test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Now Available: Premade Characters

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Knox has sent out recruitment orders for experienced adventurers to join the ranks in Neverwinter! We will be adding the ability to purchase premade level 70 characters of all classes first offered to anyone who already has an existing level 70 character.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10151622-now-available:-premade-characters

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    wolfboy13579wolfboy13579 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    why does one of the 3 list as free but it is unclaimable.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I can't personally see me buying this, but I'll agree they made it an enticing deal. 2 Runic Bags are 3200 zen alone and the rest of it is more than worth 1400 zen. Next 50% off Zen market sale, the botters will eat these up like candy.

Meanwhile, the gateway has been down since Friday....
    Post edited by oldbaldyone on
  • Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    hm... will artifacts/mounts/bags be bind on equip or pick up?
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    krymkac said:

hm... will artifacts/mounts/bags be bind on equip or pick up?

Bind on pickup
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    xreverusxxreverusx Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Premade level 70 characters is an awesome idea :sunglasses: That way when I meet newer players and invite em to join the guild n stuff I wont have to wait like a year for them to be able to run epics!
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    For some reason, it's appearing thrice in the "New" category. Also, one is free? I didn't notice that until I was cropping the screenshot. The Recruitment Order is in the "Service" category for anyone thinking about coupons or sales.

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    The "free" one doesn't seem to be an option. I have an open character slot, so that shouldn't be the problem.. 5 characters at L70, and a new one just under L30. Anyone able to claim it?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Guarantee you they're not giving away an item they've valued at $50US. Display bug.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Are all of these rewards bound or not? I'm intrested in buying it because of @x Runic Bags of Holding.
  • Options
    wolfboy13579wolfboy13579 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    anyone know how long this package is going to last in the store? i am not seeing any time limit on it.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    izwor said:

Are all of these rewards bound or not? I'm intrested in buying it because of @x Runic Bags of Holding.

You can see from the screenshots that some of the items are bound. The bind icon is in the upper right corner. There's a minuscule chance that the bags are bind to account, but they probably bind to character.

Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    and so it begins :) this will be awesome for family and freinds who would like to join in the adventure but simply dont have the time to create and level /gear/ outfit a character to do so. Two bags and a nice mount, retrain token to tweak up your character to your specific liking, and an extra character slot, make this a good value also. Thanks for this cool deal guys !!

I interpret the statement "offered first to experienced adventurers" for a limited time, to mean we are the test subjects/promo staff, to test and to see how high a demand there will be for this sort of item, and if we like them then perhaps they will be made available to everyone. :)
    Post edited by omgitszeph on
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • Options
    darkphenomenonsdarkphenomenons Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    i personally think its a little bs. everyone so far that has 70s and have worked their HAMSTER off for it are pretty much getting shafted. i feel like they should keep the free one up and give one free one to everyone who already had a level 70 on their account. of course that will never happen. all they live for is to shaft loyal old players like for example taking coal wards out of the trade bar store. forget old players and only ever worry about new ones without taking care of us right? thanks ark for nothing.
  • Options
    coldfire473coldfire473 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    We will be adding the ability to purchase premade level 70 characters of all classes first offered to anyone who already has an existing level 70 character.
    Anyone talking about newbies/botters being able to jump on these needs to read a bit closer.
  • Options

i personally think its a little bs. everyone so far that has 70s and have worked their **** off for it are pretty much getting shafted.

Honestly? They're template characters with a suboptimal build and mediocre equipment, much of which is simply handed to your character for reaching level 70 naturally. They come with a few goodies and a nice mount (for now). Levelling to 70 is only the beginning of the working your tail off to build up a character in NW, none of which a premade character has done for you.

