test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sudden rings on companions! too powerful..

Comments

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Or they should nerf bonding power stat to the ground.

Keep 3x95% boost, remove 3x840 power from it.

Or double side effect:
    840 power for Stones,
    95% for Actual pets.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    owlcat#9823 owlcat Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Anyone who relies on this exploit these rings to deal damage/survive is very pathetic and seriously lacks skills.
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Not sure what you're saying. You still need to dodge reds.
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Again the majority of complainers are those that want everything handed to them for free...ie grind is too much...cant earn AD...this game is pay to win...I just turned 70 why can't I get what others have right now...wah...wah...wah. As in life, you get what you put in...so quit complaining and start contributing....join a guild...buy vip...grind your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> off...use ah...but for God's sake quit complaining.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I love the 100% uptime comment. I respect sharp but i have yet to see hard proof that sudden rings have 100 percent uptime on companions. Mine sure as hell are not 100 percent up.

I think people are taking that at face value and theorycrafting off it to make posts like this.

Yes, at BIS, players are too strong. I dont think you can balance yhe game around that though. FBI is a first half step to accomodate everyone....they need to do more.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I just swapped back to a non-ring pet, the rings do drop off if a fight goes past 8 seconds or so. Tested with fire archon this morning.

They do reset out of combat though, so if you kill everything in 8 seconds, then encounter another group almost straight after, the rings would be up again.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options

I will go a step further and say Rank 12s, Legendary gear, and Mythic artifacts are too powerful. Nerf them. The whole discussion leads nowhere. Before it was the LM set, now it is bondings and rings. It goes on and on. I swear some people just want to pay and grind to be weak.

none of these things can give you 18k+ power/def/crit/ls

• Options
    greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    Some people's kids.. I swear. Quit whining about players being too powerful cause you're too lazy to grind for items.

If you want to whine about the game being too easy then whine that we need harder content. But some of you wouldn't be able to get through it so then you'd whine it's too hard.

Taking away earned rewards to give the illusion of difficulty is the stupidest thing I've heard.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I think what the devs could do is just make it so that only static rings can be used with companions or, like many others have already said, make Companion's Gift respect the cooldowns of Sudden rings.

Sometimes I feel like nothing drives the conversation on these forums as much as envy does. I understand the op, but not so much some who want to kill off one of the most interesting addition to the game in many years. Do we really want to go back to being married to our augments? Bonding runestones create more variety (cheesy Fire Archon armies aside) and they are fantastic for anybody who likes to play multiple classes. I would even argue that bonding runestones are very easy to get with a little bit of determination and frugality.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    can happen with any companion. THE dot thing is not the reason.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

Some people's kids.. I swear. Quit whining about players being too powerful cause you're too lazy to grind for items.

If you want to whine about the game being too easy then whine that we need harder content. But some of you wouldn't be able to get through it so then you'd whine it's too hard.

Taking away earned rewards to give the illusion of difficulty is the stupidest thing I've heard.

grind for what? these rings are available to everyone for free.. Actually YOU'RE the one that needs to grind for these extremly high stats, not get them for free.

You shouldn't be able to get 18k crit/power/def/ls for doing nothing. These rings are meant to be used by your character so you could get 4k stats from them every 30s, NOT 18k+ every 8s.
    meirami said:

I think what the devs could do is just make it so that only static rings can be used with companions or, like many others have already said, make Companion's Gift respect the cooldowns of Sudden rings.

Sometimes I feel like nothing drives the conversation on these forums as much as envy does. I understand the op, but not so much some who want to kill off one of the most interesting addition to the game in many years. Do we really want to go back to being married to our augments? Bonding runestones create more variety (cheesy Fire Archon armies aside) and they are fantastic for anybody who likes to play multiple classes. I would even argue that bonding runestones are very easy to get with a little bit of determination and frugality.

Lol, envy? wait, what? how?

we are talking about the free rings here, you know, the ones we salvage every week for 3k? not the adorable bites that costs around 3m.

Also, I never said I wanted them to nerf bondings, just to fix these rings so that lazy people won't use to them to gain extremely high stats (for FREE) that they didn't even work for.
    Post edited by owlcat#9823 on
  • Options
    And there's another thread stating that rng is disgusting.
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Hm, it looks like i have the only one bugless client in the world. Yesterday I tried ring of sudden deflect on practice targets with fire archon and buff was not 100% uptime. And btw, my owlbear cub seems does not do piercing damage.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    I hope they dont listen to you seriously stop whining, some grind others pay to get that powerful. Doesnt matter your probably just complaining cause your not top paingiver lmao.

Honestly I rather have group that all runs that so I can clear content faster, than waste time.
  • Options

Honestly I rather have group that all runs that so I can clear content faster, than waste time.

Isn't that one of the reasons for being top of paingiver?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

I hope they dont listen to you seriously stop whining, some grind others pay to get that powerful. Doesnt matter your probably just complaining cause your not top paingiver lmao.

You're the only one whining here. and you're proud of cheating too.

the top paingiver seems to be the only reason you play the game? well that explains a lot.

