test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] PvP Solo Queue Event: 9/8-9/15

Comments

• truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    OMG OMG OMG, they are going to kill PVP with this!!! Seriously? I mean that, seriously?
    You actually believe this?
    Then YOU, YES YOU ARE THE PROBLEM, with PVP.
    I quit playing PVP years ago. I got tired of 5 players who spent thousands of dollars on their toons who got off on seeing how many inexperienced players they can slaughter as often as possible in a ten minute round. I got tired of pvp'er spending the entire match trying to get into our spawn zone. I especially got tired of the attitude of "HA HA, YOU SUCK, GO SPEND MORE!"
    Even the lure of AD is not enough to waste my time to feed some Griefers ego.

If you look back into older threads, yes I am one of the players who stated flatly a premade group should never go against a PUG. I look forward to this, and might even try PVP again.

As for the whining about not being able to get easy slaughters anymore, You had your fun, now you can actually compete against others just like you. I know that wont be the fun you have had picking on noobs, but too bad.
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User

@strumslinger

Please dont let the devs take solo quele and group quele forward in the future, it will end joy for people queueing in groups with their friends, in my opinion the most correct thing to do is keep the system as it is, add requirments go get in pvp like minimum tenacity, and add a downscalle system where premade parties would have theis stats downscalled according to the oponente team, if not by IL, then by the way defiantone99 said, wins, loses, deaths, kills and assists. It may not be perfect but it will make more possible for both kind of players.

Dude , group queuing will still be available if thts what you want - solo q is just another/new addition - Your choice what you wanna do ;)
  • jokerswissjokerswiss Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Fantastic news! I stop playing PVP when Mod9 started but now seems I will have a week full of PVP :-)
    Mostly queued solo and always wanted to have such solo queue posibility, especially when I had to face premades which were afraid to play 1vs1 when you challenged them, as there are a lot of such players who rise their k/d in only pugstopming matches...
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    This is a wonderful addition that should allow newer players to experience PVP in a new-player-friendly manner. I very much expect such matches to involve little if any communication between team mates. That's not so bad if you're testing the waters, but it takes quite a bit of the fun out of the game for those ready to take the experience to the next level by coordinating a team strategy.

It would be a wonderful addition for players that have friends that PVP to be able to duo queue... pick two teams and queue them together, similar to how two 5-man parties can queue for eDemo. Top PVP guilds do this already. They just have to rely on chat to coordinate when their respective queues pop and decide whether to take the pop or not. Adding built-in support for duo queue doesn't open any exploit that's not already possible, but it would make it far, far easier for social groups (e.g. guilds, alliances, NW_Legit, etc) to organize fair, balanced and fun matches.

@strumslinger
    Please consider duo queue for the very near future.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    truckula said:

If you look back into older threads, yes I am one of the players who stated flatly a premade group should never go against a PUG. I look forward to this, and might even try PVP again.

As for the whining about not being able to get easy slaughters anymore, You had your fun, now you can actually compete against others just like you. I know that wont be the fun you have had picking on noobs, but too bad.

I TOTALLY agree with you on this! I think it would be fun to be able to watch those premade vs. premade groups only be able to fight themselves. How many of those pvp'ers will soon get to feel what it's like to be constantly rolled? (Because the only reason they thought they were top dog in the first place was their constant rolling of pug solo groups.) Now they are only going to compete against others on their own level. Some are going to be changing their tune from laughing at the pug group to reacting like that kid on youtube that beats his keyboard up!

I too will try pvp again. I would love to be able to run it on a daily basis with properly (or close to properly) matched teams.

Here's my question though...What really is the point of tenacity? Why have it? It just screws everything up. If you just have the base skills, feats, boons, and item levels, then would it not lead to a better matched pvp queue relying on a persons skill level? I know it's too late to wipe tenacity out of the game at this point, but I don't think it was ever needed (other than for cryptic to create new armor sets and make more money). The big problem is all the new players to pvp are so out-gunned with little-to-no tenacity gear, that matching them in any queue with players that have tenacity throws the whole thing out of whack!

Oh, and why is there no option for preset character setups? When I played Rift I believe the slots were called wardrobes. That way we can quickly switch gear/skills with a single click of a button. One slot for PvE, one for PvP, and a few more for variations depending on the role your doing at the time (support, tank, dps, etc). Just a thought...
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I don't see anything wrong with people who want to queue as a group - so long as they are pitted against other people who queue as a group...

What seems to be the problem is those people who queue as a founded group being pitted against people who are randomly selected from an open queue to fight against them.

Currently there is no way to successfully complete the campaign map for the PVP portion of it unless a person is part of an already powerful group - or a player just happens to luck out and is queued in a group with other already powerful and knowledgeable players.

As there is, there should be two queue groups private and public and the two should not be able to interact with each other. It seems like that would solve a lot of the problems I've been reading about.

Also as I mentioned there should be an attempt to add balance to each PVP group with no more than one character class in each group but to solve the lengthy wait that would sometimes occur with this type of selection process, allow for different sizes of PVP groups. One on One, Two against Two, Three fighting Three and so on.

