bonus after when you claim ADs.

how was the market? busy? or players begin to withhold? items getting unsold?

there is a tool on another forum that tracks prices in auction house. a little bit of google can help you to find it.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ian Darksword has a valid point here. For example; expect to see refining stones to jump up in price as double RP starts the 1st of next month. Also you could see a dip in the salvage items such as; Ring of Ambush +1 for example. They were getting 3000 salvage price and asked 3200 to 3500 for them. Now the salvage is only 2000 so the price is dipping.

yokki1 is talking about the unofficial forum database listed on the official wiki here; http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Auction_House
    It is listed under "external links" so no need to Google.

EDIT: I looked over the Zax numbers on the Zax Tracker. Last year, in September, the volume dropped 2.2 million to 15,000. There is just no way the community "gobbled up" 2.2 million Zen from September 9th to September 23rd. Can anyone confirm or deny that Cryptic just ate the Zen to "fix" the economy? No matter the cause, the result was Zen prices dropped from 500 AD to 380 AD. Zen remained below 450 until March 23rd of this year. It slowly climbed back to 500 and has held there between 490 to 500.
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User

EDIT: I looked over the Zax numbers on the Zax Tracker. Last year, in September, the volume dropped 2.2 million to 15,000. There is just no way the community "gobbled up" 2.2 million Zen from September 9th to September 23rd. Can anyone confirm or deny that Cryptic just ate the Zen to "fix" the economy? No matter the cause, the result was Zen prices dropped from 500 AD to 380 AD. Zen remained below 450 until March 23rd of this year. It slowly climbed back to 500 and has held there between 490 to 500.

A year ago, AD generation was removed from leadership profession.
    From what is know, a casual player could earn millions of AD per week, just by enough Leadership twinks.

That was removed (first from the gateway, later altogether from the game) and the AD supply dried up
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

Ian Darksword has a valid point here. For example; expect to see refining stones to jump up in price as double RP starts the 1st of next month. Also you could see a dip in the salvage items such as; Ring of Ambush +1 for example. They were getting 3000 salvage price and asked 3200 to 3500 for them. Now the salvage is only 2000 so the price is dipping.

yokki1 is talking about the unofficial forum database listed on the official wiki here; http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Auction_House
    It is listed under "external links" so no need to Google.

there is ZERO chance they will ever admit it if that happens.
  • Options
    update report on auction house activity?
    gone bad? slow sales? price inflated or falling?
  • Options
    wylonus said:

update report on auction house activity?
    gone bad? slow sales? price inflated or falling?

The AH can be viewed offline, even by phone at the official gateway. Here I ran some salvageable rings and sorted by date expires. Looks like the price is holding for +2 but +1 is dropping because the change to salvage.

Meanwhile refinement and enchanting is climbing for the 2x RP weekend.

But as I said before, it could be 10 weeks before there is a change in the AH to track.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    ok, thank very much. will wait in few weeks
  • Options
    nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Trying to play with monetary policy to affect prices isn't really going to have the intended effects -- there's too many whales out there that can still distort prices.

A simpler-- but so far unused -- approach is basic supply & demand. Right now, epic mounts are in the 10 million + AD range. That is because Cryptic keeps a very tight leash on the supply. If epic mounts popped out of every third dungeon run, would they still cost as much? Not a chance.

If you want prices to really come down, have every dungeon miniboss and boss be a loot pinata. More sellers means competition and lower prices.
  • Options
    @wylonus as of today, I can tell you it is getting impossible to buy a +2 ring in the AH. I was online a few hours ago shopping for a Ring of Orcus +2, there was only 27 rings at +2 and not a one was Orcus. There are a few factors that contribute to this effect.

NOTE: This is only my opinion.
    1. Due to the drop in salvage people are no longer getting 3K from just the salvage but with a BAD of 1K or more they get 2K RAD + 1K BAD.
    2. Players haven't been able to access the professions all weekend from the website gateway and HQ rings are not being produced by the players.
    3. It seems players are no longer concerned about the needs of the guild, questing, multiple characters, or the professions. Focus is shifted to what they need for just one or two characters to progress in the game.

Tracking my six characters is quite a chore. I have to choose between running dungeons and skirmish for my BAD, working professions, and running routine repeatable quests. Over the double RP weekend I was able to upgrade weapons on my main 2 characters but this caused me to lose focus on the remaining four.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

@wylonus as of today, I can tell you it is getting impossible to buy a +2 ring in the AH. I was online a few hours ago shopping for a Ring of Orcus +2, there was only 27 rings at +2 and not a one was Orcus. There are a few factors that contribute to this effect.