Then let me tell you this, I've never used this exploit(and never will) and I almost always get that top paingiver...well.. unless if there was another skilled BiS player, using it(what a shame) in the same party. however, their rank on the chart doesn't count, since they were relying on an exploit to gain "..almost" perma 100%+ crit chance, seventy something k power, etc...

In the end, I actually rely on my skills and hard earned stats(unlike you/them) to deal damage/survive.

(and it's pretty obvious that these rings aren't working as intended, so hopefully they will get fixed)

EDIT:

Hold on..If playing the game the way it's supposed to be played, is a "Waste of time" to you, then why are you playing this? is it seriously.. just for the paingiver chart?? Oookayyyyy.....cuz that's not a waste of time at all! RIGHT?
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

You're the only one whining here. and you're proud of cheating too.

the top paingiver seems to be the only reason you play the game? well that explains a lot.

Then let me tell you this, I've never used this exploit(and never will) and I almost always get that top paingiver...well.. unless if there was another skilled BiS player, using it(what a shame) in the same party. however, their rank on the chart doesn't count, since they were relying on an exploit to gain "..almost" perma 100%+ crit chance, seventy something k power, etc...

In the end, I actually rely on my skills and hard earned stats(unlike you/them) to deal damage/survive.

(and it's pretty obvious that these rings aren't working as intended, so hopefully they will get fixed)

EDIT:

Hold on..If playing the game the way it's supposed to be played, is a "Waste of time" to you, then why are you playing this? is it seriously.. just for the paingiver chart?? Oookayyyyy.....cuz that's not a waste of time at all! RIGHT?
    You can get 100% crit and 70k power without sudden rings.

And different people enjoy things in different ways. Stop getting your knickers in a wad because people are different than you. You'll find life is a lot more enjoyable that way.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    zibadawa said:

You can get 100% crit and 70k power without sudden rings.

Sure, if you count buffs.
    zibadawa said:

And different people enjoy things in different ways. Stop getting your knickers in a wad because people are different than you. You'll find life is a lot more enjoyable that way.

I asked him, since he said my way of playing the game is a "waste of time" and that reporting an exploit is "whining".. and started his sentence with "I hope they dont listen to you"

So why are you directing this to me?
  • Options
    edited September 2016

With rank 12s on your toon and rank 12s on your pet with rank 12 Bondings, you get over 100 percent crit.

and the 70k+ power with it? without buffs and sudden rings?

SH boons can give up to 8000 Power and 8000 Defense. Insignias give tremendous amounts of Power too.

With all of that, you still can't get 100% crit chance AND 70k+ power or anywhere close without ANY buffs.

even IF it was possible(it isn't), it would mean you've spent ALOT of time/ad to achieve that.

but with these rings, you can easily get all of that for free. Everyone is extremely overpowered and immortal.
    Yeah, that's not okay.
  • Options

Yes, if you have insignias, the Barracks boon and a mount for Power, it is quite easy to build for Power. But, of course the UD ring bonuses should not work on pets, but all other rings should. Companion-Only rings are not cheap, especially on Xbox where they only have Adorable and the SH ones. PS4 only has the SH ones, they are horrid.

I have "almost" all of that, It isn't as powerful as these free rings.

and yeah, true. as long as they fix these UD rings then there shouldn't be any problems
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Okay. Remember when I said I'll use this? Screw it. I can't use it. Not that it's not working but I have already bought Loyal Avengers. Unless you have +5 UD rings, which only gives you a tidbit more stats. But newbies should take this as an alternative if you stumbled across at least +4 UD rings in your farm sessions before you get a more stable and favored by many, Loyal or Adorable (your choice, I prefer Loyal in my build). Bonding upgrades is still a priority.
  • Options
    niadan said:

Again the majority of complainers are those that want everything handed to them for free...ie grind is too much...cant earn AD...this game is pay to win...I just turned 70 why can't I get what others have right now...wah...wah...wah. As in life, you get what you put in...so quit complaining and start contributing....join a guild...buy vip...grind your **** off...use ah...but for God's sake quit complaining.

Not an argument.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

I will go a step further and say Rank 12s, Legendary gear, and Mythic artifacts are too powerful. Nerf them. The whole discussion leads nowhere. Before it was the LM set, now it is bondings and rings. It goes on and on. I swear some people just want to pay and grind to be weak.

+1, +1000

I can't understand why ppl are going on about how the 2k IL content is easy when you are 3-3.5k IL geared ???? Wow really, when your rated at 2x the min IL? Of course its easy, it should be, its called character progression.

We should be asking for harder content, not nerfing everything, dragging us all back to where we were at 18 months ago. I didn't spend the last 12 months of grinding to have it all taken away. Stuff that.
  • Options
    lantern22 said:

+1, +1000

I can't understand why ppl are going on about how the 2k IL content is easy when you are 3-3.5k IL geared ???? Wow really, when your rated at 2x the min IL? Of course its easy, it should be, its called character progression.

We should be asking for harder content, not nerfing everything, dragging us all back to where we were at 18 months ago. I didn't spend the last 12 months of grinding to have it all taken away. Stuff that.

Needed more variety of dungeons then. I can dig it.