It still won't completely address the party imbalance issue but it would keep one team from having a consistantly overly heavy advantage against another team IMO.
    DD~
    edited September 2016
    :D Remember people - The current group queuing option will still be available , so if thats what you want then go for it - the solo queue will be an additional option for those who don't want to go through the effort of making groups and also so that the solo pvp'ers don't end up wasting precious game time when they find pre-made after pre-made party spoiling everyone's fun and thus end-up hating pvp ...

its still your choice what you wanna do :)

This new solo queue system will grow the pvp community which is great for all !
  • xaeiownuxxaeiownux Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2016

even though i dont like pvp, i think its a nice idea to add this.

x2 ..it may even inspire to do try it again
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    We need a whole MOD devoted to PvP.
    The next one hopefully. Fix the issues, improvements all around
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Next we would like some new pvp maps/arenas !! yeah that will be really awesome !!
    zeusom said:

We need a whole MOD devoted to PvP.
    The next one hopefully. Fix the issues, improvements all around

Agreed :)
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    xaeiownux said:

even though i dont like pvp, i think its a nice idea to add this.

x2 ..it may even inspire to do try it again
    maybe now my alts can waste more time doing stuff earning me wasteful ad =D
    cause wasting time on alts when i can farm more ad on my main is nice

as of now i currently do 2 skirmishes for ad on my alts wasting over 2 hours. with pvp now i can waste over 5 hours.

better to just ignore my alts and ignore the ad bonus and just play my main to actually earn profit. just as everyone i have asked in my alliance and in my guild and most of the people chatting in protectors enclave, no one likes this ad bonus. guess i just need to farm tons of blues and mail them to my alts instead of wasting time on my alts doing skirmishes.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    We had ilvl matching in NW before. The queue time was terrible, people would strip down naked to queue and then put on gear once inside, effectively it fixed nothing.

Almost everyone queues solo now that isn't in a pvp quild. With the hopes of not increasing their chances of facing those premades.

The biggest improvement that can be made to pvp queue is to make it respect ignore lists. That way if I'm not comfortable playing with or against people they are two clicks away from never seeing them again. I should not be subjected to seeing the people over and over again. If you want to use ambush rings and drains, that's great because I won't have to see you more than once anyhow.

I'd like to see a separate queue for no tenacity :)
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Hi this is a good move, i too suggested a while ago to put IL requirements for level 70+ players, but it was not seen good!
    putzboy78 said:

We had ilvl matching in NW before. The queue time was terrible, people would strip down naked to queue and then put on gear once inside, effectively it fixed nothing.
    I'd like to see a separate queue for no tenacity :)

I sent an idea to cryptic not to long ago about the PvP matching problem. It included my concern about people doing the bait-and-switch move once they get in a match. The matching would have to somehow take into account equipment inside their inventory, mail, and bank accounts (not sure if VIP players can summon character/shared bank account or mail inside a match). If they can access any VIP services in a PvP match, then all VIP services (just services) need to be disabled during the match.

It would have to do a final check just before everyone enters the match. That way you can't initially queue with say a 3.5k item level/0 tenacity, and then switch out items just before you enter the match with 4.2k pvp item level/1500 tenacity (like when you click "Accept" for the match and then are waiting for everyone else before the map loads).

It's going to take some think-tank sessions for cryptic to come up with a viable solution that can't be circumvented by players. For now I do like the idea of a separate queue for pre-made teams and solo pug groups. A solo pug group should never go up against a pre-made group.

As for the separate no tenacity queue, that would be much easier for the system to check for any tenacity on any of your items to ensure you can't bait-and-switch that way. Just too many variables and tenacity really screws up the whole system - no need for it.
  • hedrackohedracko Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Oh, and yes I know it's hard to get a gear, and become BiS player. But if Cryptic listen to people who don't want spend time in game and work for getting better gear, etc. what will happen?

I think the best for everyone would be make the way easier how you can get BiS gear. So actually people would go pvp, and I'm sure there is so many skilled players out there who just suck in pvp because of missing gear...

So yes. Imo the best would be: people should get the BiS gear easier, and still I think this item-level-queue-system would work really well.
  • divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Next step: mount, boons and insignias to item level.
    How it's possible that a game changing enchantment like elven battle, that makes you inmune to control effects and leave you with infinite stamina only rise your item lvl by 150?
    Even worst, Golden lion that gives you half of your hp as shield, knock enemies and give you such a tastefull stats, not even rise your item level?
    Insignias like champion's return and champion's struggle can be used at the same time, causing you to recover 30% of your hp and 30% of your total stamina when hitting 50%of your max hp. Does not count on item lvl
    In icewind dale not so long ago, i see a battle between two 4,2k il players, one had guild boons, and the other don't.
    At the end, the difference between them was like a 3k player fighing a bis 4,2k. 8k life steal and 8k power makes too much of a difference that it's not reflected in item level.