Actually, the AH kittened the bed yesterday and ate all the auctions again, so everything you saw listed was items that had been (re)posted since the outage.

And of course, Gateway being down makes relisting your items way more of a pain than necessary even if you're aware that you need to.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    okay, thanks, then it mean the price in AH went up? and lack of other activities since mod 10 made us play the alts even less.
    still, it is good information that we all need to know, thanks again for checking and looking up.
    dont know if the devs are also aware, but that okay with me as long they may have read it and possible may have discussed in the meetings.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited September 2016

NOTE: This is only my opinion.
    1. Due to the drop in salvage people are no longer getting 3K from just the salvage but with a BAD of 1K or more they get 2K RAD + 1K BAD.
    2. Players haven't been able to access the professions all weekend from the website gateway and HQ rings are not being produced by the players.
    3. It seems players are no longer concerned about the needs of the guild, questing, multiple characters, or the professions. Focus is shifted to what they need for just one or two characters to progress in the game.

Tracking my six characters is quite a chore. I have to choose between running dungeons and skirmish for my BAD, working professions, and running routine repeatable quests. Over the double RP weekend I was able to upgrade weapons on my main 2 characters but this caused me to lose focus on the remaining four.

I think the main factor was: everybody was opening boxes, opening bags, moving quartermaster enchantment around, refining, gambling with X% chance, moving stuff around among alts, waiting for 15% off refinement coupon to drop (to get p-ward), moving enchantment and account bound weapon among alts to suck up character bound RP. I know I did. It took me 4 days to kind of finishing that. I also finish all the weekly quests (last week's) + SH stuff for my 3 toons. Without Gateway, it slowed down the process a lot because I lose track who has what.

You just have no time to do 'regular' stuff.

On the side note, based on the items I usually put into AH, the price went down by may be 50%.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    prices of rank 9 enchants still stay same at 200k.
  • Options
    nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    prices of rank 9 enchants still stay same at 200k.

And what point are you trying to make here? That prices are still "too high?" Too low? Something else? If you have a price that you think R9s "should" be at, please state that number, and why. We can't read your mind.

For things like R9s, that are pretty much made and not dropped, Cryptic essentially sets the price. I've never seen a R9 enchant drop, so let's assume it'll need making. Per the wiki, a R9 can only be made with two matching R8 enchantments, one with 103,680 RP applied, and 2 GMOPs. And the R8s can only be made with two matching R7 enchantments, one with 34,560 RP applied, and 1 GMOP. Then, add in the cost of pres wards, as R7 -> R8 is 25% chance (stated), and R8 -> R9 is 20% chance.

When I made R9s for myself, I generally started with 4 R7s of that type, plus 152800 RP, plus 4 GMOPs, plus pres wards. Apply 34560 to two R7s, up them both to R8. Then apply 103680 RP to one of the R8s, and make the R9. You should be able to calculate the cost of the 4x R7s, and 4x GMOP, and RP. Pres wards, assuming it takes -- on average, and the RNG is a fickle mistress -- 4 tries for each of the 25% upgrade chances, and 5 tries for the 20% chance, you need 13 Preservation wards. Now calculate the cost of all the inputs needed to make a R9, compared to what they sell for. Is the price still unreasonable?

Cryptic sets the prices of Pres wards. Cryptic sets a price on GMOPs. Cryptic set up those refining rules, such as a matching pair for the R7, R8 & R9 upgrade path. Cryptic runs the upgrade % game. How are players going to be able to avoid such fixed costs if they sell a R9?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    ok, sorry, hm, about 4-5 months ago, i was looking at the prices on enchants, i was just curious, they were in range of 120k/150k until recently, 2 months later, as when i decide to buy one and wasnt expecting prices went up few weeks before they nerfed invokings.
    it made me think and wonder if some players may have inside info or knew when devs is planning on invoking weeks in advanced?
    either way, i have a choice, buy enchant or gathering Superior Marks and only had 240k ADs, decide to get rank 9 and get superiors later as i am trying to reach 3.0k item base and my off-hand artifact shield maxed. it took me over 14 -15 months from 2.7k to 3.0k since T-bar nerfed. that set me back months.
    i only had limited time to play, too much real life to do, with weddings, death in family, bowling for team, and Star Trek meetings (local fleet guild in my hometown) working on setting up next sci-fi convention (near Pittsburgh's Steel City Con event), and holidays coming very soon and time flies fast.

i try to do most of weeklies for ADs, it was barely enough time.