The price reduction on the campaign completions has more impact on anyone who wants something to complain about (not that I'm complaining about it).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    bbrightstonebbrightstone Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    So essentially, now a Sigil of the XXXXX is $50. That's what my take away from this is. Why spend a total of 2 hours getting to 60 when you can pop 5000 zen and get an instasigil.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User

So essentially, now a Sigil of the XXXXX is $50. That's what my take away from this is. Why spend a total of 2 hours getting to 60 when you can pop 5000 zen and get an instasigil.

Because 5000 zen is (nominally) 50 dollars? I mean, yeah, not really, but still: it's not exactly cheap.
  • Options
    evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Not liking the mount.
    Bags are nice.
    As stated above, access to a Sigil is nice... but not for this price.
    Not having to grind the EE borefest is nice.
    Most player will want to change the weps from the get-go.

Not sure any of this is worth my money.
    I'd much rather pick and pay from a list where the more I buy, the more I save.

Oh, and account-wide campaign completion tokens are a must. Does anyone even buy these?
  • Options
    If you only want the character for the sigil, and you'd rather spend 5k Zen than go leech XP from your guildies in the SH for a few hours (since that's how I know of that you can level to 60 in 2 hours), I don't see why anyone should care. If levelling to 60 is that trivial already, what difference does it make?

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Welp, I deleted my character thinking I could claim the free one. Thanks I guess.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Welp, I deleted my character thinking I could claim the free one. Thanks I guess.

File a support ticket. They may be able to recover it for you, though it will probably take some time.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I can't personally see me buying this, but I'll agree they made it an enticing deal. 2 Runic Bags are 3200 zen alone and the rest of it is more than worth 1400 zen. Next 50% off Zen market sale, the botters will eat these up like candy.

Meanwhile, the gateway has been down since Friday....

In the Zen Market it said "Limited time only."
  • Options
    xkrz8xdeathxkrz8xdeath Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Hope this goes on Xbox 1 I want a 70 healer buffer and. Maybe a gf I leveled up some characters but gave up lol lack of time I have to play now I can just buy 70 awsome th nd strum
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    After reading all the comments and reflecting on 3 years in game I have a few thoughts about this scheme.
    It seems like a good idea. For this game to thrive it needs new, serious players. . Most of the friends and guildies I've started with are long gone.

And it is hard to get new players to come to the game and invest the 12hours/week for 3 months it would take to run high level dungeons.

This plan lowers that barrier a bit. It is certainly not pay to win: none of those items is remotely BiS and all the campaigns still need to be completed..

I will be cautiously optimistic about this.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

After reading all the comments and reflecting on 3 years in game I have a few thoughts about this scheme.
    It seems like a good idea. For this game to thrive it needs new, serious players. . Most of the friends and guildies I've started with are long gone.

And it is hard to get new players to come to the game and invest the 12hours/week for 3 months it would take to run high level dungeons.

This plan lowers that barrier a bit. It is certainly not pay to win: none of those items is remotely BiS and all the campaigns still need to be completed..

I will be cautiously optimistic about this.

They must already have a 70 though, so this isn't for brand new players. And it tosses them right into the grind (arguably the worst part of the game) with no knowledge of their class....

I dont know....I dont think this will be used for what they expect.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Can someone advise if the mounts are bound? I wouldnt mind a fancy Owlbear on my main...
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    What about Epic Experience Boosters? They cost exactly the same amount as a freshly-minted lvl 70 character, but don't come with runic bags or any other items.
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Can someone advise if the mounts are bound? I wouldnt mind a fancy Owlbear on my main...

The mount appears to be bind to account on pick-up. One of my friends bought this last night.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    xreverusx said:

Premade level 70 characters is an awesome idea :sunglasses: That way when I meet newer players and invite em to join the guild n stuff I wont have to wait like a year for them to be able to run epics!

"Knox has sent out recruitment orders for experienced adventurers to join the ranks in Neverwinter! We will be adding the ability to purchase premade level 70 characters of all classes first offered to anyone who already has an existing level 70 character.", this paragraph explain it all ;):|
This discussion has been closed.