Go start a second account from scratch and make a pvp character, no guild and no friendslist to draw help from and no vip. Its ok from 10 to 60, and a little rough from 60 to 69. Yes you run into people passing their trans fey and neg and r12s to their lvl 30 characters but its not the standard. It is actually pretty balanced and really fun to play. Pre 70, skill and party communication matters so much more than gear and enchants.

Now hit lvl 70 and see how well it goes for you. You are in your 60-69 pvp gear with maybe r6s or 7s from the AH and trying to grind seals from a daily win so you can get the starting lvl 70 gear. You maybe have half of sharandar boons done and half of elemental evil boons. You are still working on getting your arti-weapon set and still dont have the artifact to complete the arti set bonus best for your class (lostmoth/valindras)

It will take 2 months of getting roflstomped by premades 2hrs a day 3-4 days a week to get the seals for starting 70 set just so you can start farming seals to get the burning set. These wins come completly random from either being the 5th in a 4man premade and getting carried or the one in 100 matches that is actually against similar geared players. No pvp guild will take you in because your gear and IL is to low and you cant make seals for gear because you cant win. This is where there is a huge gap in skill vs gear and enchants. at 2000IL You could be the best damn pvp player in your class, hell the greatest in all classes, and it will do nothing when some +4kIL character (with trans everything and mythic everything and fully kitted gear and fully jeweled rosegold rings and all campaign boons and higest rank pvp guild boons) ganks you as easily as looking at you, teabags you (/sit emote over and over) lets you get rezd by your team so he can atwill you once so he can spam /sit over your corps again and post in zone chat about how you are trash.

I have no problem with people who have maxed out PVP characters, it takes a huge inve$tment to get there. I do have a problem with them owning all of pvp at this point and turning more people away from it than want to stick it out. There has to be a way to close the gap between fresh 70 and a lvl 70 who has been pvping since the game launched.

I am 100% behind both a solo only que, a premade only que and domination in general being teired by IL as you suggested.

P.S. This is all just my personal experience/opinion. Since the level cap increase every few months I make a pvp character to play to 70 and then deleat them because at 70 it stops being fun. I wait a month or two then rinse and repeat. I really love the balance of pre 70 pvp.

++ to this explanation of the current situation!!

I respect those that have put all the time and effort into building their ideal PvP characters. You have some very nicely made toons. But there has to be something put into place for those of us who are level 70 and new to PvP to allow us to get a foothold into that facet of the game. New PvP players shouldn't be queued with veteran PvP players (unless it's a pre-made group). Or else we will never get the glory or other currency needed to advance in PvP. It would be (and currently is) pointless for a level 70 player to try and start PvP'ing in the game's current state.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    lance1967 said:

That way you can't initially queue with say a 3.5k item level/0 tenacity, and then switch out items just before you enter the match with 4.2k pvp item level/1500 tenacity (like when you click "Accept" for the match and then are waiting for everyone else before the map loads).

They could always just lock your gear once you queue for a certain IL so you can't switch anything.
  • scarabmanscarabman Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
    Just to reiterate, the pre-existing queue will still be available during this time with all the normal queue requirements. We are also ready to try out duo queue so stay tuned for more details on that.

Once the event is over, we'll be taking a look at the numbers to decide on next steps.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    No need to worry about premades. Is it possible for us having a 1v1 deathmatch?
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User

Kinda funny, Why simply do not Call Duel pvp event? After all its duel match 1vs1.

Also why not making it part of current pvp features...??

You mistook it is the same old 5v5 but you can only queue alone.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Just to reiterate, the pre-existing queue will still be available during this time with all the normal queue requirements. We are also ready to try out duo queue so stay tuned for more details on that.

Once the event is over, we'll be taking a look at the numbers to decide on next steps.

Thank you for the clarifications and the info!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    minaminka said:

It's a very good idea, but domination should have itl requirements - someone with 2k or less is useless and too easy to kill.

The issue with this... iL is easily manipulated to fit in a lower queue. I could easily drop one or two pieces of armor to enter... then put them back on when the match starts. Wiping the floor with everyone.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    As I said over a year ago... the matchmaking system needs to be associated with the level of the Unlocked PvP Campaign. I have not progressed past 57% in over a year... since many of the record keeping is broken.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    hedracko said:

Oh, and yes I know it's hard to get a gear, and become BiS player. But if Cryptic listen to people who don't want spend time in game and work for getting better gear, etc. what will happen?

I think the best for everyone would be make the way easier how you can get BiS gear. So actually people would go pvp, and I'm sure there is so many skilled players out there who just suck in pvp because of missing gear...

So yes. Imo the best would be: people should get the BiS gear easier, and still I think this item-level-queue-system would work really well.</blockquote

This would be too easy. I wish you good luck in your premade queue.

The funny thing is, I have been on a few PUG teams of skilled and geared players who stomped ToS into the ground. We did so because we all worked our booties off. That is not a hard thing to do, but pugging to do it is not easy. They could not fight against a skilled and geared team... only stomping.

ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
This discussion has been closed.